Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

He does contradic himself a lot on this subject (as with everything else :yay:), I think he most certainly must want people to speculate, he starts the speculations himself and not just by singing in a high voice as someone suggested. It's not just about gay stereotypes, or even about singing about Billy Brown. He has made a lot of choices and statements that cause people to speculate and he seems to do things for a reason, so he must want the speculation :mf_rosetinted:

Well the speculation keeps his name in the news. He wouldn't have gotten on the cover of OUT magazine if nobody cared about his sexuality.

AND I LOVE YOUR PURPLE COW. I used to have a cow as a pet. Her name was Fawna.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mika hydes his sexuality so as to preserve his fans, he is naive.... because we still are there!! And I think he knows that! Actually, Journalists have made a scene about his sexual orientation because he has a high-pitched voice!!! From now on, he doesn't feel the urgency to justify himself!!!! For sure, he sets up an ambiguity.... but I don't think he is gay!... Once again I assure you, I'm not looking for a good conclusion for my fairytales!

I put my message in bold type, because I want to shout... I've the impression that none of you hear me!!!:sneaky2:

I hear you love :wink2: I know how it feels to fight for a point to get across, but in reality alot of the things people say on here probably sound a whole lot nicer in person so don't take to much offense :thumb_yello:

On that issue, my personal impression of him when I met him had nothing to do with his sexuality. I fell in love with him and it was undeniable.

I don't know why the speculation started in the first place about his sexuality. For me, from what my hater friends say: "Mika is gay cause he wears tight purple pants and weird clothes..." I think that this is mainly the reason why people think he is indeed gay. It's harsh reality that first impressions depend soley on the way a person dresses and how they present themselves. It's stereotypical, and that's what I hate about our world. There's nothing we can do about it however... It's just the way things are.

Based on his sexuality on stage, ( in other words the way he interacts with people up there) he is affectionate with all the girls...

Clearly, it could go either way...or both ways.

MY PERSONAL OPINION: It would make sense to me, based on the things he has said and the way he is in general is that he could possibly be bi-sexual. In any case, I love him just the same.

I don't think that he "hides" his sexuality from anyone. I think that he is completely out and open in his private life, but by withholding this information from the public, he's not setting himself up to be called, "MIKA, THE GAY ARTIST." I think that his reasoning is just simply that he doesn't want to be known for being gay. He wants to be known for his music, and completely regardless to whatever some people may say, once you're "out" in the media, "gay" is never far away from your name when you're talked about. He always references Bowie when talking about such, and I understand where he's coming from. David Bowie is bi-sexual, but no one talks about that. He's just the amazing David Bowie. He never went one way when it came to references to his sexuality, just like Mika is doing, and has effectively escaped the homosexuality label.

Bowie isn't bisexual.

In 1993, he made the claim that he had always been a "closet heterosexual", and that his interest in homosexual and bisexual culture was more a product of the times and situation than his own feelings.

Me too! :naughty:

If he did we could start a site called the Sarie fanclub and carry on with our regular chatting about Mika:naughty:

I need to start my own fanclub. I imagine alot of the members would just be members because they're a fan of 'Sarie' magazine.

Based on his sexuality on stage, ( in other words the way he interacts with people up there) he is affectionate with all the girls...

That doesn't really mean anything, though. My friend was always cuddling with me, or squeezing me when we were working together. One night he even put his head in my boobs because he liked my perfume. Was he gay? Yea.

I hear you love :wink2: I know how it feels to fight for a point to get across, but in reality alot of the things people say on here probably sound a whole lot nicer in person so don't take to much offense :thumb_yello:

On that issue, my personal impression of him when I met him had nothing to do with his sexuality. I fell in love with him and it was undeniable.

I don't know why the speculation started in the first place about his sexuality. For me, from what my hater friends say: "Mika is gay cause he wears tight purple pants and weird clothes..." I think that this is mainly the reason why people think he is indeed gay. It's harsh reality that first impressions depend soley on the way a person dresses and how they present themselves. It's stereotypical, and that's what I hate about our world. There's nothing we can do about it however... It's just the way things are.

MY PERSONAL OPINION: It would make sense to me, based on the things he has said and the way he is in general is that he could possibly be bi-sexual. In any case, I love him just the same.

I totally agree with you, people always are so quick to judge the second they see what he's wearing, or how high he sings, it's complete rubbish.

In my opinion, I think that Mika is just 'stuck in the middle' I really feel like, he is just such a genuine person, that when he does fall in love with a person, it won't matter weather they are a boy or girl, he'll love them for who they are, and his sexuality will be based on that.

Does that make sense?

I'm not gonna lie, the sexuality speculation for me began with this interview:

Now, I'm not one to say, "Just because he acts a certain way or uses THIS type of body language, he's gay," but really... :lmfao: The future just confirmed my beliefs. :thumb_yello:

Bowie isn't bisexual.

In 1993, he made the claim that he had always been a "closet heterosexual", and that his interest in homosexual and bisexual culture was more a product of the times and situation than his own feelings.

Really? I didn't know that. Oh well. :naughty:

That doesn't really mean anything, though. My friend was always cuddling with me, or squeezing me when we were working together. One night he even put his head in my boobs because he liked my perfume. Was he gay? Yea.

True, gay men do get affectionate with girls, but than again so do straights and bi's lol...

Yea, I don't think his flirty personality with the girls on stage really means anything, it's all for show.

Yea, I don't think his flirty personality with the girls on stage really means anything, it's all for show.

Right. Because he's talking about people being affectionate towards big girls. So therefore, dancing and being flirty / affectionate with a big girl on stage is basically something for your eyes to look at while your ears are busy.

Exactly.

Gay boys are girl crazy when it comes to breasts, cuddling, kissing, winking and just acting lovey-dovey. The only thing is, they do it in a way that only gay men can. If a gay man acts all flirty toward a girl, you always think, "why is he doing this? Is he straight?" but if a straight guy were to act the exact same way, people would think it was a bit odd.

I will say that Mika has alot of feminine qualities... not like womanly features (although he does have hips:roftl: ) I mean His sensitvity toward women and his background with having what like 7 mothers? He was raised around women, and strong ones at that. Perhaps that's why he's just naturally "feminine"

Exactly.

Gay boys are girl crazy when it comes to breasts, cuddling, kissing, winking and just acting lovey-dovey. The only thing is, they do it in a way that only gay men can. If a gay man acts all flirty toward a girl, you always think, "why is he doing this? Is he straight?" but if a straight guy were to act the exact same way, people would think it was a bit odd.

I called my friend on that, once.:naughty:

He was smelling some other girls' perfume in the basic boob area, and I said "Do you know if any other guy who worked here did that, he'd get slapped?"

He laughed and goes "I know. Are you jealous?"

He does contradic himself a lot on this subject (as with everything else :yay:), I think he most certainly must want people to speculate, he starts the speculations himself and not just by singing in a high voice as someone suggested. It's not just about gay stereotypes, or even about singing about Billy Brown. He has made a lot of choices and statements that cause people to speculate and he seems to do things for a reason, so he must want the speculation :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah... but if you deal with the contadiction between taboo & private, there is a BIG difference! You can write a song on a taboo subject as homosexuality, racism or every delicate subjects!

However, you can keep your life for yourself! But maybe you don't want to mean this opposition:bleh: .

Nonetheless, If you have others contradictions, I would read it! You say that neither his high-pitched voice, nor Billy Brown throw out the rumour! So What did it?

I'm not gonna lie, the sexuality speculation for me began with this interview:

Now, I'm not one to say, "Just because he acts a certain way or uses THIS type of body language, he's gay," but really... :lmfao: The future just confirmed my beliefs. :thumb_yello:

:lmao: I just knew it was that one :lmao: Before that one, I kept telling myself it was all image and I couldn't judge from that, but this interview...well :naughty:

Has Mana replied anything yet lol?

I think I know her too well... I bet she's reading everyone's posts forming her next big reply! Can't wait:thumb_yello:

She's going to have to reply with two seperate posts, because she'll go over the character limit.:naughty:

I will say that Mika has alot of feminine qualities... not like womanly features (although he does have hips:roftl: ) I mean His sensitvity toward women and his background with having what like 7 mothers? He was raised around women, and strong ones at that. Perhaps that's why he's just naturally "feminine"

a bit. *cough cough* whenever i show my friends pix of him for the first time, without any sarcasm they go, "is that a girl? u told me he was a guy." and im like "oh gawd...."

Yeah... but if you deal with the contadiction between taboo & private, there is a BIG difference! You can write a song on a taboo subject as homosexuality, racism or every delicate subjects!

However, you can keep your life for yourself! But maybe you don't want to mean this opposition:bleh: .

Nonetheless, If you have others contradictions, I would read it! You say that neither his high-pitched voice, nor Billy Brown throw out the rumour! So What did it?

The rumours started from stereotyping I'm sure, but then again he created his own image and he choses what to say in interviews - He chooses to play Dolly Parton before his show etc. I'm sure he knows the stereotypes and he's using them! Sure, he might just be a straight guy liking some stereotypical gay things, but if he wanted to avoid speculation, then he would have toned it down, cause he seems very aware of how he builds his career! Also when you appear in mags like Out and Attitude, then you want people to speculate - He chose to appear in those mags, so he most certainly wants to keep it going!