Hello :) what a nice thread!

I'm straight, but i love gay guys....4 guys i crushed on hugely turned out to be gay. lol just my luck!!!

i don't personally have any gay friends, not much here, but via the net, i find gays to be tons of fun and i wish i had one :( and they aren't pigs like a lot of straight guys :no: why can't straight guys have a bit of gay guy's personality?!

I honestly don't see the big fuss. I agree with Fink...ach everywhere should legalize same sex marriages. i hate how some ppl treat gays...it's like love is love and you can't help who you like!

Hello :) what a nice thread!

I'm straight, but i love gay guys....4 guys i crushed on hugely turned out to be gay. lol just my luck!!!

i don't personally have any gay friends, not much here, but via the net, i find gays to be tons of fun and i wish i had one :( and they aren't pigs like a lot of straight guys :no: why can't straight guys have a bit of gay guy's personality?!

I honestly don't see the big fuss. I agree with Fink...ach everywhere should legalize same sex marriages. i hate how some ppl treat gays...it's like love is love and you can't help who you like!

KAVI!

:huglove: If I were gay, I'd kiss you. :roftl:

Haha, I've crushed on quite a few gays before. My sister's friend Joe, Hal Sparks plays a gay man on a tv show, a gay chraacter on a Canadian show...haha I h ave no luck. xD

Gay guys are lots of fun, though.

KAVI!

:huglove: If I were gay, I'd kiss you. :roftl:

Haha, I've crushed on quite a few gays before. My sister's friend Joe, Hal Sparks plays a gay man on a tv show, a gay chraacter on a Canadian show...haha I h ave no luck. xD

Gay guys are lots of fun, though.

:huglove: JESS :huglove:

:roftl: Me too haha! we're practically twins...hmm i think i'm gonnaput that in my siggie :naughty:

so how r things??? did u get mika's DVD? look how we're gonna stray far off the topic :roftl:

Actually, I can't say I really like gay people.

Because I don't really see a difference in them or straight people.

I mean... it's not like I love people more because of their orientation.

I've met gay people who were total bastards, and I've met straight people who were total bastards.

People are people are people. Some days, I just hate everyone equally.:naughty:

Me too haha! we're practically twins...hmm i think i'm gonnaput that in my siggie :naughty:

so how r things??? did u get mika's DVD? look how we're gonna stray far off the topic :roftl:

:biggrin2::naughty: DO IT. xD

Things are good here, twinnie! How are things on your end?

No, not yet. :no: I have to wait till my birthday.

HAH. I was actually thinking of making a thread dedicated to people who always get off topic. (ME!)

To stay on topic, I hate when people use the word "gay" to describe something they don't like or think is stupid. Like, if someone doesn't like a certain rule they'll say "That's gay!" instead of "That's dumb!" I feel like they're calling gay people dumb. :thumbdown:

Just my opinion..:bleh:

I've met gay people who were total bastards, and I've met straight people who were total bastards.

yeah i know wat u mean. but it's just that the gays i met have tonsssss in common with me and i find it so easy 2 talk to them, considering the shy person i am. i get along well with them and i love their personalities! they r just so much fun! and it's just that from my experience the gay guys i "meet" r nicer than straight ones i meet (who just wants to get u in bed :blink: ) but i do have a couple nice guy friends.

To stay on topic, I hate when people use the word "gay" to describe something they don't like or think is stupid. Like, if someone doesn't like a certain rule they'll say "That's gay!" instead of "That's dumb!" I feel like they're calling gay people dumb.

:thumbdown:

Just my opinion..:bleh:

I'm guilty of it once in a while. I don't say "that's gay" in place of "that's dumb", but like... if I see something that's very... I don't know, flamboyant, I'll say "that's kind of gay..."

I feel bad, though.

Good point, Sarie! There's a lot of awesome gay people, but there's also an equal amount of straight people I love! It isn't fair to say "Gay people are amazing because they're all so polite." When in reality, there are some downright rude and mean gay people as well as straight people, and there's also a lot of polite straight people.

I don't have a problem with gay people. I guess I'll leave it at that. But in my experiences, most gay people I know were/are amazing people.

I'm guilty of it once in a while. I don't say "that's gay" in place of "that's dumb", but like... if I see something that's very... I don't know, flamboyant, I'll say "that's kind of gay..."

I feel bad, though.

Haha, I don't think you're saying it as an insult though.

:boxed: I feel bad for people who work at stores like that..they have to put up with a lot of mean people..

People would get mad at you for the stupidest things. Most of which, I couldn't control.

You know those self-checkout machines? Well they're called ACMs. Anyway, one night I was on ACMs, which basically means I had to stand there like a doofus with a card so I could fix any technical problems the stupid customers could throw at me. Anyway, some guy came through and had a half-finished snapple or something. And it kept sending it back the line. He didn't know that those machines measure things by weight (that way you can't scan something cheap, like a pack of gum, and put a 20 lb. turkey on the belt and try to cheat the store.)

Anyway, he flipped the heck out because I explained that he had to go get another, scan it onto the belt, then I'd put it back.

:biggrin2::naughty: DO IT. xD

Things are good here, twinnie! How are things on your end?

No, not yet. :no: I have to wait till my birthday.

HAH. I was actually thinking of making a thread dedicated to people who always get off topic. (ME!)

To stay on topic, I hate when people use the word "gay" to describe something they don't like or think is stupid. Like, if someone doesn't like a certain rule they'll say "That's gay!" instead of "That's dumb!" I feel like they're calling gay people dumb.

Just my opinion..

i did :bleh:

i just begged my mum and she said ok- it's my christmas gift. i told her not 2 buy me anything, just order this dvd...it's like one thing would make me soooo happy as compared to many other things u know. it sucks cause i know i'll have to pay quite a bit 4 it, since they don't have it here...only 1 cd shop had LICM :shocked:

I know! why can't they say "that's straight" :lmfao: and i hate how some ppl talk about them and when i defend them they refer to the bible about Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve and all that. so i ask them why God then lets this happen u know. grrr it gets me so angry and d thing is 1 person told me i was a lesbian cause how i always defended gays and everyone says if udefend them like that that means that u r one of them....bull :sneaky2:

i did :bleh:

i just begged my mum and she said ok- it's my christmas gift. i told her not 2 buy me anything, just order this dvd...it's like one thing would make me soooo happy as compared to many other things u know. it sucks cause i know i'll have to pay quite a bit 4 it, since they don't have it here...only 1 cd shop had LICM :shocked:

I know! why can't they say "that's straight" :lmfao: and i hate how some ppl talk about them and when i defend them they refer to the bible about Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve and all that. so i ask them why God then lets this happen u know. grrr it gets me so angry and d thing is 1 person told me i was a lesbian cause how i always defended gays and everyone says if udefend them like that that means that u r one of them....bull :sneaky2:

:yay: Yay! haha I really can NOT wait to see it!

Wow..they need more Mika over there! :naughty:

That's really silly.People are so..narrow minded sometimes. It's so annoying. There's nothing wrong for standing up for what you believe in.

Sarie..that sucks. You guys have my sincere respect. I don't think I'd handle that job well..

I read this whole thread, and Im straight.

I dont see what the problem is, gay couples should have the same rights as ANY other couple,

"I heard this really sad oppinon of someone who said:

having a white hetrosexual couple as prom king/queen is ok because its natural, blacks ok too because being black is not a choice, but having a gay couple would encourage experimentation, and should be discoraged"[/Quote]

I totally disagree with this! I think you cant judge people on race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender.

Its very hard for me having a homophobic dad and a couple of gay friends, which means dad was fine with them until he found out they were gay and now his opinion drastically changed, my father and I often but heads upon this fact! the same argument gets nowhere.

I have a question If I may, whats the difference between a civil union and a gay marrage (im sorry I do not mean to be rude by asking this question, I am curious)

Is it weird that I liked carson off queer eye for the straight guy? even after I knew he was gay. :blush-anim-cl:

I read this whole thread, and Im straight.

I dont see what the problem is, gay couples should have the same rights as ANY other couple,

"I heard this really sad oppinon of someone who said:

I totally disagree with this! I think you cant judge people on race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender.

Its very hard for me having a homophobic dad and a couple of gay friends, which means dad was fine with them until he found out they were gay and now his opinion drastically changed, my father and I often but heads upon this fact! the same argument gets nowhere.

I have a question If I may, whats the difference between a civil union and a gay marrage (im sorry I do not mean to be rude by asking this question, I am curious)

Is it weird that I liked carson off queer eye for the straight guy? even after I knew he was gay. :blush-anim-cl:

In England Civil Unions and Marraiges are the same in every way except by name apparently.

However in Canada...marriage is 100% for Gay or Straight couples. Also gay couples can adopt children . I am honoured to live in a country where rights are given to gay and lesbian couples exactly as much as straight couples.

There is common law that any couple can have if they so wish. But Marriage?

In they eyes of the law....every marriage is 100% in the law. Now I feel I don't have to get married because being bi..I have a choice and now that need to get married is no longer an issue. at least for me.

Other countries such as the USA (for the most) civil unions have less rights and that is wrong.

In Canada, anyhow, a marriage license is obtained, a marriage is performed by a licensed religious official (priest, rabbi, etc) or a Justice of the Peace, a marriage certificate is isssued, and the legal marriage is entered into the Record Of Vital Statistics. A "civil union" is sort of a "marriage lite", without the full suite of legal rights and responsibilities of marriage, but with more rights and responsibilities than a non-formalized union - what some people might call a "common law" relationship.

The two types of unions stems from the fact that for some, marriage is a term that means two people who love each other, making a commitment to be together for life. Full stop. On the other side of the coin are those who believe the term "marriage" refers to the religious institution of marriage, a joining of a man and a woman, mainly for the purpose of procreating. In Catholicism, it's a sacrament. Those people often believe that even if gay couples can enter into a committed union, it can't be called "marriage" because the <insert religious text here> says that marriage is solely between a man and a woman. That's all irrelevent in Canada now, though, because both heterosexual and homosexual couples can marry here now, even in a religious institution if the church is willing. :thumb_yello:

Of course, Wikipedia (as usual) knows more than me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_union

When the issue was up for debate in 2005, I wrote so many letters to the editor, and letters to my Member of Parliament (local federal government representative). The ignorant things people wrote into the paper astouned me. Like, the argument that legalizing gay marriage would increase the spread of AIDS. :blink: For heaven's sake, I thought that stereotype was left back in 1985. Not that I can figure out how allowing formalized lifelong monogamous partnerships would increase the spread of a sexually transmitted disease. Or that legalizing gay marriage would be the first step down a slippery slope, and next people would be marrying hamsters and iguanas. :boxed:

I was a bridesmaid in a lesbian wedding last year, and my fiance took the photographs. It was beautiful. I just cannot tolerate ignorance when it comes to people judging others rights to formalize a lifelong commitment to another person. Gah.

*leaves thread before getting too terribly ranty*

In England Civil Unions and Marraiges are the same in every way except by name apparently.

However in Canada...marriage is 100% for Gay or Straight couples. Also gay couples can adopt children . I am honoured to live in a country where rights are given to gay and lesbian couples exactly as much as straight couples.

There is common law that any couple can have if they so wish. But Marriage?

In they eyes of the law....every marriage is 100% in the law. Now I feel I don't have to get married because being bi..I have a choice and now that need to get married is no longer an issue. at least for me.

Other countries such as the USA (for the most) civil unions have less rights and that is wrong.

thats interesting so its different in different countries, because our Conservation Minister Chris Carter is "cupped" his long-term partner Peter Kaiser, in a civil union. and 2 characters on our television soap actually joined in a civil union on television (I actually cried that episode). because here it appears to have no difference to a marriage or even to living with your partner for more than 2 years. thanks for the information.

In Canada, anyhow, a marriage license is obtained, a marriage is performed by a licensed religious official (priest, rabbi, etc) or a Justice of the Peace, a marriage certificate is isssued, and the legal marriage is entered into the Record Of Vital Statistics. A "civil union" is sort of a "marriage lite", without the full suite of legal rights and responsibilities of marriage, but with more rights and responsibilities than a non-formalized union - what some people might call a "common law" relationship.

The two types of unions stems from the fact that for some, marriage is a term that means two people who love each other, making a commitment to be together for life. Full stop. On the other side of the coin are those who believe the term "marriage" refers to the religious institution of marriage, a joining of a man and a woman, mainly for the purpose of procreating. In Catholicism, it's a sacrament. Those people often believe that even if gay couples can enter into a committed union, it can't be called "marriage" because the <insert religious text here> says that marriage is solely between a man and a woman. That's all irrelevent in Canada now, though, because both heterosexual and homosexual couples can marry here now, even in a religious institution if the church is willing. :thumb_yello:

Of course, Wikipedia (as usual) knows more than me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_union

When the issue was up for debate in 2005, I wrote so many letters to the editor, and letters to my Member of Parliament (local federal government representative). The ignorant things people wrote into the paper astouned me. Like, the argument that legalizing gay marriage would increase the spread of AIDS. :blink: For heaven's sake, I thought that stereotype was left back in 1985. Not that I can figure out how allowing formalized lifelong monogamous partnerships would increase the spread of a sexually transmitted disease. Or that legalizing gay marriage would be the first step down a slippery slope, and next people would be marrying hamsters and iguanas. :boxed:

I was a bridesmaid in a lesbian wedding last year, and my fiance took the photographs. It was beautiful. I just cannot tolerate ignorance when it comes to people judging others rights to formalize a lifelong commitment to another person. Gah.

*leaves thread before getting too terribly ranty*

I find this very interesting, that its different in some countries and others and thank you for this information too!

My friend civil union was preformed by a justice of the peace, and it gave her the same rights *according to law* as a married couple

*reads up on WIKI page*

EDIT: reads the argument that legalizing gay marriage would increase the spread of AIDS...OMG someone said that :blink: I mean that person must be stuck in the dark ages! Its sad how we think we are so sufisticated but actually some are sooo nieve and think they know everything, sad to say, sounds like something only my father would say :thumbdown:

*appears to be ranting, goes back to wiki*

Hello everyone!!!:punk:

I finally got up after last night's massive party and I don't feel that bad actually, and it's only 9am!

I read all 4 pages that were written while I was away in sleeping land and hum... it was interesting !:roftl:

I agree totally with the fact that saying "I love gay people" is discriminating because it would imply a difference with "straight people"... Of course there IS a difference but it's just attraction. There is a limit to how your sexual preferences affect your personallity. Being GAY is NOT an attitude.

But i tend not to think about it like that, at the end of the day "it's only love" (great Elvis song haha), that's the base of it: LOVE. So you like guys? girls? there's no difference, it's just love!! So love! love! love! You can't control love!!:mf_lustslow:

As for gay guys having a tendency of being "nice" haha that's true but I've met some not nice ones lol It's just like everywhere, once again!! Girls tend to think gay guys are fun, that's only because we share a lot more things than you would with a straight guy. Plus, with gay guys there is no ambiguity, there is no flirting (even though I just flirt with everybody, it's so fun haha). I must say I can be quite a bitch some times, but always in a good way, being mean isn't my thing but I am quite sarcastic and some people misinterpret it.. Anyways..:mf_rosetinted:

As for gay marriage and adoption.. A little child will be happier in a warm loving home than dying of hunger somewhere in Kenya, and even though, yes it will be hard for him to grow up and face our still conservative world with 2 Daddies, and yes he will be made fun of a school and all, I think it will just help that child build strength, character and self confidence in who he or she is and will become. And once again, its just LOVE, whether it's from two men, two women, a man and a women.:roftl:

I don't quite feel the same way about mariage. Even as a gay guy I respect mariage as an institution of course and I am all for gay men or women being together officially I just don't think it should be called "mariage". In France we have the "PACS" which is a union, official, but not marriage. I'm not being very clear, do you get what I mean? But I do have mixed feelings, sometimes I'm for it, others against it, I'm actually still reflecting on it a lot before making a stated opinion.:thumb_yello:

Anyways my loves, I'm going to go have a shower and a bloody good breakfast!!

Love you all!!!:wub2: