Report inappropriate behaviour

Diana

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem as you :blink:

As an example: there was this thead were someone said we should sing a song so I made one and 1 or 2 posts under my post someone made one to, which was almost exactly the same but mine was ignored even when I made the text red :blink::thumbdown:

And this happens a lot but I thought that it was me, that I was doing something wrong or something. As a result I rarely post in the English forums because I don't feel comfortable there. It feels like being in school again.

That happens to me a lot too, and i thought exactly the same as you - do people not like me?

You're always welcome to come and have a chat in the British thread though Starrats - as is anyone. The regular posters in there like Sarah_lollipop and Mikafish are genuinely lovely.

What I notice a lot is that a few threads are what I would classify as "VIP threads"- because only certain users are expected to chat on them. Nothing wrong with that, I think, but if a new user of that thread presents themself, their posts shouldn't be ignored. I have experienced such a thing on one or two threads, being ignored, and I'm sure that it wasn't because someone missed my posts. Don't want to mention any names at the mo. Only when I finally stood up and wrote in HUGE writing what I meant, someone answered me. But that was because I stood up. Some users are shy or newbies, and don't know what to do if such a situation occurs.

Thank you so much for this sticky, Diana:wub2:

Peace:thumb_yello:

Madalena/ ISITM

I have the same problem as you

As an example: there was this thead were someone said we should sing a song so I made one and 1 or 2 posts under my post someone made one to, which was almost exactly the same but mine was ignored even when I made the text red

And this happens a lot but I thought that it was me, that I was doing something wrong or something. As a result I rarely post in the English forums because I don't feel comfortable there. It feels like being in school again.

I know what you mean.

I think that here (aswell as in most forums) there are groups of people, with their own private jokes, with their own "language", etc. When you get here and see their threads, of course you feel a bit scared, specially if you're a newbie. I usually don't post in threads made of those jokes, mainly because I have no idea what they're about. And we know MFC is a very active forum. If you don't know the subject in the beggining, it's difficult to follow the thread.

(I'm not complaining about any of this stuff....just reporting a fact! lol)

For me, this forum has become a bit chaotic, and because of that, I only check the news and the portuguese thread everyday. Others I read when I'm in the mood to do so. Not just because most of the times I don't understant what is being said, but also because I have nothing interesting to say... I've never seen Mika on stage, never met him, etc, so I have no stories to share.

Sometimes there's also the language barrier.

For me, english is not a problem, but for some other members it may be, so we just have to be careful and try to explain what's being said, if someone asks. But MFC is a friendly place, so I guess it's ok. :wink2:

I guess the newbies (or not) can also talk to their country representative(s), specially if its a matter of language difficulties, etc. :wink2:

Just a short comment to add to Mary's ....... YES ... any newbies or any ONE can always talk to their country's REPS. :thumb_yello: That is why Rainbow Sky set that up ... :wub2:

Also .... whenever anyone has entered the Aussie thread ... I have seen nothing but a kind welcome ..... yes, I DO understand that the culture may be quite different ... but ALL have always been WELCOMED ..... :wub2:

Just a short comment to add to Mary's ....... YES ... any newbies or any ONE can always talk to their country's REPS. :thumb_yello: That is why Rainbow Sky set that up ... :wub2:

Also .... whenever anyone has entered the Aussie thread ... I have seen nothing but a kind welcome ..... yes, I DO understand that the culture may be quite different ... but ALL have always been WELCOMED ..... :wub2:

As I said, MFC is very friendly. :bleh:

May I add something? Everyone can go to the Portuguese thread, of course! Although there's the language barrier, we know...

That's it! :shocked:

For FREE PORTUGUESE LESSONS, go to the Portuguese thread! :roftl: Everyone is welcome!

(we don't bite, we don't hit anyone, we're nice, I promise!)

Sorry for the little off-topic, mods! :blush-anim-cl:

The Aussie thread is actually amazing. At least 1 person, if not everyone always says hi if i post. We really want the British thread to have that kind of atmosphere.

As I said, MFC is very friendly. :bleh:

May I add something? Everyone can go to the Portuguese thread, of course! Although there's the language barrier, we know...

That's it! :shocked:

For FREE PORTUGUESE LESSONS, go to the Portuguese thread! :roftl: Everyone is welcome!

(we don't bite, we don't hit anyone, we're nice, I promise!)

Sorry for the little off-topic, mods! :blush-anim-cl:

YAY MARY !!!! Please NEVER feel that need to apologise to mods ..... I'm nothing more or less than you ..... :wub2: ... & thank you for the offer of language lessons ... :thumb_yello:

The Aussie thread is actually amazing. At least 1 person, if not everyone always says hi if i post. We really want the British thread to have that kind of atmosphere.

Awwwww Sarah ...... :huglove:

It depends on what the subject is

We can openly denounce something .. why not??

no, i mean when you get a pm from a mod because of what you consider as abusive denunciation of your posts because they were nothing like offensive to the people they were directed at and who got them as the joke they were, but people who read them and are absolutely not concerned by them find them "aggressive" :fisch: i think that's pretty abusive cause well, i could sum it up as "i wasn't talking to you, why do you report my post ?" :blink:

no, i mean when you get a pm from a mod because of what you consider as abusive denunciation of your posts because they were nothing like offensive to the people they were directed at and who got them as the joke they were, but people who read them and are absolutely not concerned by them find them "aggressive" :fisch: i think that's pretty abusive cause well, i could sum it up as "i wasn't talking to you, why do you report my post ?" :blink:

The Mod should only have been informed by someone off the MFC that they found the post offensive .... why would someone say your post is offensive then PM a Mod saying they didnt like it

Btw .. I thought your post was "stirring" ..... :wink2:

The Mod should only have been informed by someone off the MFC that they found the post offensive .... why would someone say your post is offensive then PM a Mod saying they didnt like it

Btw .. I thought your post was "stirring" ..... :wink2:

yes, i'm not saying that someone didn't report my post ! i'm saying that someone that had nothing to do with that post has been reporting it ! where are we going to ?! we can't please everyone !!! i was joking with 2 people who got the joke, and it was over, and then, this morning, i have a PM saying that someone has been reporting my post ??? i mean : it's the closest to censorship we've been to...

what does "stirring" mean ?

and last, i'm already reading no more than 1 or 2 threads + the gig reports threads, which is why i've been offending no one for a little time (that's my way to moderate myself : i don't see, i don't talk about it, i don't "offend") but if i'm going to be moderated even on the 3 posts a day i make, i'm not going to post anymore except in one thread about fruits and cats... and then what ??? someone is gonna say i'm being "cliquey" ????

i think people should be a bit less "oversensitive" about everything, that's the real way to calm things down... not censorship/over-moderating...

i think that's pretty abusive cause well, i could sum it up as "i wasn't talking to you, why do you report my post ?" :blink:

Well, that's flawed logic, isn't it?

I could come on here and post all sorts of spam, or all sorts of

derogatory comments about someone, and if anyone reported me,

my defense would be, "I wasn't talking to you?"

This is an open forum that everyone in the world

has access to... anyone can read it, so anyone can report something

they see. If you want to only direct your comments to one person,

that's what PMs or MSN is for.

dcdeb

Well, that's flawed logic, isn't it?

I could come on here and post all sorts of spam, or all sorts of

derogatory comments about someone, and if anyone reported me,

my defense would be, "I wasn't talking to you?"

This is an open forum that everyone in the world

has access to... anyone can read it, so anyone can report something

they see. If you want to only direct your comments to one person,

that's PMs or MSN is for.

dcdeb

then if we go toward this, all the reports threads hijacking before the actual reports that pollute the threads could be considered as abusive as i'm annoyed with those private joke when i'm waiting for a report... this is called "private joke" not spamming... and then yes, i think all the private jokes are offensive since i don't understand them and i want to, maybe they are directed at me and i don't get it, so i'm offended...

but don't worry, i'm not gonna offend anyone anymore !

discussion over for me...

yes, i'm not saying that someone didn't report my post ! i'm saying that someone that had nothing to do with that post has been reporting it ! where are we going to ?! we can't please everyone !!! i was joking with 2 people who got the joke, and it was over, and then, this morning, i have a PM saying that someone has been reporting my post ??? i mean : it's the closest to censorship we've been to...

what does "stirring" mean ?

and last, i'm already reading no more than 1 or 2 threads + the gig reports threads, which is why i've been offending no one for a little time (that's my way to moderate myself : i don't see, i don't talk about it, i don't "offend") but if i'm going to be moderated even on the 3 posts a day i make, i'm not going to post anymore except in one thread about fruits and cats... and then what ??? someone is gonna say i'm being "cliquey" ????

i think people should be a bit less "oversensitive" about everything, that's the real way to calm things down... not censorship/over-moderating...

I really dont think its being over moderated

You want to know the bottom line .. PEOPLE ARE WALKING AWAY

Why??? .. cause we are becoming unfriendly .. , its a fact !

And whether you want us to be official or not ... I saw you sarcastic post in that thread .. then things are changing!!! ... youve been here a while .. look at how many of the originals have walked ... many many , not all due to the fact that they dont like Mika anyone .. BUT for the fact that they see the MFC as aggressive and not friendly ...

That was always our strength .. and Ill make sure it continues that way as well

I really dont think its being over moderated

You want to know the bottom line .. PEOPLE ARE WALKING AWAY

Why??? .. cause we are becoming unfriendly .. , its a fact !

And whether you want us to be official or not ... I saw you sarcastic post in that thread .. then things are changing!!! ... youve been here a while .. look at how many of the originals have walked ... many many , not all due to the fact that they dont like Mika anyone .. BUT for the fact that they see the MFC as aggressive and not friendly ...

That was always our strength .. and Ill make sure it continues that way as well

i'm walking away too if you want to know, cause NOW it's being unfriendly, and directed at me, because of what i've ALWAYS been...

that's a change for me, and i don't think it's a good change...

i guess you can't please everyone so have fun all admiring mika.

This thread is merely a request from the forum team to you all to report abusive behavior. It wasn't meant to become a disussion on what's abusive and what isn't... or even a discussion about whether or not this board is over moderated... That's a whole different topic.

Everyone has a different view on what's abusive or not and when someone sees something they consider to be abusive, they should report it.

We in turn can then decide whether we agree with that (and act on it) or not.

So can we please drop this discussion?

then if we go toward this, all the reports threads hijacking before the actual reports that pollute the threads could be considered as abusive as i'm annoyed with those private joke when i'm waiting for a report... this is called "private joke" not spamming... and then yes, i think all the private jokes are offensive since i don't understand them and i want to, maybe they are directed at me and i don't get it, so i'm offended...

So send me a note to complain. :thumb_yello: And when I get 4-5 similar complaints then

I'll know it's a real problem.

Random accusations or complaints are one thing. But when I get more than

a few PMs about something or someone, I realize there's a bigger issue.

dcdeb

i'm walking away too if you want to know, cause NOW it's being unfriendly, and directed at me, because of what i've ALWAYS been...

that's a change for me, and i don't think it's a good change...

i guess you can't please everyone so have fun all admiring mika.

None of my comments were directed towards you were they?? you asked me a question:wink2:

Its an overall observation .. and sadly a fact

Im not saying the forum is bad by any means .. but why are so many high posting regulars not here .. ESPECIALLY as we are official

The answer is sad :boxed:

I have the same problem as you :blink:

As an example: there was this thead were someone said we should sing a song so I made one and 1 or 2 posts under my post someone made one to, which was almost exactly the same but mine was ignored even when I made the text red :blink::thumbdown:

I know what you mean.

I think that here (aswell as in most forums) there are groups of people, with their own private jokes, with their own "language", etc. When you get here and see their threads, of course you feel a bit scared, specially if you're a newbie. I usually don't post in threads made of those jokes, mainly because I have no idea what they're about. And we know MFC is a very active forum. If you don't know the subject in the beggining, it's difficult to follow the thread.

(I'm not complaining about any of this stuff....just reporting a fact! lol)

For me, this forum has become a bit chaotic, and because of that, I only check the news and the portuguese thread everyday. Others I read when I'm in the mood to do so. Not just because most of the times I don't understant what is being said, but also because I have nothing interesting to say... I've never seen Mika on stage, never met him, etc, so I have no stories to share.

Sometimes there's also the language barrier.

For me, english is not a problem, but for some other members it may be, so we just have to be careful and try to explain what's being said, if someone asks. But MFC is a friendly place, so I guess it's ok. :wink2:

I guess the newbies (or not) can also talk to their country representative(s), specially if its a matter of language difficulties, etc. :wink2:

I'm so glad that some of you understand:blush-anim-cl:

Thank youuu!:bleh:

this got hostile and unhappy very quickly. Can't we all just agree that everyone has the right to say what they please (as long as it's decent and respectable) and as a result we have the right to respond as we please in the same manner? I'm assuming we all came here with the shared passion to love mika and his music, and we can only continue to do so if we foster a caring, understanding, patient, friendly community. I know I'm still new here and it's somewhat intimidating, but I guess you just can't let yourself be pushed around, that's the truth with life. :D

Ok, I feel like adding something to this discussing. I usually don't say much and my posts are generally not known to be extremely long. I just want to say that I've been having a lot of fun in here for almost a year now and I hope that this fun will go on a bit longer. I also understand that there are a large number of younglings who should be in a way protected. What I don't understand though is the complaint about cliques. I mean like in real life you don't get along with everyone and you automatically stick to the people that share your sense of humour or whatever. Its the same in here. There are some threads where various members post and where others are always welcome. There are however also the threads where only certain people tend to go. If it was not for the existence of one of these threads I guess I wouldn't be here. And I also think that anyone is welcome in the, what was called "inside-joke-threads" if they just ask what the joke is about. If they can then kind of identify with the content of the thread there is no need to leave it again :wink2: .

Of course I think it is quite rude to be ignored in a thread. I belong to those who almost never get a reply. I actually don't know why but that's ok. Then I just stop posting there and go somewhere else because I think when people don't want to talk to me they must have their reasons and why bother them longer :wink2: .

I still have the impression that this forum as such is a friendly place and I also think that the forum should somehow resemble real life. There isn't always happiness and friendliness in real life. If we try to be friendly and nice all the time we might even get more aggressive :wink2: . Of course I don't think that bullying is in any way ok. It should be observed and reported if it gets too severe. But if anyone feels offended by a post I would suggest that this person leaves the computer for a few minutes and tries to re-read the possibly offensive post again after a certain time. Maybe it already looks different then. If everyone starts to complain immediately it will all result in a kind of kindergarden "he has stolen my toy" atmosphere and I guess no one really wants that.

I think this is the longest post I have ever written :naughty: but I felt the need to say something :blush-anim-cl: .