Jools' Annual Hootenanny 2007

babspanky

Jools' Annual Hootenanny 2007

Jools Holland welcomes 2008 with a musical celebration featuring a wide-ranging mix of acts. Paul McCartney tops the bill, while Kylie Minogue celebrates her 20 years in the charts and the release of her 10th album X. Kaiser Chiefs perform tracks from Yours Truly, Angry Mob, including Ruby, and the one and only nutty boys, Madness, dip into their 25-year back catalogue. There are also appearances by two artists who have made their mark over the past 12 months - Mika, with his Life in Cartoon Motion album, featuring the massive hit Grace Kelly, and Lily Allen soundalike Kate Nash, with the kitchen-sink pop of album Made of Bricks. Rounding off the bill is Sixties soul singer Eddie Floyd, with the classic Knock on Wood. As the clocks strike 12, the Pipes and Drums of the 1st Battalion of the Scots Guards help bring in the new year SUB HD

General Music/Ballet/Dance

Monday 31st December at 11:05pm on BBC 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this live or do they tape it before NYE?

It's been recorded already, maybe last week, I think.

Apparently the audience tickets for this are some of the hardest to get.

I couldn't find much about them and by the time I did I didn't bother applying as I thought I would have been much too late.

Woohoo! Thankgod I have no friends and will be staying in:mf_rosetinted:

AWW Jem, are you not going out then? I'll add you to my rapidly growing list of friends I'll be drunkenly texting then, oh hang on you're already on there.LOL!

Don't they usually repeat it the next morning about 10am or some ridiculous time that no one is up on new years day, due to excessive amounts of alcohol from the night before, or is that just me then,heh heh!

I'll be staying home alone too! Hubby magic-ing in Ealand. Good job there's something exciting on the tele.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/i96434/mika.html

Link to Digital Spy, pic of Mika at Hootenanny

Is your husband a wizard?

And who's that man it the background? He's not on the drums is he?

I hate new years eve anyway, I know I am a miserable bitch.

And Christmas.

And birthdays.

I love xmas, can stand bdays , not a fan of NYE.

I am glad it's actually recorded.. I was worried mika spent all his hols in live shows... :fisch::mf_rosetinted:

hi bab!

will you be recording it for us sad people on this side of the pond?

please? :naughty:

I will, and seeing as I hate new year, I might upload it quite quickly, it will be more entertaining than new years celebrations - humbug, I say!

I will, and seeing as I hate new year, I might upload it quite quickly, it will be more entertaining than new years celebrations - humbug, I say!

Yay! I hate NYE too, so I can watch the Hootenany by 8 or 9 pm and go to bed. :naughty:

You know NYE sucks in Toronto because it's usually -17C, but I did have some great nights in England. This is where I was at 12:07 am on Jan 1, 2000.

39015212_2df284a9fa_o.jpg

Guess I'll just have to settle for Mika in 2007. It's not like I've done anything else this year, so it would be very fitting.

lol thank you! humbug huh? you seem like quite the friendly humbug to me!

we have candies in montreal called humbugs... as anyone ever tasted them?

i'm not sure if they exist anywhere else. they are made in a little candy shop. you can watch the people make them in the storefront.

i'll be spending new years eve at home as well, but going out on the 1st to my parent's house, for the annual big bash :biggrin2: and since your new years festivities start about 6 hours before ours... i'll have plenty time to see it before leaving! thanks:blush-anim-cl:

Well I will be looking forward to the upload...thankyou!

Suzy I love your holiday poem!

I have been at the beach for a week....oh no lovely sunshine, no not for me...we had two days of floods (a 5 year drought here continues) and gloomy cold days with the log fire roaring...ah gotta love summer holidays in southern Australia. Next week is meant to be hot...but at least MFC will be hot if Oz is not.

(my poem haha!)

Yay! I hate NYE too, so I can watch the Hootenany by 8 or 9 pm and go to bed. :naughty:

You know NYE sucks in Toronto because it's usually -17C, but I did have some great nights in England. This is where I was at 12:07 am on Jan 1, 2000.

Guess I'll just have to settle for Mika in 2007. It's not like I've done anything else this year, so it would be very fitting.

wow nice picture! some day i'll go visit ! some day!

I have had some hideous new years, just because it was expected that you go out and "enjoy" yourself. Nights spent in overcrowed, overpriced clubs drinking overpriced drinks, climbing the fountains in Trafalgar Sq (when you still could do that), coming home on the night bus as dawn was breaking, inevitably a grey drizzly morning..........

The first time I decided I wasn't going out and would stay at home alone, there was an outcry from my friends, but I felt strangely liberated, I woke up on Jan 1st in a much better mood.

Pity it didn't extend to the whole of the new year though. :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

One of the best was when we had a games night with about 10 friends, just playing stupid games, pictionary, trivial pursuit etc.

One of the best was when we had a games night with about 10 friends, just playing stupid games, pictionary, trivial pursuit etc.

Oh, we have to do that the next time I fly over. Stupid games and silly car rides again throughout South Kensington. :naughty:

I have had some hideous new years, just because it was expected that you go out and "enjoy" yourself. Nights spent in overcrowed, overpriced clubs drinking overpriced drinks, climbing the fountians in Trafalgar Sq (when you still could do that), coming home on the night bus as dawn was breaking, intevitably a grey drizzly morning..........

The first time I decided I wasn't going out and would stay at home alone, there was an outcry from my friends, but I felt strangely liberated, I woke up on Jan 1st in a much better mood.

Pity it didn't extend to the whole of the new year though. :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

My friends and I tried to play Scruples one NYE until we discovered that none of us had any scruples so it was all rather pointless. :naughty:

I've gone through the same process of giving up on NYE in Toronto because doing things like climbing the fountains and taking a night bus home are out of the question when it's so cold your eyelashes are freezing shut.

On Millennium Eve in London you couldn't get a night bus because there was such a huge mass of pedestrians in the streets that vehicular traffic was impossible. They had arranged to keep the tube open all night but there were so many passengers they would have been pushed onto the tracks if they hadn't stopped the escalators and eventually closed the stations.

Took me a couple of hours to wade through the sea of people from Parliament Square to Hyde Park where you could actually get some space to move freely. Got back to South Ken on foot around 4 am but it was a lovely night - about 13C.

Yes Suzy I am back momentarily, but just pretend you didn't see me...I can't stay for long, it's late and tomorrow is Xmas Eve for us in Ostraylia, gotta lot of shopping to finish. (I chose the beach first over the shopping, was this a good choice....???):biggrin2: