Any Christians?

JoPerrin

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JoPerrin, best wishes to your dad... it's always a good idea to include him in prayer requests...the more prayers, the better chances of healing. :)

Oh, and Sarah...you should def go back to church if you feel lead to! If your parents love you, I am sure they will support you in your decision. Plus, religion/faith is all about the individual, so only you can make that decision for yourself. :)

JoPerrin, best wishes to your dad... it's always a good idea to include him in prayer requests...the more prayers, the better chances of healing. :)

Oh, and Sarah...you should def go back to church if you feel lead to! If your parents love you, I am sure they will support you in your decision. Plus, religion/faith is all about the individual, so only you can make that decision for yourself. :)

My mum and dad aint christian but they are soo suportive. You would meet up with new friends. I have made lots of new friends. I have a friend called Val who helps me with god. If i have any probs then i go to her and she helps me with it. Quentin is sorting out a bible study at the begining of november. I cant wait.

I don't go to church, usually, though I am Christian. I stopped going about 6 months ago because all it was was one big ball of drama. I've never met so many hypocritic, gossiping, mean-sprited people in my life. I'm not saying all churches are like that, just my own. :wink2:

The people at my church aren't mean-spirited or anything like that. But you mentioned people being hypocritical. That's the problem I see with my church. I hate when they tell you to love everyone, and that God loves everyone, then they talk about how other religions are wrong, and Christianity is the only way. It's like, "ummmm...okaaaaaay....."

The people at my church aren't mean-spirited or anything like that. But you mentioned people being hypocritical. That's the problem I see with my church. I hate when they tell you to love everyone, and that God loves everyone, then they talk about how other religions are wrong, and Christianity is the only way. It's like, "ummmm...okaaaaaay....."

EXACTLY.

You're supposed to love everyone no matter what, but they find it all fine and dandy to discriminate against other religions and lifestyles.

I had a gay friend in high school, and I was actually told to stay away from him by my youth leader.

Well, you have to realize and consider that the people that go to church are human. No one is perfect except for, well, God, so all we can expect from our church leaders is that they try their best to resemble God's image. Everyone falls short of that. But it is how we pick ourselves back up from that, that makes it the important part.

Your describing my friends church. My friend told me that and i was like OK?

My friend preaches it to me and i dont like it. and i am a christian.:blink:

St marys aint like that:thumb_yello:

EXACTLY.

You're supposed to love everyone no matter what, but they find it all fine and dandy to discriminate against other religions and lifestyles.

I had a gay friend in high school, and I was actually told to stay away from him by my youth leader.

Oh that makes me sick. I would love to say "Oh that's terrible! I can't imagine anyone ever saying that!" But the thing is, I CAN imagine someone saying that. That saddens me, but it's true.

EXACTLY.

My best mates gay and i know that my christian friend has said that my friend would go down to hell because he is gay. I think that is so bad. if my friend was with my best mate she would try to bully him into becoming straight which i think is bad. I dont care my best mates gay. It dont bother me at all

Mmmm, I thought I'd posted on here before. But I just searched and apparently I haven't.

I'm Catholic. I love my Priest. He's such an awesome guy. And my mom isn't Catholic, and she says how nice and amazing he is. He doesn't really act like a stuck up, "I'm going to Heaven, you'll rot in hell" religious fanatic or anything. He's just like a cool dude who happens to wear black all the time.

And I love his puppy. Whenever I go to the rectory, I have to play with his dog.:wub2:

Great sentence. :thumb_yello:

:biggrin2:

When I was at the rectory once (which, in case you don't know, is the house right beside the church where the priest lives.) some woman came in, and she says "Oh, sorry I'm late Father, I was coming over and a baby deer ran off the hill and into my car. My car's fine, but the poor little thing.........."

and he goes "Oh! Well I'll pray that he gets into little Bambi heaven!"

:biggrin2:

When I was at the rectory once (which, in case you don't know, is the house right beside the church where the priest lives.) some woman came in, and she says "Oh, sorry I'm late Father, I was coming over and a baby deer ran off the hill and into my car. My car's fine, but the poor little thing.........."

and he goes "Oh! Well I'll pray that he gets into little Bambi heaven!"

Aww that's so cute! I'd love to meet him, he seems really awesome!

I did know what a rectory was, but thanks for the explanation :wink2: I actually live next to the parsonage, which is what Protestants call it. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's not such a good thing.

Aww that's so cute! I'd love to meet him, he seems really awesome!

I did know what a rectory was, but thanks for the explanation :wink2: I actually live next to the parsonage, which is what Protestants call it. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's not such a good thing.

Oh well I know you know. :biggrin2: I just know that not everyone here is Catholic, and/or knows what it is. So I thought I'd explain.:biggrin2:

You are too kind :thumb_yellow:

Question: Do you know what a Moravian is?

It's a form of Christianity, right?

I know I read about it a long time ago. Everyone seems to think it's the same as Mormon.:roftl:

It's a form of Christianity, right?

I know I read about it a long time ago. Everyone seems to think it's the same as Mormon.:roftl:

Yep, you are right. I'm a Moravian, actually :)

And I love that you know how everyone thinks it's the same as Mormon...you are so right! I'll say, "I'm a Moravian." And they'll say, "Oh, so you're a Mormon?" People are stupid.

Yep, you are right. I'm a Moravian, actually :)

And I love that you know how everyone thinks it's the same as Mormon...you are so right! I'll say, "I'm a Moravian." And they'll say, "Oh, so you're a Mormon?" People are stupid.

What exactly is it? Like, what's it about? I know it's Christianity, but... well, you know what I mean. Explain!

You wouldn't believe how many people hate Catholics.:blink: My mom's coworker said something to her about "I know a few people who were lucky enough to get out of the Catholic church, and now they're Christians."

ROFL and my dear, sweet mother goes "...Catholics are Christians. They're just not protestants..."

What exactly is it? Like, what's it about? I know it's Christianity, but... well, you know what I mean. Explain!

You wouldn't believe how many people hate Catholics.:blink: My mom's coworker said something to her about "I know a few people who were lucky enough to get out of the Catholic church, and now they're Christians."

ROFL and my dear, sweet mother goes "...Catholics are Christians. They're just not protestants..."

Instead of writing a ridiculously long post, I'll give you this link:

http://www.moravian.org/believe/

And I love your sweet mother. Trying to be kind to her not so smart coworker.