MIKA in Seattle, WA at the Showbox SoDo

dcdeb

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dcdeb, I think you posted the wrong address. That is the address for the main Showbox in downtown Seattle. The Showbox SoDo is at 1700 First Avenue South, Seattle. Here is an article about it:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2003834701_showboxsodo15.html

http://www.showboxonline.com/newwebsite/eventrental.html

The SoDo is right next to Qwest Field where the Mariners play baseball.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! I CAN'T believe it! :wub2: :wub2: :blush-anim-cl:

Don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up!!!!

dcdeb, I think you posted the wrong address. That is the address for the main Showbox in downtown Seattle. The Showbox SoDo is at 1700 First Avenue South, Seattle. Here is an article about it:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2003834701_showboxsodo15.html

http://www.showboxonline.com/newwebsite/eventrental.html

The SoDo is right next to Qwest Field where the Mariners play baseball.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! I CAN'T believe it! :wub2: :wub2: :blush-anim-cl:

Don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up!!!!

I AM THERE TOO!

COME TRAVEL WITH ME TO VANCOUVER AFTWARDS!

I AM THERE TOO!

COME TRAVEL WITH ME TO VANCOUVER AFTWARDS!

I will try. I am a single mom and have to make lots of arrangements to leave town.....but it is not *impossible*.....so let me start working on it.

ohhhhhhhhhh.....did I mention that Mika wants to come see me in Seattle for Valentine's Day? <hee hee> *i m living in my own little dream-world and it is such a happy happy place*:blush-anim-cl:

Remember, Don't pinch me.....I do NOT want to wake up!!:shocked:

The Showbox Sodo is now my Myspace friend!! So, I'm getting some invitations:

SHOWBOX SODO LOUNGE HALF OFF HAPPY HOUR

Here is what the Lounge looks like:

SoDoLounge02.jpg

Showbox SoDo Lounge (formerly Fenix, Premier) hosts a HALF OFF HAPPY HOUR Tuesday through Sunday from 4:30pm-8:00pm.

Come and help us break in the new place and get half-off of everything! Get half-off on drafts, bottles, burgers, appetizers, salads, whiskey, tequila, vodka and much more!

A perfect spot for after-work get-togethers or a great place for dinner.

Ask how you can book your private events here!

http://www.showboxonline.com

Showbox SODO Lounge

1700 First Avenue South

Seattle, WA

The Showbox Sodo is now my Myspace friend!! So, I'm getting some invitations:

SHOWBOX SODO LOUNGE HALF OFF HAPPY HOUR

Here is what the Lounge looks like:

SoDoLounge02.jpg

Showbox SoDo Lounge (formerly Fenix, Premier) hosts a HALF OFF HAPPY HOUR Tuesday through Sunday from 4:30pm-8:00pm.

Come and help us break in the new place and get half-off of everything! Get half-off on drafts, bottles, burgers, appetizers, salads, whiskey, tequila, vodka and much more!

A perfect spot for after-work get-togethers or a great place for dinner.

Ask how you can book your private events here!

http://www.showboxonline.com

Showbox SODO Lounge

1700 First Avenue South

Seattle, WA

lilmot, how many people do you think this holds?

lilmot, how many people do you think this holds?

This is just a lounge which is open separately from the venue. The venue itself says it holds 1500 people, general admission. It is one of the largest "clubs" in Seattle, that is not an arena, or so they say.

I will try to get more photos of the stage area.

Weird, I just had my first dream about seeing Mika in concert. It was at a school auditorium with about 150 people. He was singing a whole lot of new songs. I kept trying to listen really intently because I wanted to remember all of the new songs. He sang six new songs, and two old ones.

The audience was really restless in the dream. They were all sitting down in stackable chairs and they kept getting up to leave and then coming back. In the dream I kept having to go to the bathroom myself...it was like everyone REALLY wanted to stay and see the concert but we were restless zombies. :blink: Also, I kept trying to watch Mika but it was so difficult because of extremely bright lights shining in our faces. The light was so bright that it made tears pour down my face. At one point in the concert I saw Mika give me a look like, "wtf, why is she crying to this very happy song?" It was a very strong dream because I remember so many strange details. I awoke and felt like this.....:shocked::blink::wub2::roftl::naughty:

Weird, I just had my first dream about seeing Mika in concert. It was at a school auditorium with about 150 people. He was singing a whole lot of new songs. I kept trying to listen really intently because I wanted to remember all of the new songs. He sang six new songs, and two old ones.

The audience was really restless in the dream. They were all sitting down in stackable chairs and they kept getting up to leave and then coming back. In the dream I kept having to go to the bathroom myself...it was like everyone REALLY wanted to stay and see the concert but we were restless zombies. :blink: Also, I kept trying to watch Mika but it was so difficult because of extremely bright lights shining in our faces. The light was so bright that it made tears pour down my face. At one point in the concert I saw Mika give me a look like, "wtf, why is she crying to this very happy song?" It was a very strong dream because I remember so many strange details. I awoke and felt like this.....:shocked::blink::wub2::roftl::naughty:

I haven't had a MIKA dream really yet,although my bf has! he loves his music so much! he dreams all his music! He is so excited about this coming up!

How was your experience when you firt Heard MIKA's music??? Have you seen him in concert yet? you see I have not ,,,,so this time is extra special to me..a spiritual time actually....:)

I haven't had a MIKA dream really yet,although my bf has! he loves his music so much! he dreams all his music! He is so excited about this coming up!

How was your experience when you firt Heard MIKA's music??? Have you seen him in concert yet? you see I have not ,,,,so this time is extra special to me..a spiritual time actually....:)

No, I have never seen him in concert. I felt like it might be twenty years before I did see him (bit of a pessimist I guess), and even now, I won't actually believe it until after it is over and I am no longer in shock.

I was searching You Tube when day when I clicked on a wrong button and started to watch the Grace Kelly video. I went to turn it off, but I was fascinated, fixated....I couldn't turn it off. He reminded me of an old boyfriend that my sister once had. I watched Grace Kelly three times and then started my google search. It first led me to Wikipedia which I read diligently, then on My Space, in which I had to create a myspace for myself solely for the purpose of Mika, since I hated myspace before that, and then finally to the MFC (all in one day of course). I've listened to his music everyday since that day. I have never been a true "fan" of any person before and it feels rather strange....being a fan is truly not my cup of tea, so to speak. It goes against everything I am, and yet, inexplicable, I can't help it with Mika. I want to hear his music, I want to support him in any way that I can so that he will continue to write and make music for as long as I live. I don't really need to meet him, do NOT want my photo with him, do NOT want his signature, I do not want to impose myself in any way on his life.....I only want to support him in the most anonymous way possible, to make sure he continues his brilliant career. Yeah, not much of a true fan....but I will die to be in the audience about 3-5 rows back from the stage taking it all in LIVE. I only hope it will truly happen. And btw, in the meantime, I love the comraderie of the MFC and I love the other people who love Mika, they all seem so special and endearing....so that part of being a fan is okay with me. :blush-anim-cl:

No, I have never seen him in concert. I felt like it might be twenty years before I did see him (bit of a pessimist I guess), and even now, I won't actually believe it until after it is over and I am no longer in shock.

I was searching You Tube when day when I clicked on a wrong button and started to watch the Grace Kelly video. I went to turn it off, but I was fascinated, fixated....I couldn't turn it off. He reminded me of an old boyfriend that my sister once had. I watched Grace Kelly three times and then started my google search. It first led me to Wikipedia which I read diligently, then on My Space, in which I had to create a myspace for myself solely for the purpose of Mika, since I hated myspace before that, and then finally to the MFC (all in one day of course). I've listened to his music everyday since that day. I have never been a true "fan" of any person before and it feels rather strange....being a fan is truly not my cup of tea, so to speak. It goes against everything I am, and yet, inexplicable, I can't help it with Mika. I want to hear his music, I want to support him in any way that I can so that he will continue to write and make music for as long as I live. I don't really need to meet him, do NOT want my photo with him, do NOT want his signature, I do not want to impose myself in any way on his life.....I only want to support him in the most anonymous way possible, to make sure he continues his brilliant career. Yeah, not much of a true fan....but I will die to be in the audience about 3-5 rows back from the stage taking it all in LIVE. I only hope it will truly happen. And btw, in the meantime, I love the comraderie of the MFC and I love the other people who love Mika, they all seem so special and endearing....so that part of being a fan is okay with me. :blush-anim-cl:

I know how you feel! I won't be one the screaming mmeemeees, I will be singing along with the music of course. I do want to meet him..but on a level of musicianship as I am a pianist, singer and composer myself and I want to watch how he works, what makes him tick. His music vibrates deep in my soul and I love studying his musical structure . I support him as well..and part of the reason why ( selfish maybe) is that he reminds me of myself.

He said something in his DVD that floored me and Ritchie heard it too and also was flabbergasted! Mika has "it" and that "it" is what I have been searching for over 30 years. and I am 35 now. Somehow I predicted this was all going to happen. I never even heard of MIKA in February but I said "the only way music is going to change is that it has to involve the world and its coming, I dont' know what it is but its coming" And I was right...I sensed this.

I have been studying music since I was 10 years old and started learning how to compose or rather I started composing in 2002 and MIKA has made me compose more and more as he has inspired me to become a better musician. My piano teacher has noticed changes in me and she loves MIKA now too! I first heard his whole album in July and I was floored by how catchy and beautiful the songs are! When I first heard Any Other World, I fell off my chair and started to scream and shake and convulse, Ritchie was in the room and he felt a shock go up his arm. Same with Over My Shoulder and Happy Ending. I was running around the apartment , going "WHAT THE &)*)* IS THIS?????????" It also happened when I heard his opera piece when he was younger! I started to scream gibberish. I know I sound looney but music rarley does this to me and the last time something has really done that to me is when I performed Rachmininov's Variations on a Theme by Pagannini in 1988 and when our choir Performed Karl Orff's Carmina Bourana in 2002.

MIKA is special....beyond words...

He said something in his DVD that floored me and Ritchie heard it too and also was flabbergasted! Mika has "it" and that "it" is what I have been searching for over 30 years.

Music can speak directly to our souls. But I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "it". I saw the DVD several times, are you talking something specific from the video....or are you talking about spiritual heights?

Music can speak directly to our souls. But I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "it". I saw the DVD several times, are you talking something specific from the video....or are you talking about spiritual heights?

spiritual heights!!!

Anyone know where the advertising for this concert is going on? Its not on Ticketmaster or anywhere yet????

vancouver's and Toronto's are already either Tickets have began to sell

or are listed or going to be!

I want to see more people at Seattle!

anyone have any good ideas how we can promote it??

Suzanne

I can't think of a better way to show my man my undying love than by dragging him to a Mika concert on Valentine's Day. :naughty:

Who am I kidding, my honey will have a blast. The Showbox is a great choice, and I won't have to board a plane to get there. I can't wait!

I better get myself a flashing heart necklace.

I can't think of a better way to show my man my undying love than by dragging him to a Mika concert on Valentine's Day. :naughty:

Who am I kidding, my honey will have a blast. The Showbox is a great choice, and I won't have to board a plane to get there. I can't wait!

I can get some for you if you want!

Hey DaMango, glad to see you on the list for Mika in Seattle. I was starting to worry that all of Mika's Seattle fans had deserted him! I am bringing Mika rosettes and Mika buttons for all of the MFCers going to Seattle. Since it is Valentine's Day, I think the flashing heart would be more than appropriate too.

OH, I'm so excited!!!! :bleh:

Hey DaMango, glad to see you on the list for Mika in Seattle. I was starting to worry that all of Mika's Seattle fans had deserted him! I am bringing Mika rosettes and Mika buttons for all of the MFCers going to Seattle. Since it is Valentine's Day, I think the flashing heart would be more than appropriate too.

OH, I'm so excited!!!! :bleh:

oh save me a rosette! how soon should we line up at the Club????

oh save me a rosette! how soon should we line up at the Club????

A rosette is yours, and I think we don't have to line up too early. If the show starts at 8pm I don't think there will be a line untl 6pm at the earliest...but who knows? Lets meet before that, but someplace rather close to the SoDo, maybe we can keep checking it. What time of the day will you be able to arrive?

lillmot! I see it saying 7:00 at other sites

we better get this right:)

Thanks by the way

I can get in Seattle around 3:oopm

I just saw the ticketmaster site.....woot woot! I was so sure they were going to cancel before they even started selling tickets. It says 7pm....the doors open???? So, we should meet around 3pm when you get into town. I will plan to be there around the same time, if not a bit before. How are you getting to Seattle?

I just saw the ticketmaster site.....woot woot! I was so sure they were going to cancel before they even started selling tickets. It says 7pm....the doors open???? So, we should meet around 3pm when you get into town. I will plan to be there around the same time, if not a bit before. How are you getting to Seattle?

By the Clipper.

this is ze plan.

Ritch and I are going to get up somewhat early and walk slowly to the Clipper

Berth at the harbour in Victoria and then catch the Clipper to down town Seattle and then go to the hotel ( part of the package) and then see what happens after that. I might go to Pike Street and pick up Lunch for the next day when we go back to Vancouver by Amtrak. its a whirlwind visit ..but hey I'll have fun! Plan to get stocked up on smoked salmon.,mmmmm