Stuck in the Middle Decoded...

CordeliaMoon

Mmmm... which ones ? Really I don't see what you're talking about hun :biggrin2:

So I'll point to these lines:

Boy who learned to grow

Ours is a family...

Seems pretty clear that he adresses his family to me. But I ain't in the boy's head, so who knows... ;)

And I don't know who was right... these ain't the right lyrics :wink2:

"Is there anybody home, who will believe me, won't deceive me, WON'T TRY TO CHANGE ME" is what I hear... don't know about the others...

That's what I hear too

I kinda thought it was about being drawn to 2 different ways of life, one conventional and one not and not entirely belonging to either because liking both and having elements of both. Also wanting to be himself and accepted obviously for who he is (I thought it was 'This is who I am / This ain't a greater plan etc' ) without having to change when going between the 2 (being one person with family, and a completely different one when going out with friends, for example). I thought it was 'I can live an honest day', didn't realise it was about parting completely. Where does one find the defintive lyrics anyway?

We're like medieval theologians poring over and analysing the words of the master!! :roftl: Do you reckon they do this on other fan sites?? Its so great that Mika writes lyrics that can stand such scrutiny and be interpreted in lots of ways!:thumb_yello:

:woot_jump:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it could be something subconscious , a love curse

just like what I've done

Sounds intriguing - do say more...

I thought it was 'are 5 kids better than one, who doesn't long to belong' or 'who doesn't long to play god'?? Really don't know on that one!:confused: