Do you suffer from P.M.D? (Post Mika Depression)??????

BonjourMika1990

Post Mika Depression

How do you define it?

I've noticed (on several occasions) after having been to a gig, coming back feeling nostalgic...which is natural...But sometimes, the feeling is indescribable. I've heard of others having the same feeling and emotions after having seen Mika...

I started thinking about this when nono texted me (girl you remember what you wrote...) it was so parallel to what I felt, which was scary because we are twins you know!

So why do we suddenly get sad?

Especially when there are great memories???

• Like 3

Hey! I haven't been to a Mika gig yet but when I go on the 28th, I'm sure I'll feel like this.... I know exactly what you're talking about.... I'm a big backstreet boys fan and when I saw them in concert 2 years ago I spent the next 2 days crying!! I think it's a combination of things: Such anticipation before it, and then the concert itself is so so emotional because we're so close to someone who inspires us so much. So when all this is over, there has to be an emotional crash...and it feels awful, doesn't it?? There's no escaping it. I think a longterm way of looking at it is: it's really important to find the thing in life that you love doing, whether it be music or art or languages or studying biology or whatever.... because that's the only way you're going to be happy..... Cos in the end, what do these artists inspire us to do? They inspire us to follow OUR dreams and to make the most of every day. So when you're feeling down after concerts, make sure you try out things until you find that thing that makes you happy, and put your heart into it.

Sorry if this got a bit deep......I don't know if it helped at all!!! :wink2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think for me it is the thought of how long I will have to wait to see him again. Right after the show I felt elated and wanted to see him perform again right away! Coming down from that natural high is tough...I have never felt that way before! Maybe it's something they pump into the building during the show : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not at all.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the gig.. but I didn't feel particularly down or anything afterwards.

In fact, I didn't listen to Mika for weeks after the gig. Actually.. I haven't listened to his cd in months. :mf_rosetinted:

Not at all.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the gig.. but I didn't feel particularly down or anything afterwards.

In fact, I didn't listen to Mika for weeks after the gig. Actually.. I haven't listened to his cd in months. :mf_rosetinted:

same here:angel_not:

I know what you mean. I don't think it is something outrageously Mika-specific but can be observed at diverse occasions and events of great subjective significance to an individual. I guess it is about anticipation and the often massive extent to which it is built up beforehand. Take the 'MIKA case', people start to get excited as soon as tour dates are announced, then when they hold the tix in their hands it adds to it, besides there's a lot of collective planning going on on the forum before gigs, happy anticipation feelings are shared and thus somehow multiply themselves :wink2: Individually you may think about how it might be like to maybe even get the chance to say hello after the show and get one of the magic moments that mean little to the world but the world to you and get excited even about the plain possibility that it might happen. It all adds up to that enormous heap of happy feelings and then day X is there and all the tension (positive tension) erupts and unloads at once.

And then you feel sort of overwhelmed and empty at the same time. Which also allows you to open yourself up for new experiences. Maybe it is also a bit that you can't hold the moment and make it last but are not sure either if you can manage to treasure and keep it the way you would like to. But don't worry, you can.

• Like 2

When we saw Mika at GMA I was a mess for a couple of weeks. I wasn't expecting it, I was happy to be going with my family to see him but it was almost a novelty not something I'd thought I'd get sucked into.

Then your in a room with 100 people who are insane about Mika you FEEL the music (we were 4-5 feet from Cherrissse) then next think I know I yelling to him to come to our side of the stage and I ask him a question. He answers it and signs my daughters poster and that is it I was smacked upside the head.

Seeing him on 2/2 in NYC was exciting. The whole experience was exciting.

My "let-down" period was only 2-3 days after I had physically recovered from the day. (dehydration and adreniline) hurt my head I tell ya.

Reminds me I need to start a Oddlings Thread about Mid-Life Reawakening.

I wonder if my two daughters will post under this thread? I'll let them know its here and see what they have to say about it.

I totally know what you mean, i felt really down for a few days after seeing him, actually i think i still have a mild case of P.M.D now and thats like 2 months ago! I think its been made worse reading all the great times other MFCers have had seeing him in the last few weeks:(

Thanks for posting often wondered whether this was just me being too obsessive:thumb_yello:

I am the same way, Melanie. I can be a bit obsessive when it comes to seeing my favorite artists...I will think about the concert every day for months before the concert and then when it's over it's all bittersweet.

The feelings that I have about the last Mika concert are really hard to put into words. It was above and beyond of what I had wanted/expected.

I felt the same after the disney cruise but then i thought of all the children who could never afford or have meanie parents who would never take them or have a parent with a disability that couldn't go. I realized how much i hate the way i was feeling and how people longed for the feeling to be on the cruise and i got over it and moved on.

Thanks for posting often wondered whether this was just me being too obsessive:thumb_yello:

DEFINITELY!!! I remember thinking, great I have offically gone off the deep end.

Even if I had (have) I'd have plenty of company :naughty:

I have post mika depression right now :tears:

Not as bad as last time.

But I think it's because this time I enjoyed it so much more. I mean, last time the concert was absolutely amazing, but this time it just felt better. I think it's because I wasn't forcing myself to have a good time. this was my second, so i think i sort of knew what was coming, so i focused on him more. Also the people that were with me made me happier and it was more memorable. I wasnt so focused on getting good videos or making sure everything was perfect. It was more natural this time.

It's probably just the feeling when you have the most wonderful time of your life, and suddenly its just over so fast. I mean, we should be soo happy that we saw him, and we are happy, but then you just feel... i dont know. confused or something... ?

Because as you all know, when youre there with him it feels like nothing else in the world exists except for you and him and his music. It feels like nothing can harm you or go wrong when he's there singing. Like everything in the world is perfect for that one time.

:tears: mika messes with our emotions soo muchh!

and maybe its because the very moment we even find out he's gonna play or even come to our country, the concert becomes all we can think about, and we just play it up so much and just think of it all the time, and then its gone, so its a huge impact on us...

Yeah like when i heard he was coming to toronto. I got so excited and it crushed me like a boulder when i found out i couldn't go.

I have post mika depression right now :tears:

:tears: mika messes with our emotions soo muchh!

Maybe we should form a PMD support group?

Hope you get over it soon, put LICM on really really loud and sing your heart out, i found that helps.

Oh and he soo messes with our emotions, but i think thats part of why we all love him soo much!

Hope you get over it soon, put LICM on really really loud and sing your heart out, i found that helps.

Oh and he soo messes with our emotions, but i think thats part of why we all love him soo much!

I really reallly think we should have a PMD support group! I have it pretty bad!

Aww thanks love! I lost my voice though so i cant really talk haha, and i have to get it back because i want to be able to sing! I'll do that though!! :wink2:

Oh gosh i know! Yeah that's 1 one the reasons why we love him!! :flowers2:

I really reallly think we should have a PMD support group! I have it pretty bad!

Aww thanks love! I lost my voice though so i cant really talk haha, and i have to get it back because i want to be able to sing! I'll do that though!! :wink2:

Oh gosh i know! Yeah that's 1 one the reasons why we love him!! :flowers2:

1 of the reasons, mmm i can think of alot more too!:naughty:

The PMD support group, sounds great!

. . . WE ALL LOVE HIM SO MUCH . . .

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20070710/6/a/f/6afcbdfae803cc012e2cfb799fd6e1d30_large.jpg