Mika Cancels Hammersmith

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting here not knowing what to say exactly cos I'm feeling so bad for all the people who've made their way to the U.K. and now the gigs have been postponed:sad: Obviously I feel bad for Mika and the band and crew who have also been ill and I admire the fact that they've all tried to keep going till the end of the tour. But we really don't want permanent voice damage. Hey, maybe the next album will have a bit less falsetto and he'll give himself a break. I have been wondering how he gets up night after night and manages to sing all those high songs in a row.:blink:

Well, that's just taken the cheer out of my day.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

MIKA'S GONE DOWN AGAIN IN THE RECORD OF THE YEAR VOTE!!!

NO SLACKING OFF JUST BEACUSE WE ARE ALL SAD TODAY!!!!

See my siggy for details if you haven't got them already!

i'm voting like 68590330 times a day!

i dont know what's wrong with it :boxed:

could it be that it doesnt count your vote once you've already voted for that day even though you dont get the "you voted" message? i think that may be the problem. it sends you to the results page but it doesnt consider your vote. i dont see any better explanation for that, cause we all vote everyday lots of times :blink:

Avoca just called me. It was good to hear that she's really in a good mood and doesn't really feel cursed as everytime she appears with a collective gift the gigs are cancelled :naughty: She told that John came up at some point to read to them the content of that official cancellation message and then got Mika on the phone. So the M himself was talking to them basically. Sort of. Avoca said that his voice was already gone and in the end he had no choice but to cancel. The band were there (well except for Mikey) and chatted with them and were up for pics and stayed for quite a bit. She also said she was very happy to finally get a chance to talk to Luke and he liked her costume (I'm really anxious to see the pics ;o) Then they (MFCers that is) went for food and noticed only later that in the bar next to the restaurant another part of the lot was having fun with Martin. So all in all it sounded pretty much like a success :thumb_yello:

Hi everyone.

I feel so sorry for Mika that he had to cancel. He must feel really ill and will hopefully get better soon. Of course I'm also sad that I won't see him tomorrow especially because I decided to do without any kind of Christmas present to be able to go to London. I'll go anyway and I hope that I'll meet as many MFCers as possible tomorrow. I'm not too sure about the postponed gig though. I'm off to bed now. I have to catch an early flight :wink2: .

Hi everyone.

I feel so sorry for Mika that he had to cancel. He must feel really ill and will hopefully get better soon. Of course I'm also sad that I won't see him tomorrow especially because I decided to do without any kind of Christmas present to be able to go to London. I'll go anyway and I hope that I'll meet as many MFCers as possible tomorrow. I'm not too sure about the postponed gig though. I'm off to bed now. I have to catch an early flight :wink2: .

I feel for you. Bring a little bit of my love with you, that should do.

No, seriously, I hope you'll get everything in ordnung!

Avoca just called me. It was good to hear that she's really in a good mood and doesn't really feel cursed as everytime she appears with a collective gift the gigs are cancelled :naughty: She told that John came up at some point to read to them the content of that official cancellation message and then got Mika on the phone. So the M himself was talking to them basically. Sort of. Avoca said that his voice was already gone and in the end he had no choice but to cancel. The band were there (well except for Mikey) and chatted with them and were up for pics and stayed for quite a bit. She also said she was very happy to finally get a chance to talk to Luke and he liked her costume (I'm really anxious to see the pics ;o) Then they (MFCers that is) went for food and noticed only later that in the bar next to the restaurant another part of the lot was having fun with Martin. So all in all it sounded pretty much like a success :thumb_yello:

Aww, at least that makes it a little better to cope:thumb_yello:

Hi everyone.

best of luck hun, and enjoy yr visit to london:huglove:

I was in class earlier and a friend texted me that tomorow was cancelled and I just screamed "no!!" and my lecturer just stared at me and asked me if I was alright lol I'm really dissapointed but I know Mika has been working so hard. I hope everyone who has come a long way will find a way to enjoy themselves.

I guess we'll just have to wait and have a blast on the 26th! Hurray for Mika!:mf_lustslow:

I was in class earlier and a friend texted me that tomorow was cancelled and I just screamed "no!!" and my lecturer just stared at me and asked me if I was alright lol I'm really dissapointed but I know Mika has been working so hard. I hope everyone who has come a long way will find a way to enjoy themselves.

I guess we'll just have to wait and have a blast on the 26th! Hurray for Mika!:mf_lustslow:

See the positive side: You have something to look out for:biggrin2:

I think I read somewhere that these tickets can be "exchanged" for the new ones

OK, I checked (at first I was sooo angry I did not even read through the mail):sneaky2:

Here is the mail from Ticketweb------------------------------------

Please accept this email as notification that the schedule for this event

Mika at Carling Academy Brixton on Tuesday, December 4 has changed.

The event has been rescheduled for 7:00 PM on Tuesday, February 26.

Unless you specifically request to receive a refund in advance, your booking

will be honored.

If you wish to receive a refund, return all tickets in your original booking to

the address below.

Please ensure the entire booking is returned. Failure to do so will cause a delay

or prevent a refund being issued. If some members of your party still wish to

attend please enclose a note informing us of this and we'll be in touch to

rebook these for you.

Return to:

TicketWeb Refunds

PO Box 798

Manchester M60 1WY

If you did not receive your tickets via mail, please send your refund request

along with your booking confirmation code to refunds@ticketweb.co.uk.

Your request must be received no later than 24 hours prior the new event date

for a refund to be issued. Unfortunately, we'll be unable to process any

requests received after this time.

Thank you for choosing TicketWeb.

So I think I will wait until the 25th of Feb..

i think this is hardest(?) for mika, cause he maybe feel like he av dissapointed us, but he hasent, cause we totally understand his situasion! he really needs to rest and get well:) im also glad he is taking care of himself!

but are everybody going anyway? first i didnt think i wanted to go, but now if my cousin and i find a hostel or hotel or something to stay over, we are going anyway:) does anyone knows about a cheap and usful one?..

and are we gonna meet somewhere?

OK, I checked (at first I was sooo angry I did not even read through the mail):sneaky2:

Here is the mail from Ticketweb------------------------------------

Please accept this email as notification that the schedule for this event

Mika at Carling Academy Brixton on Tuesday, December 4 has changed.

The event has been rescheduled for 7:00 PM on Tuesday, February 26.

Unless you specifically request to receive a refund in advance, your booking

will be honored.

If you wish to receive a refund, return all tickets in your original booking to

the address below.

Please ensure the entire booking is returned. Failure to do so will cause a delay

or prevent a refund being issued. If some members of your party still wish to

attend please enclose a note informing us of this and we'll be in touch to

rebook these for you.

Return to:

TicketWeb Refunds

PO Box 798

Manchester M60 1WY

If you did not receive your tickets via mail, please send your refund request

along with your booking confirmation code to refunds@ticketweb.co.uk.

Your request must be received no later than 24 hours prior the new event date

for a refund to be issued. Unfortunately, we'll be unable to process any

requests received after this time.

Thank you for choosing TicketWeb.

So I think I will wait until the 25th of Feb..

So wait.. Does this mean I just have to keep my ticket and use it on the 26th ? Or get a new one ??

at least the presents will be delivered :punk: :punk: :punk:

And a few minutes ago avoca called me to confirm that the cd will for sure reach the man as John (tour manager) was so kind as to patiently (:naughty: ) collect all the presents from everybody to give them to the M (LOL, I guess he feels pretty much like Santa Claus tonight). So congratulations everybody. Mission accomplished. Yay for avoca :wink2:

Thanks for the update, Violet. I know there was no Mika tonight, but it sounds like everyone had a very successful, fun day regardless.