2007 - Star of wonder: Mika talks about his merry future

lollipop_monkey

Did you only start really liking Mika once you got to know about his backstory? Or do you think a lot of people can "smell" the misfit he says that the bullies could detect when he was a child?

QUOTE]

I think to an extent, that is true for me. Because the first song of his I ever heard - Grace Kelly is saying "why don't you like me without making me try" and I fully related to that. When I was younger my brothers ridiculed me nonstop and my dad was/is very harsh. I have had a few good friends, and some bad experiences too. I have always felt very different from others. I had a good time in High School and was well-liked but elementary was mostly very difficult, and then I married a jerk (and divorced him) and kind of went back into a shell that I am trying to get out of. But I really related to the general sentiment of Grace Kelly, even though it was written to the music industry. So I loved his music from second one of hearing it... and then everything I've learned of him since then has just built on that!

I would think people would be drawn to him like mad too. He is a beautiful person inside and out!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"A select few musicians are singled out as uniquely sensitive to their fans' needs, and Mika is one of them. Strangers give him presents. "I get amazing things from sketch books filled with their drawings to hand-made kimonos for my toys and this incredible embroidered shirt that I wear."

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I loved the interview but it's quite sad. I felt very sad while reading it anyway. And he's right, I think all of us, the fans, are outsiders. I think the real fans are anyway. Because there are many people who claim to be a 'fan' but only like him because of his looks (And believe me Mika, you look good!) I think all of us stand out from the crowd and most of us have been bullied, so we can connect to Mika in a way, that's why we like him so much. Because thanks to him we know that we can accomplish something and that we're not as useless as they say we are. At least that's how I feel about it:thumb_yello:

i agree

actually, it's not that bad to be an outsider, at least you know what is happiness and how to appreciate others be grateful to others ...

for those common people, all they care about are themselves

"believe me Mika, you look good!" no matter from which angle, with or without the glittering bits

i think it's bit like for us all, or many of us at least. a part of him is self aware of his looks, TRUST ME... :mf_rosetinted: and a part of him is still deeply unsecure... :wink2: that's also a good thing, when you come down to it: it turns down our vanity and it keeps us grounded. though the bad memories it's attached to, may not be pleasant to look back at. :boxed:

thanks for posting!

at least one long article and interview with something new about mika...

now

i'm soooooooooooo curious to see that photo shooting with mika wearing our birthday shirt!!!!! it might be that one!

and that would be an honour for me....and for us all...meaning that he actually likes it! :blush-anim-cl:

and yes mika...you are ugly, so ugly....

*pats on his shoulder*

thanks for posting!

now

i'm soooooooooooo curious to see that photo shooting with mika wearing our birthday shirt!!!!! it might be that one!

and that would be an honour for me....and for us all...meaning that he actually likes it! :blush-anim-cl:

*pats on his shoulder*

yeah...I've always thought it too...

Considered autistic?!

Based on knowing a few autistics, I don't think that Mika shows any signs of it at all...

Ummm..... I have wondered if Mika is autistic. NOW, WAIT!! Don't all jump on me. Let me explain. Autism is not just autism. There is something called the autism spectrum and everybody ranges on there somewhere. Some of us have more traits than others and would therefore be somewhere further along the spectrum (think of it like a line) than others. Once you get to a certain point along the line, you may have enough traits to be considered as having a certain syndrome or disorder. A very close family member of mine has Asperger's Syndrome. It is an Autism Spectrum Disorder, essentially a very high functioning form of autism. If you met this person for a short period of time you would think there was nothing wrong with them per se, but you may be able to sense they were a bit "different". The more you were around them the more you would probably pick up on the differentness (yes, i think i just invented a new word), whilst still not necessarily being able to tell what was wrong. This family member of mine sees the world differently, interprets the world differently and experiences the world differently than most people. Not a huge amount of difference. Just enough. And people do "sniff it out". And so he is bullied and also has no friends.

Some of the things I've read about Mika have made me wonder about him having Asperger's Syndrome, not actually autism. However, when I've watched him being interviewed or interacting with fans, I start to doubt it, just because of how well he copes. And I know my family member could never do those things because his difficulty with social interactions is one of the biggest things about his Asperger's. Just my thoughts....

BEWARE MASHOOSIVE WAFFLE BELOW!!!

I kinda didn't take much notice the 1st time I saw and heard Mika on tv (my daughter Bumble Bee Vix) wanted to show me him and his new song, and I was being a bit aloof and trying to not like it really (cos I always gave her the time of day so to speak and would listen to her music etc and end up liking it, yet she would rarely do the same in return so I was being a bit uppity about it).

But then after she played it a few times I got to really like it and then started to agree he was kinda cute if a bit thin and I normally like short hair on a bloke. Then I started researching vids on him and interviews etc on the pc and the main thing I loved was his humour, he seemed so different, he did silly interviews, wasn't afraid to do stupid things (like the chubby bunny stuff), then I got taken by all the stories of how nice a person he is and how he appreciates his fans, I liked his closeness to his family and his mum in particular (probs cos of my own abandonment by my mum sorta thing).

the more Mika info I soaked up the more I got to really really like WHO he is, it feels like he shows us himself, it doesn't feel like he hides all that much so I guess it feels a bit like we know him, (though in reality we only know what he cares to share with us).

His LICM album makes me happy when I listen to the melodies yet the lyrics and meanings and my own interpretations evoke deeper feelings. His other material some of it is stunning, one song in particular makes me teary, yet his live shows just make me soooo happy.

This man has given me more than he will ever know, I have gained in happiness and confidence in aspects of my life totally unrelated to anything Mika-ish (well it set the ball rolling in the first place I guess).

These things are why we think so much of him, it's NOT just cos he sings like an angel, looks like an Adonis and has the heart and soul of a saint.

(I know that lot sounds uber sloppy but if I try to define it all that is how it comes out and I am kinda like that, well I WAS and he just brings it back out again and I like it):biggrin2:

I completely agree. I've said it in numerous places around this fanclub. I feel like I've gotten my life back after living in a vacuum for too many years. And he will never know really, what that means to me.

thanks for posting!

now

*pats on his shoulder*

you know thats what i was thinking when reading that i wonder if its the embroidered birthday shirt :thumb_yello:

such a sweet heartfelt interview :blush-anim-cl:

[quote name=chickadee;955909

I completely agree. I've said it in numerous places around this fanclub. I feel like I've gotten my life back after living in a vacuum for too many years. And he will never know really' date=' what that means to me.[/quote]

:tears:..he's givin' us so much:wub2:

First, thanks so much for posting!

The interview is really quite sad, but I think that I can also warm your heart in some way.

Interesting reading, seriously.

About being ugly...I understand him so well. When you spend half of your life hearing you´re useless, ugly, sh*t..it´s quite difficult to think people can find you attractive, sexy or talented. Even sometimes you think they´re mocking at you when they´re saying good things about you :)

I absolutely agree. I did spend more than half of my life hearing that I'm ugly, weird, that I don't fit in and stuff like that...well, that part about not fitting in, never really meant a thing to me, because I was happy not to (I'm odd, I know:naughty: ). But hearing that I'm f***ing ugly, that I'm a skeleton and that I'm the ugliest person ever, didn't really help to bulid my self-assurance. Most of that happened in those most sensitive years of growing up. However, now I don't care about my look and I feel good about myself, more confident.

I loved the interview but it's quite sad. I felt very sad while reading it anyway. And he's right, I think all of us, the fans, are outsiders. I think the real fans are anyway. Because there are many people who claim to be a 'fan' but only like him because of his looks (And believe me Mika, you look good!) I think all of us stand out from the crowd and most of us have been bullied, so we can connect to Mika in a way, that's why we like him so much. Because thanks to him we know that we can accomplish something and that we're not as useless as they say we are. At least that's how I feel about it:thumb_yello:

You said it all...there's nothing to add.:thumb_yello:

Beside that- I really liked this part about the christmas tree. Just another proof of how sweet and adorable he is. I can't believe how cruel these people were to him, though.

And the thing he said about gifts. :wub2:

Thank you soo much for posting it!! I really like the great part of the interview, even if some bits are too much Italian :naughty: (i.e very conceited and fictional)

I'm soo glad for the things he said about our gifts (b-day present in particular :blush-anim-cl: .......:fisch: ) and because for the umpteenth (do you say it?:blink:) time he gave the truly proof that he is soo genuine :blush-anim-cl:

thank you again!!

Thank you soo much for posting it!! I really like the great part of the interview, even if some bits are too much Italian :naughty: (i.e very conceited and fictional)

I'm soo glad for the things he said about our gifts (b-day present in particular :blush-anim-cl: .......:fisch: ) and because for the umpteenth (do you say it?:blink:) time he gave the truly proof that he is soo genuine :blush-anim-cl:

thank you again!!

ot: sai che lo vedrei bene a far uno spot del Mulino Bianco???:roftl:

"I get amazing things from sketch books filled with their drawings to hand-made kimonos for my toys and this incredible embroidered shirt that I wear."

Mika is like, the opposite of ugly !

The christmas tree thing made me ( and my friend ) laugh :roftl: So sweet of him I would have loved to have him at my school!!

This article gave me a sad feeling. I hate it so much when people get bullied. And Mika is not ugly. He's so cute. That he dragged a Christmas tree to school is so sweet!

Thanks for posting!

Interesting reading, seriously.

About being ugly...I understand him so well. When you spend half of your life hearing you´re useless, ugly, sh*t..it´s quite difficult to think people can find you attractive, sexy or talented. Even sometimes you think they´re mocking at you when they´re saying good things about you

I loved the interview but it's quite sad. I felt very sad while reading it anyway. And he's right, I think all of us, the fans, are outsiders. I think the real fans are anyway. Because there are many people who claim to be a 'fan' but only like him because of his looks (And believe me Mika, you look good!) I think all of us stand out from the crowd and most of us have been bullied, so we can connect to Mika in a way, that's why we like him so much. Because thanks to him we know that we can accomplish something and that we're not as useless as they say we are. At least that's how I feel about it

Some of us doesn´t have a happy childhood and Mika makes us feel we all are worth it,including him

I loved this interview! But it was sad

About the "odd face" thing: It is true, but it's definitely not a bad thing. It's so much more attractive than the usual face of a man haha.

I almost cried about the Christmas tree thing - that was so sweet of him to attempt to do:blush-anim-cl: Also the part about the gifts from the fans warmed me heart (again)

And yes, we are outsiders If sitting at the computer for hours on end on a fan club doesn't make you a weirdo, then I don't know what does:roftl:

I love the picture too!

Thanks for posting

Oh my God have no idea how much I wanted to cry. I really feel for him.

He can't let anyone new in because so much **** has happened to him in the past, but he craves nothing more than "a little bit of love..."

I know exactly how that feels.

Maybe this is also why Mika feels so connected to his fans - we're weird just like him! :naughty:

Pffft, but who cares? Weirdos RULE!

What more can i say....I agree :thumb_yello:

I was shy for about 70% of my life,but I don;t think that made me suspicious,or influenced it in any way

Try to put yourself in a situation where you have to interact with loads of people and you'll see it will get better. I was surprised myself to notice how I had changed after something like that

You can ask the girls I've met how "close to annoyingly open " I am :lol3:

but that's different from being suspicious

Being suspicious dosen't have to make you not interact,interaction can actually help you study that suspicion,to see if it has a good reason

Now on the other hand I'm suspicious when it comes to letting people into my life,I analyze and over analyze,and am very cautious with the amount of info I give out

People will generally say they know stuff about me,but they will realize at one point that they only know generic stuff,and nothing really personal

Yeah I'm suspicious and shy :blink: but i've realized that since joining the MFC i became a bit more open, but i'm still pretty shy and suspicious of ppl..it takes a while for me to get comfortable and become friends with someone....and ironicly on MFC it didn't take me long to call some of u my friends...weird:blink: it just amazes me how much MFCers have in common and how easily it is to get along with each other!

Ummm..... I have wondered if Mika is autistic. NOW, WAIT!! Don't all jump on me. Let me explain. Autism is not just autism. There is something called the autism spectrum and everybody ranges on there somewhere. Some of us have more traits than others and would therefore be somewhere further along the spectrum (think of it like a line) than others. Once you get to a certain point along the line, you may have enough traits to be considered as having a certain syndrome or disorder. A very close family member of mine has Asperger's Syndrome. It is an Autism Spectrum Disorder, essentially a very high functioning form of autism. If you met this person for a short period of time you would think there was nothing wrong with them per se, but you may be able to sense they were a bit "different".

I hope I'm not jumping on you, but I have to disagree. Asperger's may be more highly functioning than other forms of autism but it also shares a couple of primary traits and symptoms - lack of eye contact and inability to read social cues.

If anything, Mika has the exact opposite thing going on. His ability to connect with people is not just adequate, it's extraordinary. He's one of those people like Bill Clinton or Princess Diana that is amazingly gifted in that regard.

I stood beside Suzy while she spoke to him and even though he was sick, being rushed into the venue and was forcing himself not to speak, he still listened to what she had to say very intently and only broke eye contact with her to look at me and Sivan when our names were mentioned.

He also seeks out a lot of eye contact when he's performing and I think it fuels his high energy level because when he connects with the audience it's a thrill for him. You can see it in his face and feel it in his bounce.

Mika may possess some oddity that people can detect, but he is affectionate, responsive, quick-witted and his gaze is warm and intense. It couldn't be farther from any form of autism, IMO.

I hope I'm not jumping on you, but I have to disagree. Asperger's may be more highly functioning than other forms of autism but it also shares a couple of primary traits and symptoms - lack of eye contact and inability to read social cues.

If anything, Mika has the exact opposite thing going on. His ability to connect with people is not just adequate, it's extraordinary. He's one of those people like Bill Clinton or Princess Diana that is amazingly gifted in that regard.

I stood beside Suzy while she spoke to him and even though he was sick, being rushed into the venue and was forcing himself not to speak, he still listened to what she had to say very intently and only broke eye contact with her to look at me and Sivan when our names were mentioned.

He also seeks out a lot of eye contact when he's performing and I think it fuels his high energy level because when he connects with the audience it's a thrill for him. You can see it in his face and feel it in his bounce.

Mika may possess some oddity that people can detect, but he is affectionate, responsive, quick-witted and his gaze is warm and intense. It couldn't be farther from any form of autism, IMO.

:wub2: .... I remember that gaze ...... it is indeed warm & intense .... :wub2::naughty:

Wow, reading this has made me realise something about myself . I find it very difficult to make eye contact with people, not just strangers, but my family and friends too. I put it down to a bit of a phobia I have about eyes, but this makes a bit more sense, although I still will have the phobia. I think the only time I haven't broken off eye contact with anyone is, weirdly, when I was in Munich and during Lollipop Mika came over to the side I was standing, and looked straight at me, normally I would look down or away, but for some reason I was transfixed, it was a great moment for me. I still do have trouble, and even meeting him since then I don't hold contact long, but that one moment was awesome.