MIKA in Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory

dcdeb

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mika in Philadelphia, PA at the Electric Factory.

http://www.electricfactory.info/

http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/2440/

Tickets go on sale 12/14 at 10am.

How to get Tickets

* Tickets available at the EFC Box Office (111 Presidential Blvd, Bala Cywyd, PA – Cash Only – No Service Charge)

* Ticketmaster.com

* Ticketmaster outlets

* Charge by phone at

o (215) 336-2000

o (856) 338-9000

o (302) 984-2000

Other info:

Shows are all ages, unless otherwise specified, so please check the website for show information (i.e. age restrictions like 18+ or 21+ only).

The club has two levels, both with bars. The upstairs is strictly 21+, don't even bother bringing fake ID's. The first floor is all ages, but also has a bar to the right for another 21+ section. Again, unless you're 21, you're not getting in.

Does the club have seats?

Not on the main floor, but don't worry, you'd rather be standing for these shows anyway. There are seats located around the bar areas as well as specially designated handicapped areas. If you are in need of special accommodations, please call ahead to arrange a reserved area, if necessary.

Where are you located?

421 North 7th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107

Located On 7th Street between Callowhill and Spring Garden

Are you near the SEPTA?

Yes! Take the Broad Street Line (the Orange line) to Spring Garden; then it is about a 10 to 15-minute walk down Spring Garden toward 7th street; make a right on 7th. Or, if you don't feel like walking, take a cab from the SEPTA stop.

Are there dress codes or other things I can't bring?

There is no dress code, but please follow the law (don't come naked). Also, you are searched before you enter the building, so expect to be patted down. Security will search purses and pockets, and they reserve the right to confiscate any sharp or dangerous objects.

Can I take pictures, shoot videos, or record?

No recording devices or cameras.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep thinking, tootch! As my friend says, "To think is to create."

We can create a scenario for you to get there! It's only 3 hours from my house!

:thumb_yello:

So is there no one else in this Philly area planning on going? :shocked:

dcdeb

HELLS YES I'M GOING TO THIS! I live LITERALLY 20 minutes away from PHILLY!!!

I hope I get to meet you. :)

Do you know phillie very well? I am looking for a hotel around the theatre but can't find anything. Do you know any hotels at all?

Got my tickets!!! I'll take anyone who is coming by my way.

You can't go tootch? How come? You could come and stay with me at my house....Deb, you too! I'm about an hour and fifteen mins away. PM me if you want!

You can't go tootch? How come? You could come and stay with me at my house....Deb, you too! I'm about an hour and fifteen mins away. PM me if you want!

That's so sweet. Do you know any hotels around the area. I'm going and I need a place for my husband to stay until the show is over. We returning to New Jersey the next day

I got our tickets too! My friend urged me to wait and get tickets at the box office to avoid the service fees, but I just could not sit at work and worry about not getting Mika tickets... I am so excited for the 31st!

That's so sweet. Do you know any hotels around the area. I'm going and I need a place for my husband to stay until the show is over. We returning to New Jersey the next day

If you still need help, I might be able to help you since I live in the city. (This could be good if you need help with locations, but not so good since I personally never stay in a hotel here!) Just let me know!

Sorry, I don't know any hotels there...I've never been to The Electric Factory before, and I'm not familiar with the area.

I'm SO looking forward to seeing all of you from the DC concert and making new Mikamaniac friends, too. And, of course, seeing MIKA himself again. Everyone needs to have flashing hearts...if you don't have 'em....get em!

I'm planning on bringing my eldest daughter with me. She's 17.

I

If you still need help, I might be able to help you since I live in the city. (This could be good if you need help with locations, but not so good since I personally never stay in a hotel here!) Just let me know!

I still need help if you don't mind:wink2: :wink2:

I still need help if you don't mind:wink2: :wink2:

Here is a google map of the area around Electric Factory with the nearest hotels: http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl . It is in satellite view to give you a good idea of the street layout, but feel free to change the view to map if you find it difficult to view.

Does your husband want to sightsee a bit or does he just need a TV to watch for the evening? If he likes movies, there are some great Ritz (independent) movie theaters around the Society Hill/Old City area. Hotel prices are usually cheaper near the Philadelphia airport or back right on the other side of the bridge in New Jersey, but if you haven't seen Philly's historical sites (and you have the time) you may want to spend a little more and stay at a hotel in Center City Philadelphia. I am just rambling right now, so just feel free to ask me any specific/general questions you might have about hotel locations/neighborhoods, etc. and I'll try to help.

Here is a google map of the area around Electric Factory with the nearest hotels: http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl . It is in satellite view to give you a good idea of the street layout, but feel free to change the view to map if you find it difficult to view.

Does your husband want to sightsee a bit or does he just need a TV to watch for the evening? If he likes movies, there are some great Ritz (independent) movie theaters around the Society Hill/Old City area. Hotel prices are usually cheaper near the Philadelphia airport or back right on the other side of the bridge in New Jersey, but if you haven't seen Philly's historical sites (and you have the time) you may want to spend a little more and stay at a hotel in Center City Philadelphia. I am just rambling right now, so just feel free to ask me any specific/general questions you might have about hotel locations/neighborhoods, etc. and I'll try to help.

You are the best. Thank you so much. This is the best help I have recieved in a while. Hope I get to meet you !!:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

You are the best. Thank you so much. This is the best help I have recieved in a while. Hope I get to meet you !!:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Happy to help. Did the link save ok? If not, (or if it expires, I don't really know how these things work exactly), all you have to do is go to Google maps and click "Find businesses" and then type in hotels in the "what" box and 421 N 7th St, Philadelphia, PA 19123 in the "where" box.

Hope I get to meet you, too!

my brother from houston and i from israel were in london. i went last minute to the dec 1 hammersmith apollo show while my brother lay sick in the hotel room. we both arrived dec 2 with a huge mobile gift to give mika and so much stress and problems and worries and when we found the event was cancelled, i was let's just say a tad upset. well, was sure that was my mika chance and now, it looks like i get one last mika meeting.

anyone know how many seats at this venue? i want standing stall up front. how do you get those from ticketmaster?

deb, will i finally get to meet you?

gabi:wink2:

I got my ticket in the mail today:woot_jump:

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:woot_jump:

ME TOO-MY FIRST TIME.

I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS--for you, or anyone else, who has any idea what the answer(s) are--

1-Do you have any idea, in general, of what time the MIKA shows conclude?

2-Do you have any idea, in general again, of what time you finally leave the venue--IF you have waited to see MIKA after the performance?

3-Does any one know the area well enough to tell me if I will be able to "hail"

a cab at that hour--in the area of the Electric Factory--back to an in-town hotel?

[Even if you arrange alternate transportation,

you have to be able to specify a pick-up time!

It doesn't look like an area you want to be stuck in without a way back!]

ME TOO-MY FIRST TIME.

I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS--for you, or anyone else, who has any idea what the answer(s) are--

1-Do you have any idea, in general, of what time the MIKA shows conclude?

2-Do you have any idea, in general again, of what time you finally leave the venue--IF you have waited to see MIKA after the performance?

3-Does any one know the area well enough to tell me if I will be able to "hail"

a cab at that hour--in the area of the Electric Factory--back to an in-town hotel?

[Even if you arrange alternate transportation,

you have to be able to specify a pick-up time!

It doesn't look like an area you want to be stuck in without a way back!]

1. I have been to two mika's shows and it usually concludes around 11pm.

2. It all depends on MIKA honestly, I waited 30 mins for him

3. In regards to getting a cab, I have no idea, is my first time going to phillie. Do you have a hotel already. My husband is dropping me off and will pick me up after. We can take you if you want?