2007 - Star of wonder: Mika talks about his merry future

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall be grovelling to my sister and nephew, who both buy the Mail on Sunday, and I think they'll both be waiting for me to call them!

Hopefully my sister will read the article, as she normally reads Live from cover to cover and realise what he's been through and have a bit more understanding about him.

Loving the suits he's wearing, can't imagine him not wearing anything colourful, he always looks so good.

I'm off over there shortly, so no doubt my brother in law and my niece will be complaining about it, without even reading it, which winds me up. Too much bitching without even knowing anything, and not even attempting any understanding, which is when we end up having major rows about it. But you can lead a horse to water.....

He was wearing Aude's shirt on that interview??? Ah, why wasn't there a picture? :thumb_yello:

Mika thinks he is ugly. No, he is really weeeiiird. I mean, how can he imagine such a silly thing??? He is absolutely stunningly handsome! :wub2: How can he think he's ugly?? HOW????????:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Articles like this always reminds me how good it is that there is Mika :wub2:

What made you wonder if he had Asperger's to start with? Because he was ostracized as a child or something you see in him now?

Do you know, I couldn't even tell you right now. I'd have to try and go back to what I was thinking and what I'd been reading just at the time it occured to me. It did make sense (of a kind) at the time, but I've seen so much more since then and have been revising my opinion.

I guess to clarify I should have started by saying "I have (past tense) wondered if Mika has autism, but I'm not convinced of it now".

I suppose the thing is, everyone is on the spectrum somewhere. When we were going through the diagnosis process we were asked if there was anybody in the family who was a bit different and I thought "Gosh, if you knew our families....." We all are a bit "different", but not enough for anyone to be able to point the finger and say "Aha! That's where it comes from!"

Actually going back to the coping thing..... It's just occured to me that some of it can be learned and some of it can come with the professionalism of doing a job. I'm a fairly shy person, don't make friends easily, not comfortable in most social situations, but I used to be a nurse. There was a certain demeanour that I learned to put on for work each day that was so completely not the usual me, but that I had to do to be effective at my job. I was not really aware I'd done it but I came home from work once to a family member who'd just been injured and I was so "nurse-mode" and then I stopped and was just me and this person commented and I'd never realised I had a separate work persona. Plus the older I get, the more comfortable I'm getting in my skin and just thinking "Ah stuff it, I don't care" a lot more of the time.

Thanks for the discussion we've been having, it's been really interesting.

I would like to get my hands on a medical journal from 300 years in the future, to see what they've learned about autism and related disorders. And ADD/ADHD. And OCD.

There's so much we just don't know about how the brain really works, and I think that we're still very early in understanding those types of things.

I just wonder will we ever know (about the brain etc). There is so much that is just theories.....

He was wearing Aude's shirt on that interview??? Ah, why wasn't there a picture? :thumb_yello:

Mika thinks he is ugly. No, he is really weeeiiird. I mean, how can he imagine such a silly thing??? He is absolutely stunningly handsome! :wub2: How can he think he's ugly?? HOW

Articles like this always reminds me how good it is that there is Mika :wub2:

tell me... :boxed::wub2::biggrin2:

Had a hard job puttng the magazine down last night, tried very hard not to look at the cover as it really draws your attention, god he looks good in red!

My nephew found it very amusing.

Anyway, going back to the whole thing about Mika saying he thinks he's ugly and no one can tell him any different, I think the bullies really did a number on him as a child. The thing is, being different to everyone else, just coming from a completely different culture, and at such a young age, you tend to believe what people tell you and if enough peopke say it for a length of time it will stick in your pysche, and even when you are older and you know better, there is still going to be that niggling doubt that you are what people said you were back then, and if you have had bad experiences in between, you will think that the negative aspect is what is true. Hence why Mika doesn't tend to believe it when he hears people say he's not ugly, he can't come to terms with the fact that there are people out here that do find him attractive, because of the small minority in his cnildhood that totally convinced him he isn't. Really very sad and totally unacceptable.

This story was really sad, indeed :(

I was/am bullied, too. Because of that I'm really shy and I can't really talk to anyone, because I'm afraid they'd tell me I'm ugly or whatever :blink:

Haha I think everyone from MFC saw how shy I was in Birmingham XD And I'm so ashamed of it, I feel like I am the most boring people they have ever met because I talk nothing.. :(

I was/am bullied, too. Because of that I'm really shy and I can't really talk to anyone, because I'm afraid they'd tell me I'm ugly or whatever :blink:

Haha I think everyone from MFC saw how shy I was in Birmingham XD And I'm so ashamed of it, I feel like I am the most boring people they have ever met because I talk nothing.. :(

You talk more than enough when you get used to people. :wink2: :wink2:

Not that I don't hate being shy. So shy that you think what to say, but can't open your mouth. :blink:

You talk more than enough when you get used to people. :wink2:

Not that I don't hate being shy. So shy that you think what to say, but can't open your mouth. :blink:

yes but there isn't always the time to get used to people.. and then you make yourself look like a complete idiot :thumb_yello::naughty:

well there's a lot to say.. you know.. :naughty: "I bought myself my booky wook today :biggrin2: " you just don't say it :naughty:

The same here !!I'm too shy and i hardly can open my mouth especially when i meet new people !:boxed:

and is there any chance some kind soul could post a high res scan of the mika wearing purple part of the pic..?

I've scanned the purple pic for you but the quality is not that great (the original is pretty poor I'm afraid)

As the scan is so big I've posted a link rather than the actual pic....

http://www.boomspeed.com/jesterkevin/Mailonsunday231207g.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get to the shops to buy more copies of the paper - my kind Mother In Law (who knows of my MIKA obsession) gave me the mag and I couldn't get to the shops before they closed (shops generally close at 4pm on Sundays in the UK).

Enjoy anyways... :wub2:

I've scanned the purple pic for you but the quality is not that great (the original is pretty poor I'm afraid)

As the scan is so big I've posted a link rather than the actual pic....

http://www.boomspeed.com/jesterkevin/Mailonsunday231207g.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get to the shops to buy more copies of the paper - my kind Mother In Law (who knows of my MIKA obsession) gave me the mag and I couldn't get to the shops before they closed (shops generally close at 4pm on Sundays in the UK).

Enjoy anyways... :wub2:

thx ever so much, blue eyes! I owe ya.. this goes directly in my mika calendar.. :wub2: since they don't issue one anymore, I'm making my own, with my fave pics and this is SOOO a fave pic of mine.. :wub2:

btw, it was REALLY good to finally meet ya in london! look forward to next feb. to meet ya again! :thumb_yello:

thx ever so much, blue eyes! I owe ya.. this goes directly in my mika calendar.. :wub2: since they don't issue one anymore, I'm making my own, with my fave pics and this is SOOO a fave pic of mine.. :wub2:

btw, it was REALLY good to finally meet ya in london! look forward to next feb. to meet ya again! :thumb_yello:

Don't worry sweetie, you'll have your own copy very soon. ;-)

I'm very shy too. I wasn't really bullied or someting. There were kids who called me fat or ugly. Some I didn't even know. My little brother had called me ugly and fat a lot of times and sometimes he still does.

I still think I'm fat. I scared to eat in front of other people because I think that they will think something like: wow, she eats, she fat enough, she doesn't need more food. I have this since I was 13 or someting.

But I always have been very shy. I don't like that, because of that I missed a lot of things and I still do. I did had friends on school. But I always feel like an outsider. And I didn't like it to go to school. I still don't like it, but now I don't even dare to go to school. I feel really afraid when I'm on school. A this moment I don't have any friends. It's hard for me to make contact and to talk to someone. I never know what to say and I'm always afraid I'll say someting weird. I know that this is hard for other people too, cuz they proberly thinks that I don't like them. And I think that they don't even like me because I don't talk.

I really hate that. I wish I could just talk.

I'm very shy too. I wasn't really bullied or someting. There were kids who called me fat or ugly. Some I didn't even know. My little brother had called me ugly and fat a lot of times and sometimes he still does.

I still think I'm fat. I scared to eat in front of other people because I think that they will think something like: wow, she eats, she fat enough, she doesn't need more food. I have this since I was 13 or someting.

But I always have been very shy. I don't like that, because of that I missed a lot of things and I still do. I did had friends on school. But I always feel like an outsider. And I didn't like it to go to school. I still don't like it, but now I don't even dare to go to school. I feel really afraid when I'm on school. A this moment I don't have any friends. It's hard for me to make contact and to talk to someone. I never know what to say and I'm always afraid I'll say someting weird. I know that this is hard for other people too, cuz they proberly thinks that I don't like them. And I think that they don't even like me because I don't talk.

I really hate that. I wish I could just talk.

Don't lose heart sweetie , there is bound to be someone at your school who is in the same boat as you. All my friends were kind of the odd ones out, not the cool kids in school, but the ones the cool kids ignored, although I was tne one that got picked on, due to being the shortest.

I'm sure there must be someone there you can talk to.

It was wonderful to finally meet you too Avoca (even though it wasn't for long LOL!)

See you in February (don't forget to bring your snow boots... or in your case riding boots!! Are you still going in costume?!) :biggrin2:

Jules

x

• 4 months later...

Mika, you're not ugly! No Way! I love your hair, your eyes, your chin, your ears, your scar, your nose, your whole face, your arms, your, hands, your shoulders, your legs, your feet, your whole body, your clothes.. You're the most handsome man I've ever seen! :wub2:

This is why I love Mika! He is just such a great rolemodel! Its so weird how much he reminds me of myself sometimes. It just further encourages me to be the person that i want to be and not let anyone tell me otherwise. But the Xmas tree thing really made me laugh. It was Brillaint!:naughty:

Aww, thanks for posting!!

It reminds me of myself a little bit too!

The last years in high school were like a nightmare for me, kids told me ugly too (and they're right actually) and I was like an autistic person sometimes. Well, my story is longer but it's not the place to tell it :bleh:

But Mika, if you read this, YOU ARE NOT UGLY AT ALL!! You're a beautiful man, trust me!

I 've got an idea Mika, let's get revenge of all the person who laughed at us!!! lol

See, for Mika saying that he's ugly, I think i will just let him say that. I mean COME ON! He has all these girls chasing him, its quite pathetic that he would even have the nerve to say that he thinks of himself as ugly. But, that is what he thinks of himself apparently, not what others think of him, so it isnt like we can just keep telling him he is beautiful, he has to realize for himself.