MIKA au PARC DES PRINCES, PARIS 4 july 2008

BICHE

Capacity of the Parc des Princes: 54 000 PEOPLE :shocked:
I considered it for a minute, as it's on my birthday and I booked the week off work-but then I read this bit. 54,000? Oh my days!:thumbdown: I couldn't cope with that many people... and spending out on a trip where I might not even get close enough to actually see him. :( I so need to see him again though.:wub2:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I considered it for a minute, as it's on my birthday and I booked the week off work-but then I read this bit. 54,000? Oh my days!:thumbdown: I couldn't cope with that many people... and spending out on a trip where I might not even get close enough to actually see him. :( I so need to see him again though.:wub2:

Im shocked at the capaity :shocked:

Will he fill that , even some well established huge acts that have been around forever would stuggle to fill that

Is it just Mika or part of a festival??? ... just Mika = 54,000 :shocked:

I won't be less fond of him if he/they decide that his public future will exclusively take place in arenas or stadiums. Maybe that's just the way the story goes. Being able to fill supersize venues like that can't indicate anything other than being really successful. And we all love to see proof of our small and bigger prosperities, don't we. So if it is the bigger and bigger crowds he gets a buzz from, may it be. I do think he was honest with Queenie when he said he preferred the intimate venues but I guess that was before he tasted blood. When he was talking about the Dubai Festival, where he managed to rock a crowd of 15000, it became clear to me that he was not intending to avoid the big venues in the future. And why not? It's a reasonable way to satisfy the increasing demand. It is not like he didn't have it coming. He has thought about how to deliver in front of a big and bigger audience, in the Sivan's necklace footage he's talking about how he does consider the fact that he's not much bigger than an ant for the people in the back and he tries to make up for it.

So in a nutshell, yes, for the future I see the big places replacing the (rather) small venues (of which we were talking as big venues not so long ago - how everything is so relative!).

Personally, I feel about this like the majority of the people who posted here. A stadium/arena gig will never be comparable to the 5000/6000 capacity venue performances. After having been once or twice or even more often so close to the stage, you can only be disappointed in a way. Spending the night in front of the venue to get at least a chance to have sort of a good spot is not an option for me. And the nasty crowd at one of the previous gigs (not Frankfurt, but Munich that is) already spoilt the fun for me to an extent that I was close to leaving before even the support had entered the stage.

And then a good spot or even a front row spot in a smaller venue is not the same as a front row spot in a stadium. That's a whole other story. And I'm not sure if this is worth the hassle. So if I went to see him in such a place I'd consider having seats and then I'd only be able to see him on the screens (and honestly, if I wanted to see him on a screen, there's plenty of material I can keep myself occupied with without even having to move my ass out of this chair). You may say 'but you won't capture the atmosphere of the actual event then, the crowd going crazy... ... ...'. True. But quite frankly, if I attend a gig, I ususally don't do it because of the crazy crowd - in spite of it, more likely.

...just my two cents...

I won't be less fond of him if he/they decide that his public future will exclusively take place in arenas or stadiums. Maybe that's just the way the story goes. Being able to fill supersize venues like that can't indicate anything other than being really successful. And we all love to see proof of our small and bigger prosperities, don't we. So if it is the bigger and bigger crowds he gets a buzz from, may it be. I do think he was honest with Queenie when he said he preferred the intimate venues but I guess that was before he tasted blood. When he was talking about the Dubai Festival, where he managed to rock a crowd of 15000, it became clear to me that he was not intending to avoid the big venues in the future. And why not? It's a reasonable way to satisfy the increasing demand. It is not like he didn't have it coming. He has thought about how to deliver in front of a big and bigger audience, in the Sivan's necklace footage he's talking about how he does consider the fact that he's not much bigger than an ant for the people in the back and he tries to make up for it.

So in a nutshell, yes, for the future I see the big places replacing the (rather) small venues (of which we were talking as big venues not so long ago - how everything is so relative!).

Personally, I feel about this like the majority of the people who posted here. A stadium/arena gig will never be comparable to the 5000/6000 capacity venue performances. After having been once or twice or even more often so close to the stage, you can only be disappointed in a way. Spending the night in front of the venue to get at least a chance to have sort of a good spot is not an option for me. And the nasty crowd at one of the previous gigs (not Frankfurt, but Munich that is) already spoilt the fun for me to an extent that I was close to leaving before even the support had entered the stage.

And then a good spot or even a front row spot in a smaller venue is not the same as a front row spot in a stadium. That's a whole other story. And I'm not sure if this is worth the hassle. So if I went to see him in such a place I'd consider having seats and then I'd only be able to see him on the screens (and honestly, if I wanted to see him on a screen, there's plenty of material I can keep myself occupied with without even having to move my ass out of this chair). You may say 'but you won't capture the atmosphere of the actual event then, the crowd going crazy... ... ...'. True. But quite frankly, if I attend a gig, I ususally don't do it because of the crazy crowd - in spite of it, more likely.

...just my two cents...

Nice input :thumb_yello:

For me I just think his current show can project to that many people , i thought he was YEARS away from this

Yeah! I remember that. :naughty:

The only thing i'm afraid of is that he will replace several "small" venues (5000-7000 people) by only one huge gig (16000-50000) in each country.

We're very lucky in Europe because he did a lot of gigs. In France, he did 2 gigs in Paris and also 6 other gigs in the rest of France last october.

I think it will be hard for him in the future to not only do one huge gig in Paris and maybe another city.

He can't no longer do a lot of "small" gigs in Europe while the rest of the world

will want to see him.

a few years ago i went to see the red hot chili peppers at the amsterdam arena, capacity of 51.000, i went queuing at 10.00, ran as fast as i could and ended up halfway in the front row box :mf_rosetinted: i could still see the show pretty ok, but come on, waiting all day and not even being front row, that's not fun

a few years ago i went to see the red hot chili peppers at the amsterdam arena, capacity of 51.000, i went queuing at 10.00, ran as fast as i could and ended up halfway in the front row box :mf_rosetinted: i could still see the show pretty ok, but come on, waiting all day and not even being front row, that's not fun

I done the same for U2 .... :biggrin2:

Yeh the first 4,000 got into the heart at the front . had to stand for around 7-8 hours though .. tis silly :shocked:

exactly, i'm always surprised i just survive standing for such a long time, usually without proper food and with just enough water not to dehydrate!

exactly, i'm always surprised i just survive standing for such a long time, usually without proper food and with just enough water not to dehydrate!

It was the hottest day of the year tooooo

Btw ... is this a festival , I know Im repeating myself but I really really dont think its just Mika .. Im miles behind in the threads btw :roftl:

Fortunately ain't gonna happen in Denmark anytime soon :mf_rosetinted: (just hope he'll bother to play here anyway :doh:)

Geez... I feel the same way as you Kata...

Btw ... is this a festival , I know Im repeating myself but I really really dont think its just Mika .. Im miles behind in the threads btw :roftl:

I agree... it seems to be a huge place for just Mika... and is it official yet?

We're shocked too.

We didn't expect such a huge place like that. We thought he would do a gig in Bercy (16 000).

I thought it was a joke when i read the first rumours and now we know that it's true. :shocked:

I really though that would of been the next logical step ...

U2 , Bon Jovi etc do those sizes

Take That for example do arenas now .. and they are massive

:shocked:

Im shocked .. serious :shocked:

*Falls of chair*

I'm shocked that you're alive, haven't seen you in aaages:naughty: But seriously, Mika, puh-leaze let this only be one time or else I'm going to cry. You don't want me to cry, I can cause floods:mf_rosetinted:

I've been to the Arena last June, and seriously, we had seats, I was sitting in the darkest corner of the place and it was close or a pillar had ruined my sight. But basically, I could've just stayed home and put the cd on, because everyone on stage was as big as an ant.:blink: