MIKA in Boston, Massachusetts -- Orpheum Theatre

dcdeb

I don't know, I'll think of something for this year's victory parade. :wink2::thumb_yello:

Yeah, he's alright now kinda. It still hurts him. He sliced the tendon and nerve in half so he can't bend his finger all the way anymore. He ended up being out of work from June until the end of October and had to have a few surgeries. Apparently he was NOT ok, but he wouldn't tell me that. I feel bad for going to the concert still.

Haha I hate MapQuest. It's so bad. MY dad got me a GPS system for Christmas because I'm the kind of person who gets lost going around the block. But you went past Hong Kong Cafe that many times? Haha it's on Boylston Street, which is one street over from Fenway Park! Lol that's so funny!

Haha look at this map. Look at the satellite version of it. Just look at how close it is to Fenway:

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-34,GGGL:en&um=1&q=hong+kong+cafe&near=Boston,+MA&fb=1&cid=0,0,15109228921514958309&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Oooooooouch!!!!! I'd ask how that happened, but I don't know if I want to know it sounds really painful. My hand feels weird just thinking of it because I've been wearing a wrist guard for over a week now because they think I have tendonitis. I'm sure I'm going to be stuck with it still come gig time because I accidently re-hurt it last night. : P

GPS systems are really cool! I would love to have one because it's hard to read directions before you go and try to remember them and you really can't read them on the way. : P

We ended up going by the cafe so many times because we were looking for a parking lot. I really don't know why we had to go around THAT many times though. I only saw around two lots. I was starting to get annoyed near the end because after being in the car for that long I really wanted to get out and walk around. We finally ended hitting up best buy and staying in an art store for quite some time because I was in heaven. Kind of forgot for a bit about getting in the queue. I was having too much fun looking and messing around with the art supplies. :naughty:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, his hand makes me queasy. *shudders* He was on a ladder at work and fell off (he would have only fallen about 3 feet) but your reflexes just make you reach for something, so he reached out and grabbed a piece of metal as he was falling and it sliced way through his finger. I hate stuff like that because it makes me weak, but I had to change his bandages and stuff. Ugh! I almost fainted, hahaha.

I'm sorry about your wrist! That really sucks you might be stuck with it for the gig? Can you still appreciate good music and hold a camera? Because I that's all you need to be able to do. And hey, maybe you can get Mika to kiss it and make it all better. *shrugs*

Oh, I always go in that Best Buy! I was there a few days ago actually. I was waiting for my friend at the movies. I took the train in and got there way earlier than her so I just went into Best Buy to touch everything. Then after the movie we went into that art store. :biggrin2: I love that place.

Oh gosh!!! I'm still sorry to hear about that! :shocked: Our reflexes can do more harm than good at times. I broke my wrist by falling before and yeah go reflexes! :no: So I'm guessing you don't want to be a nurse then? :naughty: It's okay I'm the same way. I can't stand blood and what-not.

Well, I got a new camera for Christmas so I can definitely hold the camera without any problems. I'm also glad I can clap too with it on because I hate it when I can't clap or I have my hands full and everyone is clapping except me. Just feels weird. : P Have him kiss it and make it feel all better? Nah that's what mom's are for. :naughty: He can sign the wrist guard if he so pleases and feel honored to be in my presence because I'm so cool and wicked awesome :mf_rosetinted: .... okaaaay juuust kidding. :thumb_yello: If I'm there to see the band come out I most likely won't even be that close. Everyone got SO insane the last time when he came out. I just stood in the back away from everyone because they had surrounded him from all sides so he couldn't move.

I think I tried out a pretty comfy chair at that Best Buy. I wanted to take it to the queue with me. :naughty: The art store we went to wasn't to far from it. It was on the same street I think a couple stores down. How far is the Best Buy from the Orpheum Theatre? I've tried searching for it on google maps but I can't find it. I'd love find it and go back to the art store.

Hmm... btw I just remembered that I had a dream about the gig last night along with some other odd dreams not related to Mika or the MFC. My camera was being awesome and wasn't working well and I couldn't really catch him in any pictures because he moved too darn fast so it was all blurry. For some reason my flash didn't really work good and everything came out too dark but when it did work fine I was too afraid I was going to blind him because the flash is insanely bright. Awesome. *gives camera a dirty look.* I just had camera problems and it better not be a sign that it's going to act up when I go away. : P

Yeah no, I'm not looking to pursue a career in the nursing field. I'd be the worst nurse ever. I had to get a spinal tap before, and the doctor was explaining it to me and drawing me diagrams and stuff. I wasn't scared or anything, but I looked at the diagram and fainted. Hahaha he had to catch me. And then I had to lay down on the floor for a while, because the only other option was to lay on his desk and that'd just be awkward. So I'm guessing "photographer" is gonna be a better career for me than "nurse."

Well, I didn't get to meet him last time. I really want to meet him this time. And the band. I'd feel bad though, I wouldn't want to be right there. I feel like people go to crazy to the point where he'd get uncomfortable. Like, if I saw someone famous, I wouldn't go up to them and just ask them for an autograph or anything because I would assume they hate that. I always think "What if I were eating dinner with a friend and someone I don't know came up and interrupted us?" I wouldn't want to like, enclose Mika into a little circle of people. Know what I mean?

Hm, that Best Buy isn't very close to the Orpheum. It's about 2 or 3 miles away I'd say. That Best Buy is right by my school, and if I wanted to get to the Boston Common (basically where the Orpheum is) it would take my a while by bus. It takes about 10 minutes to get to Copley, then I'd have to walk to the Common. You could do it by train though, if you'd want to. I probably wouldn't try it though, because I get lost on the train here and I've lived here my entire life, hahaha. But then again, it's me we're talking about here so you could probably pull it off. There are a lot of different stores near the Orpheum though. Enough to keep me entertained.

I had a dream about the gig last night too! Haha actually I've had a bunch of them, and they're all the same. In every one of my dreams about the gig, I've been late to it. They're really frustrating dreams! In one, we were at the airport picking someone up, and I needed a ride to the concert but they were like "no, we want to shop first..." and it was like 7:30. Another time my friends bailed on me about 5 minutes before we were leaving and I had no one to go to the gig with and I had 3 extra tickets and I had no way of getting there. I hate these dreams! Haha I told my friend and I said "This better not be foreshadowing of events to come..."

Look at that monster post I just banged out. I'm improving, huh?

Oh geeeeez! Yeah I guess being a photographer is a better route then. I'd be the worse nurse ever too, I don't even know what a spinal tap is. *goes to google so you don't have to explain it* :roftl: Other than that I get very squeemish about different things. At least you picked the perfect place to faint, in the doctors office. :wink2: I've never fainted before *knocks on wood* but I've come very close to it. This past year something was messed up with my body and I felt dizzy and faint a lot. I felt so embarrassed having to ask my friend to drive me to the store because I couldn't and it didn't help that another friend would joke around say something along the lines of "and Jen here can't drive because she might pass out at the wheel." Uh thanks buddy. Like I hadn't noticed? :thumbdown: It also didn't help that whenever a group of us would go somewhere they'd stick me in the back of the car so in turn with not already feeling good I felt car sick on top of it. Dizzy people don't go in the back duuuh.

I know what you mean, if I saw someone I'd be way to shy though to go over and talk to them. I think that last time if security had kept everyone in line it would have worked out better but once he came out we had a non-existent line. I think my friend and I were the last one in line so we stepped out a little bit to see what was going on but quickly everyone engulfed him. I had some strange guy come up to me and ask what everyone was waiting for. I said, "Mika." He went onto saying something like "Mika? Is that it? No last name? He's too big for a last name like the others?" Or something like that. The guy was creepy and really annoyed me so I tried to push past him and dive into the crowd to get away haha.

I guess I'll skip going all the way over there then. I think we'll probably just go to some places that are within walking distance. I'm so glad we're trying to stay in Boston for the night. I didn't feel like walking all the way back to the bus station and traveling for an hour after the gig.

How ironic that both of our dreams went wrong. :bleh: Maybe it means the exact opposite though and that things will go amazing! I'm sure you won't be late if you're going to get there after school. It kind of sounds like by the time I get off the bus you'll already have camp set up outside of the doors. :roftl:

Your posts are getting longer. I can't wait until you top mine. :wink2:

Yeah, I just had a feeling I'd like photography better than nursing. Less blood. More fun. Ouch, did you get that checked out? I hate fainting. Whenever I faint I always say something really random when I'm getting ready to go down. I think last time I said something about forgetting to wash the dishes or something like that. I feel bad after I faint, like I make other people uncomfortable or something. I dunno why. Haha but I always look hilarious when I faint (I'm assuming). I just stare at the ground for a few when I feel it coming on, and I try to reach for something, then I try to get a few last words out and my eyes roll to the back of my head. Lol, I'd pay good money to see something like that. I just faint when I get queasy. Like a few years ago I was at softball practice and I was in the batting cage. The pitcher was really bad. She had a lot of speed on the ball, but she wasn't accurate at all. So she pitched it and it was coming right at my ankles and since I had about .27 seconds to react, I just moved my front leg out of the way and it hit my back ankle. It hurt but I was like whatever, and I kept batting. The next pitch came right at my ankle again but I couldn't stand on my back one because it hurt still so I couldn't do anything. So it hit me directly on the ball on the outside of my right ankle. I immediately fell and just sat there. I wasn't crying or anything but I moved my sock and looked at my ankle and it was instantly purple and swollen. I made the mistake of touching it and I fainted, haha.

Yeah, if I saw someone famous I'd just leave them alone. I wouldn't be too shy to talk to them, but I just wouldn't want to bother them because they obviously want privacy. Especially if they're with family. I'd never bother them. Haha that guy who was talking to you...you should have punched him. "Excuse me you are at a Mika concert, you do not make fun of him." That's what I would have done.

Agh, I hate when dreams go wrong. I had a different one last night. The Boston Bruins do a charity event every year called the Wives' Carnival and you get to go meet the players and play games with them and stuff. Well I had a dream last night that My friend and I got there and I realized that I'd forgotten the tickets, so we couldn't get in. But I went today, tickets and all, and had an awesome time. So hopefully the Mika dreams are opposite too!

(I got to play Dance Dance Revolution with Phil Kessel :naughty: )

Yeah I think it's gonna be a while before I start to top your posts...That's gonna be a task. But for now I'll just keep building up. I'll get there sooner or later.

There could be fake blood used in your photo shoots though. :wink2: I had blood tests done to see if everything was okay and to see what I was allergic too and why I was tired all the time. Everyone though I was anemic. I'm okay now, still tired, allergic to my cat, and with the dizzy/faint feeling I normally get it now when I get really nervous.

Oh wow, I'm sorry but that's too priceless that you say something random before you go down. "I think I forgot to wash the dishes" *passes out* When I feel like I'm going to go down I drink water quickly or sit down/grab a hold of something and breath. If I'm with someone I tell them too just so that if it does happen it won't be such a shock. Please don't faint at the gig even if I happen to be taping. :wink2: You bet I'd be one of the ones that would be uncomfortable. One of my friends face planted on the pavement when he passed out. Thank goodness I was with another friend because I was so scare because he didn't snap out of it right away and then he was acting really weird after.

The baseball accident..... oooouch. :boxed: I've learned my lesson to not throw snowballs with a pitcher. They can throw pretty hard and darn fast.

I don't know what was with that guy. It was right when Mika had come out and everyone surrounded him when that guy walked up to me. Who CARES if an artist only goes by one name. :mf_rosetinted: I sure don't and I don't think anyone is "big" or "too good" when they only go by one name either. Pff.

Did you win against him at DDR? I'm horrible at that game!!!! I tried it once three years ago and haven't gotten a chance since.

Well I'm gonna stay away from the fake blood. You can be sure I won't be taking pictures with that stuff! I'd be laid out on the floor.

You feel like that every time you get nervous? Eesh, I'd be nervous about getting nervous! I hope I don't faint at the concert either! Haha I doubt I will though...unless Mika ends up changing his concert around to include fake blood and stuff like that. I sure hope he doesn't!

Haha actually, I did beat him at DDR. I was like "Do they have anything easier than beginner?" And he was like "nope, but we're in the same boat here." So he put it on an easy song and he got all into it and everything and I just laughed the whole time. My friend took a video and like every 3 seconds I just burst out laughing. He was so cute, whenever he jumped he did it really dramatically. Maybe I'll put the video on YouTube...

Uh yeah, fake blood isn't my thing either.

I don't get that way every time I'm nervous, thank goodness. Normally it's just if I get way too nervous it's sort of like a panic attack I guess. It happens more if I don't get enough sleep too. I'm pretty sure you won't have to worry about fake blood at his gigs, unless ya know he goes all death metal and what-not. :roftl: Ticketmaster does have him marked down for rap/hip-hop so maybe he's not that far off from death metal. :wink2::roftl:

I should tell my friend sometime whenever I talk to him that you got to play DDR with someone from the Boston Bruins. He's into the team being from Boston himself. :naughty:

I want to play DDR now. I don't know anyone that has it though so I guess I'm out of luck. :naughty:

Yeah, I looked I think on iTunes or something and Mika was listed as "Underground Rap." It got a good laugh out of me. Because I looked at a picture of him in a costume and I said "Oh yeah, he's got a little gangster in him...definitely."

Haha I've been into the Bruins since I can remember! I've been playing hockey since I was 5 so I've been going to games since about that time. I've been watching the Bruins since before then too. I don't remember ever not watching them. So the Wives' Carnival is so much fun for me. I look up to these guys. Getting to meet them and talk to them just as normal people and have normal conversation with them is like a dream come true. I got to meet a ton of them today. I met Cam Neely today too. That was awesome.

I actually have DDR for Playstation 2. Haha I think I got it as a present. I never play it.

Underground rap.... Mika... Sure. :lmfao:

That's really cool that they have a program like that so people can meet them and talk to them. :original: I wonder how many other teams do something like that. Is Cam Neely from the Boston Bruins too? I'm horrible with sports, and knowing about people in general... which is a good thing for them because they can just walk around and I'll walk right by not knowing who they are and won't hound them for an autograph like some people would. :naughty:

Okay, so how about I bring the PS2 and you bring DDR and we'll have a little party. Oh wait.... who's bringing the tv? :naughty:

Yeah, it's so cool. And it's all for charity too, so I'm helping out a good cause. :thumb_yello:

Cam Neely is one of the Bruins greats. He played for the B's from '86 - '96.

WivesCarnival08012.jpg

And he also appeared in "Dumb and Dumber" as Seabass. :naughty:

medium_NEELY.jpg

Ah crap! I forgot we need a TV! Hm, who can bring it? Who's cool enough for us?

Hahaha I just saw your pics on your myspace and it answered my question. :roftl:

He got to work with Jim Carrey! I like that guy, I think he's funny.

I dunno, who IS cool enough to bring the most important part, the tv. :fisch: Any takers? *waits*

I actually see it the other way. I mean, I like Jim Carrey but I think he's the lucky one. He got to make a movie with one of the biggest baddest hockey players around! I'd kill to do that.

Yeah, any takers? Who's bringing the TV?

*tumbleweed*

I actually see it the other way. I mean, I like Jim Carrey but I think he's the lucky one. He got to make a movie with one of the biggest baddest hockey players around! I'd kill to do that.

Yeah, any takers? Who's bringing the TV?

*tumbleweed*

:roftl: :roftl: That's too funny. Okay how about you get to work with Cam Neely and I'll work with Jim Carrey.

*five more tumbleweeds roll by and crickets chirp*

Hmm... don't all talk at once! :wink2:

Well, I'm all for a trip to Best Buy to touch everything. And then a trip to the art store to play.

Then again throw me in Best Buy for a few days and I'm entertained. I touch EVERYTHING. I can't walk into that store without going to the speaker section and playing with the speakers and subs and turning the volume all the way up. Also I look at every movie and CD they have. And then play some video games or something. I love when they have Guitar Hero or Rock Band, hahaha.

I always head straight for the video game section and eventually end up playing a game for a minute until my parents are ready to leave. I only end up going to Best Buy a couple times a year since the closest one is two hours away.

*Sigh* I want to go back to that art store. It was so big!

I wish I knew how Ticketmaster worked. I went on it for the heck of it and I chose two tickets and it gave me row GG. How does that work! When I bought tickets the best seats that I could find after doing quite a bit of searching was in the next section back in row E and now they're releasing seats that aren't as far back. Wtf. :boxed:

Ticketmaster I'm not too thrilled with you right now. Nope. sign0186.gif

Well I've tried this past week a couple times because I found it funny what was happening. The seat beside mine was on sale... someone must have bought it... then the seat behind that was on sale. Next the seat behind that one, then the seat behind that one was on sale and so on. I couldn't help but watch it and laugh.

I tried for two tickets once and it gave me balcony row V so I figured maybe he had almost sold out... that was until today when the row in front of mine showed up then row GG. :boxed:

I wish I had waited this long to get my tickets... but the thing with that is you NEVER know when tickets are going to sell out or if you'd even get that lucky or get stuck farther in the back that what you would have.

*shakes head* :no:

*Ahem*

*sings*

One of these seats is not like the otherrr... http://www.cinematour.com/picview.php?db=us&id=37113

Which one of them can it beeee?

:roftl:

(Btw, Ticketmaster is now seeing the box seats http://www.cinematour.com/picview.php?db=us&id=37101... except they give a warning that those seats have an obstructed view.

Whaaaat? Those look like amazing seats! I don't see where the obstruction comes from. The people in front of you maybe?

I was about to say, "what are you crazy? Those seats look run down" but then I realized you were talking about the box seats. :roftl:

I was talking to Rilo and she said that maybe if you're over near the end maybe the column gets in the way. I didn't know there's box seats on the balcony too but those ones are up for sale and they also have obstructed views.

I couldn't imagine being in that first box. I'm afraid I'd fall off and onto the stage during the gig.

*Wham!*

"Oh... uh... sorry just dropping in! You guys are doing a great job! Excuse me while I get back to my seat"

*limps away to go find out how to get back up there.*

:lmfao:

Yeah I think I'll stay on the ground thank you very much. I didn't even expect those seats to be open to buy. I thought maybe it would be reserved for friends/family of the band or people from the theatre or well that type of thing. Guess I was wrong.