The Sweeney Todd thread!

Fmbm

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to get tired of Burton being so formulaic. Can he ever do anything that isn't dark? He uses the same sort of characters every time. One dark-haired, thin man; one dark-haired brunette; one extremely blonde woman with long hair. Oh, and all of them have to be pale-skinned and appear as though they're on death's door.

that's one of the things I love about tim actually...

I can always tell when I'm watching one of his movies because they're so specific and they have this element to them that no one else's movies have...

I just think he knows his stuff, and appeals to the people who want to imagine

Whereas I can agree that detail is nice, I also don't see the point in creating movies that seem to be the same each time. I'd love to see him do a movie that is completely different from all the movies he's done before. He has done that before and he could do it again just fine.

And just because I don't like how his movies are so similar does not mean I can't imagine. :)

Whereas I can agree that detail is nice, I also don't see the point in creating movies that seem to be the same each time. I'd love to see him do a movie that is completely different from all the movies he's done before. He has done that before and he could do it again just fine.

And just because I don't like how his movies are so similar does not mean I can't imagine. :)

Well they all have different subject matters, but similar actors...and always johnny lol...but I mean all directors have their muses.

I didn't say that specifically at you:roftl:

A tim fan has a certain kind of imaginationt that needs to be fed in a way that normal people don't need lol

that's one of the things I love about tim actually...

I can always tell when I'm watching one of his movies because they're so specific and they have this element to them that no one else's movies have...

I just think he knows his stuff, and appeals to the people who want to imagine

I completely agree!

His movies always have this feel to them, and I love the dark, goth type feel to em. Edward scissorhands, nightmare, sweeney, corpse bride. And he still sometimes does a tad bit different stuff, even though they have the same feel to em, like charlie and the choc factory.

it's good to use some different actors sometimes, but honestly, I love johnny and helena in tim's movies. they always fit perfectly for his types of movies.

And of course It's pleasing to the eyeballs to see johnnayy heheh :naughty:

I havent seen it yet but am looking forward to it:punk:

is it good:wink2:

i like phantom of the opera;is it similar?:thumb_yello:

Micafan

Hi! I haven't seen it yet too.. :thumbdown:

And i really like phantom of the opera:wub2: I have cd(all songs) from it:mf_lustslow: