2007 - Star of wonder: Mika talks about his merry future

lollipop_monkey

See, for Mika saying that he's ugly, I think i will just let him say that. I mean COME ON! He has all these girls chasing him, its quite pathetic that he would even have the nerve to say that he thinks of himself as ugly. But, that is what he thinks of himself apparently, not what others think of him, so it isnt like we can just keep telling him he is beautiful, he has to realize for himself.

Wise words my friend :thumb_yello:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Generally, the people who like my music are the less conventional ones – the outsiders, the weirdos," he says. "It's amazing how many of us there are."

Welcome to the MFC :punk::roftl:

This sentence is sooo true :roftl::punk:

Well I'm not really an outsider but I'm def a weirdo AND I love less convetional people !! I love it if something is extraordinary that's why I love the peps from MFC so much :naughty::wub2: and that's why I fly to concerts in other countries.. Mika isn't the first reason (believe me or not) :thumb_yello:

This sentence is sooo true :roftl::punk:

Well I'm not really an outsider but I'm def a weirdo AND I love less convetional people !! I love it if something is extraordinary that's why I love the peps from MFC so much :naughty::wub2: and that's why I fly to concerts in other countries.. Mika isn't the first reason (believe me or not) :thumb_yello:

Its turning more and more into a group of people travelling as we get on .. generally so well :thumb_yello:

"Generally, the people who like my music are the less conventional ones – the outsiders, the weirdos," he says. "It's amazing how many of us there are."

Welcome to the MFC :punk::roftl::thumb_yello:

great quote - great comment

Bwahahaha!!!!

Yeah man!

Nahh...actually he's full of wonder....just like the title says. So much of popular culture is against wonder now--music, art is all about selling a product. They don't want you to wonder, you might THINK if you did that, and heavens above, thinkng might lead you to make a choice. No choice...we want you to buy our stuff, our ideas. None of this "of your own" business allowed.

Mika is a visual joy in every sense. He's also a pretty nice person which is the whole package.

I'm a 42 year old mother of four who thought I'd never find anything, musically, that I liked being made currently.

NOT NOW. MIKA is invention, wonder, whimsy, technicolor FUN. It's a JOY to listen to his music.

And Mika...darling...I've seen pics of you when you were young. You are not and have never been UGLY. have you ever heard of "jealousy"? That is what it must have been because you are beautiful inside and out.

• 8 months later...

For all that this borders on camp self-obsession, there are thousands of people who relate directly to the way Mika grew up. "Generally, the people who like my music are the less conventional ones – the outsiders, the weirdos," he says. "It's amazing how many of us there are."

Mika's fans arrive at his shows dressed up as the characters in his songs: pink and cutesy Lollipop girl, kipper-tied closet gay Billy Brown and Big Girl.

A select few musicians are singled out as uniquely sensitive to their fans' needs, and Mika is one of them. Strangers give him presents. "I get amazing things from sketch books filled with their drawings to hand-made kimonos for my toys and this incredible embroidered shirt that I wear."

this is one of my favorite articles/interviews!

and the quotes about the fans are unbelievably sweet:wub2:

One of my favourites ever!!

Love every line, every word, every sentence of it!!

This article/interview shows us a lot about Mika's personality

"A lot of kids end up pretending to be someone they are not. You can learn how to dress like everyone else and learn to talk about computer games and football and the sort of music other kids like. I did attempt to do that a couple of times, but I couldn't stand it. I couldn't change the way I was. It made me even more extreme."

We shouldn't change the way we are just to please other people, btw I tried in the past and didn't succeed either.. fortunately... being ourselves is always the best thing to do; when you pretend to be someone you're not, you won't feel at ease with yourself nor with others, and it won't help relationships at all.

This is a great lesson we can learn from him!

We should accept ourselves the way we are, and if we don't like ourselves, we should just try to become better persons, but absolutely not change our personality.

Pretending to be what we are not doesn't bring us to success in life!

Totally agree, I think the people who really love his music, care about him and feel close to him are def not conventional ones.

One of my favourites ever!!

Love every line, every word, every sentence of it!!

This article/interview shows us a lot about Mika's personality

"A lot of kids end up pretending to be someone they are not. You can learn how to dress like everyone else and learn to talk about computer games and football and the sort of music other kids like. I did attempt to do that a couple of times, but I couldn't stand it. I couldn't change the way I was. It made me even more extreme."

We shouldn't change the way we are just to please other people, btw I tried in the past and didn't succeed either.. fortunately... being ourselves is always the best thing to do; when you pretend to be someone you're not, you won't feel at ease with yourself nor with others, and it won't help relationships at all.

This is a great lesson we can learn from him!

We should accept ourselves the way we are, and if we don't like ourselves, we should just try to become better persons, but absolutely not change our personality.

Pretending to be what we are not doesn't bring us to success in life!

very well said marina! i've tried a few times in the past to change too and i realised that this can lead you only to disaster. being yourslef is the best thing you can do.

that's one of the reasons why i admire mika so much. he's being himself and doesnt compromise no matter what people might say.