MIKA au PARC DES PRINCES, PARIS 4 july 2008

BICHE

i'm actually quite sad about this :tears: i guess it's goodbye to the signings and the interaction with the front row from now on...

I smell a new petition coming up:mf_rosetinted: The "Mika-don't-do-stadiums-do-small-venues" Petition

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, we know the prices: between 45 and 83.30 euros. :hoover:

i'm actually quite sad about this :tears: i guess it's goodbye to the signings and the interaction with the front row from now on...

I'm afraid of that too. It will be harder with time.

I've been to the Arena last June, and seriously, we had seats, I was sitting in the darkest corner of the place and it was close or a pillar had ruined my sight. But basically, I could've just stayed home and put the cd on, because everyone on stage was as big as an ant.:blink:

Seats at the Arena is a complete waste of money and time, better buy a dvd. My mum went to see the Stones and had a quite ok seat but still she couldn't even see Mick Jaggers face apart from on the big screen :mf_rosetinted: the Arena sucks, i'll never go there again.

Right now, we know the prices: between 45 and 83.30 euros. :hoover:

Aah i guess that's 45 for the crappiest seat in a corner like Ingie described eh? Screw Paris, i'm SO not going

*Falls of chair*

I'm shocked that you're alive, haven't seen you in aaages:naughty: But seriously, Mika, puh-leaze let this only be one time or else I'm going to cry. You don't want me to cry, I can cause floods:mf_rosetinted:

Im here :biggrin2:

I dont think , in fact Im certain he couldnt fill this in the UK

Not surprised, a stadium like that costs fortunes:boxed: But it's a whole lot of money...:shocked:

I'm gonna skip Paris this time:naughty:

With 83.30 euros, i can nearly pay my trip to London.

I prefer going to London in a small venue to see him and visit the town than going to Paris.

Aah i guess that's 45 for the crappiest seat in a corner like Ingie described eh? Screw Paris, i'm SO not going

As a matter of fact, I spent 50,50 on a ticket! And well, however I used to love him (Yeah, ashamed to admit it but it was Justin Timberlake:roftl: ) when i was 12, I didn't even like him that much anymore. But my cousins convinced me to go. And the athmosphere was a disaster, so cold. And the people, well most of them were stuck-up-oh-look-at-me-how-gorgeous-I-am uhm....how I'll say it nicely, girls:roftl:

Look at the size of the stadium:

pdpmap.jpg

Parc%20des%20Princes.jpg

It's huuuuuuge:shocked:

With 83.30 euros, i can nearly pay my trip to London.

I prefer going to London in a small venue to see him and visit the town than going to Paris.

exactly, and i guess London will be the last chance of seeing him in a venue like that. i'm even more glad i'm going now!

It's official.

Alias Prod which produces the gig sent an e-mail last monday to inform the fans and look at this link: http://www.francebillet.com/

11 days 20 hours 43 minutes before the beginning of the sale. It's not a festival. It's unbelievable but it's only Mica.

Wow... Still... I learnt my lesson from V Festival... unless it's on his MySpace, as far as I'm concerned, it's not official... but that's my view...

I honestly don't think he could fill a venue that big...

Wow... Still... I learnt my lesson from V Festival... unless it's on his MySpace, as far as I'm concerned, it's not official... but that's my view...

I'm sure it's a festival. I agree with Freddie on this. The "+ premières parties" sounds just too weird to my ears.

I'm so sorry for the Australian people and also for the Asian people.

But i'm sure that if he does a gig in Paris in July, he should do other gigs.

He told people he would go to Asia and Australia. He must do what he promissed. :wink2:

Yeah. It will be hard to fill a venue like that.

Maybe it is a case of 'Let's wait and see if we can really sell it out' - but then they must be quite confident they will because otherwise, making use of only half of the capacity or less, they might have to operate at deficit :blink:

However I hope they know what they're doing and didn't calculate crap (or maybe count the die hard fans multiple times not considering the fact that those would attend more than just one gig in the smaller venues :mf_rosetinted: )

He can't no longer do a lot of "small" gigs in Europe while the rest of the world will want to see him.

This is exactly the problem. Fans have all kinds of conflicting demands. One minute it's Relax, take it easy Mika! Don't work so hard. And yet everyone is clamoring for him to come to this country and that continent. He can't continue to play small venues night after night in France and the UK if he's going to tend to other countries around the world and not be dropping from exhaustion like he was all last year.

Mika has sold 5 million albums. That means he has hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions of fans who would see him live if they had the opportunity. It's not just the few hundred of us who post here regularly and catch as many shows as we can.

He can't just play to a couple of thousand people in Brighton or Bournemouth anymore. There's not enough of him to go around.

a few years ago i went to see the red hot chili peppers at the amsterdam arena, capacity of 51.000, i went queuing at 10.00, ran as fast as i could and ended up halfway in the front row box :mf_rosetinted: i could still see the show pretty ok, but come on, waiting all day and not even being front row, that's not fun

:thumbdown: This whole European setup blows. I can't even imagine it. It's just such a bad idea and there's no need for it.

We're shocked too.

We didn't expect such a huge place like that. We thought he would do a gig in Bercy (16 000).

Yes that would make a lot more sense. Even if it's possible that Mika can fill a stadium, that doesn't mean it's a good idea. If the demand is so high in Paris I think he should do 2 or 3 shows at Bercy like you said.

In Toronto there was a huge demand for The Police but fortunately our largest arena only holds about 22,000 so they played half a dozen shows throughout the year.

And we don't have that stupidity of queuing up all night and day. I arrived at 7:30 pm and sat down in my 8th row seats. I had no trouble seeing the band and Sting had just as much interaction with the people in the front rows as Mika does at his shows.

can't you just skip school? i'm not even saying anything, i'm just not turning up, but then again you are of course in high school so i guess that's different

No I can't, my parents want me to tell the truth blablabla

Maybe it is a case of 'Let's wait and see if we can really sell it out' - but then they must be quite confident they will because otherwise, making use of only half of the capacity or less, they might have to operate at deficit :blink:

However I hope they know what they're doing and didn't calculate crap (or maybe count the die hard fans multiple times not considering the fact that those would attend more than just one gig in the smaller venues :mf_rosetinted: )

There is more to this than meets the eye .. ohhhh yes :biggrin2: