MIKA in Boston, Massachusetts -- Orpheum Theatre

dcdeb

i looked it up and don't know if orchestra is good or not? row k. anyone knows. i couldn't tell from the map.

thanks

gabi

only like 2000 something people. i love it!

Hey! I'm taking a guess that row K might be around the black line I drew. I'm probably off though...

OrpheumTheatreMA_K.jpg

I saw another seating chart where you might be able to count out and see where you'll be, but I can't find it.

I've also found some pics of the theatre if anyone is interested: http://www.cinematour.com/tour/us/5104.html

It looks like a really old theatre. The stage area looks nice with all the designs, the seats look a little beat up though. I'm sure we won't sitting much. :wink2:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, nice. I'm 2nd row, right center mezzanine. from the pictures, the seats don't look too bad! Not too high up or anything. Can't wait!

And moriina, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that you won't be reading any 3 paragraph responses from me. Seeing as I have the attention span of a chipmunk, I don't even have the patience to read a few-paragraph-long response, never mind construct one of my own. Now, if you get me to rant about something, then yes, it's likely. But simple conversation more than likely won't pull a few paragraphs at a time out of me. :biggrin2:

Ooh, nice. I'm 2nd row, right center mezzanine. from the pictures, the seats don't look too bad! Not too high up or anything. Can't wait!

And moriina, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that you won't be reading any 3 paragraph responses from me. Seeing as I have the attention span of a chipmunk, I don't even have the patience to read a few-paragraph-long response, never mind construct one of my own. Now, if you get me to rant about something, then yes, it's likely. But simple conversation more than likely won't pull a few paragraphs at a time out of me. :biggrin2:

HEY!!!! HEY!!!! LOOK OVER THERE!!!!! SHINY THINGS!!!! shiny.gif

Oh... oh dear.... now you're never going to come back and post because you're going to be too distracted. Whoops my bad. :naughty:

Psh... I wouldn't write three long paragraph posts to myself... or would I?

Well the rubber stopper sounded as hard as stone. If he dropped it on the floor it probably would have shattered. One of the blobs went up to my chair. It seems like it's addicted to metal because when he poured more on the floor this guy and I were watching the same one and it almost came to a stop but then it scurried over to his chair.

He was a pretty good professor. He had a really good voice too so that's probably why he talks on the radio about weather and what-not. It was deep and strong. At first I thought it was going to be just monotone and always put me to sleep, which it kind of was monotone but he made jokes along the way. I've tried checking out that ratemyprofessors thing before but not many of the professors that teach here are on there. Not a lot of people around here know about that site I guess.

Nope, the first book we have looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Stars-New-Way-See-Them/dp/B000W2ZFVK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198211356&sr=1-3

Then the second book looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Discovering-Universe-Starry-Night-CD-ROM/dp/0716769603/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198211278&sr=1-2

I plan on selling the second book back since it was like $80 and it's so dry. I'm keeping the first book though since I probably won't get anything but a dollar for it and it also talks about constellations.

Haha and when you try telling me the bits that you learned in class watch me know them. Like did you know Uranus is blue because the methane in the atmosphere cancels out the red visible light? Now I'm just full of all this useless info HAHAHA. One important thing that I learned was how to pronounce Uranus right and how to spell Orion. Before I thought it was "Oh Ryan" and I think I wrote that down on one of our tests.

I'm sure even if we can't walk up a little bit closer we can still stand. I remember hearing about one gig where people in the balcony weren't allowed to stand. I'm going to sigh though if I see open seats in the first couple of rows because the scalpers have gotten a hold of those tickets. I've found two front row tickets going for $275 each, so there's two seats right there. :shocked: I was hoping for tickets in rows DD-RR but it seemed like if you bought single tickets you could get in those rows but doubles where farther back and if you bought four tickets you ended up on the balcony. I don't know how that works.

Hmm... maybe I shouldn't wear the glasses now so none of you MFCers can pick me out and I will be as mysterious as Rilo. :mf_rosetinted: HAHAHA

My college only offers photography 1 and 2 and I just finished the second class and got an A in it. In order to keep on taking a photography class I have to have it as an independent study where you work with just the professor. I've found out that I won't have to meet every week though. I'll get assignments for things that I want to do and then basically go into the lab whenever I want to work.

Ahh ok.. yeah, I’ve picked a better teacher, so hopefully I'll have interesting stuff to share. So you guys have two separate books, interesting. We just have one and it’s split in half… hhahaha maybe for more “detailed” learning? (probably not… :wink2:)

You know, I tried to sell back one of my books, but they would have given me $2. Geez.. I hate how companies come out with new editions every year, so I can’t sell books back because they are old editions. Lame…

How did you think Uranus was pronounced? :blink: Oh Ryan! Hahahahahah – I’m laughing because I thought –rion was spelt as ryan as well; at least we know better :naughty:

$275 for tickets?! Geez.. I wonder if anyone would actually pay that much. Yeah, Cynthia bought 2 tickets and they gave her balcony. When I bought mine, I was able to find closer ones on the ground. I suppose when you buy tickets in pairs or more, they presume (understandably) that friends want to stick together. Or maybe it’s just a matter of availability… there are prob. more single seats

Oh wow, I sort of like that idea of independent study. Personally, I like learning in smaller groups, so you can see how independent study is appealing to me.  Not meeting every week and going to labs when you want to… sounds even better!

It was worth a try :naughty:

Ahh ok.. yeah, I’ve picked a better teacher, so hopefully I'll have interesting stuff to share. So you guys have two separate books, interesting. We just have one and it’s split in half… hhahaha maybe for more “detailed” learning? (probably not… :wink2:)

You know, I tried to sell back one of my books, but they would have given me $2. Geez.. I hate how companies come out with new editions every year, so I can’t sell books back because they are old editions. Lame…

How did you think Uranus was pronounced? :blink: Oh Ryan! Hahahahahah – I’m laughing because I thought –rion was spelt as ryan as well; at least we know better :naughty:

$275 for tickets?! Geez.. I wonder if anyone would actually pay that much. Yeah, Cynthia bought 2 tickets and they gave her balcony. When I bought mine, I was able to find closer ones on the ground. I suppose when you buy tickets in pairs or more, they presume (understandably) that friends want to stick together. Or maybe it’s just a matter of availability… there are prob. more single seats

Oh wow, I sort of like that idea of independent study. Personally, I like learning in smaller groups, so you can see how independent study is appealing to me.  Not meeting every week and going to labs when you want to… sounds even better!

It was worth a try :naughty:

Yeah, it's not uncommon here to have to buy two books. Double the money ugh. I didn't get ANYTHING back for three of my books, the most expensive ones this semester so I kept them and I want to try to find a way to sell them. I'm tired of it! The schools bookstore is all "get money for your books we'll buy them back" and what-not yet when you go to sell them back you get nothing. I mean, even $50 would have helped me out greatly.

My prof would pronounce Uranus like "yer-nis." I thought it was pronounced differently because that's how I always heard it. Just think dirty. :mf_rosetinted: Oh yeah I'm sure my prof went :doh: when he saw I put down "Oh Ryan."

I would hope someone wouldn't pay that much for tickets when they only cost $30. That's an insane amount! So now I know there's going to be front row seats open. *rolls eyes* I figured maybe the reason why when you bought more than one ticket they put you farther back so that scalpers can't buy 8 tickets at a time and get the up front seats and then sell them. I may be wrong though. It just kind of threw me off when I looked for 2 tickets and got the last row, Y, on the floor and then when I searched for 3 tickets I got U and W.

Yeah, learning in smaller groups is easy. This is going to be even more easy because it'll just be the prof and I, no one else.

HEY!!!! HEY!!!! LOOK OVER THERE!!!!! SHINY THINGS!!!! shiny.gif

Oh... oh dear.... now you're never going to come back and post because you're going to be too distracted. Whoops my bad. :naughty:

Not gonna lie.......I stared.

See?! It doesn't take much to amuse this one right here! Toss me a rubber band and I'm out of your hair for hours. :roftl:

HAAAAHAHA. The day rubber bands rock harder than Mika. :naughty: Don't worry, I'll have some pics from the show that way I can show you what you missed when you were playing with the multi-colored... that's right multi-colored... rubber bands. Maybe I'll get a few of you with your bag of 500... that's right 500... rubber bands. (Well depending on how close our seats are too each other.) :thumb_yello:

:lmao:

Okay well if you must see him I can flick a rubber band or two here and there onto the stage that way you'll look up. Then you'll get sad and realize you'll never see that rubber band again so you'll just go back to your 500 multi-colored ones. :wink2:

(I hope for your sake you don't find a rubber band by your seat when you arrive.) :naughty:

"STOP THE SHOW! Excuse me! Mika? Could you just y'know...toss that rubber band back up here? Thanks, buddy." :roftl:

Okay... I have nothing witty to top that right now. :roftl: Just that you're going to get odd looks and you're going to have to change your name on here from mikaholic to rubberbandaholic. :thumb_yello:

I can see it now if that camera man comes to the US.

Camera man: So tell me, why do you like rubber bands more than Mika??

You: They're more flexible and they're a great band that never ends. I can enjoy them 24/7 anywhere.

Camera man: Ooookay. So what happens if they break? They end then don't they?

You: Don't say such things. :tears:

(I haven't gone to bed yet.):mf_rosetinted:

Hahahahaha Yeah, I'll think about the name change.

Haven't gone to bed yet?! Geez! I went to bed at about 11 last night, I was so tired! Well, at least you should try to get to bed early tonight so you're not awake when Santa comes. That's my plan. Early to bed tonight!

Haha when I was little I was always scared that if I didn't get to bed early, Santa wouldn't come to my house. Either that, or I was afraid that he'd come and I'd still be awake and I wouldn't know what to say to him. :biggrin2:

I kinda sorta stayed up reeeallly late until yesterday morning so I slept straight through the day. I'm just a natural night owl. I prefer being up late afternoon and at night. Mornings do not exist for me.... yet.

Hahaha I remember I used to have to go to bed so early Christmas eve so Santa could come. That's too cute though that you were afraid that you wouldn't know what to say to him! :wub2::naughty: I remember always checking to see if the cookies were gone and reading Santa's note that he left me before opening up presents.

I hear ya, I hate the mornings. When I get the chance, I sleep till 2 or 3. I can go for about 14 hours a night. It's kind of amazing. I should enter sleeping competitions or something. I'd completely dominate. In April, I went to Italy, and when I came back I got home at about 1 am and went right to bed. I didn't wake up till 5:40 the next afternoon because my dad woke me up for dinner. After dinner I just sat there, and then at 11 I went back to bed and woke up at 6 for school the next day. That's a lot of sleep in a little time, hahaha. I guess it was all catching up though because every night in Italy I'd be up partying till about 3 am and we'd have to wake up at 6 every day.

Haha I used to do that too! I used to love reading the notes that Santa left for me. I'd get so excited that he ate the cookies and drank the milk. One year I left cookies and milk, and then I put out some carrots too and I wrote a note saying "Dear Santa, I hope you like the cookies I made. I don't know if reindeer like carrots, but if they do please give these to Rudolph. Love, Lauren" :roftl: I could be precious sometimes.

Oh wow! That's going to be me this April! I'm going to Italy and France over Spring break for a whole week. I don't know how late I'm going to be staying up but I sure as heck hope I don't get stuck taking care of, or sleeping with, drunk people. I don't look forward to that part. I'll have my first drink over there but I'm only going to be a casual drinker. Not a "lets get hammered in a foreign country because I can" drinker. I'd like to get some sleep when I'm there or else it's going to be reeallly long days. Did you go to Italy on a school trip? (btw, I love how all the other gig threads talk about the upcoming gig and plans and we're just chatting about whatever... astronomy... rubber bands.... shiny things... *throws marbles and rubber bands across room. :fisch:)

I think I might have left carrots too! There was also this other little thing that we picked up from somewhere. It was some type of reindeer mix where it was oats and glitter. You put it in a bag and then I think you spun around three times while sprinkling it around and you wished for something. There might have been a saying that went along with it too, I can't remember. I always used to run outside in the morning and it would be all gone and NO hoof prints in sight. I never did understand how that worked. :wink2:

I bet parents get a kick watching us do all this stuff. :sneaky2::naughty:

Oh! I hope you have fun! I want to go back so badly.

Well, by partying I don't mean getting smashfaced....all the time. Most of the drinking done over there was like "let's go out to lunch and have some pizza and a bottle of wine," or going out to have a beer at the bar or something. We were responsible about it. I mean, there was this one night in Sorrento...but other than that we were respectable American children. :biggrin2:

Yeah, I went on a school trip, so my dad wasn't there. I was going to go again this year and my dad wanted to chaperone, but they ended up not having a trip. Usually I wouldn't want my dad to chaperone any kind of school activity, but I wouldn't mind him going to Italy with us. He really wants to go, so who am I to stop him? He'd actually be hilarious there, so whatever, haha.

Haha I know, this really isn't about the gig at all. I guess we're just too cool for all that. But yeah, I'm really excited for it! We realized that since there are 4 of us going, we could make t-shirts that spell out "MIKA" so we did. I get to be the "I". My shirt is bright green with a sparkly "I" on it. And we wanted to write stuff on the back, so we got iron-on tie-dye letters. And on one we put "hook me" then another was "book me" then "nook me" and "walk away!" Haha, we're so cheesy. I thought it was hilarious.

Well would ya take a look at that. A three-(short)paragraph response from me. Never thought I'd see the day.

"There was that one night..." :roftl:

I had a friend that went to Italy and Greece and she said that when everyone ordered a drink she said that she didn't want one so they brought her out one for free. I'd be nervous about that because I'm more of a water person. :naughty:

Aw, the same thing happened to me before. I was going to go on a trip to Spain for my Spanish class back in high school. I think my mom was going to go but we were short a couple people so we couldn't go. :thumbdown:

Where did you go in Italy? I think we're going to Venice, Rome, and Pisa. I can't wait. I also cannot wait to go to Paris! :wub2: I'm going to go picture crazzzzy!

You're right, you guys are cheesy, but I think it's funny. :naughty: I take it you're the one that has "book her" on her back? If you're not you're going to have a problem when you guys are standing next to each other. Although I'd love to see, "book her, hook her, walk away, nook her." :roftl:

You beat me to it. I was going to comment on how each post of yours keeps on getting longer. :bleh:

Free drinks because she said she didn't want one? Now why didn't I think of that! :naughty:

Aw that stinks. I think we're just not having one this year because the teacher running it just kind of wants to take a year off. The teacher who runs the trip is my Italian teacher, so I tried to persuade her. I thought I had her too. I got her to a point where she was like "Well, my daughter does want to go to Italy. And I want to go back. And we probably have enough people..." But then she backed out. I had the whole class agreeing with me and helping to get her on board. It almost worked! But almost doesn't count I guess...:thumbdown:

I took a lot of pictures over there too. It's SO beautiful!! It's the most beautiful place I've ever been to. On our trip flew from Boston to New York (6 hour layover there), New York to Paris (4 hour layover there), and then Paris to Milan (as soon as we got our luggage, we got right on a bus for 4 hours to get to Venice). It took forEVERRRRR. It was worth it though. But we went to Venice, Verona, Florence, Assisi, Rome, Sorrento, Capri, back to Sorrento, back to Rome. My favorite places were Venice and Capri. I couldn't believe how beautiful Capri is!

(the pictures are huge so I'll just link them)

P4200151.jpg?t=1198522808

P4200145.jpg?t=1198522880

(inside the Blue Grotto) P4200137.jpg?t=1198522923

Haha actually, my shirt says "nook me" but we changed it so the A is "hook me." Trust me, we spent a lot of time thinking about this. About a half hour and 72 diagrams later, we decided that the M should be "walk away" and the A should be "hook me" because the M would have to be on the right so that from Mika's perspective, the M would be on the left. And that shirt says "walk away" because behind us it would be all the way on the right.

Ehh I think I just gave up and picked a shirt to write each of them on... :biggrin2:

Yeah, they are getting progressively longer and longer, aren't they? Go me!

Aw it sounds like you guys were so close to getting her to go too! I don't think our professor here ever takes a break. He's always traveling every vacation even during the summer vacation he at least does two trips. It's insane! But what a life it must be, getting to travel like that.

That is a LOT of places to visit! How long were you there again? We're only going to for a week so we're hitting up the main places and staying a couple days almost in each one. Which is nice, we'll get more time to sight see in that area. Those pictures are beautiful! I LOVE water that color blue! *melts*

I give up on figuring out the shirt thing. It's too confusing to think about. :roftl: I have no clue what I'm going to wear. I'll probably just end up wearing the same shirt I wore last time or something.

*waits to see how long the next one will be* :naughty:

We were there for 10 days (actually 8 because it took us 24 hours to get there and 26 to get back) and we visited a lot of places but we only spent about a day in each place. Well we went to Verona on our way to Florence so we only spent a few hours there, and we went to Assisi on the way to Rome so we only spent a few hours there too. But they're pretty small so it's not like we were jipped or anything. I would have liked to spend more time in the big places though. All the places are so good for shopping and sight-seeing. I can't wait to go back. I don't know when that may be, but I'm gonna work on it, haha.

Yeah, isn't Capri so pretty? I went in the water there. I've never been in water so blue! I'm used to the Atlantic Ocean in Boston. *gags* Naaaht so pretty. But I have a whole album of pictures if you'd like to see them. Just let me know.

Haha yeah just don't bother trying to figure out the shirts. It took me too long anyway. If you see me you'll know. My shirt is bright green, the M is blue, the K is orange, and the A is purple. We'll probably stand out. Then again...it'll be a Mika concert, so we'll probably blend right in with outfits like that. :biggrin2:

I don't think this comment got longer than the last...but hey, not bad. :thumb_yello:

I'm afraid shopping there is going to be soooo expensive!!! Too bad I wasn't going after this summer when I will have had another job. Oh well, if the school doesn't charge me for living there the second half of the summer (which they haven't yet) I'll have about $400 to do something with. I just hate how the US dollar is nothing compared to the euro. I'd love to see the pictures! I wish we were going to Capri! Was the water nice and warm? I'd love to swim in an ocean with nice blue water like that, warm, and have white sands. *sigh* "Naaaht" you have the Boston accent don't you? One of my friends at college is from around Boston. It's hilarious because he tries so hard to not let his accent come through but it's hilarious when it does. I love it. He'll talk about "lobstah" and I'll giggle and make him say it again. He will, and then I tell him to say other words... he will and will also give me the evil eye. :naughty:

I'll be sure to keep a look out for you all. :thumb_yello: I have a cute/dressy-ish brown and white shirt that I'd like to wear... but I don't know. I love bright colors and if I'm going to some place where it's all colorful I don't want to be dressed in brown. :naughty: Your seats are up in the balcony right? Oooh and that reminds me... my tickets came today! :biggrin2:

Yeah, it was pretty expensive. I had to have my dad put money in my bank account for me. Well the trip started off like crap anyways, because I got a Bank of America account just because it would supposedly be easier to use over there. And they screwed me over big time. I went to the bank multiple times before I left and told them about a GAGILLION times "I'm going to Italy by myself. I'm going to need my ATM card to work over there." And they told me every time "Oh, it's all set you don't even need to do anything. It'll work." So once I got over there...didn't work. The first two days I was in a foreign country, a 16 year old girl by myself, with zero money. I had to have other people buy me food and stuff. I felt like such a dirtball. I was pissed. And I called the bank so many times and they were like "Well I don't know what you want us to do." ....Are you serious? I goes "I WANT YOU TO SEND MY MONEY TO ITALY SO I DON'T HAVE TO BEG FOR FOOD FOR THE NEXT 10 DAYS!" They had me in tears because they wouldn't do anything. I was in the hotel lobby screaming at them on the phone and they actually had me in tears. I never cry about anything like that. It got to the point where one of the older boys on the trip was like "Wow, are you ok?" and had to sit there with me. I was so mad. And then I called my dad and he called the bank but they wouldn't let him do anything because his name isn't on my account. They wouldn't give him any information. He finally got them to realize it was an emergency (they didn't believe him at first) and they let him access my information. I'm pretty sure he threatened them. But hey, they deserved it.

So in conclusion, MAKE SURE your bank isn't going to just not care about you. Get everything settled before you go.

And yeah, I have a Boston accent. But when I say the word "not" I say it as "nawt." When I type it as "naht" I say it like everyone else says it. It's basically just me exaggerating it and making fun of everyone else. :biggrin2: I love my Boston accent though. But I hate when people tell me words to say, hahaha. It's like they're amused by me. I mean, I can be amusing sometimes, but I don't get when people are amused by my accent.

My Mikatickets are for mezzanine, yes. Congrats on getting your tickets! I remember last time I was extatic when my tickets came in the mail. This time I just went to the Orpheum to get them myself. So we got them and as soon as we stepped outside the door of the box office we did one of those girly jumps up and down. Ha, that's the ONLY time anyone will ever catch me doing one of those. That....and right after I met Patrice Bergeron. I turned the corner and was just like freaking out. :biggrin2:

But anyways, IT'S MIDNIGHT! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I have to get to bed so Santa can come! 'Night!!