'Grace Kelly' sung at X Factor Audition.

Marilyn Mastin

Last evening I was watching the X Factor auditions, because I love a good slice of Car Crash TV.

That's a bit unfair of me, though, because sometimes they sing okay, and now they are beginning to choose their audition songs with care. A young auditionee (Ididn't catch his name) sang Grace Kelly as his audition piece. He did well too (obviously not as good as we have heard it sung) but he sang in tune, and he got through! But I was also really pleased that the young auditionee, sung Mika's hit song in in front of Simon Cowell.

Simon Cowell has, in the past, has rejected, TAKE THAT, THE SPICE GIRLS, and... are you ready for this one guys... MIKA!!!!!!!!! His shins are probably black-and-blue from where he has been kicking himself for months, and I bet he's rially p****d off that he is not part of the new Mikamania that is sweeping the nation. However, I for one am glad that that control freak with delusions of godhood, didn't get his hands on the career of our Mika. Mika had a lucky escape.

But since I found out Cowell had rejected Mika, I can no longer take Simon Cowell seriously. The guy wouldn't recognise talent if it bit him onn the butt.

Oh... it already has!

Love today, from Marilyn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that too. I think it would have been quite amusing if Mika had turned up and auditioned inperson..... SImon Cowell's face would have been a picture!

I think X Factor is repeated on ITV2 at some point...

ok thanks :wink2:

I think it's on this evening at 7.00 pm on ITV2

It's me again, Marilyn. When I started this thread I didn't notice someone had already started one. Appologies for that! I'm new to forums and to computers really, so I get a bit confused. Never mind. I'd appreciate any advice about things like private messages and how to go about it, etc. I hope to make lots of Mikatastic friends and have a Mikaterriffic time, even though I am 53 years old. Anyway, Mika rules forever, and Simon Sucks forever!! Love today from Marilyn

It's me again, Marilyn. When I started this thread I didn't notice someone had already started one. Appologies for that! I'm new to forums and to computers really, so I get a bit confused. Never mind. I'd appreciate any advice about things like private messages and how to go about it, etc. I hope to make lots of Mikatastic friends and have a Mikaterriffic time, even though I am 53 years old. Anyway, Mika rules forever, and Simon Sucks forever!! Love today from Marilyn

Hi Marilyn...welcome to MFC! I was new to forums when i came here, but it's really friendly and you'll make some good friends. Why don't you pop over to the Oldlings thread and say 'hello'. That's where I spend most of my time and our ages range from 33 upwards. There's a lovely mix or people that are regular posters there and you'll be made to feel very welcome (if not, let me know and I'll sort 'em out!)

Maybe see you in the Oldlings:punk:

the guy posted a comment on Mika's MySpace:

24 Sep 2007 15:32

Hey guys!

Names Charlie - I sailed through to the X Factor Bootcamp by Singing Mika's Number one hit - Grace Kelly!

So if it wasn't for Mika I might not have got through! Cheers Mika!

Watch me next weekend at Bootcamp where i'll be singing I Feel Good - James Brown.

Many Thanks,

Charlie x

head over to http://www.myspace.com/mikamyspace to see it yourself

OR

go to: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=183470868 to view the guy's myspace!

the guy posted a comment on Mika's MySpace:

24 Sep 2007 15:32

Hey guys!

Names Charlie - I sailed through to the X Factor Bootcamp by Singing Mika's Number one hit - Grace Kelly!

So if it wasn't for Mika I might not have got through! Cheers Mika!

Watch me next weekend at Bootcamp where i'll be singing I Feel Good - James Brown.

Many Thanks,

Charlie x

head over to http://www.myspace.com/mikamyspace to see it yourself

OR

go to: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=183470868 to view the guy's myspace!

Thanks for that Caz! Maybe he'll join our little corner of insanity here at the MFC! :wink2:

I'm a fan of anyone that can sock it to Cowell. :roftl:

hahahaha xDDD

to be fair, i think Simon is right most of the time. He is honest about his own opinion. True he's turned down a fair few people that are stars now including our Mika, but something good always comes out of something bad. Do you think Mika would have had the freedom like he did when he created the first album? Exactly. Mika's first single would probably have been Unchained Melody if Cowell had taken him on board and so it was meant to be. Simon turned him down because Mika is too different for him :)

hahahaha xDDD

to be fair, i think Simon is right most of the time. He is honest about his own opinion. True he's turned down a fair few people that are stars now including our Mika, but something good always comes out of something bad. Do you think Mika would have had the freedom like he did when he created the first album? Exactly. Mika's first single would probably have been Unchained Melody if Cowell had taken him on board and so it was meant to be. Simon turned him down because Mika is too different for him :)

You are very right. I completely agree. And when I watched American Idol, I used to agree with him a lot of the time. :blink:

We really should be thanking Simon for not liking Mika...I can only imagine what Mika would be like if Simon had tried to control him...I don't like to think about it! And Mika singing Unchained Melody? :roftl: LMAO that seriously made me laugh out loud!

You are very right. I completely agree. And when I watched American Idol, I used to agree with him a lot of the time. :blink:

We really should be thanking Simon for not liking Mika...I can only imagine what Mika would be like if Simon had tried to control him...I don't like to think about it! And Mika singing Unchained Melody? :roftl: LMAO that seriously made me laugh out loud!

LMAO it's true!!! Could you imagine Mika in a tidy suit, WITHOUT the curls (probably because they would be too different as well), serious look on his face singing into an old fashioned microphone...black and white....white smoke....and Mika going:

And TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME goooooes BYYYYYYY so SLOWLLLYYYYYY.....and tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime can do soooo MUCH! Are yooooooooooooou still MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE?!?!?!?!?! I-I-I-I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeed YOUR LOOOOOVE!!!

hahaha at least he'd be able to sing the high note xD

LMAO it's true!!! Could you imagine Mika in a tidy suit, WITHOUT the curls (probably because they would be too different as well), serious look on his face singing into an old fashioned microphone...black and white....white smoke....and Mika going:

And TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME goooooes BYYYYYYY so SLOWLLLYYYYYY.....and tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime can do soooo MUCH! Are yooooooooooooou still MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE?!?!?!?!?! I-I-I-I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeed YOUR LOOOOOVE!!!

hahaha at least he'd be able to sing the high note xD

I'm sure it would sound beautiful, since it IS Mika! But that would just be so odd! :roftl:

I don't think Simon has had anything to say about Mika, but Simon rejected him, that's bad enough, expecially from someone who has no talent of his own, except the ability to roll his eyes (we can all do that though) But like I said before, it was a good thing in a way that Simon didn't sign him up. Mika's uniqueness and his genius would have been stifled by Simon, and he woiuldn't be the Mika we have today.

I don't think Simon has had anything to say about Mika, but Simon rejected him, that's bad enough, expecially from someone who has no talent of his own, except the ability to roll his eyes (we can all do that though) But like I said before, it was a good thing in a way that Simon didn't sign him up. Mika's uniqueness and his genius would have been stifled by Simon, and he woiuldn't be the Mika we have today.

yes, but you don't have to have talent to recognise talent.

A lot of us on here aren't singers and we all have different opinions on who are good singers and who aren't. Simon just shares his - whether we agree with them or not is irrelevant.

Btw - he's read my message (i clicked on "sent" and it said "status: read") but he hasn't replied. has he signed up? is he reading this now? has he completely disregarded my message? who knows :boxed:

yes, but you don't have to have talent to recognise talent.

A lot of us on here aren't singers and we all have different opinions on who are good singers and who aren't. Simon just shares his - whether we agree with them or not is irrelevant.

Btw - he's read my message (i clicked on "sent" and it said "status: read") but he hasn't replied. has he signed up? is he reading this now? has he completely disregarded my message? who knows :boxed:

:naughty: I hate that Sent/Read thing...it can make you paranoid if you're not careful!! I'd rather it just never showed up as Read! :naughty:

I bet he is lurking somewhere :naughty: wondering whether to post and get embroiled in the Simon Cowell debate, seeing as he really has to keep on his good side for a while yet! Especially if he gets into Simon's boot camp!

I agree with you about Cowell - I don't really like his personality BUT he is almost always right when it comes to who can sing and who can't, and I admire his honesty and the way he is never sycophantic or sentimental. And he did say Mika had a 'unique voice', was it? Well he got that right.

But he worked with the Teletubbies :roftl: I can't take that seriously when push comes to shove!