MIKA in Boston, Massachusetts -- Orpheum Theatre

dcdeb

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, that sucks. Yeah, I guess I'm pretty spoiled with stuff like that. But I don't go to concerts ever, so it doesn't really effect me. I guess I'd die if I didn't live 5 minutes from the Garden and about 15 minutes from Fenway park though. I've gotten used to it.

I thought it was funny that the last Boston gig was right across from Fenway. My friend was driving and we were looking for the street because Mapquest already gave us wrong directions and he saw a hot guy and paid more attention to him and I was all, "oh so THAT'S where Fenway is" and just stared at it. We missed our turn. :roftl: I liked how it was across from Fenway too that way we had the radio people to listen to while waiting after sound check was done even though I have no interest in baseball. :naughty:

I was pumped that it was at Avalon. I love the Fenway atmosphere! Too bad the Sox got crushed 12-2 that night. It's ok though, because they lost to Colorado...who they beat in the World Series. So things evened out. :biggrin2:

30 days till Mika!

I had no clue where they had gone to when they went off stage. It was dark and everyone was chanting his name so I thought the concert was over. :roftl:

I think the people that I was living with last summer all thought I was on crack though when I finally dragged myself out of bed the next day really happy and was smiling ear to ear showing them the pics and I got to the animal costume part. They obviously don't understand how fun it all was. :mf_rosetinted:

Geez it took me 15 minutes to post this. :boxed:

Haha yeah I went to school the next day all happy and everything. I met up with my friend who I had gone to the concert with and as soon as we saw each other we just went "AAAHHH!!!" I brought my camera to school to show my friends my pictures (and to look at them myself during class instead of working). I think about every person who saw the animal costume pics just thought I was weird. But really...you have to be there to understand the whole thing. If you're just looking at the pics not knowing what's going on...you're not gonna get it.:roftl:

The friend I went with I don't even think listens to him anymore. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who people found weird. They just looked at me as I tried to explain. It didn't work out well. I just narrowed it down to having to be a kid at heart to fully understand it. :naughty:

Whoa wait.... you were still in school back in June? I remember back in high school we used to get out in June but I think it was around the time when the gig was. How much longer did you have left? :blink:

Haha well I basically just closed up my conversation with "I'm crazy? No I believe it is you who is crazy because Mika's awesome. I win." :naughty:

Yeah, I'm still in highschool. We always stay till the end of June-ish. :thumbdown: It's so stupid because at about the middle of May I quit everything and just sit there in class. Once it's warm out you can count me out of any schoolwork. I mean, we have schoolwork to do until pretty much the last day (a lot of projects etc. due on the last day of school), but they can't expect that much from me so I just say no. Haha, I'm so lazy.

Hah. I think I said something like, "you'd just have to be there in order to understand it." :mf_rosetinted:

I figured you were still in high school. Just still being there after June 13th seems like a long time. Granted I can't remember the exact date when we'd get out because of all the snow days to make up. The gig was luckily during my summer vacation so I didn't have to worry about missing a whole day of school to travel. I feel pretty lucky that this one is on a Friday (not to mention I won the lottery since it's seating so no waiting in a queue in the cold!) I might have to miss one class which would be yoga, but oh well it will be an easier class to miss instead of some other ones. :cool:

Yeah, we always go really late. I think Boston Public Schools just hates children. It's ok though...I only have this year and next till I'm all done with them.

Yeah, I like that it's on a Friday too! I might still go there right after school though, just for fun. Get at the front of the line, hang out. I do that all the time. I show up to things so early just to hang out with people. I'm probably gonna leave my bag in my locker at school, just cuz I won't want to bring it to the concert. Plus, it's not like I'm gonna be doing homework...:bleh:

I was SO ecstatic to graduate from high school. That was a great year. This year will be great too transferring colleges. :roftl:

I hope you stay warm! I would be sooo cold! It looks like we're going to get down there, either walk or take a cab to the hotel and check in, drop off our stuff. Probably sit around for a bit, do dinner then go to the theatre. I do want to get there a little bit before the doors open so I won't be all the way in the back waiting to get in.

I can't wait. :original:

Warm? I don't remember the last time I was warm. Haha, it was below zero and WINDY AS HELL today. So at 6:30 when I was at the bus stop and the 39 bus driver decided not to stop for the group of people freezing their asses off in the cold, yeah I was not warm.

But yeah I'm willing to stay out in the cold. I stood outside for 7 hours for the Red Sox parade a few months ago. :biggrin2: Got there at 6 am. I really don't mind waiting a long time if I'm looking forward to something.

Yeeeaaah it's been a bit -0 here too lately. :thumbdown: I haven't gone outside for a couple of days now. :naughty:

Those bus drivers sounded a lot like mine. I'd be freeeezing my butt off and none of them would stop ON their way to the school which is about a mile down the road. Caring they are huh? :no:

What in the world did you do for 7 hours?! I only waited in the queue for Mika's gig for about maybe 3ish hours and I was so bored. I couldn't imagine waiting 7 hours for something. : P When did you get in the queue for the gig? We got in line around 4:30 I think. We were in between the entrance and the doors where the band left. First we were right up by those doors which was cool to hear the sound check start but then some how we moved up a little bit.

For 7 hours? Well we weren't the only ones there because all Sox fans are crazy like me. :punk: So we had company. The barriers were up, so we were on one side of the street and there were people on the other side of the street so I brought tennis balls and we all played catch and off-the-wall and stuff. Haha and people brought toilet paper and were throwing it across the street and everything. In 2004 people had loaves of bread throwing them...haha and I was throwing rolled up ponchos...I don't know how that came about.

For the gig, we were really late getting in line because my dad was gonna give us a ride at like 4, but he hurt his hand and had to go to the hospital, so after I made sure he was ok my friend and I took the bus over to the gig. I almost didn't go but my dad kind of made me go. I wanted to go to the hospital to see him and make sure he was ok and everything, but he told me to go because I was looking forward to the gig so much. That's why I love that man.

Tennis balls, bread, ponchos, toilet paper... what's next? :roftl:

Aw, I hope your dad's hand was alright after! That's really nice that he didn't want you to miss the concert. I thought we were going to be lost for a long time because Mapquest gave us the wrong directions and a street that we never did end up finding. We ended up going past some Hong Kong Cafe 5 times. :roftl: Another friend from my school surprised me when she told me she was going, and as it turns out they got lost too so they almost didn't make it until the gig started. Silly Mapquest. :mf_rosetinted:

Tennis balls, bread, ponchos, toilet paper... what's next? :roftl:

Aw, I hope your dad's hand was alright after! That's really nice that he didn't want you to miss the concert. I thought we were going to be lost for a long time because Mapquest gave us the wrong directions and a street that we never did end up finding. We ended up going past some Hong Kong Cafe 5 times. :roftl: Another friend from my school surprised me when she told me she was going, and as it turns out they got lost too so they almost didn't make it until the gig started. Silly Mapquest. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know, I'll think of something for this year's victory parade. :wink2::thumb_yello:

Yeah, he's alright now kinda. It still hurts him. He sliced the tendon and nerve in half so he can't bend his finger all the way anymore. He ended up being out of work from June until the end of October and had to have a few surgeries. Apparently he was NOT ok, but he wouldn't tell me that. I feel bad for going to the concert still.

Haha I hate MapQuest. It's so bad. MY dad got me a GPS system for Christmas because I'm the kind of person who gets lost going around the block. But you went past Hong Kong Cafe that many times? Haha it's on Boylston Street, which is one street over from Fenway Park! Lol that's so funny!

Haha look at this map. Look at the satellite version of it. Just look at how close it is to Fenway:

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-34,GGGL:en&um=1&q=hong+kong+cafe&near=Boston,+MA&fb=1&cid=0,0,15109228921514958309&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image