2007 - Star of wonder: Mika talks about his merry future

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so well written ! I love the story of you and Charlie so much ! I love how you always stick together no matter what ! :wub2:

I was bullied too but not that tough the worst was when everybody started smoking except me... I mean I don't mind if someone smokes but I just don't want to because my aunt died of it... they didn't understand and left me like a broken toy.... but at least I found out that these weren't true friends and now I have some TRUE friends

two of them I would even entrust my life to!

But now I get on with almoust everyone in my class and also with people from other classes... I guess we all grew older and they learned somehow to accept me the way I am .. Yes I am this weird girl that loves Queen and Mika and gives a name to her mobile phone :roftl: but who cares? I'm proud !

But still I don't like my look and that's probably the reason why I'm that shy... :blush-anim-cl:

thanks. well someone tried to get me to smoke and i said no :roftl; i wasnt going to conform to everyone else, just cos everyone else was doing it. Pffft, screw them!

that's good.. but still.. noone should have to go through that.. but hey hoe, life's never fair :thumbdown: like stupid graham norton show not showing the uncut scene, C'MON arrrrgh!!! lol

:roftl: you always say the appropriate things!

I also understand where you guys are coming from. when I was much younger I was bullied, and as a result am now a shy person. I am also dsylexic and have had some teachers telling me I'm too slow, or lazy to work, when really I was always trying had to succeed.

Truth is, now I am much happier and people are more aware of my learning needs.:biggrin2:

LMAO! i think so to! :sneaky2:

:roftl:

I was quite the opposite at my age. I was actually really intelligent. By the age of four I was able to read the word "honour" :boxed: what a WEIRDO! :shocked::roftl:

I also understand where you guys are coming from. when I was much younger I was bullied, and as a result am now a shy person. I am also dsylexic and have had some teachers telling me I'm too slow, or lazy to work, when really I was always trying had to succeed.

Truth is, now I am much happier and people are more aware of my learning needs.

:thumb_yello:

just cos u didn't draw a NOSE!? what the hell :roftl: thats so silly.. and at 7-8 as well, did they expect u to be picasso or something?

well...i think picasso was weirder than me!

haha look at these! :biggrin2::blink::naughty::roftl:

all of the dont have a nose!!!! the person that drew them need help! :roftl:

:roftl:

I was quite the opposite at my age. I was actually really intelligent. By the age of four I was able to read the word "honour" :boxed: what a WEIRDO! :shocked::roftl:

:thumb_yello:

wait are u saying i WASNT intelligent???? :sneaky2:

:naughty:

Interesting reading, seriously.

About being ugly...I understand him so well. When you spend half of your life hearing you´re useless, ugly, sh*t..it´s quite difficult to think people can find you attractive, sexy or talented. Even sometimes you think they´re mocking at you when they´re saying good things about you :)

Touche!!! I've heard that the whole time growing up, so now if anyone compliments me I don't believe them, and that won't ever change just because if you have someone/a bunch of people repeatedly saying that it kinda sinks in so deep it'll never come out

haha look at these! (here were some smilies in the original ;) )

yes picasso needs help too... :boxed::roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: haha who made the smilies huh??

haha look at these! :biggrin2::blink:

and hey he's famous for it :bleh:

ha ha.. and they're pretty cool smileys as well :) god your teacher is missing out :mf_rosetinted: << no nose :naughty:

although I have to say, when I read about the christmas tree I really wanted to laugh :roftl:

Not because I was being horrible, but because I thought it was majorly, majorly CUTE. And thoughtful, actually. I can see where the teachers were coming from because of all the mess, but it's the thought that counts. I wanted to hug the child Mica so bad when I read that. Just absolutely adorable.

"I thought the school could do with a christmas tree..." :roftl:

Bless.

although I have to say, when I read about the christmas tree I really wanted to laugh :roftl:

Not because I was being horrible, but because I thought it was majorly, majorly CUTE. And thoughtful, actually. I can see where the teachers were coming from because of all the mess, but it's the thought that counts. I wanted to hug the child Mica so bad when I read that. Just absolutely adorable.

"I thought the school could do with a christmas tree..." :roftl:

Bless.

I see where you're coming from with that Caz! It is something that could make you want to giggle, if only he hadn't gotten in so much trouble for it. It's just like laughing at the precious kids on that show "Kids Say the Darndest Things." He must have been the cutest, most thoughtful little boy.

:crybaby::emot-sad: I got teary eyed reading this article, I could just picture Mika, this strange little oddling that no one would take the time to get to know properly, he was obviously struggling his way through lots of poopy things and maybe this was his way of dealing with it.

I hope it's all made him stronger, I am sure it must have and I feel so proud of him for getting through it all and is able to hold his drop dead gorgeous head up way high above all those cr*ppy bullies of all ages cos the boy done good...F*king good too actually so nurr nurr etc.

Yes I wish I could hug him , imagine the love he would get if we all did that at once lol poor guy. But yeah, I was bullied too for being poor, getting free school meals, having sparrow legs (wish I had those now lol), for getting our electric cut off all the time cos my parents spent their money on booze at the pub or the bingo :sneaky2: while we (6 of us kids) had holes in our shoes and not a lot of food in the house etc. Still, I DID have some good friends and they were trust worthy great friends, I was very unpopular cos of the bullying etc but at least I DID have one or two very best mates.

The weird thing is, I didn't hold this against my parents as it was all I knew at the time and it only made me stop and think once I had kids of my own.

so yeah guess I am a 40 odd year old weirdo too. (not seen my parents for 25 years and they have never seen my kids who are grown up now).

I learned to live without them.

:crybaby::emot-sad: I got teary eyed reading this article, I could just picture Mika, this strange little oddling that no one would take the time to get to know properly, he was obviously struggling his way through lots of poopy things and maybe this was his way of dealing with it.

I hope it's all made him stronger, I am sure it must have and I feel so proud of him for getting through it all and is able to hold his drop dead gorgeous head up way high above all those cr*ppy bullies of all ages cos the boy done good...F*king good too actually so nurr nurr etc.

Yes I wish I could hug him , imagine the love he would get if we all did that at once lol poor guy. But yeah, I was bullied too for being poor, getting free school meals, having sparrow legs (wish I had those now lol), for getting our electric cut off all the time cos my parents spent their money on booze at the pub or the bingo :sneaky2: while we (6 of us kids) had holes in our shoes and not a lot of food in the house etc. Still, I DID have some good friends and they were trust worthy great friends, I was very unpopular cos of the bullying etc but at least I DID have one or two very best mates.

The weird thing is, I didn't hold this against my parents as it was all I knew at the time and it only made me stop and think once I had kids of my own.

so yeah guess I am a 40 odd year old weirdo too. (not seen my parents for 25 years and they have never seen my kids who are grown up now).

I learned to live without them.

:shocked: wow this is tough ... My childhood was wonderful... hearing this makes me teary :tears:

:huglove:

Thank you so much for the interview!

I didn't think it was possible,but now I love him even more!

"Generally, the people who like my music are the less conventional ones – the outsiders, the weirdos," he says. "It's amazing how many of us there are."

Count me in!

This makes me cry so much....the weird thing is that I am reading about myself. Its like MIKA and I are the same person that is why its so darn spooky...I have a theory which makes me really go (OMG!) I will tell you about it later...***shivers****

this theory sounds intriguing,

I know exactly what you mean, I read his experiences and I was like thats me! omg! (including the tree thing, I did that and Im alergic to pine trees :blush-anim-cl:)

It was so relieving but at the same time sad, i do not wish that on anyone

I was shy for about 70% of my life,but I don;t think that made me suspicious,or influenced it in any way

Try to put yourself in a situation where you have to interact with loads of people and you'll see it will get better. I was surprised myself to notice how I had changed after something like that

You can ask the girls I've met how "close to annoyingly open " I am :lol3:

but that's different from being suspicious

Being suspicious dosen't have to make you not interact,interaction can actually help you study that suspicion,to see if it has a good reason

Now on the other hand I'm suspicious when it comes to letting people into my life,I analyze and over analyze,and am very cautious with the amount of info I give out

People will generally say they know stuff about me,but they will realize at one point that they only know generic stuff,and nothing really personal

I am very suspicious of everyone I meet, are they genuine? what are their intentions? are they lying to get close to me find the info and then use it against me? is it safe to talk to them and if so how far should I tell this person?

this strings from my bullying from my peers but also by the workers involved when my family was breaking up, I was bullied by child services, people would pretend to be my friend to get infromation about me and then turn it against me so yeah, Its almost like a social phobia! It gets pretty bad when Ive known this guy for over 4 years and still get nervious or worried as to his intentions when I havent seen him in a while, and sometimes I find myself questioning my closest friends!

I am putting myself in a situation this holiday season, im going away to summer camp where I only know one person, whom I met only 8 months ago!

I could list all the things i was bullied for but It would take a whole year!

stuff like:

because of the bridge of my nose is wide and my eyes narrrow, "ching chong" etc

because my father worked but my mum still brought my clothes at a 2nd hand store.

for my parents being older than the other parents.

for the way i walked,

My dyslexia

because I talked too much

THEN because I didn't talk enough

Thats enough for now you get my point.

Bullying sucks, every day i work to accomplish what I want to, In the end, if i feel happy and succeeded then I have proven them all wrong!