Sara Bareilles

mandilambi

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love her album!!

I bought it about a month ago and haven't gotten sick of it yet!!

And I don't think I will....I don't listen to the radio cuz I am tired of hearing Rhianna and Justin Timberlake EVERYTIME I turn it on....seriously, I think they play Rhianna at least 4 times a day here....:thumbdown:

I like both artists but it can be a bit much...:naughty:

I really like Sara Bareilles. This is exciting!I've never gotten to see her live though beacuse Atlanta was the only concert that she didn't open for Mika. Headlining means that it's her own show and she's not opening for someone right? :blush-anim-cl:

AND she's coming to Atlanta. Now I'm extra excited :biggrin2:

I was excited when her song first started getting airplay, but I hope they don't over do it! I kinda wish I would have gotten her autograph at the June concert. Though, we were the only ones who showed any interest in her. Even making her van stop so we could talk to her. She was so sweet.

Anyway, I think it's a good possibility she may get bigger than Mika in the U.S. just because that type of music is more "in". Though, I'm not denying that she's a great artist 'cause she is!

In fact, this may come to a shock to some of you, but I enjoy heckeling bands.

:shocked: I can't believe that! :naughty:

I'm pretty happy for SaraB -- I just saw that she'll be the headline

act at the 9:30 Club here in DC on 4/28... less than a year after I

saw her open for Mika in the same venue! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Seriously, Sara is ****ing amazing.

I've kept in contact with her guitarist since March and I'm going to see her (possibly-waiting on tickets) next week at the beacon theatre in NYC and deffinetly next week on TRL.

yay!

It's seriously, the best thing ever watching this all happen to her.

I was excited when her song first started getting airplay, but I hope they don't over do it! I kinda wish I would have gotten her autograph at the June concert. Though, we were the only ones who showed any interest in her. Even making her van stop so we could talk to her. She was so sweet.

Anyway, I think it's a good possibility she may get bigger than Mika in the U.S. just because that type of music is more "in". Though, I'm not denying that she's a great artist 'cause she is!

Same here! I don't listen to radio, so I don't know how often they play her, but I've seen her on VH1 a few times and on a commercial.

I've kept in contact with her guitarist since March and I'm going to see her (possibly-waiting on tickets) next week at the beacon theatre in NYC and deffinetly next week on TRL.

yay!

Hey Jackie...get me a ticket.:wink2:

Funny..just today some kid that sits next to me in my computer's class (African American gangster kid) who you'd never expect to hear sing her songs was singing Love song, turns to me and says, "You know this song?" and I said, "Yea, I love it!" and he goes, "Do you know the rest of they words? Sing it for me!!"

It was so funny.:roftl:

I know there are a few people that liked her when she opened for Mika, so I thought I'd post this just as an FYI. Looks like she is making quite the name for herself (some thanks to Mika, for sure!)

http://www.livedaily.com/news/13701.html

YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THANKING MIKA!!!!

I JUST WISH THEY WOULD PLAY MIKA TO A POINT THAT PEOPLE START KNOWING HIS NAME!!!

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HER, BUT I AM DEFINITELY SAVING MONEY FOR MIKA!!

I DON'T CARE IF SHE COMES BACK THIS YEAR WHICH I DOUBT OR NEXT YEAR!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO.

HUGS

yay!

Word.

I would post again, but I figure quoting it would be just as easy.

literally the same thing for me.

• 1 month later...

Love Song is played a lot on Dutch radio these days. At least on Radio 2 by my favourite DJ Frits Spits (who is also a fan of Stuck in the Middle). thumb_yello.gif

I hope Sara will come to the Netherlands soon now people get to know her music here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I know there are a few people that liked her when she opened for Mika, so I thought I'd post this just as an FYI. Looks like she is making quite the name for herself (some thanks to Mika, for sure!)

http://www.livedaily.com/news/13701.html

I'm really happy to see this thread...I like Sara, I love her songs and since I want to be a good singer someday, for me she´s a model to follow

I realised today he opened Mika...and it was like :shocked: Really didn't know that, it's not much the info you get here in Argentina...as you can suppose...

and I'm a recent fan, so...

I wanted to ask when and where Sara opened for Mika...i only know it was 2007.

And it makes me think Mika likes the girl :) Not any singer can open a show like that! hehe :bleh:

A while ago i went to starbucks and they had these free pick of the week cards of songs where they give you a code and you go and get that song for free on itunes. anyways, i picked up a few of those and and Her her "Love Song" was one of them. When i redeemed the songs, they were mostly okay, not amazing, but i really liked hers much more than the rest.

Then a few months later its a hit! woot, go Sara!

I wanted to ask when and where Sara opened for Mika...i only know it was 2007.

I'm wondering the same thing. I didn't know she opened for Mika last year! We play her album at work all the time. A lot of people are tired of hearing "Love Song" but I haven't heard it very much yet, so I still think it's great!

LG, I didn't know "Love Song" was a Starbucks Song of the Week. Wish I had known that before I bought it on iTunes. :bored: