R.I.P Heath Ledger

BonjourMika1990

OMG , that is too shocking....:rip_1:

it's the first movie i know him....

Oh and the joker...:sad:

i've never seen the joker.. i've just seen him in 10 things i hate about you, a knights tale, and brokeback mountain and all of them are my favorites

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen Brokeback Mountain...maybe one day I will...

We do have the Batman Begins sequel that comes out in July to see him in...

*is still sad*

i should probably watch the first one.. you should definitely watch brokeback mountain! its one of my favorite movies ever! easily in my top 10 and i watch a lot of movies

:tears:

It's just so sad when this happens. You get home and you see this.

Like when Steve Irwin died. It's just all so unexpected and you feel so sad for their family and everyone. And you know tons of fans will be sad, and it's just a sad energy once you find out :tears:

R.I.P. Heath. R.I.P. :flowers2:

He was one of my favorites :tears:

Every once in a while, it hits me hard... I just can't believe that I won't ever get a chance to shake his hand or tell him how much I loved his films... I wanted to meet him one day... He'll never make another film, never see his little girl... Its just not right... I'm so disturbed by this, I wasn't ready to let him go... this time yesterday, he was still alive, still able to be saved.

Now THIS is bizarre:

I just picked up next week's copy of "TV Week" from my mailbox and on page 3, "Star Spotting" - "See Who's Making the Scene in B.C.", there is a picture of Heath with the caption : "Heath the Man. Heath Ledger is part of an eclectic cast assembled in Vancouver for a new movie." Apparently the movie is called "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parmassus." Veteran Canadian actor Christopher Plummer and Verne "Mini Me" Troyer were to also star in this story of a strange theatre company that gives audiences more than they bargain for. Filming in Vancouver was slated for a short time only; the bulk of it being shot in London, England.

Every once in a while, it hits me hard... I just can't believe that I won't ever get a chance to shake his hand or tell him how much I loved his films... I wanted to meet him one day... He'll never make another film, never see his little girl... Its just not right... I'm so disturbed by this, I wasn't ready to let him go... this time yesterday, he was still alive, still able to be saved.

I actually always wanted to meet him too. Silly little dream of mine, I guess. It's just weird to think he's (or anyone else when they die) gone forever. There won't be anymore films of his (except for that Batman one). If it's hit the fans that hard (including me) then I can only imagine what his friends and family are going through. Again, not just about Heath, but any death, especially when it's so unexpected and the victim is so young and seemingly healthy. I know that I've had two of my classmates die and it makes you think it can happen to anyone no matter who they are, what their status is, how old they are, etc...

And I definitely agree about it hits hard every once in a while. Death is permanent and to be honest, that scares me.

You think about what you'll be known for when you die and it's a little weird to think that Heath will be known for dying so young as opposed to his career or other personal achievements, you know? I don't know if that makes sense, but I don't know how to explain it better.

Now THIS is bizarre:

I just picked up next week's copy of "TV Week" from my mailbox and on page 3, "Star Spotting" - "See Who's Making the Scene in B.C.", there is a picture of Heath with the caption : "Heath the Man. Heath Ledger is part of an eclectic cast assembled in Vancouver for a new movie." Apparently the movie is called "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parmassus." Veteran Canadian actor Christopher Plummer and Verne "Mini Me" Troyer were to also star in this story of a strange theatre company that gives audiences more than they bargain for. Filming in Vancouver was slated for a short time only; the bulk of it being shot in London, England.

I was actually really looking forward for that to be made, especially with Heath.

His father made a statement, as reported on people.com:

Heath's family confirms the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda. He was found peacefully asleep in his New York apartment by his housekeeper at 3:30 p.m. U.S. time.

We would like to thank our friends and everyone around the world for their well wishes and kind thoughts at this time. Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life but few had the pleasure of truly knowing him.

He was a down to earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving and selfless individual who was extremely inspirational to many. Please now respect our families need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately.

I actually always wanted to meet him too. Silly little dream of mine, I guess. It's just weird to think he's (or anyone else when they die) gone forever. There won't be anymore films of his (except for that Batman one). If it's hit the fans that hard (including me) then I can only imagine what his friends and family are going through. Again, not just about Heath, but any death, especially when it's so unexpected and the victim is so young and seemingly healthy. I know that I've had two of my classmates die and it makes you think it can happen to anyone no matter who they are, what their status is, how old they are, etc...

And I definitely agree about it hits hard every once in a while. Death is permanent and to be honest, that scares me.

You think about what you'll be known for when you die and it's a little weird to think that Heath will be known for dying so young as opposed to his career or other personal achievements, you know? I don't know if that makes sense, but I don't know how to explain it better.

I was actually really looking forward for that to be made, especially with Heath.

I had never heard of that film before today.... He would probably have been great in it, too... such a fine actor. Yes, I know how you feel about death and dying, especially in young people. I have lived my entire life on the periphery of death - you can it witness it hundreds of time and it still injures, scars and humbles you. We all have to face it eventually, some sooner than later. But we have to keep in mind and always remember - it's all about how we live our life, not how and when we meet our ultimate demise.

His father made a statement, as reported on people.com:

Heath's family confirms the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda. He was found peacefully asleep in his New York apartment by his housekeeper at 3:30 p.m. U.S. time.

We would like to thank our friends and everyone around the world for their well wishes and kind thoughts at this time. Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life but few had the pleasure of truly knowing him.

He was a down to earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving and selfless individual who was extremely inspirational to many. Please now respect our families need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately.

It's so disturbing how such a humble, down to earth man was photographed even in his body bag :( Paparazzi cross the line... its not fair.

It's so disturbing how such a humble, down to earth man was photographed even in his body bag :( Paparazzi cross the line... its not fair.

That's friggin' Hollywood for you!!! Even though it was New York City it was definitely the Hollywood machine. It just gobbles you up and spits you out. Y'know, when I originally heard the news the first thing that jumped into my brain was, "Another one bites the dust". Sad but true.

Does it even surprise you that the Associated Press has Britney Spears' obituary ready and waiting as we speak??? There are gambling pools going on right now - guess the date of Britney's death....

And as far as I'm concerned - those paps are bottom feeder scum rapists that don't even exist on the lowest rung of the food chain.

What - me cynical?!?

Yeah, I agree. I thought it was pretty disturbing to see all those paparazzi around his apartment. Though, I'm not sure the news stations were much better. They were still filming, just not as close. I kinda lost it when the news showed him being wheeled out in the body bag. Just knowing there's a dead person under there...

what?omg!!!! that's....UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I was watching "Knight's Tale" last night.....I can't believe it!!! he was such a great actor!!!

I love "A Knight's Tale." It's one of my favorite movies of his.

Yeah, I agree. I thought it was pretty disturbing to see all those paparazzi around his apartment. Though, I'm not sure the news stations were much better. They were still filming, just not as close. I kinda lost it when the news showed him being wheeled out in the body bag. Just knowing there's a dead person under there...

I love "A Knight's Tale." It's one of my favorite movies of his.

watching anyone being wheeled out in a body bag would be disturbing, but the fact that it was Heath...for me was unbearable... You know, he was so ALIVE and brilliant... so strong, and to know that he would never open his yes or sell out box offices again was too much to take...

It's going to be so hard for me to watch Batman this summer... just knowing that Heath can't feel his own success :(

Hey all.

I learned of the news at around 10am this morning my time, once we had all woken up. It was shocking and I didn't believe it for awhile (because at the time the words going around were drugs and overdose, and, forgive me if this seems presumptous, but he didn't seem the type)

But getting home has made it all real, the news is all over the net, and now the facts are beginning to be more clearly stated (rather than misstated in the media frenzy) it suddenly seems more real.

Even wikipedia has updated their page.

Heath was a fantastic actor, and seemed to be a great guy. As an Australian, he did wonders for our public image each time he took to the screen. He leaves behind a little girl who will grow up without a father. He leaves behind a family, forced to give him up too soon and He leaves behind a world in shock at what is another tragic passing.

Me and my sister can hardly believe it.:shocked: We thought he was such a wonderful actor. We first saw him in "10 Things I Hate About You" and he was such a heart throb. Still can't wait to see The Black Knight where he plays the joker. If we see it in theaters we're going to be sooooo sad. Seeing him in a movie such alive on the screen and not in real life. He was so young to. Only 28, a year older than our brother and 7 years older than us. Knowing we'll never get to meet him is so painful. He was a really great actor and always seemed like a really nice guy. It's hard for us to accept this because we're still in shock.

Seeing his death with a new movie coming out and his youngness made us think of the old movie star whom we love and his name is Robert Walker. Maybe some of you know him as the bad guy in Alfred Hitchcock's "Strangers On A Train". His death (not like Heaths) was that he was allergic to some type of medication and died before "SOAT" came out. So young also.

We hadn't been online this afternoon and heard it on the news commercials during American Idol. Still in absolute SHOCK!!!:shocked: We could absolutely CRY!!!:crybaby:

RIP Heath. We'll always LOVE you!

Love Love to you all:wub2:

The Meyer Twins

Megan and Haley

Surprising it wasn't the top story on the news tonight....they reported on the floods in parts of my state and then Heaths story was about 3rd. His family were there and read a statement....Now I am learning more about it, I don't think it was a drug overdose but he took too many sleeping pills as he had been unable to sleep for a while. He only used to smoke marijuana his family said and they said Heath was proud that he didn't take heavy drugs.....who knows......