2007 - Star of wonder: Mika talks about his merry future

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This going to sound very cheesy but i don't care, we are all beautiful human beings no matter what size, shape or looks we have..

hippie.gif

Yeah well .. in an ideal world ...

Most people do 'care' and will let you know if you don't fit in their world, and mostly not in a nice way..

Been there, done that, moved on .. (well, sort of ..)

(or something like that).

Oh my God have no idea how much I wanted to cry. I really feel for him.

He can't let anyone new in because so much **** has happened to him in the past, but he craves nothing more than "a little bit of love..."

I know exactly how that feels.

Maybe this is also why Mika feels so connected to his fans - we're weird just like him! :naughty:

Pffft, but who cares? Weirdos RULE!

"I am very suspicious of people," Mika begins. He falls silent for a bit, replaying in his head some scene from his past. It's a habit of his.
"I surround myself with my family and my oldest friends. I don't let new people in."

This was probably the thing I was always convinced of,but never got confirmed,and i absolutely get it

I do feel relieved that I know a weirdo like me now :glasses2:

wow this interview, I can relate to everything here

"Diagnosed dyslexic, considered autistic, certified obsessive compulsive" here discribes me, with a little Post traumatic Stress added in for good measure!

about being bullied, and the self image he has, its because you can only be told such things so many times until you start believing it, unfortunately my bullying didnt stay at a psychological level

"I am very suspicious of people," HELL YEAH, I am very shy, I talk to only those I have to talk to, or those I know for a long time, Im getting better with this slowly, I actually made a friend in high school by saying hello!

because Ive been told all my life how fat and ugly I am, How much of a leach on society I was because my father lived on a benifit, how much I didnt desurve or how stupid I was, you actually start to believe it, and now its hard for me to take a compliment without saying to myself are they taking the piss? are they teasing me?

I think its great that his fans seem to identify that in him, that well most of us are the outsider the underdog, like he said!

Im a weirdo and I cant say im 100% proud of it, considering it would have been easier to have friends!

This was both comforting and sad this interview!

"Diagnosed dyslexic, considered autistic, certified obsessive compulsive" here discribes me, with a little Post traumatic Stress added in for good measure!

about being bullied, and the self image he has, its because you can only be told such things so many times until you start believing it, unfortunately my bullying didnt stay at a psychological level

"I am very suspicious of people," HELL YEAH, I am very shy, I talk to only those I have to talk to, or those I know for a long time, Im getting better with this slowly, I actually made a friend in high school by saying hello!

because Ive been told all my life how fat and ugly I am, How much of a leach on society I was because my father lived on a benifit, how much I didnt desurve or how stupid I was, you actually start to believe it, and now its hard for me to take a compliment without saying to myself are they taking the piss? are they teasing me?

I think its great that his fans seem to identify that in him, that well most of us are the outsider the underdog, like he said!

Im a weirdo and I cant say im 100% proud of it, considering it would have been easier to have friends!

This makes me cry so much....the weird thing is that I am reading about myself. Its like MIKA and I are the same person that is why its so darn spooky...I have a theory which makes me really go (OMG!) I will tell you about it later...***shivers****

How ridiculous that this beautiful man I could stare at for 3 hours without blinking was teased for being ugly. And even more absurd that someone so articulate, creative and quick-witted could be classed as autistic or special needs.

I was shy for about 70% of my life,but I don;t think that made me suspicious,or influenced it in any way

Try to put yourself in a situation where you have to interact with loads of people and you'll see it will get better. I was surprised myself to notice how I had changed after something like that

You can ask the girls I've met how "close to annoyingly open " I am :lol3:

but that's different from being suspicious

Being suspicious dosen't have to make you not interact,interaction can actually help you study that suspicion,to see if it has a good reason

Now on the other hand I'm suspicious when it comes to letting people into my life,I analyze and over analyze,and am very cautious with the amount of info I give out

People will generally say they know stuff about me,but they will realize at one point that they only know generic stuff,and nothing really personal

I know what you mean. Charlie (who is male) and I have been the best of friends since were 4 (we're 18 now) and because we were so odd because we were friends, people bullied us. We weren't "normal" like everyone else because we never made friends with anyone else. We didn't see the need to - we had each other and that's what was important, quality not quantity. I've YET to see a friendship like mine and Charlie's.

I would have probably been more popular if I weren't friends with him, I would probably have had boyfriends too, but I regret nothing. I got called "ginger" because of my hair colour, people asked me to dye it, I got called ugly/minger....one girl called me "you f***ing ugly ginger c***!!!" to my face.

Charlie was always physically bullied and I was always the only one to drag him out from the mess. He had no-one else, and while I had a few acquaintences, Charlie was the only person I had a strong bond with. We were completely alone. If people didn't like us that was fine, but to have people BULLY you and beat you up and down just to prove they didn't like you was unnecessary. It sticks with you throughout your entire life.

Senior school was an uphill struggle. It was one of my most difficult times. But I refused to be anyone but myself - I never wore makeup. I didn't go on some stupid diet. I never dyed my hair nor will I ever. I didn't go for the trandiest clothes. Sure, I wanted people to like me, I wanted to feel I was worth something, but I wanted to be myself too, and have people like me for who I am, and it just didn't happen.

School is one of the happiest times you have? Bull****!!!! I'm glad I've left and I never want to go back. Ever. It's a distant memory and that's all it'll ever be.

I've grown up a lot since then and I probably view the world differently than others. I know how people can be. Bitchy comments don't hurt me now, I've heard enough of them.

People say I'm pretty nowadays but those comments from all those years ago still play over and over in your head.

Some guys come on to me but I'm always convinced that they'll play me around or just want to use me for sex.

It's like what Mika said - he doesn't let anyone new in. I find it easy to make friends, but I struggle so much to let anyone become anything more than that. (I'm getting a bit teary eyed now, please excuse me..) I've been hurt so much by BOYS that I always set up this barrier in front of me. I can't help it. I can't knock it down, because I know that the moment I do, I'm all vulnerable again.

I can't let anyone get close to me, but at the same time all I need is "a little bit of love..."

Life is hard...sometimes. Or pretty much all the time.

Nice one :):thumb_yello:

mika ugly.... :blink: what kind of mirror this guy use?!?!!

but i can understand how someone can think that after being bullied at school by kids... i know many ppl that have scars like that because of kids!

im sure u all do..

sad...

How ridiculous that this beautiful man I could stare at for 3 hours without blinking was teased for being ugly. And even more absurd that someone so articulate, creative and quick-witted could be classed as autistic or special needs.

u know it happend to me to!??!??! when i was like 7-8... the school sent me to get a checkup!

the nurse said she think i have special needs or SOMETHING like that because when she asked me to draw a person...i made him without a NOSE!!!

because im artistic and i made a cute face that looks like a smiley!

my mom was like "WHAT EVER!!!!" and we went out of there :naughty:

I know what you mean. Charlie (who is male) and I have been the best of friends since were 4 (we're 18 now) and because we were so odd because we were friends, people bullied us. We weren't "normal" like everyone else because we never made friends with anyone else. We didn't see the need to - we had each other and that's what was important, quality not quantity. I've YET to see a friendship like mine and Charlie's.

I would have probably been more popular if I weren't friends with him, I would probably have had boyfriends too, but I regret nothing. I got called "ginger" because of my hair colour, people asked me to dye it, I got called ugly/minger....one girl called me "you f***ing ugly ginger c***!!!" to my face.

Charlie was always physically bullied and I was always the only one to drag him out from the mess. He had no-one else, and while I had a few acquaintences, Charlie was the only person I had a strong bond with. We were completely alone. If people didn't like us that was fine, but to have people BULLY you and beat you up and down just to prove they didn't like you was unnecessary. It sticks with you throughout your entire life.

Senior school was an uphill struggle. It was one of my most difficult times. But I refused to be anyone but myself - I never wore makeup. I didn't go on some stupid diet. I never dyed my hair nor will I ever. I didn't go for the trandiest clothes. Sure, I wanted people to like me, I wanted to feel I was worth something, but I wanted to be myself too, and have people like me for who I am, and it just didn't happen.

School is one of the happiest times you have? Bull****!!!! I'm glad I've left and I never want to go back. Ever. It's a distant memory and that's all it'll ever be.

I've grown up a lot since then and I probably view the world differently than others. I know how people can be. Bitchy comments don't hurt me now, I've heard enough of them.

People say I'm pretty nowadays but those comments from all those years ago still play over and over in your head.

Some guys come on to me but I'm always convinced that they'll play me around or just want to use me for sex.

It's like what Mika said - he doesn't let anyone new in. I find it easy to make friends, but I struggle so much to let anyone become anything more than that. (I'm getting a bit teary eyed now, please excuse me..) I've been hurt so much by BOYS that I always set up this barrier in front of me. I can't help it. I can't knock it down, because I know that the moment I do, I'm all vulnerable again.

I can't let anyone get close to me, but at the same time all I need is "a little bit of love..."

:huglove::huglove:

people like that make me so angry :sneaky2:

u know it happend to me to!??!??! when i was like 7-8... the school sent me to get a checkup!

the nurse said she think i have special needs or SOMETHING like that because when she asked me to draw a person...i made him without a NOSE!!!

HAHAHA I think that nurse was the "special" one :roftl: :roftl:

just cos u didn't draw a NOSE!? what the hell :roftl: thats so silly.. and at 7-8 as well, did they expect u to be picasso or something?

Mouhaha :)

When I was 5 I drawed a sun, and instead of making a circle, I did a straight thick horizontal yellow line. The teacher asked why I had did it so and I answered: it melted, cause it was too hot. They told my mom I needed a shrink ;)

It's awful to see how teachers can be intolerant!

Charlie was always physically bullied and I was always the only one to drag him out from the mess. He had no-one else, and while I had a few acquaintences, Charlie was the only person I had a strong bond with. We were completely alone. If people didn't like us that was fine, but to have people BULLY you and beat you up and down just to prove they didn't like you was unnecessary. It stick with you throughout your entire life.

Senior was an uphill struggle. It was one of my most difficult times. But I refused to be anyone but myself - I never wore makeup. I didn't go on some stupid diet. I never dyed my hair nor will I ever. I didn't go for the trandiest clothes. Sure, I wanted people to like me, I wanted to feel I was worth someone, but I wanted to be myself too, and have people like me for who I am, and it just didn't happen.

This is so well written ! I love the story of you and Charlie so much ! I love how you always stick together no matter what ! :wub2:

I was bullied too but not that tough the worst was when everybody started smoking except me... I mean I don't mind if someone smokes but I just don't want to because my aunt died of it... they didn't understand and left me like a broken toy.... but at least I found out that these weren't true friends and now I have some TRUE friends

two of them I would even entrust my life to!

But now I get on with almoust everyone in my class and also with people from other classes... I guess we all grew older and they learned somehow to accept me the way I am .. Yes I am this weird girl that loves Queen and Mika and gives a name to her mobile phone :roftl: but who cares? I'm proud !

But still I don't like my look and that's probably the reason why I'm that shy... :blush-anim-cl:

ah words can't hurt me anymore, I've heard them all before.

that's good.. but still.. noone should have to go through that.. but hey hoe, life's never fair :thumbdown: like stupid graham norton show not showing the uncut scene, C'MON arrrrgh!!! lol