2007 - Star of wonder: Mika talks about his merry future

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I'm very tired. I haven't eaten anything all day and just recently come back from an xmas meal where i gobbled a lot of things in one go, so my brain is mush. Excuse me.

But I don't think that "I don't let anybody new in" means he's autistic...I think it's because of all bullying and maybe a heartbreak he had in the past and it links back with what he said earlier...he's very suspicious of people. He finds it hard to trust, which I can relate to in my long-arse post that's a few pages back. I don't know incredibly much about autism - I just know that they don't like change and I know there's a lot more to it than that - but going by that and THAT ALONE, it appears to me that Mika is NOT autistic. I mean, he travels ALL THE TIME. I don't know what kind of "change" it implies (perhaps a change in parents relationships..) but I'm assuming a change in home and scenery could count too.

I'm tired. I don't know wtf I'm saying. Goodnight!

Ha ha, yeah, if being a weird freak is wrong, I don't wanna be right

I love the way you said that!

Now, I'm very tired. I haven't eaten anything all day and just recently come back from an xmas meal where i gobbled a lot of things in one go, so my brain is mush. Excuse me.

But I don't think that "I don't let anybody new in" means he's autistic...I think it's because of all bullying and maybe a heartbreak he had in the past and it links back with what he said earlier...he's very suspicious of people. He finds it hard to trust, which I can relate to in my long-arse post that's a few pages back. I don't know incredibly much about autism - I just know that they don't like change and I know there's a lot more to it than that - but going by that and THAT ALONE, it appears to me that Mika is NOT autistic. I mean, he travels ALL THE TIME. I don't know what kind of "change" it implies (perhaps a change in parents relationships..) but I'm assuming a change in home and scenery could count too.

I'm tired. I don't know wtf I'm saying. Goodnight!

for my mother its like she can travel but as long as NOTHING in her room/house/flat is moved out of place, its like as long as that station is there and its exactly the same as when you left, you can come back to it, she cant handle it when the furnature of her house is moved around, they also dont like the upheval of moving houses. some of mikas characteristics do actually fit with mild autism but can also be atributed to other things which is why, I think, it is "considered autistic"

he did say in an interview that he hated change, like moving his flat.

Autism is a condition surrounded by myth and generalizations about people with autism that are rarely appropriate. The common beliefs that people with autism never express emotion, never smile or laugh, never make eye contact, never talk, and never display affection are simply that—myths.

Just as every person is unique, with his or her own personality and characteristics, every person with autism manifests the disorder in his or her unique way.

The list of symptoms and behaviors associated with autism is long, and each affected person expresses his or her own combination of these behaviors. None of these clinical features is common to all people with autism, and many are occasionally exhibited by people who are not autistic.

In some people with autism who express affection, the affection may be indiscriminate.

"considered" suggests they attempted to find out and results were inconclusive, just on my medical records say suspected "ADHD" and I never had ADHD it was just something that they had been looking into for a long time and nothing added up!

results unconclusive so they say "considered autistic"

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness”

“People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.”

“Life isn't weird: just us.”

we are all weird! and i think thats pretty cool!

why am i quoting....i dont know

Christine, you didn't quote the second half of what I said. In the second half, I do say that watching him be interviewed and with his fans he does very well and that made me start to doubt that he might have asperger's as the social interactions were the things my family member had most trouble with.

What made you wonder if he had Asperger's to start with? Because he was ostracized as a child or something you see in him now?

I would like to get my hands on a medical journal from 300 years in the future, to see what they've learned about autism and related disorders. And ADD/ADHD. And OCD.

There's so much we just don't know about how the brain really works, and I think that we're still very early in understanding those types of things.

I think there's so little they know that I don't trust many diagnoses anyway, particularly when it comes to ADHD. I find it highly suspect that in a generation of overindulgent parents that suddenly there is this an epidemic of this disease.

I've also got a personal experience with an Asperger's diagnosis which I won't get into here because I don't want to make generalizations or put anyone on the defensive.

I've studied psychology and suffice it to say I think way too much of it is nonsense.

What made you wonder if he had Asperger's to start with? Because he was ostracized as a child or something you see in him now?

I think there's so little they know that I don't trust many diagnoses anyway, particularly when it comes to ADHD. I find it highly suspect that in a generation of overindulgent parents that suddenly there is this an epidemic of this disease.

I've also got a personal experience with an Asperger's diagnosis which I won't get into here because I don't want to make generalizations or put anyone on the defensive.

I've studied psychology and suffice it to say I think way too much of it is nonsense.

bear in mind as i said It does say ""considered autistic" which could equally mean results are inconclusive!

I agree I also dont trust many diagnoses, I mean especially in my country with ADHD its like if the drugs work then they are considered ADHD

I personally see some autistic traits in mika but like I also said before that any nonautistic person can also have the same problems so...inconclusive!

Gosh...Mika truly is a blessing. I mean..think about it guys..if it wasn't for him, then this forum wouldn't exist, and we'd all not know eachother and carry on living our lives thinking that we're the only weird freaks in the world. But thanks to Mika...we all now know that he is just like us and we're all like eachother!!! Well...I shouldn't say all....but....most of us!!:biggrin2:

I've lived for 15 years and throughout those years, I've always felt like a flamingo in a flock of pigeons every where I go. I always thought I was the only weirdo in this place. Well..actually...that lasted 14 years. This year, the year I turned 15, has been a complete blast...thanks to my darling Mika.:biggrin2:

Gosh...Mika truly is a blessing. I mean..think about it guys..if it wasn't for him, then this forum wouldn't exist, and we'd all not know eachother and carry on living our lives thinking that we're the only weird freaks in the world. But thanks to Mika...we all now know that he is just like us and we're all like eachother!!! Well...I shouldn't say all....but....most of us!!:biggrin2:

I've lived for 15 years and throughout those years, I've always felt like a flamingo in a flock of pigeons every where I go. I always thought I was the only weirdo in this place. Well..actually...that lasted 14 years. This year, the year I turned 15, has been a complete blast...thanks to my darling Mika.:biggrin2:

YES! Exactly! I wounder if mika actually knows the extent of himself coming into our lives, having said that I dont think we know the extent of us coming into his and also, there are no words to explain it!

YES! Exactly! I wounder if mika actually knows the extent of himself coming into our lives, having said that I dont think we know the extent of us coming into his and also, there are no words to explain it!

I really do hope we do somehow affect his life!!!

I really do hope we do somehow affect his life!!!

If you're speaking about fans collectively, I think that goes without saying.

I was not a huge fan when I first saw Mika live but he said something at the show that I thought was sweet and really stuck with me afterwards. He thanked every person in the room for buying their ticket and supporting him before all the hype hit. When tickets went on sale only a lucky 600 knew who he was and thought he was worth seeing. The night he performed, his album had debuted at #2 in the country and tickets were being scalped at 7 times their face value.

I found out later he said the same thing at Koko and probably was telling all his audiences that in the early days :naughty:...but still.

Here he is thanking fans on this tour for making it the most incredible year of his life.

If you're speaking about fans collectively, I think that goes without saying.

I Here he is thanking fans on this tour for making it the most incredible year of his life.

Thanks for that Christine, I hadn't seen it. Kata and I both said that he seemed really sincere that evening and looking at the youtube footage, I still think that.

That was the best gig I have been to.

Now I am feeling all emotional again, I can't be doing with it.

Thanks for that Christine, I hadn't seen it. Kata and I both said that he seemed really sincere that evening and looking at the youtube footage, I still think that.

:huglove:

You can´t help it, dear babs :wink2:

oh, i can feel the good spirit there. And the slip at the end..bless! :lol3:

Awwwww you guys, here's a little something colourful from the Mail on Sunday 'Live' magazine to bring a smile back to your faces, enjoy...

Mailonsunday231207.jpg

Mailonsunday231207d.jpg

Mailonsunday231207f.jpg

It's the same article as the online one. The Christmas tree incident though... awwwww don't you just want to go "choogie choogie" and playfully pinch his cheeks :blush-anim-cl:

"I was always told I was ugly. I still think I am ugly. I know I've got an odd face and you can't tell me otherwise. It's the same with what I do. Part of me sees myself as talented, and the other part sees me as strange. Ideas get stuck in your head and nothing changes them. Not even fame."

WTF??!!!

Mika, if you're ugly then what am i suppossed to be...?

You ARE perfect!

Awww...:huglove:

You can hear in his voice that he really means it. And how could he not? He must have had the most incredible year of his life and if he wasn't getting the feedback he does from fans I don't think it would be anywhere near as thrilling for him.

Album sales are just numbers. 5,000 people jumping and singing along with you to the songs you wrote is undeniable proof that your work is appreciated and that you are loved. To have that reception from London to Paris to Bologna to Munich to Tokyo to Sydney to NYC to Montreal must be mind blowing for him.

I hope that thrill never wears off and he can still feel it year after year.

oh my god..... :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I didn't imagine it was THAT good.....

:shocked:

can someone kindly tell me where I could get a copy of this myself..? :tears:

and is there any chance some kind soul could post a high res scan of the mika wearing purple part of the pic..? :tears:

I'm still stunned :mf_lustslow: