Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but he REALLY made the remark once about Billy Brown and he goes "what do you think?"

It was probably deleted because it caused too much controversy. Why would I lie about Mika being gay?

Yeah, excuse me, I don't want to hurt you. But I really think that Mika is not gay! Not because I dream some fairytales as a Mikadmirer, but nothing leads to think that!... At least, until he says us.

nonetheless, I've a thought-provoking interview:

"I never talk about anything to do with my sexuality. I just don't think I need to. People ask me all the time. But I just don't see the point." The quote continues, "In order to survive I've kind of shut up different parts of my life, and that's one of them, especially this early in my career."

I'm going to be candid and say that I don't entirely believe that Billy Brown has nothing to do with him. I don't think that he IS Billy Brown, but I think that he has used a bit of "him" in it. Maybe it was a way of writing about his own sexual frustrations by the way of a story?

Also, he could be post-gay.

Does that make sense?

Maybe he went through that little phase that alot of teens go through. Like... okay, if you have a lesbian dream, or catch yourself staring at another girl's massive boobs. And you're like "...Maybe I'm gay." Maybe he went through a phase of experimentation, and decided he wasn't gay after all.

not all the song-writes talk about themselves...for example, bon jovi and robbie williams sometimes go to bars and talk to people, and they take some stories, robbie williams in a song he says "am I straight or gay?", they don't have to talk about them necessarily, he might have a friend, familiar or something and that's were he got the idea to write Billy Brown

Does that make sense?

Maybe he went through that little phase that alot of teens go through. Like... okay, if you have a lesbian dream, or catch yourself staring at another girl's massive boobs. And you're like "...Maybe I'm gay." Maybe he went through a phase of experimentation, and decided he wasn't gay after all.

That could deffinently be the case. If Billy Brown if about him, it's not necessarily about his whole entire life, maybe like you said just a phase. Did he ever release when he wrote the song? Maybe he wrote it when he was questioning his own sexuality.

That could deffinently be the case. If Billy Brown if about him, it's not necessarily about his whole entire life, maybe like you said just a phase. Did he ever release when he wrote the song? Maybe he wrote it when he was questioning his own sexuality.

I have no idea, actually. Someone on here is probably smarter than I am when it comes to dates of recording.

I have no idea, actually. Someone on here is probably smarter than I am when it comes to dates of recording.

Just don't ask Mika, he still claims it's a year ago he sent it to the record company :naughty:

Does that make sense?

I really don't think so. I understand the "post-gay" concept and I know that it happens, as I was just watching Tyra the other day when she had transvestites, and one of them was living a homosexual life, but said that he/she wasn't planning on dying gay.

I don't think that Mika fits in that category, though. In my opinion, he is most definitely gay and is certain in this, because he has stated before that he is not confused, and also that he was solid in his identity since the age of about seven.

not all the song-writes talk about themselves...for example, bon jovi and robbie williams sometimes go to bars and talk to people, and they take some stories, robbie williams in a song he says "am I straight or gay?", they don't have to talk about them necessarily, he might have a friend, familiar or something and that's were he got the idea to write Billy Brown

Yeah. I believe Mika when he says that he is not Billy Brown, just because he seems very sincere, but I also think that he has added his elements to it.

I really don't think so. I understand the "post-gay" concept and I know that it happens, as I was just watching Tyra the other day when she had transvestites, and one of them was living a homosexual life, but said that he/she wasn't planning on dying gay.

I don't think that Mika fits in that category, though. In my opinion, he is most definitely gay and is certain in this, because he has stated before that he is not confused, and also that he was solid in his identity since the age of about seven.

WHAT IF... he's a reverse Billy Brown? What if he was gay throughout his childhood/early teens, then temporarily thought he was straight, did some investigation (Mika, if you're reading this, stop laughing your gay little curls off.:sneaky2: ) and was like "NOPE, still gay."

Sarie, I remember you posted something about the thread you made about Fortune being in GK, and I find it odd how they closed that? It's nothing personal, Mika actually made the video for us?

Yea. I just don't know if I'm still allowed to talk about it or not?

So there's been a bit of back and forth lately regarding what we can and cannot discuss on this site about Mika's life outside of the music. There are quite a few subtle, vaguely defined "rules" that are agreed to be understood, but aren't specifically spelled out.

His sexuality is one area that this pertains to. There always has been an "I don't care" position on his sexuality; most people on here agree with that, which I take to mean that regardless of his sexual orientation, it wouldn’t affect their appreciation for his music.

That said, not being affected by his sexual orientation in terms of enjoying his music doesn't necessarily mean people aren't curious about it. And so the topic comes up every now and again, and usually causes a bit of a commotion. Someone asks a question, and someone else gets offended that the topic was dredged up yet again.

So instead of tiptoeing around the issue, I thought it’s time we stop walking on eggshells and have a good solid discussion, and get some thoughts, opinions and feedback out in the open.

Mika has said two things: that he likes to keep his private life private, and that he doesn’t like to talk about his sexuality. But – does that mean WE should refrain from talking about his sexuality? On one hand, we could argue that since he prefers not to talk about it, neither should we. Conversely, we could argue that he appears on the covers of magazines like “Out” and seems friendly with Perez Hilton who called him “Gay Gay Gay” ages ago – therefore, it doesn’t matter if WE discuss it, just that Mika HIMSELF doesn’t want to discuss it.

There are other aspects to this besides his sexuality. What about other things that aren’t about the music that are pure speculation – say, musing about whether he eats meat and why he doesn’t have a driver’s license? Or whether he’d ever date a backup dancer?

What about his family? Do we not talk about them, period? Are there different rules regarding DaWack as compared to his other family members, as she took part in the LICM project? Can we post their photos if they are present at public appearances? Someone once said they were nervous about posting a picture of Mika’s old music teacher Alla, despite the fact that the pic in question was a professional shot taken in relation to her career in music. What about contact? He said during an interview with Radio 1 that he had fans leave gifts at his house. What do people think about that?

I realize this might be rather out there and blunt - and that I might get flamed for starting this - but it seems like the “personal life” protocol as it stands now is a bit of a game of Whack-A-Mole. A controversial thread pops up, and the moderators whack it back down, (as they rightfully should if something inappropriate is being discussed). But then another pops up. And another whack. If I were a mod, I’d be a bit unsure a lot of the time exactly where the line is drawn on controversial topics.

Let me say that for this to work – for us to have an open, candid, honest, mature discussion, people need to think before they hit reply. Let me state at the outset that personal attacks on other members, or on our mods as a team, will not be tolerated.

I realize that with so many different opinions, we won't end up with any hard and fast rules. What we might be able to achieve is some clarity.

So. Thoughts, feelings, perspectives?

I agree with you exactly! As soon as i even think about posting something talking about his sexuality people are attacking me. It really isnt fair to do that in my prospective, i mean as this is a fan club, i dont think veiwing and stating oppinions should be against the rules....mika is...well.....mika. i have often been called a lesbian by my classmates, and no, it doesnt feel good when people assume your sexuality, but in my view, that is life. people will make assumptions, and who cares? as long as you are true to your self, no need to get offended. mika has not said "i dont want you to talk about my sexuality" he has said he wants to keep it private. not to say it is right if someone on here goes around calling mika gay, but we can talk about it. and this whole I Dont Care thing in my oppinion makes no sense....well good for u if you dont care! but some do! not me, but for those ppl who want to know mika's sexuality, it makes them feel like they are bad people. which they arent, it is human nature to be curious. but i feel like the MFC can be waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to sensitive. when i post things concerning this matter i get people say "you know we dont care" who the hell is we? noone can speak for me, and noone can speak for mika. on that note, americans sort of assume mika's sexuality because if people dressed like mika here, they would be gay, no doubt. we have our groups here and bright skinny jeans on guys belong to the gays. not to say that mika is gay because he is from a whole different culture. when cultures clash, it tends to really cause trouble, but i dont think sexuality should be a sensitive matter, maybe it should be private, but not sensitive. knowing mika, he is not uncomfortable with his sexuality. and to me, it is quite obvious what that is, though i may be assuming the wrong thing.

WHAT IF... he's a reverse Billy Brown? What if he was gay throughout his childhood/early teens, then temporarily thought he was straight, did some investigation (Mika, if you're reading this, stop laughing your gay little curls off.:sneaky2: ) and was like "NOPE, still gay."

I seriously just quoted, I think it was Kates, and was typing up this theory about that exact thing, and then decided not to post it.

I think that it's very likely that this could be the case. I think that EVERYONE, at a certain point in their life questions their sexuality, no matter if they have been living a gay or straight life. There's always a time, usually in your teens, where you start to feel a bit of a pull toward the gender that you don't usually go for, and then you stop and assess yourself and, maybe not experiment, but at least explore it more, until you find out more and then can settle on a sexuality. This song is obviously about sexual identity, not a "midlife crisis" like Mika has always said but possibly a sexual crisis. It's about living one way and then going off another way, but coming back to where you started, as Billy Brown starts off straight, has a gay affair and then goes and finds another woman, shed of the "burden of his mind," which could have been his sexual questioning.

If Mika hydes his sexuality so as to preserve his fans, he is naive.... because we still are there!! And I think he knows that! Actually, Journalists have made a scene about his sexual orientation because he has a high-pitched voice!!! From now on, he doesn't feel the urgency to justify himself!!!! For sure, he sets up an ambiguity.... but I don't think he is gay!... Once again I assure you, I'm not looking for a good conclusion for my fairytales!

I put my message in bold type, because I want to shout... I've the impression that none of you hear me!!!:sneaky2:

I think its really bad how much people frown on homosexuality. I live in Southern USA, which is really bad about this. I have a friend who refuses to listen to Mika, no matter how much i want him to, because Mika sings too high. He hates Walt Whitman because of, well, his, um, dirty poetry. He got really mad at me because i didn't want to look at an almost naked guy(I like guys, i just don't like pictures, or much skin). I think that some celebrity who isn't gay should decline comment. It would change this whole view of the issue, and I've kind of been hoping that Mika is doing that, because he is the kind of person who could. The sad thing is though, some people would deny he's straight even if he gets married.

Yea. I just don't know if I'm still allowed to talk about it or not?

I don't see a problem with that GK vid at all. It was a public video, and in some way, all of the people in it are giving away those images of themselves to the public. It's not like it's this clear, perfect image anyway. What's wrong with a blurry, very undetailed photo?

Oh I know, this area of PA is alot like it.

I have a friend who gives me these... stupid explanations about why people we know can't be gay. She's like "OH, this guy isn't gay, because he said he wants to have kids. And gay people can't have kids!"