daisylou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. I'm not that attracted to him...I think he wears a bit too much eyeliner a lot of the time...:naughty: But I do think he's bloody funny. I get that a lot of people think his sense of humour is crude and vulgar, but it makes me laugh so...that's why I like him :thumb_yello:

I don't really think he's that vulgar but then again, my fav comedian is Hans Teeuwen who talks about ermmm pleasuring himself over a picture of the queen and bumchickening her. (I tried to phrase this as cute and proper as possible. :naughty: )

I get that a lot of people think his sense of humour is crude and vulgar, but it makes me laugh so...that's why I like him :thumb_yello:

Same Here :thumb_yello:

People always ask me why I watch so much of his stuff so I normally end up yelling at them "Because He's FUNNY!... And has awesome hair" :naughty:

Same Here :thumb_yello:

People always ask me why I watch so much of his stuff so I normally end up yelling at them "Because He's FUNNY!... And has awesome hair" :naughty:

His sense of humour fits mine perfectly...any mention of ****ing and I won't stop laughing for the next half hour...:rolls_eyes: :naughty:

EDIT: W@nk is a censored word?! Ahahahahaha...

:roftl:

C'mon, he just wouldn't be the same without the hair!

Jonathan Ross said he's like a "sexy scarecrow". So true. So very very true.

And theres me Lissa thinking you was my partner in crime in the men stakes!! LMAO Well i won't be fighting you over the (not so) sexy scarecrow!! LOL

Does he really? What about?

It's meant to be kinda philosophical, his views on different topics and such. I think he's behind schedule though cos we still don't have any title :naughty:

Hey, sorry to barge in on your love fest fro Russell BUT what is it that makes him attractive because i reallly cannot see it and i'd like somebody to shed some light on it, i also find him quite vulgar too (well he was on BBBM) You might find the guys i like a little "minging" so i'm not wanting to start a hot debate or anything i just want to know...well..WHY??? LOL

He's a sexy wild man innit? :naughty:

God I don't know where to start, just everything about him is so attractive!

He's absolutely hilarious IMO and makes me laugh to no end, yes his sense of humour can be a bit crude and controversial at times,but it's so different and I think that's why people love it! I think some people still associate him with BBBM, and that's why they think he's annoying, cos a lot of people just hate Big Brother and anything to do with it, though I'm not sure, I mean I can't empathise with these people :naughty:

He's also really intellectual, and has such a way with words. He comes out with some really deep stuff that really makes you think. I just love how he can go from talking about w@nking to making us question the meaning of our existence with the snap of a finger!

Not to mention, he's bloody gorgeous! He's so tall and handsome,just look at that jawline, those eyes, the hair :mf_lustslow: and I just love his style!

I think it's because he loves talking about sex that really makes us want him too, or is that just me? :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

I could really go on about what a great man he is but I'll just leave it at why I fancy him :naughty:

Your post made me giggle.

Anyhoo I shall explain what it is I find attractive!

Firstly, his teeth. I have a thing for teeth, it's completely strange and random but I like teeth like other people like eyes for instance.

So he has great teeth, that's one.

The way he carries himself. He seems confident and vulnerable at the same times.

I also have a thing for long haired, dirty men.

I could go on but I won't.

I don´t need to say more because you adressed my thoughts exactly.

I love you :wub2:

And he seems so vulnerable under all the confidence shell. He´s a complex man, who went thru tons of sh!t during his life and he had the strength to change and save his life. He´s an enigma to me! He´s more than he shows and i love that.

I don´t think he´s vulgar for being vulgar. There´s more under the easy jokes (which are not that easy after all!)

He makes me laugh non stop and with his personality complexity, i think he´s perfect.

Dirty in personality AND looks.

Oh yeeeeeh!

And he looks dirty but i bet he smells delicious (that was so fangurlish xDD). And i like men with dirty personality

It's meant to be kinda philosophical, his views on different topics and such. I think he's behind schedule though cos we still don't have any title

He's a sexy wild man innit?

God I don't know where to start, just everything about him is so attractive!

He's absolutely hilarious IMO and makes me laugh to no end, yes his sense of humour can be a bit crude and controversial at times,but it's so different and I think that's why people love it! I think some people still associate him with BBBM, and that's why they think he's annoying, cos a lot of people just hate Big Brother and anything to do with it, though I'm not sure, I mean I can't empathise with these people

He's also really intellectual, and has such a way with words. He comes out with some really deep stuff that really makes you think. I just love how he can go from talking about w@nking to making us question the meaning of our existence with the snap of a finger!

Not to mention, he's bloody gorgeous! He's so tall and handsome,just look at that jawline, those eyes, the hair :mf_lustslow: and I just love his style!

I think it's because he loves talking about sex that really makes us want him too, or is that just me?

I could really go on about what a great man he is but I'll just leave it at why I fancy him :naughty:

:bow: :bow:

Btw, your sig quote, I love it :wub2:

The funny thing is, I used to have that quote in my sig before as well, aages ago! :bleh:and when I had it tantastic told me she used to have it in her sig before too! :roftl:

There's definitely something about it... :bleh:

you know.. just found out.. that it was James Dean's favourite quote from that book, too... :wub2::wub2::wub2:

and it's written on his tomb (sculpture).

Oh yeeeeeh!

And he looks dirty but i bet he smells delicious (that was so fangurlish xDD). And i like men with dirty personality

:bow: :bow:

I was just reading something the other day from someone who met him and she said he smelled amazing!! I am so excited to watch the VMA's with him hosting!!! :] I'm so glad he's come over to america!

Lucky americans..:sneaky:

*cries in a corner*

AHA!!! the lack of Mika in America is partly made up for with Russell!!!

I know when I saw him on Jay Leno, I was just like who is this character here?

I think it's that naughty twinkle in his eye and his smile that beguiles me.

I explained him once by saying I'd like to pull him into a corner and then slap him when it's over. :roftl::roftl:

And I bring gifts, new Entertainment Weekly Article

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20222087,00.html

Television News

Anarchy From the UK

Meet Russell Brand -- After making a splash in ''Forgetting Sarah Marshall,'' the British stand-up is set to host the MTV Video Music Awards

Buzz up!More By Christine Spines Christine Spines

There are few taboos or transgressions that still pack the power to raise eyebrows in Hollywood these days. If you're talented enough, no past is too sordid to spoil your chances for success. (Just ask Robert Downey Jr.) And then there's Russell Brand, a British stand-up comedian with an act so raunchy and debauched, he threatens to put that free-to-be-you-and-me tolerance to the test. Take, for instance, his recent encounter with Britney Spears, which stirred a YouTube sensation. In a teaser for the madcap mayhem Brand hopes to inflict as the host of the MTV Video Music Awards on Sept. 7, the gangly goth did the unimaginable and didn't ask her about her disastrous performance on last year's show. Instead, he fawned over the fallen angel of pop, asking Britney to pinch him harder (''You won't hurt me, darling, I like it!''), while ignoring the fact that there was literally a 900-pound elephant in the room. It was a sweet and oddly authentic 50-second interaction culled from a shoot full of exchanges so lewd and filthy they'll never see the light of day. ''I just wanted to cuddle Britney and say, come here, you silly girl,'' recalls Brand, best known here for his role as the girlfriend snatcher in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. ''I don't like to let moments pass squandered when I have the opportunity to graffiti across time.''

Grandiose? Absolutely. But Brand is dead serious about seizing the moment to make his mark on Hollywood. After two stops in rehab for sex and heroin addiction, Brand has channeled his demons into a larger-than-life rock-star persona that's made him England's comic provocateur of the moment, with sold-out stand-up routines, an MTV talk show, a weekly radio gig, and a best-selling autobiography. Now, five years sober, the 33-year-old libertine is hoping his stint on the VMAs will set him up to follow fellow British comics Ricky Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen, and conquer audiences across the pond. ''I'm pretty excited about it. I think MTV is quite keen for the show to be risky,'' says Brand, seated in a leafy hotel courtyard looking like an Edward Gorey sketch come to life (though one with black pants so tight they're a crime against circulation). ''I think perhaps, semantically, we should look into the definition of what I consider to be risky and what they do.''

Even on his best behavior, Brand brings the kind of combustibility that made last year's show such a phenomenon (witness Britney's meltdown and Kid Rock and Tommy Lee's throwdown). Otherwise, why pick someone virtually unknown to American audiences? ''There were more obvious choices, but Russell brings that mysterious and dangerous element, and that really worked for us last year,'' says Van Toffler, president of MTV Networks. Comedy insiders are already buzzing about Brand: ''The day that we announced it, Chris Rock sent me an e-mail saying it was a brilliant choice,'' Toffler says.

That warm embrace by Hollywood's comedy fraternity is somewhat surprising. Lately, American humor has become driven almost entirely by a single archetype — the schlubby neurotic who can't get laid to save his life. Brand, on the other hand, has fashioned himself as a Jagger-esque superstud. And even the most famous of man-boys, Judd Apatow, can't say no. When Brand showed up to his audition for Sarah Marshall saying he had only taken ''a cursory glance at the script,'' the producers weren't put off. Instead they rewrote the part, originally scripted as a bookish writer type, based on Brand himself. ''I would hear things about Russell's effect on women and think, That never happened to me as a comedian,'' says Apatow, who is now producing a spin-off titled Get Him to the Greek based on Aldous Snow, the rakish rock star Brand played in Marshall. ''My bread and butter is 40 Year-Old Virgin. I don't understand Russell's world. But he's funny, charismatic, and completely irresistible.''

Sure enough, an afternoon spent with Brand is nothing if not entertaining. One minute, he's proclaiming the joys of casual sex — ''Bloody hell, what else are you going to indulge in?'' — and the next, he's referencing a swami who taught him how to love himself.

Sample exchange:

EW: Are you religious?

RB: I certainly am!

EW: How so?

RB: I think I'm Jesus.

But unlike most funnymen, Brand seems as much at ease discussing the sad clown inside. ''I think the things that made me feel vulnerable and weak as an adolescent needn't be impediments,'' he says. As a young man, the only child of a doting single mom who battled cancer, he struggled with bulimia before discovering other ways to escape himself, both self-destructive (heroin) and healthy (acting). ''I did a school play when I was 15,'' he recalls. ''My life before had been about the management of pain, had suddenly become about the possibility for change. That's the point where I went, 'Oh, thank f---ing God there's something to live for.'''

Brand scored a scholarship to the prestigious Drama Centre London, alma mater of Paul Bettany and Pierce Brosnan, but got kicked out a week shy of graduation for destroying school property. Ten years of drug abuse and many arrests later, he landed a gig as a VJ on British MTV, and then, on Sept. 12, 2001, showed up to work dressed as Osama bin Laden. He was fired. ''Put bluntly, it was a very stupid thing to do and I put it under what I call the 'drug-brella' — stuff I did while on drugs,'' says Brand, who didn't clean up until a year later, when his longtime manager forced him into rehab. ''I went in thinking it was just temporary and that I'd just get clean until I can get my career going again. But once there I realized that I'm powerless when I'm doing drugs and that they'll completely destroy my life if I do them again.''

Brand spent the next five years rebuilding. He turned bottom-feeder gigs, like hosting a Big Brother commentary show, into cult hits, and in 2006 got MTV to rehire him. And then, sparked by his treatment for sex addiction and a 2006 romance with Kate Moss, he became an object of obsession for the U.K. tabloids. ''After I went out with [Moss] I was this sensational creature to people,'' says Brand, who clearly didn't mind. ''From then on I was able to deliver. This journey has given me hours of material.'' The recovering addict has even charmed his way into a Disney family comedy opposite Adam Sandler in Bedtime Stories, slated for December. Brand is aware that he's not exactly made for mainstream America, but he offers up a typically high-minded explanation for why he'll succeed. ''If our DNA is 60 percent identical to an earthworm and 99 percent identical to a chimpanzee, what differences can there really be between human beings?'' he says with a shrug. ''And perceived from Mars, aliens won't be going, 'That one's done well for himself,' or 'Look at that one's hair.'''

If all goes according to plan, it won't just be aliens marveling at Brand's success — or his signature tumbleweed coif. ''I'm constantly distracted by my ambition, narcissism, vanity, desire, lust,'' deadpans Brand. ''I don't pretend to enjoy anonymity.'' Something tells us he won't have to endure it much longer.

you know.. just found out.. that it was James Dean's favourite quote from that book, too...

and it's written on his tomb (sculpture).

Realllyyy? :wub2:

I was just reading something the other day from someone who met him and she said he smelled amazing!! I am so excited to watch the VMA's with him hosting!!! :] I'm so glad he's come over to america!

I heard people say that he just smells nice and fresh :blush-anim-cl: and of hairspray :roftl: I didn't even get the chance to smell him when I met him, but that is now added to my list of things I want to do to him. :fisch::naughty:

AHA!!! the lack of Mika in America is partly made up for with Russell!!!

I know when I saw him on Jay Leno, I was just like who is this character here?

I think it's that naughty twinkle in his eye and his smile that beguiles me.

I explained him once by saying I'd like to pull him into a corner and then slap him when it's over.

:roftl::thumb_yello:

Russell is to be a guest tonight on Jay Leno (9/2/08) and he's on Jimmy Kimmel tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! (9/3/08)

and Craig Ferguson friday (9/5/08)

Oh wow! I really can't keep up with him! He's so busy, I don't know how he manages to fit everything in! and he'll be in even bigger demand after the VMA's, bless him, he deserves another holiday :bleh: