2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

I got a text from Finkster at 9:02am when I was still at the hotel. She told me they had been in the queue at 5am :shocked: and there or had been a tour bus there from 5:30 or 6 but it was a false alarm. Then I got one around 10am saying that she couldn't feel her feet and 10 more people had joined the queue. At 3:22 I got a forwarded text from her saying that they were bringing them hot chocolate. :wub2: That's really sweet because I BET they were cold.

I hope they've warmed up by now and glad to hear they've made it to the front row!

I called Mana during Mika's chat before Billy Brown and apparently she could hear it quite clearly.

Yes! I heard him speaking, and then the first bit of Billy Brown. Having never been to a gig, it was soooo amazing to hear him live and in real time! And, playing from a stage in my home and native land! :wub2:

'Tis a good thing no one else was home that night...I was jumping around the kitchen like I'd lost my mind. :blush-anim-cl:

Soooo...anymore news?? I haven't heard anything from Jess for a while...she must be bouncing up and down to Mika's singing right now or something... ;)

Btw I dunno if anyone mentioned it earlier, but Jess said she was able to give Mika his gift and she said Holly didn't faint. :D

Soooo...anymore news?? I haven't heard anything from Jess for a while...she must be bouncing up and down to Mika's singing right now or something... ;)

Btw I dunno if anyone mentioned it earlier, but Jess said she was able to give Mika his gift and she said Holly didn't faint. :D

they must have met him before the gig then?

i am excited!

quite frankly,

it's really the only reason that i'm somewhat able to deal with not being there....:wink2:

I thought you might be there hooch, couldn't you get away?

I wonder what is happening now, is he on stage yet???

5AM!!!! surely that is ridiculous.

Apparently Mika doesn't think so. He was convinced that we were camping out all night in Toronto when he saw the chairs Suzy brought for us.

He probably thinks these lazy New Yorkers aren't nearly as dedicated. :naughty:

Yes! I heard him speaking, and then the first bit of Billy Brown. Having never been to a gig, it was soooo amazing to hear him live and in real time! And, playing from a stage in my home and native land! :wub2:

'Tis a good thing no one else was home that night...I was jumping around the kitchen like I'd lost my mind. :blush-anim-cl:

Aw, I wish I'd kept you on longer, but I couldn't tell if you could even hear it or what. I remember in every other gig report thread people saying that they couldn't even tell what song it was because it was so muffled. If I'd known how well it was going I would have kept you on the line since Mika was at the keyboard anyway so we weren't really jumping around.

Yeah he spoke to them for 10 minutes and there was talk of them going in for a soundcheck. Don't know if that happened or not.

cath85, it was before the gig!

thanks for your answers girls! :thumb_yello:

just got off the phone with deb -

they are all inside and everyone is in the front row...

small gap between barricade and the stage

(small stage too she said)

she is on the right side of the "stick-out" thingy - right infront of the key board

show starts at 8 -

support band and dj due to come on

and mika should be on around 9:30!:punk:

Fantastic!!! And I can't believe Vero is LG again!!!

How cool is that??!

I bet you Mika can't be bothered to teach the girls so he uses her as an aide, mwuahahahahaaaaaa:roftl:

I think this one is going to have a fantastic vibe, and he's gonna go all out....I can't wait for the reports!!

:naughty: Come on people, hurry up!