Queuing tips! Please add yours here!

paula.pop

Ok Guys,

Between us,we have a lot of experience when it comes to queuing:biggrin2:

So, why not put all of our acquired tips here and help those who haven't been to a gig yet.Ok, let me start:

1.If you are at the front of the queue-stay there! Don't assume that q-jumping will help you get a better spot.That hardly ever happens. Plus there might be no q-jumping at all (as some of us found out in Bham:sneaky2: )

2.Never believe that what security says is 100% true.They may just want to pull your leg... (again-Bham)

OK I am sure everyone has loads more tips to add here!

I want clothing tips,venue tips,countries tips (for example-what are US security guys like?) and everything you can think of! Cheers!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have somone to mind your spot in line, especially if you're right at the front.

In Sydney we had Rainbow Sky's mother, and she kept our spot fo us and minded bags on the many trips to the bin and while we waited for Mika to arrive...

Oh, and for the girls... take a big bag!

I would really like to see (for the future) some sort of VIP area for us , others bands and artists do it , certain people are on a guest list and go in first .. its very common practise

This is one of the things the Official MFC might bring us

Then we dont have to worry so much about queuing for 10 hours!

I would really like to see (for the future) some sort of VIP area for us , others bands and artists do it , certain people are on a guest list and go in first .. its very common practise

Geez... are you stalking me or something???

:naughty:

im sorry i disagree (is that allowed) i dont feel being a mfc member should give u those sorts of perks, a mika fan is a mika fan, whether u buy 1 record or spend 15hrs off your days making posts here!!

wot im trying to say is being a mfc member doesnt make you a better mika fan...... therefore this would b unfair.

im sorry i disagree (is that allowed) i dont feel being a mfc member should give u those sorts of perks, a mika fan is a mika fan, whether u buy 1 record or spend 15hrs off your days making posts here!!

wot im trying to say is being a mfc member doesnt make you a better mika fan...... therefore this would b unfair.

I don't see why you can't disagree...

I personally don't see it happening though...

completely agree here!! We can wait like everyone else! Would be nice if he did one show where we could all get in front at some point, but we certainly shouldn't be every time and we certainly shouldn't ask for it either! (In my version of a perfect world, MFC should rather be the people who would stand back and let others get through...not that this will ever happen of course:blush-anim-cl:

I actually agree, seeing as most american OFC have like, pre meet and greets and all, yet they never have that when they come to europe. It'd be nice.

Of course that would be comfortable and I think I could hardly resist the chance to be in the front row for once *sigh, how I wish!* and that even without having to queue.

But I also think there are a lot of problems going along with such a concept. First of all, who decides who'll be on the guest list, who will decide who's a VIP and who's not? If there are 40, 50, 60+ MFCers, they can't be all front row center, right? There's only so much space. It might cause a lot of resentment and at its worst even drive a wedge between MFC members. But we're in this together, aren't we?

completely agree here!! We can wait like everyone else! Would be nice if he did one show where we could all get in front at some point, but we certainly shouldn't be every time and we certainly shouldn't ask for it either! (In my version of a perfect world, MFC should rather be the people who would stand back and let others get through...not that this will ever happen of course:blush-anim-cl:

I like the idea. But I really think I'd have to lie saying I'd like to stand back if I had the opportunity to get a top spot - unless I gained it in a dodgy way. I wouldn't cheat or get violent (me, hahah :lmao:) to get it.

I'd find it hard to be guaranteed front row and then leave it to somebody else. Not at this point, but maybe I'll get away with this approach as I'm quite an M-gig newbie :wink2:

1) get there early so you get a good spot (but not ridiculously early)

2) bring food with you. Or buy food before you queue.

3) Make sure you have someone with you who will save your place if you need the loo.

4) possibly bring something to keep yourself entertained, but only something compact and small. and nothing expensive.

thats all i can think of.

Of course you can silly! :bleh:

Just my idea doesnt mean Im right

I like standing and chatting I think it adds to the gig atmosphere ....:biggrin2:

Just VIP areas are very very common and may happen if he gets bigger , all the large gigs Ive seen there have been VIP areas for higher ticket prices .. U2 , John Bon Jovi etc .. I know Im talking huge here bands here but who knows where Mika will be in 5 years

Yeh true true :thumb_yello: