Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled across a trailer for an upcoming US film called Speech & Debate that features We Are Golden.

[media]

[/media]

I was following a link about Lin-Manuel Miranda, who has a tiny part in the movie, and heard this -- made me :D

Not sure if the film actually has the song in it -- it doesn't come out until April 7.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday night heard "Hurts" in a spanish program about bullying and last Sunday we could hear "Happy Ending" in a talk show called "Chester In Love" in another spanish TV chanel. Those interviews were about people who had gone through difficult times in their lifes as hard diseases but that in the end had overcome those situations and had a happy ending. Really touching.  :wub:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As I promised,  here you are  the "We Are Golden" version from this group called "Kundala"

Not bad but as Im so used to listen to the songs in Mika's voice, each version of his songs in other voices sounds weird to me and worse than in him.  ;)

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

As I promised,  here you are  the "We Are Golden" version from this group called "Kundala"

Not bad but as Im so used to listen to the songs in Mika's voice, each version of his songs in other voices sounds weird to me and worse than in him.  ;)

Not bad indeed, but I also rather listen to it when Mika sings it. :naughty:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/2/2 at 10:53 PM, dcdeb said:

Just stumbled across a trailer for an upcoming US film called Speech & Debate that features We Are Golden.

[media]

[/media]

I was following a link about Lin-Manuel Miranda, who has a tiny part in the movie, and heard this -- made me :D

Not sure if the film actually has the song in it -- it doesn't come out until April 7.

:shocked:Sadly, "We Are Golden" is not in

C8cP0V_UMAA-37M.jpg

Last Friday in a spanish show, a guy did an imitation of Mika singing GK. You can see the similarities or differences in this vid. In my opinion , the guy tried but Mika is inimitable or very difficult to do it. Mika's voice is velvety and transparent, the guy's voice is rough. Mika's falsettos are natural, the boy's forced. Anyway, he did what he could.

Edited by Mikasister

• 2 months later...
On 2011/5/19 at 6:59 AM, A. Clay said:

HERE's the whole episode; (Select the 1ST one)

WATCH the ending scenes . . . the good stuff starts around 37:00

there may be an ad to sit through first, but it's worth it!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_good_wife/video/?pid=fcNr_GXKoUS9ACurR_J4xsSXBJNpgpEu

I wish I could find a clip of the whole part MIKA was singing "ANY OTHER WORLD" - I saw it last night and really enjoyed it, BUT I want to see it again.

Well here's a description of what MIKA's song is singing over:

http://smallscreenscoop.com/the-good-wife-closing-arguments-recap/315283/

THE GOOD WIFE Closing Arguments Recap – Elevator Love

So, here’s the part we’ve all been waiting for, or dreading I suppose. Will and Alicia go to celebrate. Tequila shots for everyone! They are flirty a bit, and she asks about Tammy. Turns out, after his original closing arguments he was supposed to go to her apartment and convince her not to go to London, but obviously that didn’t happen. So she is in London. Good. Really? He needed to convince her again? Because he already asked her to stay. Bye bye, Tammy.

The two discuss their consistent bad timing and Will wonders what it would be like if for just one hour they didn’t have bad timing…. The word exceptional is uttered, and Will sprints to the receptionist desk to get a room. The sprinting isn’t shown, I just imagine that is what happened. Of course, the hotel is booked solid (really?!) except for the Presidential Suite (it comes with a butler named Jerome!) for $7800 a night. For $7800, I hope they have better timing for more than an hour. Damn!

They get in an elevator right after some horrible child pressed all the buttons. But I kind of want to kiss the kid because it leads to one of the best directed/scored/acted scenes on the show. As the doors open and shut, you can see the doubt starts to creep up on Alicia’s face. And just as she is about to say that maybe they shouldn’t do this, he takes her hand and then draws her into a hot elevator kiss. (Someone has been watching Grey’s Anatomy!)

When they get to the room, the key won’t work and Will nearly has a seizure. He goes to get another key and Alicia grabs his hand and says it’s ok. Just when you think she means she changed her mind and this is sign not to do it, she flips the key card over (because Will is a dummy and had it upside down.

I don’t blame him… he was excited) and then opens the door and leads him inside.

Sigh…..

So, what did you think? I thought it was a perfect episode. I absolutely loved every minute. Bravo, writers! I know a lot of you are upset over the Will/Alicia thing. I don’t know if she is ready to jump into a relationship, but I’m curious to see how they handle that next season!

Speaking of – Season 3 is official as of today, and the show has been moved to Sundays at 9pm.

What are you excited for with The Good Wife Season 3? Eli and Alicia???? YAY!

I watched DVD ‘The Good Wife,’ Season 2, Episode 23, ‘Closing Arguments’

didn't know "Any Other World" in it !

Here is the ending part.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

I watched DVD ‘The Good Wife,’ Season 2, Episode 23, ‘Closing Arguments’

didn't know "Any Other World" in it !

Here is the ending part.

LOVE THIS

Features MIKA song, 

Any Other World

Edited by A. Clay