2007 - Star of wonder: Mika talks about his merry future

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Revenge of the Nerd? Whatever....these people are really skilled at being ***holes.

Ok, what is up with all the red colored "what"s?

:woot_jump:He mentioned the fanclubs gifts and said that he wears then! :thumb_yello: Aww, kawaii!

:blush-anim-cl:

pfuy, mybe it's only coz he pick them up everywhere and doesn't know where to place fanstuff in the moment, so..:cool::naughty:

:angel_not:

The whole christmas tree thing just breaks my heart. I can just picture this tiny boy carrying a huge christmas tree with him thinking he's doing something nice... and instead of getting the praise he thought he was going to get.. people just made fun of him.

Aww poor little Mika. :tears:

And Starrats, you're not going to believe me but I think you're beautiful.

Plus I consider you my friend. I only got to spend about an hour with you in the car but I thought you were absolutely lovely!

[ I was bullied all the time. It was all psychological and name-calling, the usual weirdo stuff.

Has anyone else found that some people don't account name-calling as bullying? Or was that just my school? Maybe that was why it was so bad; along with the teachers who thought he was stupid.

The whole christmas tree thing just breaks my heart. I can just picture this tiny boy carrying a huge christmas tree with him thinking he's doing something nice... and instead of getting the praise he thought he was going to get.. people just made fun of him.

Yeah I know :crybaby:

We love you Mika:biggrin2:

That's going a little too much with his sob story. :bleh: His childhood wasn't that tragic and lonely... I mean, parts of it were upsetting, certainly, but you must remember that he always had a great supportive family with siblings and neighbors and relatives who'd gather around him. And friends, too! He may have felt isolated at his school, but he did have friends still, and one of his current good friends is one he's had since primary school. (I'm pretty envious of that. I wish I still had my childhood friends!)

Love the pink though.

--Jack

I disagree (about the sob story, not about the pink!) Being picked on and ostracized in school really sticks with some people. You can have the greatest family and most supportive friends, but when they're not around and you're surrounded by people who are keen on being a**holes, it can be a lot to deal with. Toss in the small matter of his dyslexia, and I don't doubt he had some truly sh*tty moments at school.

I think Mika still carries a bit of that with him. There was one interview from early this year, where he mentioned going to some fancy industry party and feeling like he was in school all over again - left out, on the sidelines.

It's great, though, that he has friends who have been there for ages. Combine that with what appears to be a very tight-knit family, and I think the boy has got himself a pretty solid foundation. :thumb_yello:

I have so much in common with Mika...... I was born in Beiruit in 1983 too!

Except you evacuated straight to the UK, bypassing Paris. :mf_rosetinted:

exactly :tears:

and it's just horrible that not even the teacher would stick up for him...

I know! This upset me!!

And Starrats, you're not going to believe me but I think you're beautiful.

Plus I consider you my friend. I only got to spend about an hour with you in the car but I thought you were absolutely lovely!

I just want to give him a big fat hug and tell him that his Christmas tree is lovelier than theirs:wub2:

I disagree (about the sob story, not about the pink!) Being picked on and ostracized in school really sticks with some people. You can have the greatest family and most supportive friends, but when they're not around and you're surrounded by people who are keen on being a**holes, it can be a lot to deal with. Toss in the small matter of his dyslexia, and I don't doubt he had some truly sh*tty moments at school.

I think Mika still carries a bit of that with him. There was one interview from early this year, where he mentioned going to some fancy industry party and feeling like he was in school all over again - left out, on the sidelines.

It's great, though, that he has friends who have been there for ages. Combine that with what appears to be a very tight-knit family, and I think the boy has got himself a pretty solid foundation. :thumb_yello:

I don't disagree--I'm not saying all of this isn't true. But it's only one part of it. He said himself that his childhood had its horrible parts and also its wonderful parts (it was the best of times, it was the worst of times... :naughty:). Focusing on just one or the other is faulty and doesn't show the whole story.

--Jack

that hurts..i can relate to the uncomfortability of keepin' up defences that you've learned from the childhood even if now they are useless...sometimes it's the attitude you bring from the inside, not only the "others" ..

"A lot of kids end up pretending to be someone they are not. You can learn how to dress like everyone else and learn to talk about computer games and football and the sort of music other kids like. I did attempt to do that a couple of times, but I couldn't stand it. I couldn't change the way I was. It made me even more extreme."

:wub2:wow I'm so like him in this point ! I once tried to listen to hip hop and everything when I was about 11,12 then I realized that this is stupid and so not me !!!! I wanted to be myself and I lost like all my "friends" when I started listening to Queen again and well I never started smoking and my friends said " We won't hang out with you anymore if you don't smoke.. you're so uncool" :blink:good friends huh? :thumbdown:

Well I made new REAL friends who accept me the way I am and have the bravery to be myself againt was the best thing ever happened to me :wub2:

"I surround myself with my family and my oldest friends. I don't let new people in."

no new friends? What's for example about Perez or Katy.. :blink:

"That was a very bad time," he says. "I can see how weird I was. One day I decided the school needed a Christmas tree and spent hours dragging this huge beast of a tree into school. No one was pleased. I got two weeks' detention because I was 45 minutes late and had made a big mess of leaves and soil all over the building. All the kids just laughed at me."

CUTEST THING EVER !!!!

"Generally, the people who like my music are the less conventional ones – the outsiders, the weirdos," he says. "It's amazing how many of us there are."

haha the weirdos :naughty:

I get amazing things from sketch books filled with their drawings to hand-made kimonos for my toys and this incredible embroidered shirt that I wear."

whose shirt was he wearing ??????? :wub2:

What a great interview.

About being bullied at school, i can so relate to that as i was bullied at school and high school so much being the unpopular one with glasses and a somewhat loner, the outsider, being teased and called "four eyes", "freak", "weirdo" and so on, this also led to not being to fond of people so much.

Anywho it is a great interview and i really love reading interviews that he makes cause it certainly tells a bit more about him, finally i am so happy he is in the music industry making awesome music.:wub2:

I think I'm ugly to, my nose is ugly and points to the right. And i have really big ears. And every time someone says that I'm not ugly or that i'm good at something i just won't believe them.

I know what you mean... I also think i'm ugly ! but Starrats you're really not ugly ! When I saw you first I thought well she must be nice ! You looked so congenial!!! I think you really are pretty ! your smile made me smile too! but I was a bit too shy :blush-anim-cl: I just should have talked to you a bit more !

You can't believe how horrified I was when I saw you lying there between the barrier and stage .. I couldn't even clap my hands together until you were back !

If people start to know me they also hate or love me. Most of the time they hate me.

I love you:wub2:

My family doesn't understand me. And I have only 1 friend but I don't think she wants to be my friend anymore :thumbdown: So that will mean that I have zero friends again.

:tears: how can this be possible :blink: you're such a nice, wonderful person

Well I feel like you're a friend of mine really !! But I know I live in Switzerland and you live so far away :sad:

want to hug you right now

I'm also doing things my way, even if people want me to change

Never let other change you ! To be yourself is the best thing forever!!

Starrats you're wonderful !!!