Hello Everyone from The Butterfly Lounge!

Guest MsDivine

How many of you knew that the Butterfly Lounge actually existed?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you knew that the Butterfly Lounge actually existed?

• I have seen the website.
    • I have been to the nightclub.
    • I had no idea that it was a real club.
    • I never really thought about it, I just love the song.

Robi, The Butterfly Lounge is a size acceptance club! There are men skinnier than he is there...if you can believe that one. All sizes are accepted.

so i'm eating as a cow for nothing! :roftl: :roftl:

yes charlotte...show your corset!!! :wink2:

I was trying to make them smaller for the forum.....Does anybody know how to get the whole thing on here without cropping it to fit? I love the corsett...but, don't need Freddie oogling over it. :naughty: Just kidding....When I get home, I'll see what I can do to resize the pic. Oh, yeah...resize..not crop!! :doh:

Charlotte you look great in these pictures! But why did you crop them down and not show the corset you had on???

I was trying to make them smaller for the forum.....Does anybody know how to get the whole thing on here without cropping it to fit? I love the corsett...but, don't need Freddie oogling over it. :naughty: Just kidding....When I get home, I'll see what I can do to resize the pic. Oh, yeah...resize..not crop!! :doh:

:lmao::lmao::shocked:

I like this one. :) Kathleen, I think you have the best one on your camera.

mikala3.jpg

charlie, i asked in LA thread but i think no one answered...do you know whose that necklace is? th eone mika is wearing i mean.

i'm sssssssoooooooooooo interested in necklaces! :wink2:

gorgous corset, btw!!! you look beautiful and sexy

Yes, the little girl that made that necklace is Marianne. She posted on my myspace and was so thrilled to see him wearing her necklace. It really is cute.

Thanks......I don't normally do sexy. It was fun. Thanks Kathleen. :huglove:

charlie, i asked in LA thread but i think no one answered...do you know whose that necklace is? th eone mika is wearing i mean.

i'm sssssssoooooooooooo interested in necklaces! :wink2:

gorgous corset, btw!!! you look beautiful and sexy

Guest MsDivine

Most of the people here in California (aka the healthy state) are into having the perfect body. At my nightclub I offer a venue that allows people of all sizes to be comfortable with themselves. We try and add as many themes as we can as in Nightie Nite to School girl etc. This way they can come dressed in theme and not feel they are being judge. You would have to experience a night at my club to understand this.

When I went on stage with Mika in a Corset I was like ok I have done this often lets do it! I added the fishnets and gogo boots, why not go all out.

The response from the crowd was wonderful and I felt as though I was representing Big Girls in a positive way!

Most of the people here in California (aka the healthy state) are into having the perfect body. At my nightclub I offer a venue that allows people of all sizes to be comfortable with themselves. We try and add as many themes as we can as in Nightie Nite to School girl etc. This way they can come dressed in theme and not feel they are being judge. You would have to experience a night at my club to understand this.

When I went on stage with Mika in a Corset I was like ok I have done this often lets do it! I added the fishnets and gogo boots, why not go all out.

The response from the crowd was wonderful and I felt as though I was representing Big Girls in a positive way!

i think it's what he means, having big girls dancing on stage!

bir girls ARE beautiful, real big girls i mean..not me, i'm only growing fatter with age, and i don't like it!!! :naughty: :naughty:

You know, I feel really comfortable there. I never felt comfortable at a night club, even when I was skinnier because I was never skinny enough for some of these places. Now, The Butterfly Lounge gives me a place that I can go to feel comfortable. A couple weeks ago, I met some wonderful people there that now text me and want me to hang out with him.

Because of Mika's song, I found the Butterfly Lounge! Yes, my friends and I googled it one night. We were actually looking in London when it popped up as a club in Costa Mesa. I about fell off my seat. Strange twist of fate.

Kathleen, thank you for bringing us BIG GIRLS and all sizes of people a place to feel comfortable.

This sounds like a great place. I'm sooo going there the next time i'm in LA!!! :punk:

You know, I feel really comfortable there. I never felt comfortable at a night club, even when I was skinnier because I was never skinny enough for some of these places. Now, The Butterfly Lounge gives me a place that I can go to feel comfortable. A couple weeks ago, I met some wonderful people there that now text me and want me to hang out with him.

Because of Mika's song, I found the Butterfly Lounge! Yes, my friends and I googled it one night. We were actually looking in London when it popped up as a club in Costa Mesa. I about fell off my seat. Strange twist of fate.

Kathleen, thank you for bringing us BIG GIRLS and all sizes of people a place to feel comfortable.

great story charlotte, thanks for sharing!:thumb_yello:

Yes, The Butterfly Lounge is a real club!

I had the opportunity to be on stage with Mika when he was at the Avalon in California! I just met with him on monday night at the Wiltern.

Many thanks to Mika for writing Big Girl (you are beautiful) for my nightclub. We play the song every Saturday night at my nightclub!

much love,

Kathleen

:welcomeani: to the MFC Kathleen and congrats on the song about your club. A very special tribute for sure. :thumb_yello:

John

Welcome Kathleen - I loved the badges and keyrings you sent over with

Charlotte last November!! I heard Mika speak about it in

an interview - then checked it out online, and sent a thankyou to

your myspace after the Glasgow gig. I knew it was real, just think

its a shame we have nothing like it here!!

Enjoy MFC!!! :thumb_yello:

Welcome to the MFC Kathleen!!

Wow so you own the Butterfly Lounge?

We should all feel proud to have you on this board then!

I personally think you're amazing for running a club like that, I really do.

There's so much negativity around "bigger" women (bigger people in general) these days that it's refreshing to see a place like yours that just oozes positive energy. So kudos to you! :biggrin2:

By the way, I remember seeing a video of you girls on stage with Mika and you were some naughty big girls indeed! I love it. :mf_rosetinted:

Hi Kathleen! It's great to have you here on MFC, welcome and enjoy! :thumb_yello:

When I look to my left right now I can see the two blue Butterfly Lounge keyrings Charlie gave me in Glasgow. And I also got the button. Thank you so much for these cool goodies! :blush-anim-cl:

As for the poll: I knew the Butterfly Lounge is a real place. After I heard Mika talking about it in an interview - about Big Girl and the reason he wrote the song - I started googling for 'Butterfly Lounge' and I found your website. :thumb_yello: