MIKA in Chicago, IL - House of Blues

dcdeb

It's funny, cos the same thing happened for the last Chicago show. I let him know that Mika was coming and then we both went, but we never saw each other at the show! I guess this time we will have to look harder...

Where did Mika perform at Chicago earlier this year? Was it a big venue?

The Twins

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, some great memories, Megan. Let's hope we get tons of awesome memories again in Feb! :)

Megan, I really didn't go all out in dressing up last time. I did as much as I felt comfortable doing anyway....so this time I'll probably do something similar to last time! You should do what you want though!!!

no!! i dont think i can go anymore, this is terrible! :tears: My parents dont want to take me and there are no other people i know who would want to/be able to go. NO! I only live 20 mins away from chicago! This really bums me out, completely, i was looking forward to this so much! Im gonna cry!!!:tears: :tears: :tears:

no!! i dont think i can go anymore, this is terrible! :tears: My parents dont want to take me and there are no other people i know who would want to/be able to go. NO! I only live 20 mins away from chicago! This really bums me out, completely, i was looking forward to this so much! Im gonna cry!!!:tears: :tears: :tears:

Awww do they know how much it means to you? Maybe this could be a christmas gift... My advice, if it's not completely impossible keep asking and asking... sincerely begging them probably will go a long way. I remember when we were in NYC and Mika was going to perform his surprise gig for us later in the afternoon. I was soooo excited until my mom told me that I shouldn't go because I needed to visit the nyu campus and it didn't seem like there would be enough time. I just really got sooooo sad and eventually she gave in:mf_lustslow:

ive been asking them since thursday. and my mom refuses to take me because she went with me to the last concert and thinks i "should be thankful i went once." I have been so upset tonight, she knows a little bit how i feel, but she won't give in! It's tearing me up inside. I want this so much, but i know i wont be able to.

ive been asking them since thursday. and my mom refuses to take me because she went with me to the last concert and thinks i "should be thankful i went once." I have been so upset tonight, she knows a little bit how i feel, but she won't give in! It's tearing me up inside. I want this so much, but i know i wont be able to.

well, is she willing to let someone else take you? like a friend? If not, keep the faith...things will work out for the best no matter what. You've still got a few days ...just keep positive and a miracle will happen. I'll cross my fingers for ya:thumb_yello:

is noone dressing up crazy anymore?? :bleh: i mean some of you weren't going to in the first place but is anyone going to wear a costume or something?

I'm dressing up!!!! I don't know what yet...or if I'm going to this one...but I'm def dressing up, it's just fun to do, makes me feel like a little kid again

Soooo...was anyone planning to give Mika gifts at the show? Apparently he's getting too many gifts these days....

I wasn't planning on it anyway, but now I feel a little weird about the gift situation:boxed: Like if we give gifts we're overwhelming him...like he's a baby getting to many kisses:roftl: I'll give him the gift of a smile :biggrin2:

I told him in the card I stuck into the book: " Before you, I never knew what it meant to 'smile like you mean it.'...The next time you're in chicago, and you sing the words, "smile like you mean it," know that I'll be in the crowd smiling at my hero."

I'm so mushy:wub2:

I wasn't planning on it anyway, but now I feel a little weird about the gift situation:boxed: Like if we give gifts we're overwhelming him...like he's a baby getting to many kisses:roftl: I'll give him the gift of a smile :biggrin2:

I told him in the card I stuck into the book: " Before you, I never knew what it meant to 'smile like you mean it.'...The next time you're in chicago, and you sing the words, "smile like you mean it," know that I'll be in the crowd smiling at my hero."

AWWW!!! That is so sweet. Hopefully we get to go and we'll be smiling at him to!!! We have finals on tuesday and our Business class is from 9 till 12 and 10 am is stuck in the middle!!! Our mom has to work and said she would order the tickets but we said "We think you can only order the presale tickets online" so basically we're telling everyone to buy them for us. This is all we want for Christmas, for Birthdays, etc.:roftl: We keep telling ourselves we will do anything to get to this concert and we keeps saying that we WILL see Mika!!! Can't wait to see you all there.

As for dressing up, we don't know. We wanted flashing hearts to wear but we don't have credit cards to get them and we also wanted rosettes but again we don't have credit cards.:shocked:

Love Love:wub2:

Meyer Twins

TICKET UPDATE:

Internet Presale Info

Wed, December 12, 2007 10:00 AM CST

US $23.00

*ALL AGES

*House of Blues Chicago is a standing room only venue, all tickets are General Admission unless otherwise stated.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003F88A6A0347B?artistid=1105915&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

(my apologies if this is old news already!)

TICKET UPDATE:

Internet Presale Info

US $23.00

*ALL AGES

*House of Blues Chicago is a standing room only venue, all tickets are General Admission unless otherwise stated.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003F88A6A0347B?artistid=1105915&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

oh hey where'd you come from lol? and where's this info from? Because HOB presale is goin on tomorrow supposadly:boxed:

oh hey where'd you come from lol? and where's this info from? Because HOB presale is goin on tomorrow supposadly:boxed:

I was sniffing around for presale information on San Francisco/LA and came across the Chicago info.

Looks like there's a House of Blues venue presale, a Ticketmaster internet presale, then finally the general for-everybody sale, which is the Dec. 15 one.

They like to make it complicated, don't they? :blink:

I was sniffing around for presale information on San Francisco/LA and came across the Chicago info.

Looks like there's a House of Blues venue presale, a Ticketmaster internet presale, then finally the general for-everybody sale, which is the Dec. 15 one.

They like to make it complicated, don't they? :blink:

ahh I see...well I'll just get em tomorrow:wink2: You know I'm super paranoid lol

YOU GOT IT RIGHT!!!! i WON'T BE GOING TO CHICAGO, BUT I'M GOING TO NYC & PHILADELPHIA.

TICKET UPDATE:

Internet Presale Info

US $23.00

*ALL AGES

THE PRICES ARE NOT BAD AT ALL. I WONDER IF ALL THE SHOWS ARE GOING TO BE STANDING ROOM?

I PERSONALLY PREFER STANDING ROOM; IT FEELS MORE PERSONAL

Dum da da di da di.

The last time he was in Chicago: Do you guys remember his face when he walked out of the club doors to find a long line of fans who loooked like this:shocked: He was so happy! I truly believe he's fond of this city of mine... I'm sooo excited, and I just can't contain it! I want to order some rosettes and possibly some flashing hearts.Februrary is brual out here... :boxed: YEah, it's pretty cold right now and we've got a long winter to go so wear layers!

TICKET UPDATE:

Internet Presale Info

US $23.00

*ALL AGES

We are buying ours tomorrow. :blink: Here is the link with more information.

http://store.hob.com/eventdetail.aspx?event_id=49915

We cannot wait, our cousin will be joining us, we know she loves Mika but just won't say, so she just happened to tag along, haha. She will be ordering the tickets tomorrow at 10.:punk:

And also, we emailed the house of blues and they said, definitely cameras will NOT be alowed in the venue, isn't that sucky!:thumbdown: I am still taking ours.

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

I'm still taking mine too. Usually once you get in with a camera, they never usually do anything but tell you to stop. So I'll just be sneaky about it. Or have my bf do it for me. :D

what if they do a pat down search:shocked: :roftl: and than they feel your pants and realize that you've "crotched" the camera??

Geeeeeese, I just want to be worry free about taking my pics:sneaky2: