FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what are fanfics???:blink:

sorry freddie!!!A little bit of patient with me!!:biggrin2:

Fanfics are fanfictions. I'm used to fanfics in the tv series world, and they are fictions (stories), written by fans using the same characters of a particular tv show, making up stories, plots and so on but respecting the the main features of the characters, sets etc.

I've never read Mika fanfics, but I suppose they're stories made up by fans, with Mika as the protagonist..:wink2:

Actually I think they're good, as long as they're respectful to who/what Mika and other "characters" are. The stories could be funny, touching, whatever but they should be on a certain level.

Fanfics are fanfictions. I'm used to fanfics in the tv series world, and they are fictions (stories), written by fans using the same characters of a particular tv show, making up stories, plots and so on but respecting the the main features of the characters, sets etc.

I've never read Mika fanfics, but I suppose they're stories made up by fans, with Mika as the protagonist..:wink2:

Actually I think they're good, as long as they're respectful to who/what Mika and other "characters" are. The stories could be funny, touching, whatever but they should be on a certain level.

Thanks for your comments :thumb_yello:

*feels guilty*

I guess it depends on the fanfic. Blatantly chickeny ones are discouraged, but others are quite interesting (hence me being drawn into the world of ppr)

It depends on how they portray Mika I guess, I mean, in ours his just another character out of many, and as a rule we try and respect everyone we use

*feels guilty*

I guess it depends on the fanfic. Blatantly chickeny ones are discouraged, but others are quite interesting (hence me being drawn into the world of ppr)

It depends on how they portray Mika I guess, I mean, in ours his just another character out of many, and as a rule we try and respect everyone we use

Hey dont feel guilty , Im not saying its good or bad .. we just need input before saying yes they are fine or no they are not .. :thumb_yello:

Hey dont feel guilty , Im not saying its good or bad .. we just need input before saying yes they are fine or no they are not .. :thumb_yello:

Ok, thank you and I completely understand

By the way, if anybody wants to look at on of the said fanfics... the PPR thread (pink pony riders) is basically a continuing one.

I like fanfiction. I like to read it and write it, BUT I'm not sure if it would be such a good idea to allow it in mass quantities over the forum. There are some things that I feel would be fine to write about, such as something silly, sweet, maybe a fiction story about meeting Mika, etc, however, when it comes to sexual fanfiction, that's another thing. I, personally, don't mind reading them (:naughty:) HOWEVER, if Mika were to read it, I'm more than sure that he would be a little uncomfortable. While the person writing the fics and the person reading them just enjoy the entire thing, it's also important to think about what Mika would feel if he read them. I know that if I were to find fanfiction written about me doing things that I may or may not take part in, and things that I may not be comfortable with, I would be very nervous about it. It would feel like an invasion of privacy and sort of like I was violated.

I'm not claiming to be innocent in the whole thing, because there has been a time or two where I have gotten caught up in reading someone's fic and I, of course, wanted to read more, but when it comes down to it, it's all about putting yourself in Mika's shoes and thinking about what he would feel if he were to read something like that. He's no different than any of us as far as being a human being goes, and humans need to be respected. You wouldn't write fanfiction about someone that you know in real life and post it on a public forum where they would have a chance to read it.

I, personally, like fanfiction. I like to read it and write it, BUT I'm not sure if it would be such a good idea to allow it in mass quantities over the forum. There are some things that I feel would be fine to write about, such as something silly, sweet, maybe a fiction story about meeting Mika, etc, however, when it comes to sexual fanfiction, that's another thing. I personally, don't mind reading them (:naughty:) HOWEVER, if Mika were to read it, I'm more than sure that he would be a little uncomfortable. While the person writing the fics and the person reading them just enjoy the entire thing, it's also important to think about what Mika would feel if he read them. I know that if I were to find fanfiction written about me doing things that I may or may not take part in, and things that I may not be comfortable with, I would be very nervous about it. It would feel like an invasion of privacy and sort of like I was violated.

I'm not claiming to be innocent in the whole thing, because there has been a time or two where I have gotten caught up in reading someone's fic and I, of course, wanted to read more, but when it comes down to it, it's all about putting yourself in Mika's shoes and thinking about what he would feel if he were to read something like that. He's no different than any of us as far as being a human being goes, and humans need to be respected. You wouldn't write fanfiction about someone that you know in real life and post it on a public forum where they would have a chance to read it.

Nice input and exactly the reason why it was originally agreed not to have them

I would be very sad if fanfics were to completely take over the forum (like a new thread for each story and so) as I don't at all like to read those long and often somewhat erotic stories that are usually what people call fanfic, but I think it's hard to judge when something is considered fanfic or not...was the diary fanfic? which of the random stories are fanfic? is it fanfic when we include Mika in a fictive situation as a joke in a random thread? Don't think it can or should be completely banned here, just think it should be somewhat restricted, so we who don't enjoy these stories can easily avoid them :mf_rosetinted:

I would be very sad if fanfics were to completely take over the forum (like a new thread for each story and so) as I don't at all like to read those long and often somewhat erotic stories that are usually what people call fanfic, but I think it's hard to judge when something is considered fanfic or not...was the diary fanfic? which of the random stories are fanfic? is it fanfic when we include Mika in a fictive situation as a joke in a random thread? Don't think it can or should be completely banned here, just think it should be somewhat restricted, so we who don't enjoy these stories can easily avoid them :mf_rosetinted:

Yes agree as well ... :thumb_yello:

Well said !!!!:mf_rosetinted:

Hannah described everything beautifully and I couldn't agree more.

I know the Girls Thread doesn't have a particularly good reputation but there was a time when we were into fanfictions to....fictional stories created by fans as we discovered earlier. However, we never, never posted them publically, we PM'd them to eachother. We know Mika reads this forum and we would feel extremely uncomfortable if he read them...in fact I would be ashamed. While we were never serious about it, it was all a laugh, I still wouldn't post it for all the world to see. I would find it embarrassing, therefore everything was sent to people we trusted.

I think everyone knows by now that people talk to certain people more...i.e a sort of clique on the forum. I think there a few. I discovered that in the Girl's Thread it's easy to forget you're on a public forum. As Freddie has seen, we have found it very easy to talk about certain topics and often get carried away, forgetting the people actually lurk on that thread without posting, and therefore we could be offending people without realising. I believe that certain threads COULD have been created for just a certain clique, thinking that maybe other people wouldn't be interested and would leave the thread alone? I don't know, but it is easily done.

Not all fanfics are erotic. There are a variety. They're just like novels; actions/crime/horror/comedy/romantic etc...but people tend to write erotic fanfics more because they're taking off characters in a certain book/series/film where no sexual description is given and is just left to the imagination. Some people enjoy reading them but some people don't. People could argue that if people don't like reading them then they should them alone, what's the fuss, but the fact is strangers could come onto this forum and see a whole bunch of fanfics - clean and/or erotic - and God knows what they would think. They probably would think it's more of a fanfic forum than a Mika forum :naughty:

If fanfics WERE allowed to be placed on here I think they should be created in the Chinwag section. They may well be about Mika but I don't think it's the right sort of conversation. When I first joined here the only places I looked in were the News and Chat About Mika section...I didn't feel "blended" enough to chat amongst the other MFCers because I was new, and so stayed out of it. I'm not saying that's how all newbies feel...

anyway. i'm rambling now...you get the picture.

If fanfics WERE allowed to be placed on here I think they should be created in the Chinwag section. They may well be about Mika but I don't think it's the right sort of conversation. When I first joined here the only places I looked in were the News and Chat About Mika section...I didn't feel "blended" enough to chat amongst the other MFCers because I was new, and so stayed out of it. I'm not saying that's how all newbies feel...

anyway. i'm rambling now...you get the picture.

I agree with this, and only just noticed that the PPR thread is in the chat about Mika section (I normally access threads by new posts)

I think (if the others agree) that it should be moved into general chin wagging.

I agree with this, and only just noticed that the PPR thread is in the chat about Mika section (I normally access threads by new posts)

I think (if the others agree) that it should be moved into general chin wagging.

i've never even been in that thread lol xD

But let's imagine a newbies experience is similar to mine. If they saw fanfics in the C-A-M section I'd think it would seem...I don't know....forward. Maybe a bit hardcore for a newbie to handle lol. If it was "hidden" in the chinwag section (for some reason i always this section as a bit more private than the others, don't ask why) then people could join in it if they were ready. maybe. kind of. If they wanted to.

:boxed:

i've never even been in that thread lol xD

But let's imagine a newbies experience is similar to mine. If they saw fanfics in the C-A-M section I'd think it would seem...I don't know....forward. Maybe a bit hardcore for a newbie to handle lol. If it was "hidden" in the chinwag section (for some reason i always this section as a bit more private than the others, don't ask why) then people could join in it if they were ready. maybe. kind of. If they wanted to.

:boxed:

A lot of people haven't, but its one of those fanfics Freddie mentioned.

And I agree. When I first lurked, I would read the chat about Mika, or the News, (or the members only, when it became accessible so anyone could see). The chinwagging I steered clear of.