The David Bowie Thread

Queenie

has anyone here seen "the man who fell to earth"? i just watched it last weekend and im not sure how i feel about it. at first i thought it was a terrible movie, worst ive ever seen, but that david was amazing in it. but the more i let it run through my head the more i started to like it. im watching it again this weekend and i just wanted to know what eveyone else thought about it.

heres a clip, er, the trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oKF5lHcJY9k

has anyone here seen "the man who fell to earth"? i just watched it last weekend and im not sure how i feel about it. at first i thought it was a terrible movie, worst ive ever seen, but that david was amazing in it. but the more i let it run through my head the more i started to like it. im watching it again this weekend and i just wanted to know what eveyone else thought about it.

heres a clip, er, the trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oKF5lHcJY9k

Oh yes, I've seen that!

Pretty much love any movie he's in!

hi, i was wondering when exactly was bowie considered Ziggy Stardust, and when was he considered The Thin White Duke?

were there particular eras?

roughly

Ziggy belongs to the 70s.

the white duke to the 80s.

i witnessed both! :wub2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Before the heart attack. This is from "Reality Tour" dvd, recorded in Dublin on November 22 of 2003, 10 days before he cancelled my gig in Toulouse. I can´t see it, i mean, i can´t see the whole dvd because i always cry. I can´t help it.

You know my story, so you can understand why...:(

I went to Toulouse to see Bowie for the 1st time. I planned for months. The day before the gig (November 12 of 2003) i took a plane from Madrid to Barcelona and then i took a train to go to Toulouse. When it was an hour left to arrive to Toulouse a friend of mine called me to tell me Bowie was sick and he wouldn´t perform the day after. I was devastated. Maybe you think it´s too much but it was one of the most devastating moments in my life...

No gig for me then, but i had another chance. Bowie planned to play in the Xacobeo Festival & Bilbao in the summer (July 2004). I was all exciteeeeed. 2 bowie gigs in a row...You know the rest. The cardiac problems...No gigs of Bowie for me...

I went to Toulouse to see Bowie for the 1st time. I planned for months. The day before the gig (November 12 of 2003) i took a plane from Madrid to Barcelona and then i took a train to go to Toulouse. When it was an hour left to arrive to Toulouse a friend of mine called me to tell me Bowie was sick and he wouldn´t perform the day after. I was devastated. Maybe you think it´s too much but it was one of the most devastating moments in my life...

No gig for me then, but i had another chance. Bowie planned to play in the Xacobeo Festival & Bilbao in the summer (July 2004). I was all exciteeeeed. 2 bowie gigs in a row...You know the rest. The cardiac problems...No gigs of Bowie for me...

gosh ana! :shocked:

ahem.....mika could do it without any heart attack! :wink2::naughty:

pst....i love you mika! :blush-anim-cl:

• 1 month later...