MIKA au PARC DES PRINCES, PARIS 4 july 2008

BICHE

Well it worked with a lot of people at the few festivals where he actually turned up, so why not at a stadium... *need a shrug smiley here*

Fortunately ain't gonna happen in Denmark anytime soon :mf_rosetinted: (just hope he'll bother to play here anyway :doh:)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm..i´m not planning to go. I don´t think mika will fit well in a stadium. they´re looking for getting bigger but mika in a 54000 people stadium is not for me. the only option if i finally decide to go would be if there are no more gigs announced for the summer but, even with that, i´d need to think about it a lot.

not going... not in france...

Why? .......

:bleh: Because then she loses her "official" excuse which is that she is not going because of Mika, but because of the tourism/holiday :naughty: :roftl:

Sorry Yop, I soooo couldn't help that! Haha!!! You know I love you:wub2: :thumb_yello:

Well it worked with a lot of people at the few festivals where he actually turned up, so why not at a stadium... *need a shrug smiley here*

Fortunately ain't gonna happen in Denmark anytime soon :mf_rosetinted: (just hope he'll bother to play here anyway :doh:)

if WE are not going, he may show up... :mf_rosetinted:

I went to a gig like this before and I had seats, in the back of the stadium somewhere in a dark corner and almost in front of a pole. But trust me, spending 50 euros on seeing someone as large as an ant is no fun, seriously and Mika doesn't work in a stadium. So mr. Penniman, one time is allowed but then get your ass back to the small venues, or else....:mf_rosetinted:

He was doing three London shows for five thousand each and the last Brixton one only sold out shortly before the date, so...

But how many dozens of gigs did he play in the UK in 2007 before this month? If Mika starts doing stadium tours he will only play a couple of headling shows in the UK per year. He won't be playing to 5,000 people night after night after night in every corner of the country. It's just as well because as we know he can't tolerate that kind of schedule and it's going to get worse after his setlist expands with new material.

I think if this is his first and only French gig for 8 or 9 months and he's just released an album, 54,000 is not unrealistic. LICM went diamond in France. That's about as many albums as anyone can hope to sell anywhere. You're talking about Madonna, Robbie Williams and Celine Dion levels.

Yeah, I think the same :blink: His music just doesn't seem like the type that can "work" if you're too far and can't actually see him...not for me anyway!

We're spoiled. I think he'll find a way to make it work for the average audience member. As Kata pointed out he does fine at festivals and this will be even better because he'll have a proper production surrounding it that's commensurate with the size of the venue.

Common sense tells me to wait another 6 months to catch him in Europe after he releases the album, but I know this trio of concerts in London is the last chance to see him in similar circumstances. Next time around he'll do one show, likely at the 02.

We're spoiled. I think he'll find a way to make it work for the average audience member. As Kata pointed out he does fine at festivals and this will be even better because he'll have a proper production surrounding it that's commensurate with the size of the venue.

Common sense tells me to wait another 6 months to catch him in Europe after he releases the album, but I know this trio of concerts in London is the last chance to see him in similar circumstances. Next time around he'll do one show, likely at the 02.

I hope not...

If this is how it happens, then I am with the majority, I really don't want to see Mika in those circumstances.

But I probably won't be able to help myself. :sneaky2:

I feel exactly the same! I mean, I when I go to a "Mika gig", I want to be able to see him, not on huge screens and a Mika ant in the middle!

On the other hand,he's going to be in PARIS, and this time I'd probably be able to get a ticket before all of them are sold !

I really don't know.... :blink:

Why? .......

:bleh: Because then she loses her "official" excuse which is that she is not going because of Mika, but because of the tourism/holiday :naughty: :roftl:

Sorry Yop, I soooo couldn't help that! Haha!!! You know I love you:wub2: :thumb_yello:

i'm not in france, i'll be in martinique by then :biggrin2: for 3 months :biggrin2:

I went to a gig like this before and I had seats, in the back of the stadium somewhere in a dark corner and almost in front of a pole. But trust me, spending 50 euros on seeing someone as large as an ant is no fun, seriously and Mika doesn't work in a stadium. So mr. Penniman, one time is allowed but then get your ass back to the small venues, or else....:mf_rosetinted:

Or else what? :biggrin2:

I don't think we're spoiled. I just don't think Mika's music fits a stadium as well as it fits a smaller venue. I don't expect him to do 1000 people venues anymore, but 5000-7000 venues sound reasonable. I also remember him saying he wanted the visual aspects of the show to remain "human" and "cheap". Won't work in front of 54 000 people. So it's a question of credibility now.

MELLYYYY! :roftl:

im celeste :lol3:

melly and celly shoooow :roll1:

so ur going to the gig in paris? :biggrin2:

dunno...:blink:

Well...In the words of the man himself: Why not?:mf_rosetinted:

I'll book my ticket, you get the balaclava helmets, we must not be recognised:glasses2:

Why don't you take an invisibility cape ?