The Hammersmith Apollo Thread

CazGirl

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night felt strange for me, as a week on from our amazing night in the 38Bar, I was driving out of London over the Hammersmith flyover, where the bar is underneath, about the time we had got in there and were having a drink with Martin!

And I had to look at flipping Leona Lewis's while driving over it.! The flyover, not her face.:roftl:

Last night felt strange for me, as a week on from our amazing night in the 38Bar, I was driving out of London over the Hammersmith flyover, where the bar is underneath, about the time we had got in there and were having a drink with Martin!

And I had to look at flipping Leona Lewis's while driving over it.! The flyover, not her face.:roftl:

LOL! I have to say Rose..I had to read that about three times beofre I got it (I think it my age!) But had to LOL at the very thought!

That reminds me again of the GIGANTIC poster with Leona Lewis (a name i had never heard before) on the building opposite the apollo. they started putting it there in the morning and almost finished it when the gig was cancelled. very ironic :sneaky2::boxed:

i didnt photgraph the big version but parts of the smaller poster (on the other side of the building that was already there in the morning)

leona1tx6.jpg

hello dear mfc'ers,

it's gabi. i am alive and very very well. actually, all my photos from our dec 2 apollo night are uploading right now to the site where jemma said we should put them. i'm sorry i disappeared. it was like i needed to be the quiet within and think about things. the experience, listening to my struggling inner voice and last minute buying tickets to the dec 1 show, meeting all of you and sharing first row with you; then dec 2 the entire ticket swap (200 pounds each remember) stress, commute, mobile, the disappointment of it all, you guys as this amazing loving community, our dancing like crazy to mika at the bar, it all was such an intense experience; i just needed to be alone with it, like some secret world within that made me smile each time i'd open my drawer and see the mfc shining heart necklace that kata gave my brother and my brother gave me sitting there, winking at me.

so, that was one huge run on sentence. not sure i can follow it either. it's like midnight and i am also kinda exhausted so it does not help with the clarity part of things. bottom line: you guys are amazing, that night at the bar was emotional and awesome, mika is beyond words amazing, and i'm just simply in love. :mf_lustslow:

so, i'm back and loving to read all that you guys wrote in this 22 page long thread. was absolutely sure that this was my one and only gig and now, i think i maybe maybe maybe have one more chance to see mika and then for sure, i'm done for a long long while- until he comes to israel.

so, maybe but i think there is a good chance that mickey and i are going to go to philly and boston. it's crazy but i think we'll do it. will we see any of you there? i looked at those forums and didn't see any of your names. i won't be able to stay for the sat nt new york gig- it makes life too complicated though i know you guys will most probably be there. the philly and boston gigs are much smaller i imagine so like you guys always told me, here will be my real chance to see and maybe talk to mika properly. GOD I HOPE SO!!!

love you guys so much. you are in my thoughts daily and very very fondly.

all my love to you guys. all of you,

thanks for sharing your lives with me.

gabi (and my cat kooli who is sitting right in front of the screen cleaning herself. you know she knows EXACTLY what she is doing!)

Hi Gabi!! We missed you. :huglove:

I hope you're able to make the gigs in the US. If it all pans out I think you'll find it's worth it!

Can't wait to see your pics (but please don't post that hideous one inside the Brixton Academy :naughty: )