Does Mika Perm His Hair?

DS Nightly

I think he does! :biggrin2: Can anyone confirm? I've seen pics/vids of him with straight hair...honestly, i wouldn't mind if he kept it like that for a while....even though his curls are very distinctive, it'd be a different style, you know? LOL...yeah, this is a pretty random question. But what the hey...I've seen weirder threads on this board. :cool:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure that he perms it, per se - that's pretty '80s! :naughty:

However, I think he does have some natural curls which are "enhanced" at times. I know there's one pic of someone holding a curling iron to his head. I don't have it, but I bet someone else does! His hair also seems straighter when it's wet (e.g, when he's sweating under hot stage lights).

Nah its not a perm.

God! Imagine Mica with Alan Davies style hair ha ha.

No, its just curled and it goes through different stages of curl types due to things like weather, (as previously mentioned) sweating on stage, bouncing and the times between when he has it done.

Havent seen any pics with straight hair.

But if it was a perm, would it matter?

Maybe someone should ask him next time they see him. I for one, love the curls and i love it straight but i think for his performance style, the curls are very distinctive and keep him from looking like everyone else out there. Plus the curls to wonders for his face and his profile. :wink2:

Where exactly are these infamous straight haired pictures?

does this look straight?

mika904.jpg

i can't really tell :bleh:

Yeah that's about as straight as it gets. That's his post-show look. You see it in a couple of fan pics when he leaves the venue.

That pic is so not-Mikaish. The jeans, the straight hair, the argyle sweatervest. He looks positively preppy! I like it though :naughty:

I don't think that he perms his hair, because I've had one, and believe me, it does not look pretty. If his hair were permed, it would be a big poof ball around his head.

I think that his hair is probably typical of a lot of guys who grow their hair out. I have a friend who, when his hair is kept short, it is straight and is the typical "boy" haircut, thus the photo of a young Mika with short, straight hair, but when he grows it out to his ears, it gets curly. I don't think that Mika's hair is curly-Q naturally, but more soft and wavy. I think that how he appears at gigs is how his hair is naturally, but if he is going to be on television or at a photo-shoot, his hair has most likely been styled a bit and the curls made neater and more defined. I think that this is his natural hair:

f_1m_b891ed0.png

As for the straight pics, probably when he washes his hair, sweats a lot, brushes it out or goes out in humid weather it goes a bit flat. I love that photo posted above with the sweater-vest on. I think it looks great. His hair appears to be pulled back a bit. :)

I'm not so sure that he perms it, per se - that's pretty '80s! :naughty:

However, I think he does have some natural curls which are "enhanced" at times. I know there's one pic of someone holding a curling iron to his head. I don't have it, but I bet someone else does! His hair also seems straighter when it's wet (e.g, when he's sweating under hot stage lights).

I have naturally curly hair,

and I know if i'm sweating from dancing all night or something crazy, my hair goes pretty straight.

I have naturally curly hair,

and I know if i'm sweating from dancing all night or something crazy, my hair goes pretty straight.

Hehe, mine's the opposite. My hair is naturally kind of borderline wavy but I straighten it, and whenever I sweat, my hair gets spirally curly. :naughty: