Aww :huglove:

Do you really have to pick a major at this point? You can't just take some general courses at U of T (for example) and see how it goes?

I never even looked into it.. I was so rushed into just applying when the school told me to so I could get the apps paid for by OUAC that I never really fully looked into anything else.. :\

ps i just took a walk to the park and cripes is it ever cold today..

• 2 weeks later...

Do you really have to pick a major at this point?

I never even looked into it.. I was so rushed into just applying when the school told me to so I could get the apps paid for by OUAC that I never really fully looked into anything else.. :\

Christine is right, there's no need to worry about your major right now. I was at U of T (before I switched. Don't get me started on that school) and from what I remember, you declare your major in second (maybe third?) year. I know people change their majors, too.

In other news, this is the first time I've logged into the MFC in over a month. There are new smileys and everything. Anywho, I'm going to Montreal (for two days!) next month. I'll definitely need some recommendation of things to do and places to eat at. I don't drink and like photography and eating, if that gives you any indication of what to tell me. :)

• 3 weeks later...
In other news, this is the first time I've logged into the MFC in over a month. There are new smileys and everything. Anywho, I'm going to Montreal (for two days!) next month. I'll definitely need some recommendation of things to do and places to eat at. I don't drink and like photography and eating, if that gives you any indication of what to tell me. :)

oh dear....!!!

looks like we lost the post i made with all the things to do/see in Montreal

if you need it again, let me know

so... are you coming back in August to see Mika? :teehee:

Hi! I just want to know it there are some people who lives to Québec City or that's easy for them to came here... if I propose an activity or something funny in the futur. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the answering!:biggrin2:

Really late to answer but if you want to do an activity and accept an Olding, if it's possible, I like to be with you.

Really late to answer but if you want to do an activity and accept an Olding, if it's possible, I like to be with you.

I accept anyone :thumb_yello: Olding; and what? I really don't care!)

(J'accepte tout le monde :thumb_yello: "Moins jeunes"; et alors? Je m'en passe 10 pieds par dessus la tête!)

:groupwave:

Hello everyone! For those of you living in Montreal, I've got a question for you! I am going to Osheaga this year and am trying to find the best place to stay. The hotels downtown are quite expensive, yet they would be closer to the festival. I am trying to figure out how long it would take to get from an "airport hotel" to the area of jean drapeau parc, which is where the festival is. You can get a hotel near the airport for significantly cheaper, but would it be worth the travel time? Any suggestions? Thanks so much :wink2:

Hello everyone! For those of you living in Montreal, I've got a question for you! I am going to Osheaga this year and am trying to find the best place to stay. The hotels downtown are quite expensive, yet they would be closer to the festival. I am trying to figure out how long it would take to get from an "airport hotel" to the area of jean drapeau parc, which is where the festival is. You can get a hotel near the airport for significantly cheaper, but would it be worth the travel time? Any suggestions? Thanks so much :wink2:

are you travelling by car?

Flying!

i meant once you are in Montreal, didn't know if you were looking for driving info or bus info :naughty:

google map/directions says 46 min. by bus/metro:

http://g.co/maps/dnu4x

a few more days & you could have included Mika at the same time... :naughty:

You can catch the 747 bus at the airport terminal. It will take you downtown in 30-45 minutes. You can then take the metro to go to Osheaga. It's onIle ste-hélène isn't it?

yes, it's at Parc Jean Drapeau

You can catch the 747 bus at the airport terminal. It will take you downtown in 30-45 minutes. You can then take the metro to go to Osheaga. It's onIle ste-hélène isn't it?

Ok thanks! I'll look into that.

i meant once you are in Montreal, didn't know if you were looking for driving info or bus info :naughty:

google map/directions says 46 min. by bus/metro:

http://g.co/maps/dnu4x

a few more days & you could have included Mika at the same time... :naughty:

yes, it's at Parc Jean Drapeau

Oh...I thought you meant will I have a car or will I need to get a taxi/take metro transit. :naughty:

Thanks for the info!

Oh, and if you guys have any suggestions for what to do while there, we will have one day free after the festival. Nothing planned yet. Would be nice to do something outside if weather's nice!

Oh, and if you guys have any suggestions for what to do while there, we will have one day free after the festival. Nothing planned yet. Would be nice to do something outside if weather's nice!

Hm, interesting :thumb_yello: If I'm total day off I may come from Quebec (just for fun) to do something :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

• 2 weeks later...

Please, nobody hit me when I say this, but if I was you, I'd steer away from Saint Catherine Street. It's nothing special and I didn't think it lived up to the hype. If you've ever been to Toronto, it's pretty much like Yonge Street.

Go to Old Montreal, it has character. If you're into architecture/buildings, Notre Dame looks great. There's are lots of things going on in the gay area at night. Lots of patio dining and people walking around. To eat, I'd recommend Schwartz's. The smoked meat was so good I brought a sandwich home (6+ hour ride :naughty:) with me. Next time I'll probably just buy the meat by the pound. :aah:

The people in Montreal were incredibly nice and helpful. Was looking at a map and a man approached us (speaking English, so we must have looked really lost :lol3:) asking us if we needed help.

• 1 month later...

So, Canada Day is tomorrow eh? Anyone doing anything interesting? We have a big flea market uptown here, so I'll be at that, and just hanging out with friends... And at 8pm, I'll be going into work (Timmies) to work during the fireworks, which will be busy! And then I'm working Monday too, so TUESDAY, I will be tiiiirrrreeeeddd.

yesterday (canada day) I was at the parliament of ottawa! just WOW , its was so nice!! (I pass on TV xD) ... its very big, It was my first time, a lot of people, and I see simple plan, marie-mai, roch voisine, feist ... next year I return at the parliament!! (xD I think I screamed to loud because at the end of the show I had a big headache xP )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello peeps :bye:

OK so I'm in Ottawa right now , staying here a month. Anyone knows where I can order TOOL online here ? HMV will have it on the 19th ? Will I find the French delux edition in Ottawa ?

Hello peeps :bye:

OK so I'm in Ottawa right now , staying here a month. Anyone knows where I can order TOOL online here ? HMV will have it on the 19th ? Will I find the French delux edition in Ottawa ?

You can preorder it here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Origin-Love-Dlx-Mika-Rock/dp/B008PUXMS4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1345474060&sr=8-7

Not sure what's on it though. There has been an order form from Universal Canada circulated saying there will be French bonus tracks and live songs (acoustic songs). This sounds like both the French and UK deluxe editions so I don't know if each edition will be made available separately or if there is a special Canadian edition that will include a combination.

We are hoping to get more info on the tracklist this week so I would hold off before ordering. If they are selling the French version in Canada you can probably pick it up in an Ottawa shop. You should just go in and ask them about ordering one for you if they are being made available domestically to Canadians.

You can preorder it here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Origin-Love-Dlx-Mika-Rock/dp/B008PUXMS4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1345474060&sr=8-7

Not sure what's on it though. There has been an order form from Universal Canada circulated saying there will be French bonus tracks and live songs (acoustic songs). This sounds like both the French and UK deluxe editions so I don't know if each edition will be made available separately or if there is a special Canadian edition that will include a combination.

We are hoping to get more info on the tracklist this week so I would hold off before ordering. If they are selling the French version in Canada you can probably pick it up in an Ottawa shop. You should just go in and ask them about ordering one for you if they are being made available domestically to Canadians.

Sounds good , I think I'll pre order the deluxe version and buy the second version at HMV whether it is the french or the UK one.

Thanks Christine !! Sometimes I totally forget about Amazon :doh:

Sounds good , I think I'll pre order the deluxe version and buy the second version at HMV whether it is the french or the UK one.

Thanks Christine !! Sometimes I totally forget about Amazon :doh:

It turns out we are getting the French deluxe version so you will probably have to get the UK version elsewhere. We have no idea what is going to be on the US edition so you may want to wait for that.

It turns out we are getting the French deluxe version so you will probably have to get the UK version elsewhere. We have no idea what is going to be on the US edition so you may want to wait for that.

It's OK for me , I'll definitely wait and see ! I'm so happy to be back here !