AUS - V Festival 08: MIKA NOT PERFORMING?

bexstar

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 out of 6

Ouch..... I'm only up to 1 out of 2 (or 2 out of 3 if you count the fact I was thinking about Syd, and had been offered a ticket) and most of the Aussies are the same, except for those who haven't seen him yet, or who had Gold Coast tickets as well

*bows before your superior cancellation skills*

We have all been there sister.

It's amazing how it's so totally predictable and yet shocking at the same time.

Hey, yeah.. I am now officially part of the cancelled gang :naughty: *lo 5's*

And I know there are people who have been cancelled on in fair worse conditions.. And I know the financial loss is nothing compared to the loss of a great experience... But still,, why does he do this...

Anyway.. better to know now etc...

I am going to see if there's a financial loophole, considering the organisers of V festival and Ticketmaster failed to mention on their sites that Mika wasn't a confirmed appearance...

As some of the others Aussies said ...... thanks guys for your comments of support !:wub2:

In a way I am now relieved .... I don't really like festivals anyway :naughty:

As long as I can sell the tix. (I'm remaining hopeful :wink2: ) in the new year ..... I'd much rather see Mika in a concert venue on his own !!:thumb_yello:

As far as not being announced 'officially' goes .... Ticketmaster well & truly had Mika on the bill !!

I don't think for one minute that Mika doesn't care about us Aussies .... or any of his other fans for that matter ...... I won't move away from Mika ... & I have made such special friends on MFC ... :wub2: ..... so I'm gonna just ride the tide .... & see where the next wave takes us !!!

Does he really want to be known as the artist who cancels all the time? Especially when just starting his career. If he wants to still be recording in 10 years time, then he'll want to keep those hardcore fans who will buy the albums, not make them feel he isn't worth supporting.

Precisely. It is not a good way to start a career that he hopes to last a long while. For it to do so, he needs fan loyalty and frequently cancelling is not the way to gain it.

4 out of 6

Wow, I didn't realise it was that many. :boxed:

On a lighter note, Kelzy is a genius:

MFCcanceltoursiggypic2.jpg

And a little something of my own:

"Erase" (a.k.a. "The Mika Cancellation Song")

I shouldn't have bought those tickets, all insecure, out of my mind

I should have never added to my credit card debt

I shouldn't have paid as much as I did, looking for fans that Mika left for dead in a grave, without a stone

As soon as you hear Mika's going to perform, don't buy tickets, put your finger on the button...

Erase

My gigs

I bet you can't erase

My disappointment

You're trying to resell your tickets for somebody else

To go instead

Everything's a mess, your rent isn't paid; the house might need to be sold, your bed too

But it's a ghost town in your credit account because you bought tickets to see Mika anyway

We never had time to go to sleep, we'd wake up to buy tickets as soon as they went on sale at 9am online at home

When the pain won't go away, you might as well, put your finger on the trigger...

Erase

My gigs

I bet you can't erase

My disappointment

To go instead

Erase!

Erase!

Erase

My gigs

I bet you can't erase

My disappointment

To go instead

Erase!

Erase!

To go instead

Erase...

I'm sorry you bought so many tickets and it was cancelled! :thumbdown:

If it's any consolation, the festival thing sucks in terms of seeing your favourite artist. When he comes to Oz he'll do a proper tour instead and you'll get the show you're waiting for.

And it may happen sooner than you think. He may have some time between laying down tracks for the album and a new album release/European tour so he'll do Asia and Australia in the interim.

From what Mellody was saying it sounded like it was a choice between Australia first/album second or album first/Australia second, so maybe they've just chosen the latter.

I'm guessing this was brought on by unexpectedly having to reschedule the London gigs to the end of February. He'd probably been planning to start working on the album when he returned from N. America 2 weeks earlier.

Just because he can't make it in time for the V Festival dates doesn't mean he doesn't have time to come to Australia at all.

I guess you're right... doesn't make it any better though... and you understand exactly what it's like...

*agrees with all of the above*

This means New Zealand is off as well... *gets weetbix from kitchen just to be able to join in the crying the proper way*

I still haven't managed to see him live and this is the third gig I miss out on.. :boxed:

Ok, so there wasn't even a gig booked in NZ yet. But he said he'd come. :mf_rosetinted: Though I suppose I should know better. His word isn't exactly much to hang in the Christmas tree. :sneaky2: (Swedish expression lol)

I feel like doing some kicking myself.. :thumbdown:

*giggles*

Okay... we can kick him together... and cry into our weetbix together too...

Agree..

Monday morning when I heard I pretty much went "*** *** ***" then I was calm and I thought "oh it will be ok, he'll still come and do concerts instead"

I didn't think I'd end up commenting about it on here.. But I've had over 24 hours to think about it now.. I can't be silent about my disappointment.. Just like Scut, I haven't seen Mika live yet.. so for us it looks as if we have to wait until july 2008 or god knows when..

If there was a chance he wouldn't be performing at the festivals due to making an album then Why did they have his name in the line up to begin with... how about a **TO BE CONFIRMED beside his name.. that way we would've waited before buying our tickets..

We were all online buying them within 24 hours of them going on sale..

AT CHRISTMAS!!! HELLO MIKA.. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS FINANCIALLY FOR MOST PEOPLE AT CHRISTMAS TIME..

oh, no wait.. You probably don't..

I know others have copped it worse by travelling across the globe to see him... but .. grrrrr.. like Scut said.. it's not the way to start your career..

I just need to voice that when a Band/Artist does things like this.. I don't tend to stick around as a fan... I'm sure I might not be the only one that might say when new dates are announced 'Stuff it. Mika's not worth it.. he cancels everything.. I'm not wasting my money on someone like that.. '

ok i've ranted..

Please Mika.. prove me wrong..

DO NOT SAY IT KELZY!!!

NO JULY GIGS!!!

ohw man :emot-sad: Hugs to all the aussies :huglove:

Thanks Kata... it means a lot to us that people are sympathising with us...

you have to try the Suzanne Method (I'll figure it out whatever it was)

to get a gig to my area !!

After all he has NEVER played in Vancouver Before!

I'll let you know what I did and maybe you can try it.

I tried praying to the MIKA gods and it worked

I will find an incantation !

:sneaky2: :sneaky2:

There is a thing in OK! magazine this week promoting V festivals and guess whose pic from a concert they used....

They obviously don't come on here to keep updated......

(will scan it on Fri when I am back home)

you have to try the Suzanne Method (I'll figure it out whatever it was)

to get a gig to my area !!

After all he has NEVER played in Vancouver Before!

I'll let you know what I did and maybe you can try it.

I tried praying to the MIKA gods and it worked

I will find an incantation !

Ummmm.... well the closest gig would be either the US or Canada... and if I go there it's no UK trip for me...

And at this point in time... meeting up with Freds and maybe other MFCers is more important than Mika... unless he happens to do a gig in the UK while soangel and I are there... then we might go... and voice our displeasure...

Love the song Scut!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

Awww teegs...

"In the case of an emergency, the exits are located here *points* and here *points*."

*notices Mika pays close attention to the Exit points :sneaky2: *

*attempts Jedi mind trick on Mika*

You do not need the exits... you will stay put and get kicked by Nico...

There is a thing in OK! magazine this week promoting V festivals and guess whose pic from a concert they used....

They obviously don't come on here to keep updated......

(will scan it on Fri when I am back home)

hmmmm... when I go harass the Franklins people I shall pick up a copy of OK! Mag to see it...

Wow, I didn't realise it was that many. :boxed:

Yeah one of them was a Canadian Idol appearance so it was just one song and I hadn't bought my $5 ticket yet. But Suzy and her family were forced to see Paul Anka instead since she'd had to pull in some favours to get the tickets and the seats had to be filled during the taping. :blink:

The thing about him mentoring the Canadian Idol contestants is it meant he would have been in Toronto for at least 3 or 4 days so we were hoping he would play the Kool Haus (which he's now doing next month) and just generally be hanging around town at MuchMusic and MTV where he would be accessible. You still get your hopes up even if he hasn't booked a proper gig and you haven't wasted your money.

On a lighter note, Kelzy is a genius:

MFCcanceltoursiggypic2.jpg

Oh yes, she is. :naughty:

"Erase" (a.k.a. "The Mika Cancellation Song")

:roftl: So funny and yet incredibly sad because it's true.

I hate to see this happening. Not just because of your disappointment but generally. Like you said it's not good for Mika either to have this reputation of cancelling virtually as often as he performs. The only other singer this unreliable is Amy Winehouse and the woman is a heroin addict who was arrested yesterday for bribing witnesses for feckssakes.

I don't think you will stay bitter for long, but I think it was Kelzy who said it's something you have to be aware of as a fan 24/7 when you're even contemplating seeing him. I went to London in part because even after everything I thought he would NEVER cancel London - but he did.

I'm not even mildly upset about it because I saw how sick he was and I was inches away from the phone when he offered a personal apology because he knew that people had travelled so far to see him.

But if don't go to London again and there are problems with his Toronto gig...I don't know, you just have to kind of give up at some point. It's like trying to date some guy who refuses to even return your calls. You don't have much choice but to let it go and walk away.

:roftl: So funny and yet incredibly sad because it's true.

I hate to see this happening. Not just because of your disappointment but generally. Like you said it's not good for Mika either to have this reputation of cancelling virtually as often as he performs. The only other singer this unreliable is Amy Winehouse and the woman is a heroin addict who was arrested yesterday for bribing witnesses for feckssakes.

I don't think you will stay bitter for long, but I think it was Kelzy who said it's something you have to be aware of as a fan 24/7 when you're even contemplating seeing him. I went to London in part because even after everything I thought he would NEVER cancel London - but he did.

I'm not even mildly upset about it because I saw how sick he was and I was inches away from the phone when he offered a personal apology because he knew that people had travelled so far to see him.

But if don't go to London again and there are problems with his Toronto gig...I don't know, you just have to kind of give up at some point. It's like trying to date some guy who refuses to even return your calls. You don't have much choice but to let it go and walk away.

It's so true... well, if he does a gig in England when I'm there, I'll have to let him know how disappointed I am... and the other Aussies are too...

All I can say is, it better be a damn good album...

It's so true... well, if he does a gig in England when I'm there, I'll have to let him know how disappointed I am... and the other Aussies are too...

All I can say is, it better be a damn good album...

*agrees with Teegs*

It better be a killer album

Bloody oath he should!

We need t-shirts just in case we go to a gig in UK...

Not sure of the slogan...

Hmm *points to siggy*

What about that?

*agrees with Teegs*

It better be a killer album

Hmm *points to siggy*

What about that?

I was thinking that... or a set of scales... one side says "2nd album" and the other says "Oz tour"... but I like the blackboard one... whoops... chalkboard one (gotta be politically correct :mf_rosetinted:)