Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

Oh, and I forgot to touch down on the 'family' thing. *DOH!*

I don't see why there was a big fuss when I tried to point out who Fortuné was in the 'Grace Kelly' video. If memory serves me, the thread got closed or something? I don't know. I didn't start it, and I forget who did. But if it's in a public video, obviously millions of people have seen it, so it's not really a "private" subject, is it?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked: Such a fantastic thought..

I think everyone here probably either doesn't want to face that he might be gay, or face that they'll never date or marry or be 'close' to him.

Well I don't find any other explaination to all this fuss... I'm sorry to say but why would girls get hurt or shocked or whatever if we learned he was gay unless they have some little hope they might one day seduce him?

Face the facts ladies... ;)

Didn't he make a comment once when someone asked if he was gay, like "I wrote a song about a gay man who had an affair. What do you think?"

He has brushed aside suggestions that he is steering clear of sexual taboos in order to appeal to the American market, pointing to the song "Billy Brown", which is about a man who has a homosexual affair. He is quoted as saying, "If I was worried about sexual taboos I certainly wouldn't have made the record I made. It has nothing to do with that. It has more to do with self-respect."

That is the right story.:thumb_yello:

Take care.:bleh:

I'm gonna PM you something in a second. You don't have to reply to it, because I think my inbox is full, but just say on here whether you agree with me or not.

Oh sorry, just read that :bleh:

I agree with you.. I'm beginning to think he isn't straight, but that's fine with me:mf_rosetinted: :thumb_yello:

Of course the last thing I want to do is accept that..

Perez hilton's goal is to reveal gay artists who don't say they are!! So, he said that Wentworth Miller is gay (he is probably in the wrong)... So, I think if Mika is gay he would say it a long time ago!!!! Before their friendship!....

But it's just my thought!

But what if Perez likes Mika? Obviously Perez likes to tease with him, but I mean... if I was falling for a guy who was pretending to be gay for his career, and he told me not to tell that he was straight, I wouldn't, because I wouldn't want to do anything to upset him because I had a massive crush on him.

Oh sorry, just read that :bleh:

I agree with you.. I'm beginning to think he isn't straight, but that's fine with me:mf_rosetinted: :thumb_yello:

Of course the last thing I want to do is accept that..

Don't worry, I guess my inbox wasn't as full as I thought it was.:naughty:

This is a touchy subject and maybe this was the right time to speak openly about all this. Good initiative :thumb_yello: As I said earlier curiosity is human and I understand that new members want to find out more about M. Sooooo, my personal opinion is:

1) On the sexuality issue: the fact is that WE DONT KNOW, so why should we keep discuss it over and over again? Do we lack imagination that much?

2) About his family... Yasmine worked with him on LICM, Allegra sang with him on stage, this is public. But when it comes to posting pics that were taken on Fortuné's facebook I think this is going a bit too far... my personal opinion. I don't think Mika would appreciate.

3) Does he have a drivers licence and that kind of questions are totally innocent and Mika provokes them contradicting himself in interviews. People need to realize that he makes a lot of things up when answering journalists questions, he admitted him himself, so I think we shouldn't take what he says too seriously ;)

Niki, I couldn't have said it better. Why keep on discussing over and over again? I just don't see the point in it...

Does anybody else get the feeling that people don't want to face facts that he might be gay?

People seem to be oblivious and happy, because deep down, alot of you (and probably me, a tiny bit) still think of him as ours.

And you have to admit it's a little suspicious that he hangs out with / is compared to alot of gay people. Beth Ditto, Perez Hilton, Alan Cumming, etc. And the song 'Billy Brown' isn't autobiographical, but still..............

meepmeep.

Edit: Also, it is a possibility that he's NOT gay, but since it's well-known how big he is in the gay music scene, maybe he's afraid of losing fans. On both sides of the fence.

I think it rather is a general (let's call it) "problem" of our society as a whole that people "expect" people to be straight, which is in my opinion, quite sad. Why label someone? Everytime I get engaged in a discussion with "intolerant" people (put it into brackets because it's not something which should be TOLERATED, my English just isn't good enough to find the right expression...) it kind of makes me sad. Some people just aren't willing to accept that there are other ways of living than what THEY thing should be (=the social NORM, btw, what's a norm?).

Rant over. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, and as for your several options of what he might be...he (and not only he, but ALL OF US, everyone!) can be anything he likes (or is). No one should be labled.

And for that reason I think that discussing his sexuality all the time is just pointless.

As for the fact that fans dropped presents at his door when he was sick in London...hmmm...I agree with Bonjourmika that he seemed to be quite relaxed when telling it. However, I was quite shocked when I heard him saying it. Personally, I consider it a bit too much of an intrusion in Mika's privacy.

All of this is just my opinion. :mf_rosetinted:

He has brushed aside suggestions that he is steering clear of sexual taboos in order to appeal to the American market, pointing to the song "Billy Brown", which is about a man who has a homosexual affair. He is quoted as saying, "If I was worried about sexual taboos I certainly wouldn't have made the record I made. It has nothing to do with that. It has more to do with self-respect."

That is the right story.:thumb_yello:

Take care.:bleh:

No, but he REALLY made the remark once about Billy Brown and he goes "what do you think?"

It was probably deleted because it caused too much controversy. Why would I lie about Mika being gay?

But what if Perez likes Mika? Obviously Perez likes to tease with him, but I mean... if I was falling for a guy who was pretending to be gay for his career, and he told me not to tell that he was straight, I wouldn't, because I wouldn't want to do anything to upset him because I had a massive crush on him.

He was never pretending to be gay! People (especially journalists) say that, he prefer to ignore the question! Because it's not important for him, the real affair deals with his music. And I think he is right.:mf_rosetinted:

As for the fact that fans dropped presents at his door when he was sick in London...hmmm...I agree with Bonjourmika that he seemed to be quite relaxed when telling it. However, I was quite shocked when I heard him saying it. Personally, I consider it a bit too much of an intrusion in Mika's privacy.

I didn't even know London fans dropped things at his door. Is there a video of him addressing the event?

And yes, I think that may have been a bit... much. I'd be creeped out of someone dropped things at my door. I imagine he has to know that people have figured out where he lives by now, but still.

I've been trying to get some of these points through since february, quite refreshing to see others discuss it for once :mf_rosetinted: As I've already said my opinion numerous times, I'll just lean back for now and see how it develops :mf_rosetinted:

Oh that's nice... so much secrecy in a thread about freespeech :)

Spill it girls! No need to PM!

If we told you we'd have to kill you.:mf_rosetinted:

Too many people would be heart broken if they found out what I told her.

I'd like to reply to this fully, because I agree

with you on many points... but it's dinner time, so I have

to be brief :)

I do just want to say, though, that when I close a thread or

moderate in a thread that's controversial, it's

because I believe that I'm supposed to -- that as a moderator

it's my job to maintain certain standards on the forums.

If I'm doing something I'm NOT supposed to do, I expect

that deano will tell me -- if for example, it's OK to talk

about Mika's sexuality, then all deano has to do is say that

to me and I'll step back. I don't close the threads because

of any personal agenda. (If that was the case then I'd

probably have closed a lot of other threads! :naughty: )

So... yes, let's have a discussion about this... although, as a

long-timer here, I think we've even had *this* discussion

before, and if I had time I'd search for it.

OK, dinner's ready... I'll be eager to read what's on

your minds when I get back! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

did I get that right then Deb, that you prefer dinner to closing threads?:bleh::roftl:

Anyway I'm way too tired for any intelligent comments so this was the only thing I could come up with- good night everyone

Or maybe, he just evades that question because there are TONS of people thata re straight, bi, homosexual and for respect to them he evades it, in Billy Brown he could have wrote it because he in some way is like "i respect you and I don't have anything against you" or whatever, mayeb he is maybe he isn't. Yes. I'm a silly person because I don't want to face the fact he might be, I might have the slightest hope to met him or have him to be in love with me...but that's way impossible, so I think they are many faces in the coin, he can be, he might not be, he write songs because he respects them or because he is one...*sighs*

Did he really? :blink:

Wow.. now that we talk about it the clues seem to be coming together...

:shocked: Such a fantastic thought..

I think everyone here probably either doesn't want to face that he might be gay, or face that they'll never date or marry or be 'close' to him.

That's true.

I think the gay boys (like David) are less aprehensive about talking about Mika being gay, not because they secretly think they'll have a chance with him, but because it's not as big of a deal to them as it seems to be to everyone else.

And I think even I, deep down somewhere (even though I make jokes about marry him) really would be SLIGHTLY, and I repeat SLIGHTLY crushed. Not because I genuinely think I'm going to marry him, but because like.... I don't know. I guess even if I lived in my little playland with him and Hollis as roommates, he'd still be the roommate I hope doesn't walk in on me naked or see me dancing around my room, because I like him too much.

That's so true :) Most people want to marry him lol...including myself. And that's ok to be all dreamy and stuff as long as it doesn't interfere with reality. I've learned to be more calm about these things too.

However, I always stand for the issue that he could easily date one of us here...There are plenty of smart, fun, talented girls and boys that I'm sure he is capable of falling for. It's obviously up to him:mf_rosetinted: But yes, I think it's safe to say that most will never know that side of him. And that's ok...We have to accept that.

I repeat myself but it's important for me!!!

Perez hilton's goal is to reveal gay artists who don't say they are!! So, he said that Wentworth Miller is gay (he is probably in the wrong)... So, I think if Mika is gay he would say it a long time ago!!!! Before their friendship!....

He was never pretending to be gay! People (especially journalists) say that, he prefer to ignore the question! Because it's not important for him, the real affair deals with his music. And I think he is right.:mf_rosetinted:

That would be a bit naïve of Mika to think that people wouldn't talk about his sexuality if he wasn't up-front about it.

No, but he REALLY made the remark once about Billy Brown and he goes "what do you think?"

It was probably deleted because it caused too much controversy. Why would I lie about Mika being gay?

He didn't say that, actually. It was taken out of context. The original question asked if he was avoiding sexual TABOOS, not avoiding singing about his own sexuality. Then he goes on to say that he wrote a song about a man having a gay affair, and then "What do you think?" basically saying that he isn't avoiding sexual taboos. Some media article took just bits of the original interview and pasted them together.

On the "would you be crushed or not?!" question, I most definitely would not be crushed if Mika came out to the public saying he was gay. If anything, I would be a bit crushed about him being straight. :blink:

I didn't even know London fans dropped things at his door. Is there a video of him addressing the event?

And yes, I think that may have been a bit... much. I'd be creeped out of someone dropped things at my door. I imagine he has to know that people have figured out where he lives by now, but still.

He mentioned it in the Radio 1 Live Longe interview on December 12.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11222

"I like rainbows, but I'm not gay. So I wear a shirt with a rainbow on it, but then at the bottom I gotta but 'NOT GAY.' But I'm not against people, so under that I gotta put 'but supportive.' I just think it's weird that one group of people TOOK refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays."

-Demetri Martin.

I repeat myself but it's important for me!!!

Well he did :mf_rosetinted:

Oh no, you've found out he's human? :tears:

Shhhh! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE!

omg. life ruiner!

He mentioned it in the Radio 1 Live Longe interview on December 12.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11222

Thanks doll. :huglove:

I couldn't be a stalker. I don't pay enough attention to things outside my own little world. Plus, I'm lazy and very undedicated.

Aren't most of Mika's songs based on his life and his experiences?

So I'm wondering, where does Mika get the inspiration(spelling? haha) to write something like Billy Brown?

I'm going to be candid and say that I don't entirely believe that Billy Brown has nothing to do with him. I don't think that he IS Billy Brown, but I think that he has used a bit of "him" in it. Maybe it was a way of writing about his own sexual frustrations by the way of a story?