Sara Bareilles

mandilambi

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it on tv ,but I have to tell you,it wasn't the best performance of Gravity of hers . I'm sure the mini orchestra screwed with her hearing too and she was excited to perform it. It turned out good,but I didn't get goosebumps until the famous "dooooooooowwn"

Loved how the crowd applauded! I always get so happy for her when I see her get the appreciation she deserves

I watched it on tv ,but I have to tell you,it wasn't the best performance of Gravity of hers . I'm sure the mini orchestra screwed with her hearing too and she was excited to perform it. It turned out good,but I didn't get goosebumps until the famous "dooooooooowwn"

Loved how the crowd applauded! I always get so happy for her when I see her get the appreciation she deserves

I know, I've seen better. I feel like a proud parent though when I see her on tv shows like this :naughty:

I know, I've seen better. I feel like a proud parent though when I see her on tv shows like this :naughty:

exactly! when she can be seen by millions! Like when Perez featured 'Gravity' on his page,I was so happy she's gotten that exposure!

And very likey with people who hadn't heard about her before

I should check the ratings for the Leno show :naughty:

exactly! when she can be seen by millions! Like when Perez featured 'Gravity' on his page,I was so happy she's gotten that exposure!

And very likey with people who hadn't heard about her before

I should check the ratings for the Leno show :naughty:

Yeah I got so excited about the Perez thing.

Although... I don't want her to get tooooo famous :naughty: I'm quite happy with her being in venues with no barriers that don't require a whole lot of queuing to end up almost sitting on her lap :wink2: Selfish I know but that's what makes her gigs that extra bit special. I couldn't imagine her in an arena :blink:

Yeah I got so excited about the Perez thing.

Although... I don't want her to get tooooo famous :naughty: I'm quite happy with her being in venues with no barriers that don't require a whole lot of queuing to end up almost sitting on her lap :wink2: Selfish I know but that's what makes her gigs that extra bit special. I couldn't imagine her in an arena :blink:

I can almost hear the guys complaining again about how they were so far from each other on stage during the maroon 5 tour :naughty:

I think she'll probably stay normal despite any kind of fame tho,plus I'd dare say her music isn't what the masses will devour. They're a tad more shallow :naughty:

I love her gigs too,I mean my first gig was about 60 people,the next was 300 and the next about 1000 and not even that was big.

I'd love her to win a Grammy :wub2: I'd also love her to be heard by many more,but I have a feeling she won't become 'arena' in Europe

I've just uploaded my videos from the June gig since I never actually got round to it before.... I'd got them spread out over myspace/facebook etc but not youtube...

(this is mainly just shameless thread bumping btw)

No, I am pretty sure she won't become arena in Europe, and I hope she wins something, she's lovely, I much prefer her style to KP.

Definitely! It's a no brainer picking between her and KP

She's not so in your face,or a walking rainbow.Much appreciated :mf_rosetinted:

Plus,she actually does write her own things and hasn't gone that commercial

She was opening for Kravitz in Munich,and she did an arena actually,but afterwards they were all kinda still in hype from it. So she prolly could do it,especially in Germany . But my selfish self is happy with the way things are now

Definitely! It's a no brainer picking between her and KP

She's not so in your face,or a walking rainbow.Much appreciated :mf_rosetinted:

Plus,she actually does write her own things and hasn't gone that commercial

She was opening for Kravitz in Munich,and she did an arena actually,but afterwards they were all kinda still in hype from it. So she prolly could do it,especially in Germany . But my selfish self is happy with the way things are now

Yeah I think she's underrated and if more people saw her they would appreciate her.

I'm sure she could, I just doubt she'd chose to.....hopefully :naughty: Even if she did suddenly get a huge wave of fans, I reckon she'd just do 4 or 5 dates in a row at a club still :thumb_yello:

Yeah I think she's underrated and if more people saw her they would appreciate her.

I know she got 3 people crying when I showed them the 'Gravity' video.

It's like that idiotic MTV promo thing "It's not an If or a But,it's a Definitely " :naughty:

I'm sure she could, I just doubt she'd chose to.....hopefully :naughty: Even if she did suddenly get a huge wave of fans, I reckon she'd just do 4 or 5 dates in a row at a club still :thumb_yello:

for sure,they have to go on safe bets,at least for now

I mean even Maroon 5 played the same venue as Mika in Munich...it's all relative

I was eavesdropping on everyones conversations after the last gig here as I was walking out the venue and it was really interesting to hear what everyone was saying about it! There were quite a lot of men that had been dragged along by their girlfriends and vice versa and all of them were saying how amazing it was, every single one of them. I literally didn't hear anyone talking about anything other than how great the gig was.

Even if she's not your style, I doubt many people could sit/stand through a whole set from her and not enjoy or appreciate it... but maybe I'm just biased?

In fact, that's what Mika should do really, not be such a lazy (flamboyant) bastard and play one huge place, but play one small place for a week or so.

Like the ICA or something. He could do that perhaps for a month. That's my plan. :mf_rosetinted:

In fact, that's what Mika should do really, not be such a lazy (flamboyant) bastard and play one huge place, but play one small place for a week or so.

Like the ICA or something. He could do that perhaps for a month. That's my plan. :mf_rosetinted:

haha yeah exactly. Plus it would be cheaper (for regular fans at least who would go to just one of the gigs) It'd be like a Celine Dion at Vegas type thing..... :naughty:

I was eavesdropping on everyones conversations after the last gig here as I was walking out the venue and it was really interesting to hear what everyone was saying about it! There were quite a lot of men that had been dragged along by their girlfriends and vice versa and all of them were saying how amazing it was, every single one of them. I literally didn't hear anyone talking about anything other than how great the gig was.

Even if she's not your style, I doubt many people could sit/stand through a whole set from her and not enjoy or appreciate it... but maybe I'm just biased?

No, I hadn't much idea of what she was like when I saw her, but she totally wins you over with her engaging personality, her fantastic voice and the way she just belts them out! She's a good old fashioned singer/songwriter and there's nothing wrong with that!

No, I hadn't much idea of what she was like when I saw her, but she totally wins you over with her engaging personality, her fantastic voice and the way she just belts them out! She's a good old fashioned singer/songwriter and there's nothing wrong with that!

You should have come to the second one in September, it was about 150% better than bush hall! :blush-anim-cl:

At the first gig I was really expecting Sara and a piano tbh,and maybe I was expecting it to be somewhat quiet

But when they started playing I got goosebumps. She's good on the record and all but live...it was surprising how much better that was

And then I knew Sara is more than the girl with the piano

p.s: i dragged along 3 people too,they loved it

Yes, I totally agree.

I didn't know what to expect when I went to the gig, and I left thinking how amazing (and also amazingly lovely and down to earth) she was :wub2:. She's full of talent! And so nice too, great combination.

Haaha :crybaby: Bab, I am SO with you on that one! You think we should do a nice li'l petition? :roftl:

The ICA was the perfect venue for him :mf_rosetinted:. My first Mika gig, and what a gig!!!

I just realised that when we went to her gig in June it was you who spotted Luke, wasn't it? :naughty:

I just realised that when we went to her gig in June it was you who spotted Luke, wasn't it? :naughty:

No, it was me.

I stopped and pointed and Babs said ITS LUKE at the exact time. We couldn't have really missed him though, he was the only one who wasn't walking :naughty:

Also do we know this person? http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=44746539 (the girl talking to Gremlin) ...oir is it just a randomer wearing a MFC heart?