Angry With Mika >(

rosedewitt

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't be arsed to write paragraphs and paragraphs, so im gna bullet point.

summer 07

- newspapers always reported EITHER:

ENT (ears, nose and throat infection)

one even posted he had PNEUMONIA

in conclusion: the media can, and often, get it wrong

- Mika cancelled a hefty amount of festivals - to which most of us are still unsure why - but still carried on doing his actual gigs. This itself was confusing. The cancellations were often last minute, meaning fans couldn't even get their money back (i dont think you can get money back at festivals anyway) or sell them to others who wanted to go, regardless whether Mika performed or not.

Now

- i understand what you're saying about laryngitis. If it is true then he should not perform, but in recent videos Mika does not appear to be in any pain at all. Not to say that he isn't, but if it was something like laryngitis I think Mika would have taken it more seriously. We mustn't forget that Mika is a trained opera singer; he should know about his throat, vocal chords, what they do, how they function, what they need and what they don't and more, inside out and back to front. I know in a video Mika DID say that his doctor should cancel some gigs and I guess Doctors know best logically, but Mika knows his own body - at least I hope so - so I am hoping that he:

a) knows what he's doing and

b) knows his limit.

Still not the point, I know.

This is his schedule:

6 Nov 2007 20:00

Copenhagen Vega Copenhagen

7 Nov 2007 20:00

Oslo Sentrum Scene Oslo

ONE DAY OFF

9 Nov 2007 20:00

Stockholm Annexe Stockholm

ONE DAY OFF

11 Nov 2007 20:00

Amsterdam Heineken Amsterdam

12 Nov 2007 20:00

Luxembourg Rock Hall Luxembourg

13 Nov 2007 20:00

Brussels Forest National Brussels

THREE DAYS OFF

17 Nov 2007 20:00

Glasgow Academy (SOLD OUT) Glasgow

ONE DAY OFF

19 Nov 2007 20:00

Manchester Apollo Manchester, Northwest

TWO DAYS OFF

22 Nov 2007 20:00

Birmingham Academy Birmingham, Midlands

ONE DAY OFF

24 Nov 2007 20:00

Doncaster Dome (SOLD OUT) Doncaster

ONE DAY OFF

26 Nov 2007 20:00

Newcastle Academy Newcastle, Northeast

ONE DAY OFF

28 Nov 2007 20:00

Bournemouth BIC (SOLD OUT) Bournemouth

29 Nov 2007 20:00

Plymouth Pavillions (SOLD OUT) Plymouth

30 Nov 2007 20:00

Brighton Centre (SOLD OUT) Brighton

ONE DAY OFF

2 Dec 2007 20:00

London Brixton Academy (SOLD OUT) London

3 Dec 2007 20:00

London Hammersmith Apollo (SOLD OUT) London

4 Dec 2007

as you can see, Mika has quite a few breaks to rest his voice. His schedule is nowhere NEAR as bad last time so hopefully this will help prevent his voice from breaking down. I don't know a lot about laryngitis I must admit, but so long as he warms up and sings correctly they shouldn't do **too** much damage should it?

I shouldn't really stick up for him. Laryngitis or sore throat he shouldn't really sing and yeah, should know better. I'm just trying to make it seem not as bad...because if it WAS laryngitits surely he'd take the doctors warning more seriously? His speaking and singing voice sounded okay in those recent videos...

hah. so much for bullet points.

If a singer has vocal problems, they should go on COMPLETE vocal rest until their voice is 100 percent. Mika should be well aware of this, since he studied classically for years. I know, it's hard to cancel all gigs, but taking 1-3 days off every 4 days is just not enough. He needs take a month (preferably more) to go on complete vocal rest, or it will effect him in the long run. I understand it would be near impossible to do this now, since he has so many gigs to do, but this should happen soon. Polyps, nodules, and other vocal problems are NOT fun.

Polyps, nodules, and other vocal problems are NOT fun.

they can't all be fixed either. That's why Bonnie Tyler has got that croakiness - she had nodules before her singing career. Well, she had nodules at one point anyway.

Mika is not a dumbass. He is smart. He has been a singer for YEARS, has worked with opera singers, drinks Ribena mixed with water during gigs, doesn't speak before gigs to preserve his voice. He examines his boogers. He knows ALL about the voice-health business.

I'm aware that sometimes he probably pushes himself too much for his health, but he is not a child. He knows when he is too bad off to perform. I hardly think that he would risk his career by doing something that he isn't 100 percent sure of. :thumb_yello: He can't be too bad off. I had laryngitis years ago and lost my voice completely. Richard said that he is loads better.

I just think he feels a lot of pressure after the summer festivals desaster and wants to avoid people getting mad and rambling for ages this time.

So I think it is not him to be blamed if he keeps on giving everything he has.

When I realized how sick he must have felt on Friday I actually felt the pain each time he touched his throat. It was not very nice to see. The more remarkable his performance. He shone, really. He was brilliant and he spread so much energy and joy that I was wondering if there could be anything left after the show.

He really shouldn't sing with such an infection, I totally agree on that. But he is well aware of what will probably happen (again) if any show is cancelled due to illness. So whose approach is it, that can make a difference? Mika's, his management's or the fans'?

i can't be arsed to write paragraphs and paragraphs, so im gna bullet point.

summer 07

- newspapers always reported EITHER:

ENT (ears, nose and throat infection)

one even posted he had PNEUMONIA

in conclusion: the media can, and often, get it wrong

- Mika cancelled a hefty amount of festivals - to which most of us are still unsure why - but still carried on doing his actual gigs. This itself was confusing. The cancellations were often last minute, meaning fans couldn't even get their money back (i dont think you can get money back at festivals anyway) or sell them to others who wanted to go, regardless whether Mika performed or not.

Now

- i understand what you're saying about laryngitis. If it is true then he should not perform, but in recent videos Mika does not appear to be in any pain at all. Not to say that he isn't, but if it was something like laryngitis I think Mika would have taken it more seriously. We mustn't forget that Mika is a trained opera singer; he should know about his throat, vocal chords, what they do, how they function, what they need and what they don't and more, inside out and back to front. I know in a video Mika DID say that his doctor should cancel some gigs and I guess Doctors know best logically, but Mika knows his own body - at least I hope so - so I am hoping that he:

a) knows what he's doing and

b) knows his limit.

Still not the point, I know.

This is his schedule:

6 Nov 2007 20:00

Copenhagen Vega Copenhagen

7 Nov 2007 20:00

Oslo Sentrum Scene Oslo

ONE DAY OFF

9 Nov 2007 20:00

Stockholm Annexe Stockholm

ONE DAY OFF

11 Nov 2007 20:00

Amsterdam Heineken Amsterdam

12 Nov 2007 20:00

Luxembourg Rock Hall Luxembourg

13 Nov 2007 20:00

Brussels Forest National Brussels

THREE DAYS OFF

17 Nov 2007 20:00

Glasgow Academy (SOLD OUT) Glasgow

ONE DAY OFF

19 Nov 2007 20:00

20 Nov 2007 20:00

ONE DAY OFF

22 Nov 2007 20:00

Birmingham Academy Birmingham, Midlands

23 Nov 2007 20:00

Birmingham Adademy Birmingham, Midlands

24 Nov 2007 20:00 Doncaster Dome (SOLD OUT) Doncaster

ONE DAY OFF

26 Nov 2007 20:00

Newcastle Academy Newcastle, Northeast

ONE DAY OFF

28 Nov 2007 20:00

Bournemouth BIC (SOLD OUT) Bournemouth

29 Nov 2007 20:00

Plymouth Pavillions (SOLD OUT) Plymouth

30 Nov 2007 20:00

Brighton Centre (SOLD OUT) Brighton

ONE DAY OFF

2 Dec 2007 20:00

London Brixton Academy (SOLD OUT) London

3 Dec 2007 20:00

London Hammersmith Apollo (SOLD OUT) London

4 Dec 2007

as you can see, Mika has quite a few breaks to rest his voice. His schedule is nowhere NEAR as bad last time so hopefully this will help prevent his voice from breaking down. I don't know a lot about laryngitis I must admit, but so long as he warms up and sings correctly they shouldn't do **too** much damage should it?

I shouldn't really stick up for him. Laryngitis or sore throat he shouldn't really sing and yeah, should know better. I'm just trying to make it seem not as bad...because if it WAS laryngitits surely he'd take the doctors warning more seriously? His speaking and singing voice sounded okay in those recent videos...

hah. so much for bullet points.

Just to throw more angst into the pot I've updated his schedule! :blink:

It's everytning that's already been said by you....but with even more dates!!

What are we to do with him?? :sneaky2:

Mika is not a dumbass. He is smart. He has been a singer for YEARS, has worked with opera singers, drinks Ribena mixed with water during gigs, doesn't speak before gigs to preserve his voice. He examines his boogers. He knows ALL about the voice-health business.

:roftl: :roftl:

Haha!

I found that amusing...

and I agree with you...:wink2:

Just to throw more angst into the pot I've updated his schedule! :blink:

It's everytning that's already been said by you....but with even more dates!!

What are we to do with him?? :sneaky2:

I suggest we lock him up in my cellar until he is completely healthy:thumb_yello:

I don't find it all that cute how some like to speculate weather he is or not ill :thumbdown:

In summer it was obvious,I mean come on,take 5 mins to meditate and you would have come to the sane conclusion that he is exhausted .And the medical explenations he gave there were anyhow just a way to justify. You can't tell the festival manager "Yo dude,I need sleep,I'm dead! "

And may I add,He cancelled Festivals not Gigs! He never cancelled smth where he knew people are queuing for hour just to see him

If some of you would have wathced the vids with an open mind you would have also seen that he is bot giving his usual 350% when singing

He dosen't look like he's in pain?:annoyed_h4h: Wanna see me when I got migrenes? Not even my mother belives my head is hurting from how I look

He deffinitley is ill

In Frankfurt he was still talking and was happy,and by Munich he was trying not even to breath the cold air outside

So yes,he is ill,he is trying to protect his voice and most of all,you should love him for coming on stage and giving you an amazing show enventhough he's not ok!

I suggest we lock him up in my cellar until he is completely healthy:thumb_yello:

You have a cellar? :blink:

Before we entrust him into your care can you tell the panel what you recovery regime would be?? :wink2:

Oh, and how would you test to see if he was completely healthy?? :roftl:

you know there are two forms of larynigitus!!!!!!!!!

they are both treated diff.

mika has been singing for a long time so am sure that having problems like this is not new to him !!!!

plus he is a bright spark who is fully aware that his voice is of exterme importance !!!!!!

rant over ( am only ranting because i am in the process of doing 13 hour night shifts)

I don't find it all that cute how some like to speculate weather he is or not ill :thumbdown:

In summer it was obvious,I mean come on,take 5 mins to meditate and you would have come to the sane conclusion that he is exhausted .And the medical explenations he gave there were anyhow just a way to justify. You can't tell the festival manager "Yo dude,I need sleep,I'm dead! "

And may I add,He cancelled Festivals not Gigs! He never cancelled smth where he knew people are queuing for hour just to see him

If some of you would have wathced the vids with an open mind you would have also seen that he is bot giving his usual 350% when singing

He dosen't look like he's in pain?:annoyed_h4h: Wanna see me when I got migrenes? Not even my mother belives my head is hurting from how I look

He deffinitley is ill

In Frankfurt he was still talking and was happy,and by Munich he was trying not even to breath the cold air outside

So yes,he is ill,he is trying to protect his voice and most of all,you should love him for coming on stage and giving you an amazing show enventhough he's not ok!

Thank you. Really, I find it incredible, how people can blame him for beeing cheery on stage, giving everything he has to make thousands of people just feel good while he's feeling **** himself.

I have nothing but absolute total admiration for Mika, when he goes out and performs (not only to go through the motions, but to really put on a great show) when he is obviously ill and suffering with his throat. I think he is amazing, a true pro, just unbelievable. :wub2:

But, I hope he really does know what he's doing..yes he's clever and savvy and trained and everything but he's also super ambitious and eager to please. I hope he isn't permanently damaging his voice because he can't bear to let people down.

I would be devastated if he had to cancel the gig I'm going to - I have waited a looooong time for this :blink: but if it was a choice between him threatening his future career and me missing out, well there is no argument is there?

Please get well Mika and I hope your laryngitis is just transitory!

He deffinitley is ill

completely agree with u! :punk:

really dislike the topic about his illness

(no offence, i know u care so much of him, rosedewitt:wink2:)

i mean i hate when he get illness....then lead to any speculation :boxed:

if he's ok, why he would give up the chance to perform in front of 1 billion audience at world music award so as to protect his voice?

but he can't just cancel and let his fans down at his own gigs

i know he would handle as long as he can.......:no:

You have a cellar? :blink:

Before we entrust him into your care can you tell the panel what you recovery regime would be?? :wink2:

Oh, and how would you test to see if he was completely healthy?? :roftl:

Yes.

I will get him his own little bed with cute chickensheets and I will turn the heater on. I will come in every day to give him chickensoup and I'll read him bed time stories. I will make him fresh orange juice everyday.

I'll have to check that one:naughty:

OMG

i feel soooooooooooo sorry for him.

i had it a few months ago and i could hardly talk let alone sing, he must be realy realy pushing himself just to please his fans. it makes me feel guilty now.

but i adore him even more now (if thats posible). i've been thinking over it for ages and i still can't belive him:shocked: