Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

Grace Kelly Just Been On Hollyoaks!!!!!!!!

how did i miss that episode :blink: i've been watching hollyoaks all week.

they just sang mika on never mind the buzzcocks :)

edit: now i remember, i was in italy.. grrr

There was a 'cover' for want of a better word of Grace Kelly as backing track on a trailer for something last night on TV, except I can't remember what the trailer was for now! :doh:

Oh and Love Today was one of the intros they have to perform on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. They got Andy Scott Lee to do a really poor version of the intro. It was bizarre.

(after that bit, I was waiting for Simon Amstell to rip into Mika with some cutting comment or other. But nothing! Strange. Perhaps he likes Mika, well they share a hairdo :naughty: )

Sorry if others have already mentioned all this, I haven't read the thread:blush-anim-cl:

Grace Kelly playing on the trailer for Neighbours.

Neighbours is my favourite soap and it's moving to FIVE next week. All the trailer/ads for this have had Grace Kelly as music. My two favourites combining :wink2:

This evening on Echo Beach GK was played in the background.

And a while ago it was in the Rovers Return on Corrie.

Does Mika get royalties for his music being used? I know on Neighbours they have 'in-house' stuff written just for the show.

Neighbours is my favourite soap and it's moving to FIVE next week. All the trailer/ads for this have had Grace Kelly as music. My two favourites combining :wink2:

That was the trailer I was trying to think of, thanks Ruth, it was doing my head in trying to remember (oldling memory that I am developing:naughty: ).

I think Mika should appear in Neighbours...Shane Warne did, and Matt Lucas/David Walliams. Maybe some of the Aussies from MFC could get parts as extras.

That would make me go back to watching Neighbours! (Stopped watching months ago).

The played Grace Kelly in a dutch satire/sketch-show called Koefnoen. (I tried to find it on Youtube without luck) I believe in march '07 or so. That was a sketch about two gay guys getting married and the civil servant was very reluctant to proceed the wedding. (Because he didn't like gays, but in Holland they are obliged to do the wedding anyway.)

The played GK completely btw.

And a short while later the same show use another Mika-song (I stupidly forgot which one :doh: ) at another sketch, also completely.

They used Relax with a compilation clip on Nick. jr.

A weird thing to see dora the explorer dance on a Mika song :shocked:

Haha I know, They used Love Today as well, I was at my friends house and her litlle brother was watching nick jr. and every 5 minutes love today came on and i started dancing like crazy haha:roftl:

Yeah, you're right about that. My daughter was calling me: "Mamma, Mika is on tv!"

My son didn't get it, he was really dumstruck. Mamma, Dora isn't Mika, why is she singing this song!! The poor thing, he's only four. He thought his hero Mika was leaving him. :wink2:

My son didn't get it, he was really dumstruck. Mamma, Dora isn't Mika, why is she singing this song!! The poor thing, he's only four. He thought his hero Mika was leaving him. :wink2:

AWWW, that is so sweet.

Can't seem to get my little niece and nephew interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow! On Casualty tonight. First of all, Grace Kelly was played in the background, like it was on the radio! But then, the plot had some children who had taken prescription drugs, and one girl had ashma. So when the ambulance came she didn't have enough breath to shout for the ambulance, so it went away. So she decided to sing something to keep her spirits up... and what did she sing? GRACE KELLY; WHAT ELSE WOULD SHE SING!!!!! She sang Mika to keep her spirits up!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant, and what a tribute to Mika!!!!!