London Accomodation Ideas 24/25 Feb

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, I have a silly question, usually the gigs end late, do you use taxis to come back to hotels of hostels where you booked?

ciao sarina, i welcome you back here as i haven't done it yet on the italian thread...sorry!

i can speak for me and my mates at battersea travelodge...yes, we will take a taxi, considering also that we have wendi and her wheelchair with us.

where are you going? to the hostel you too?

ciao sarina, i welcome you back here as i haven't done it yet on the italian thread...sorry!

i can speak for me and my mates at battersea travelodge...yes, we will take a taxi, considering also that we have wendi and her wheelchair with us.

where are you going? to the hostel you too?

Thank you for the welcome-back Robertina :thumb_yello:

Well...honestly I've never been in a hostel before and I don't like them very much...the problem is that, If I'll be able to go to 25th gig, I'll be alone and I'd like to stay near hammersmith as mush as possible...but I found only expensive hotels there...this is why I was looking for something cheaper..but everything is far from hammersmith...quite a problem :boxed:

Thank you for the welcome-back Robertina :thumb_yello:

Well...honestly I've never been in a hostel before and I don't like them very much...the problem is that, If I'll be able to go to 25th gig, I'll be alone and I'd like to stay near hammersmith as mush as possible...but I found only expensive hotels there...this is why I was looking for something cheaper..but everything is far from hammersmith...quite a problem :boxed:

i thought you were going with dani and elly...:blink: haven't they found a ticket for the 25th yet?

anyway

we have booked triple rooms at travelodge battersea

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/43/LondonBattersea

a room is 49 pounds (double or triple) but we found out that booking one night per time it costs only 29! :shocked: need to check anyway..we are not sure 100%!

we will use taxi a lot, but we are a good bunch, so it will cost little.

this hotel is half way between hammersmith and brixton, and you can use the tube from clapham junction..

just for your info....ask me more or phone me if you want!

i thought you were going with dani and elly...:blink: haven't they found a ticket for the 25th yet?

anyway

we have booked triple rooms at travelodge battersea

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/43/LondonBattersea

a room is 49 pounds (double or triple) but we found out that booking one night per time it costs only 29! :shocked: need to check anyway..we are not sure 100%!

we will use taxi a lot, but we are a good bunch, so it will cost little.

this hotel is half way between hammersmith and brixton, and you can use the tube from clapham junction..

just for your info....ask me more or phone me if you want!

Yes, of course, Dani and Elly come on 26th and stay till 29th.

I can't, so I think to come on 25th till 27th.

Thank you for the info!

But I have another question (sorry...!) about the tube....does it work only till 00 AM or all night?I can't remember...I went there long time ago!

Thanks!

Yes, of course, Dani and Elly come on 26th and stay till 29th.

I can't, so I think to come on 25th till 27th.

Thank you for the info!

But I have another question (sorry...!) about the tube....does it work only till 00 AM or all night?I can't remember...I went there long time ago!

Thanks!

allegra is very well informed!:naughty:

i think it's closed from 00.30 am...but better ask a londoner!

yup, tube closes around midnight, but there are night buses every half an hour and 24-hour-buses every 10 minutes. :wink2: just make sure that the hotel/hostel is close to such a bus line.

Thank you Mellody, I saw the link of the hostel you booked in...is it near bus and tube?Because it seems nice!

me and Barunka are going to the Brixton gigs and looking at this hostel to book, it seems really nice and has good reviews! its about a 20min tube from brixton but seems a simple enough journey!

It is called Ace Hotel. Have a look if u r stuck for accomodation!

Liz x x x

Looks nice !!!!:wub2:

How much is it for a night ?

me and Barunka are going to the Brixton gigs and looking at this hostel to book, it seems really nice and has good reviews! its about a 20min tube from brixton but seems a simple enough journey!

Liz x x x

Seems nice!

Quote:

Looks nice !!!!

How much is it for a night ?

Dbl Bed Private Ensuite 97 euros

Twin Private Shared Bathroom 47

Twin Private Ensuite 54

3 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite 50

4 Bed Mixed Dorm 40

4 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite 46

6 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite 43

6 Bed Mixed Dorm 37

8 Bed Mixed Dorm 32

Price for 1 person, for 1 night.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Mellody, I saw the link of the hostel you booked in...is it near bus and tube?Because it seems nice!

sorry just saw your post. yes it's near the tube station gloucester road, i'm sure there also night buses nearby. :wink2:

Liz x x x

yup, that's the one i've been staying at for the december concert(s) - it's a brilliant place! i'd have booked it again, but the cheap 8-bed-dorm was booked up already for the 27th and 28th. so i went for meininger instead, which seems equally nice and still had cheap dorm beds available. ace hotel is only 3 bus stations from hammersmith (you can even walk, takes about 15 minutes) and also near the tube.

sorry just saw your post. yes it's near the tube station gloucester road, i'm sure there also night buses nearby. :wink2:

Thank you for the info Mellody!

yup, that's the one i've been staying at for the december concert(s) - it's a brilliant place! i'd have booked it again, but the cheap 8-bed-dorm was booked up already for the 27th and 28th. so i went for meininger instead, which seems equally nice and still had cheap dorm beds available. ace hotel is only 3 bus stations from hammersmith (you can even walk, takes about 15 minutes) and also near the tube.

This is Nice too!

Anyway, I'm looking for a girl (or a group, doesn't matter) who wants to share a room for the 25th date in a hostel.Is there anybody?

Ace Hotel seems really nice

Also the meininger hostel that Mellody says

Or, anybody found an hotel near Hammersmith and booked there?

:thumb_yello:

Thank you for the info Mellody!

This is Nice too!

Anyway, I'm looking for a girl (or a group, doesn't matter) who wants to share a room for the 25th date in a hostel.Is there anybody?

Ace Hotel seems really nice

Also the meininger hostel that Mellody says

Or, anybody found an hotel near Hammersmith and booked there?

:thumb_yello:

Hey,

I am just about to book a room in the Royal guest house 2, which is in Hammersmith, I was going to book a single but wld be much cheaper booking a twin room, it would be £28.50 each for the night! If you are interested pm me asap! I will leave it a bit until i book in case u r interested!

Hey,

I am just about to book a room in the Royal guest house 2, which is in Hammersmith, I was going to book a single but wld be much cheaper booking a twin room, it would be £28.50 each for the night! If you are interested pm me asap! I will leave it a bit until i book in case u r interested!

I replied you back :wink2:

Meininger looks very nice on the websites I found! And it's only £13 a night? Hmm... might consider that...

oh yeah blue, come to meininger and bring your fluff thing! :wub2::naughty:

... oops, maybe i shouldn't have said this, guess i just gave you a good reason NOT to go there. :shocked: but well, as long as you don't leave it lying around openly, you don't have to worry, i won't go searching your luggage for it! :naughty:

now scherz beiseite, would love to see you there. :wink2: