Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

AGAIN, I head MIKA music piped into a shopping center:

This time it was at "MAZZA GALLERY," Chevy Chase, Maryland--USA.

It was "STUCK IN THE MIDDLE."

It could have been LOUDER, but it definitely was MIKA!

i went to the corner store last night & when i walked in... there was a french version of "big girl" playing on the radio... the "big girl you are beautiful" part was in english... but the rest of the song was french, but it wasn't mika singing. i didn't get to listen to it all, but i'm pretty sure it was just some kind of joke done by the radio station & not one of our great artist doing a french remake... (cus i can't stand those!)

did anyone else hear it? it was playing at Couche-Tard depanneur... i'm just not sure what station they listen to.

i went to the corner store last night & when i walked in... there was a french version of "big girl" playing on the radio... the "big girl you are beautiful" part was in english... but the rest of the song was french, but it wasn't mika singing. i didn't get to listen to it all, but i'm pretty sure it was just some kind of joke done by the radio station & not one of our great artist doing a french remake... (cus i can't stand those!)

did anyone else hear it? it was playing at Couche-Tard depanneur... i'm just not sure what station they listen to.

In Holland we have a song called Biertje..you are beautifull (biertje = beer) it's terrible!! :thumbdown:

Never heard of it!? Which radiostation do you listen to?

I've neve heard it full lenght, but i saw the ringtone commercial, i think it's de gebroeders co who sing it (wel sing :puke: )

I actually squealed out loud when two of my favourite world collided, sent out a bulletin on myspace and everything.

This is an extract from one of the Doctor Who books ("The Pirate Loop", if you're interested)

"It's funny," Martha said to the Doctor as they ducked and weaved between the dancing robots. "My brother hates this song."

"What?" said the Doctor, stopping in his tracks. He spun on the heel of his trainer, his long coat and silvery tie whirling around him, and swept a hand through his spiked and scruffy hair. "But this is a classic. Humans doing what you do, daring to be brown and blue and violet sky!" He laughed, "I don't even know what that means! See? Brilliant!"

Martha raised an eyebrow. With the robots still dancing around them, it didn't seem the best time to indulge him.

"Yeah, well," he said chastened, taking her hand and leading her on through the strange and metal street party. "You know I once saw Mika live in Denmark -"

"Yeah," said Martha, "I was there too."

How amazing is that? I haven't read the actual book yet, but I was just flicking through it and I saw 'Mika' and was like WHAT?!?!?! Seriously though, Doctor Who and Mika in the same package, life CANNOT get better.

And for those of you who might not know, Doctor Who is a tv show about a time travelling alien. (It's better than it sounds, honest).

Hey, that's brilliant! I love Doctor Who! How amazing for our Mika to be mentioned in the book

Mika's music in TV/film...let me think...

My brother went to see a movie a little while back and said that "Grace Kelly" was playing during the previews (I believe the "Love Today" video was playing in the previews as well).

One of Mika's song's (that I can't recall the title of right now) was used in a cell phone commercial.

Mika's album work was seen in an "iPhone" commercial.

Mika's songs have been played in multiple television shows, including: "The Hills", "Pageant Place" and "The Real World: Sydney".

At one point, "Grace Kelly" was used in "America's Got Talent".

I've also heard Mika's music playing at the mall, restaurants etc

My brother went to see a movie a little while back and said that "Grace Kelly" was playing during the previews (I believe the "Love Today" video was playing in the previews as well).

One of Mika's song's (that I can't recall the title of right now) was used in a cell phone commercial.

Mika's songs have been played in multiple television shows, including: "The Hills", "Pageant Place" and "The Real World: Sydney".

I think Love Today was used for a Verizon commerical awhile back. At least, that's what my brother told me. I'm not big on watching TV. Lol.

Okay, I've got thing more figured out, television show wise...

"Grace Kelly" was played on an episode of "The Hills" titled something along the lines of "New Year, New Friends", when Spencer and Heidi stepped out of their car to go to dinner.

"Love Today" was played both on "Pageant Place" and "The Real World: Sydney", although I'm unsure of the titles of the episodes that they were in.

As said by xxmikaaa, "Love Today" was used in a Verizon commercial a little while back.

I've also added this...

On MuchMoreMusic (a Canadian music channel), there are these commercial type things where they feature certain music at the start/end of a commerciak break. Think of it kind of like a mini commercial but with short clips from music videos. Well...Mika has been used on those...twice!!! Both "Grace Kelly" and "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" are featured!!!

If I see/think of any more, I'll post them for sure

Wait...I thought of another, which is kinda obvious but I thought I'd post it anyways...

Josiah Lemmington (sorry is that is spelled incorrectly) auditioning for American Idol and doing "Grace Kelly" on the keyboard.

Twice this week, LT has been on Living In The Sun. A programme about Brits buying property and setting up business in Spain.

Oops, nearly forgot, on Emmrdale on Tuesday night, they played Relax.

There is one tv station in my country that plays Mika's songs quite often in some programs. Veeeeeeeeery common is Relax, but can You believe that they played 'My Interpretation' in our 'You can dance'?! :harp:

I don't know this probally doesn't officially count as Mika's music being on television but I thought I'd share it anyways...

I was watching MTV Canada (well, obviously, I live in Canada) and sometimes between commercial breaks the MTV Live Hosts have discussions about a certain topic and ask people to call/email their answers to that topic. Well, the topic on that day was something like, "what CD (or was it artist...I can't remember) are you a big fan of?" Well, someone emailed in that they loved "Life in Cartoon Motion" and I was like "Yay...me too!!!" But anyways, one of the hosts commented that another host (his name is Dan Levy) likes Mika as well. I just though that was really cool.

Anyways...a bit random I know but I thought you guys would like to hear it anyway:thumb_yello: