The Sweeney Todd thread!

Fmbm

i've seen it twice, and my best friend has seen it 3 times!

we got kind of annoyed at the "johanna" song, so we started counting how many reprises anthony did. it seemed like every time he was bored... "i feel you johanna".

i loved the "by the sea" scene. the best part is when he's wearing that striped bathing suit :wub2: . and when the preacher asks if he wants to marry mrs. lovetts, and he just nods his head.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've seen it twice, and my best friend has seen it 3 times!

we got kind of annoyed at the "johanna" song, so we started counting how many reprises anthony did. it seemed like every time he was bored... "i feel you johanna".

i loved the "by the sea" scene. the best part is when he's wearing that striped bathing suit :wub2: . and when the preacher asks if he wants to marry mrs. lovetts, and he just nods his head.

Agreed with the swimsuit and marriage scene...everyone was laughing at that part....

Gotta love Johnny!:wink2:

I've been begging my mom to take me back to see it, but she won't..she thinks it was too weird :shocked: And it isn't playing anywhere near here so I had to drive an hour and a half to see it last time.

Aww...I'm having the same problem with Atonement...I'm dying to see it and the closest theatre showing it it over an hour away:thumbdown:

How can it be weird? Hmph...it was amazing...:wink2:

Have you seen it yet? If you haven't, you should drive to where ever it's playing. It probably won't ever come to my theater. I hate small towns sometimes :sneaky2:

Nope, haven't seen it.

I agree, small town theaters suck! This isn't the only time this has happend to me :thumbdown: I can't drive though:naughty:

I was thinking about seeing it. I actually was thinking about getting a subscription to the cinema anyways:naughty: I Love Johnny and Helena, but if I will bore myself to death I'd rather see another one:blink: Though in general I love movies with songs like Moulin Rouge and the Phantom so I might have a go...:blink:

WOO HOO ... Johnny Depp has been nominated for an Oscar for 'Best Leading Actor' :woot_jump:

...and rightly so too, in my opinion !!

Myself and lovely hubby Kev (jesterkevin) went to see a preview last Friday and Sweeney Todd certainly lived up to our expectations, an absolutely stunning film!!

It's not often we see a film more than once at the cinema (we usually wait for the DVD for a second viewing if we like something) but we've booked up already to see this again next week :blush-anim-cl:

The casting and performances are perfect and it's visually breathtaking. Definitely the most enjoyable film we've seen in years.

Anyways, WELL DONE Johnny :wub2:

Awww my mom just brought home the book for me:wub2:

Now I can have another book to read besides that dreadful one about "Native Americans" that I have to read for school:thumbdown:

Oh there's a book? Is it just pictures or is it the story?

Oh there's a book? Is it just pictures or is it the story?

Sorry I'm only seeing your post now :naughty:

There's not really any pictures, cartoon drawings every here and there, but I tried reading it and it's pretty boring so I stopped haha

• 7 months later...

GOOD?

I DRANK A BATHTUB oF MARTINIS

RIGHT AFTER I LEFT THE SCREENING!

lenells_560.jpg

2353602660_e38b8346a3_o.jpg

JUST A TAD BLOODY . . .

sweenytoddpostercloseup.jpg

2724687320_794a850a75.jpg?v=0

A BLOODY MESS

pg6b.jpg

August 27, 2007 --

TIM BURTON has been told to tone down the gore in the

screen version of "Sweeney Todd:

The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," starring Johnny Depp.

The suits at Warner Bros. "became a tad squeamish when they

viewed grisly footage of blood splashing across the set as Depp

slits the throats of his customers," London's Daily Mail reports.

In another scene that has the studio on edge, a 10-year-old boy

feeds human body parts into a meat grinder to make meat pies.

The movie, co-starring Helena Bonham Carter and

Sacha Baron Cohen, opens in December.

Stevensxlayouts-60920-bloody_bg.jpg

sweeney1yj0.jpg