mandilambi

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:sad:

...who decides who wins these things anyway. Grr :boxing:

it's weird,the grammy site has all the winners up already...and nothing for Jason either

Some old people with fantastic tastes most likely ...give'em to Lil'Wayne ,he make music maaan :mf_rosetinted: and John Mayer...

it's weird,the grammy site has all the winners up already...and nothing for Jason either

Some old people with fantastic tastes most likely ...give'em to Lil'Wayne ,he make music maaan :mf_rosetinted: and John Mayer...

Ugh, they should put us on the judging panel next year. We're not biased, just fair (and not deaf):sneaky2:

I'm literally staring at the dress I get to wear to the Grammys, and o em

gee. Oh em gee. O m g.

Again I just want to say thanks for all the love. I'm so lucky that I even

get to go to this event. :) Who cares what happens now as long as I can

finally get Rhianna's number.

Last time she wouldn't hand it over. Lame.

...and Rhianna wasn't even there haha poor Sara :naughty:

Rihanna obvioulsy hangs with the wrong crowd :naughty:

That's why I wanted to see the dress so badly,I had that quote in mind.

She always wears such cute things. I don't think she'd ever pick a gown like kp for example. it's just not her somehow

Definitely! It's a no brainer picking between her and KP

She's not so in your face,or a walking rainbow.Much appreciated :mf_rosetinted:

Plus,she actually does write her own things and hasn't gone that commercial

She was opening for Kravitz in Munich,and she did an arena actually,but afterwards they were all kinda still in hype from it. So she prolly could do it,especially in Germany . But my selfish self is happy with the way things are now

Ah Ioana, come on :naughty:. No need to get like that :sneaky2:. It's not about picking anyone over anyone else.

For example, I personally like them both, and in any case, their styles are too different to even compare them!!

Also, regarding the little dig about the lyrics, Katy writes her stuff as well. So, she has collaborated with other people for a couple of songs...big deal...the vast majority of stuff in her album is written solely by her. In any case, all artists collaborate with others at some point anyway! And that includes Mika.

Some of the songs in his album were not written entirely by himself, and that doesn't make him any worse, does it?

I appreciate that you like Sara, and I like her a lot myself as well, but I really don't see the need to get into this sort of comparison and to get catty about Katy :roftl:. It's like comparing strawberries with celery. Totally different species!

I'm not talking about the music,just the person itself . I mean I've listened to Katy's entire album...several times :lol3:

Babs said she's pick sara anytime over KP,I replied I would too. Personal preference,that's all

I used to love 'Ur so gay' , big appreciation for those lyrics. But then the songs got more and more brainless. it's a fact "i can belch the alphabet"? or ...the whole of "Hot n Cold"

Fact is she wouldn't have gotten where she is without a little help. I mean ,how great is 'thinking of you' doing? She wrote that song all on her own

I am really not a fan of pre-fabricated starlets. If she would have stuck to what she was like pre girl kissing,I would be still loving her to this day

And on that note,I'm all for supporting people who put their soul into music,and not thinking of ways to sell it.

Katy has started to stand for a lot of things I've always disliked in the industry,and Sara is the complete opposite. That's why I'd chose her anytime

I like both... I think most people here know that.

However.....

I have both of both of their album and prefer Sara's

I've seen them both live and preferred Sara each time

I've met them both and I'd say Sara 'wins' hands down on the being nice to fans side of things,

There are artists that I prefer to Katy and there are artists who I prefer Katy to.

I'm not making it out as some kind of competition...it doesn't really matter to me if I like one more than the other

(I haven't slept in over 30 hours so that probably made NO sense...sorry)

However.....

I've met them both and I'd say Sara 'wins' hands down on the being nice to fans side of things,

There are artists that I prefer to Katy and there are artists who I prefer Katy to.

I'm not making it out as some kind of competition...it doesn't really matter to me if I like one more than the other

Now you have made me really curious!:wink2:

*goes to check Sara Bareille's songs*

I'm not talking about the music,just the person itself . I mean I've listened to Katy's entire album...several times :lol3:

Babs said she's pick sara anytime over KP,I replied I would too. Personal preference,that's all

I used to love 'Ur so gay' , big appreciation for those lyrics. But then the songs got more and more brainless. it's a fact "i can belch the alphabet"? or ...the whole of "Hot n Cold"

Fact is she wouldn't have gotten where she is without a little help. I mean ,how great is 'thinking of you' doing? She wrote that song all on her own

I am really not a fan of pre-fabricated starlets. If she would have stuck to what she was like pre girl kissing,I would be still loving her to this day

And on that note,I'm all for supporting people who put their soul into music,and not thinking of ways to sell it.

Katy has started to stand for a lot of things I've always disliked in the industry,and Sara is the complete opposite. That's why I'd chose her anytime

Ok, if we're talking person and not music, I'm totally with you, and I have made no secret of this. As much as I love her gigs, I detest how she is coming across, and (as I just said in her thread) the whole 'showiness' and fakeness (as I perceive it) of her 'brand'.

Obviously I don't hate her, or say that she's a bad person, but I think that she'd be the kind of girl that I could never really get on with and be friends with...On the other hand, Sara as a person comes across like a regular sweet girl, who you could really get on with, and therefore I could totally see myself being friends with her.

So yes, in that respect I totally agree with you. Regarding the music...it's just a different thing. I have loved Katy's gigs SO much, and to this date, Sara has not gripped me in the same way.

As much as I really enjoyed that gig that I went to, and as much as I can see that she is probably musically superior to Katy, I don't find her music as appealling as Katy's. I'm not sure why this is, as I love Sara's voce and songs, but it just is. If I had to choose one of the two (which would be absurd, as why can one not like different artists in different ways or even different measures :naughty:) I would have to go for Katy. I just enjoy her stuff more.

Now...having said that, I totally agree with what you said about the way she is coming across as super manufactured and commercial now. The thing is, I actually think that this is just the way they are selling her, in order to make it, but I do think that the way that she's coming across is the way that she IS. Does that make any sense?

Just that they are playing it up big time for the media. And I am not liking it at all (just to clarify my position), but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of her music.

However.....

Yes, and i also agree that she does seem a lot nicer with fans or anyone, which is why I said what I said above.

Yeah all we are saying is that it's our personal preference. No big deal!

No, of course it's no big deal at all and we all have our personal preferences, but the reason why I reacted was that Ioana mentioned the 'writing one's own lyrics' which I found a bit unfair, a Katy writes her stuff to the same extent than Mika for example does, yet it seemed like the clear implication was that KP didn't, and that there was just a general tone of 'bitchiness' towards her :wink2:. Hence my (as usual) lengthy reply :naughty:.

Anyway, for a more detailed take on my views on KP you can read it on the KP thread, as I just posted another thesis there :roftl:

Ok, if we're talking person and not music, I'm totally with you, and I have made no secret of this. As much as I love her gigs, I detest how she is coming across, and (as I just said in her thread) the whole 'showiness' and fakeness (as I perceive it) of her 'brand'.

Obviously I don't hate her, or say that she's a bad person, but I think that she'd be the kind of girl that I could never really get on with and be friends with...On the other hand, Sara as a person comes across like a regular sweet girl, who you could really get on with, and therefore I could totally see myself being friends with her.

So yes, in that respect I totally agree with you. Regarding the music...it's just a different thing. I have loved Katy's gigs SO much, and to this date, Sara has not gripped me in the same way.

As much as I really enjoyed that gig that I went to, and as much as I can see that she is probably musically superior to Katy, I don't find her music as appealling as Katy's. I'm not sure why this is, as I love Sara's voce and songs, but it just is. If I had to choose one of the two (which would be absurd, as why can one not like different artists in different ways or even different measures :naughty:) I would have to go for Katy. I just enjoy her stuff more.

Now...having said that, I totally agree with what you said about the way she is coming across as super manufactured and commercial now. The thing is, I actually think that this is just the way they are selling her, in order to make it, but I do think that the way that she's coming across is the way that she IS. Does that make any sense?

Just that they are playing it up big time for the media. And I am not liking it at all (just to clarify my position), but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of her music.

I don't dislike her music at all,I mean crap sounds way different ,so that's not the issue. I simply respect Sara much more

I also get why you'd like Katy more,her tunes are much more catchy and energetic then Sara's.There's an obvious difference of genre even in what they do. And Sara doesn't really jump around the stage during the gig to begin with. So it's all calmer,so to speak

I know what you mean with her coming across as she is,and that's why I don't like the person. I actually think I was foolish when I thought "oh cool,Katy's pretty perceptive!" ...which well..she isn't. I know I was muted really when I heard her speak at the EMA's ...that just did it for me. I repented :roftl:

I don't dislike her music at all,I mean crap sounds way different ,so that's not the issue. I simply respect Sara much more

I also get why you'd like Katy more,her tunes are much more catchy and energetic then Sara's.There's an obvious difference of genre even in what they do. And Sara doesn't really jump around the stage during the gig to begin with. So it's all calmer,so to speak

I know what you mean with her coming across as she is,and that's why I don't like the person. I actually think I was foolish when I thought "oh cool,Katy's pretty perceptive!" ...which well..she isn't. I know I was muted really when I heard her speak at the EMA's ...that just did it for me. I repented :roftl:

Yes, sadly, I think that her speaking has made many of us...erm...realise :naughty:

What can you do though...:wink2:

Lots of new things :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSCilqvJLRI&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqrzVcNi9-s (I hate it when they do this!!!)

slightly better but worse.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKa__i5Bgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3u7t6H6r0 Oooh

Edited by -Jennie-

bumpblogbump

Monday, February 16, 2009

spacer.gifBono and I

we had a moment.

No, I'm not joking, and I'll never be the same.

I was the only person standing while U2 performed their new single at the staples center (god knows why nobody stood up) and Bono looked at me and threw his sunglasses my way. He missed and they went over my head, but that's beside the point. They were meant for me. At least that's what I'll be telling my grandkids.

Me and Bonski connecting was just one of many amazing moments I happened to have been lucky enough to experience at the GRAMMYS! I've been thinking about writing this blog since the morning of the awards but wanted to make sure I sat down with enough time to share every detail. That lofty idea has slowly faded away and now I'm just aiming at giving you as much info as I can on what was one of my favorite days in my entire life.

the entire thing was like a beautiful dream that was all kind of weird at the same time. A beautiful dream where I get to be in the same space and time as artists that I've been inspired by my entire life and I was wearing a princess dress. Weird cause the bar was closed when i got there, Joey Fatone and Lisa Rinna were literally the first people who greeted me, and my shoes were killing me. All surreal, my friends.

Getting ready was a blast, shared the morning with mimosas and coffee in my fancy hotel room and my family and besties came along too. Once we were all dolled up, we headed to the awards early in a limo that got lost. No fun. Our sweet but potentially senile driver kept saying the word "cherry" over and over to himself. He was looking for the street called cherry. I thought he was obsessed with fruit.

The entire time I was thinking I was going to pass out. I wasn't sure if it was because the dress was tight, or if I was just too nervous to breathe. I think it was a little of both.

We arrived and watched the pre-telecast awards, headed out to walk the red-carpet, and then went into the show. Although I didn't take home any grammys, it was truly such an incredible honor being there. I was on cloud nine the entire time and although I am not usually a star-struck kind of girl, it was difficult not to be affected by the magnitude of talent in that room. Sir Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Coldplay, U2, Radiohead.... the list goes on and on. My mom sat next to Busta Rhymes and behind Snoop. I think I've said it all. ( i had to tell her who they were, though. Pretty cute.)

It was surreal to hear my name read out loud by THE Al Green, and to feel like I was a part of the whole thing. Not only did i get to be there to witness this, but I felt acknowledged and included and I just can't stop smiling thinking about the entire night. I never wanted it to end.

But alas it did end, and now we are most happily settling into the very unique experience of being on this Gravity tour. These venues are quite intimate and it reminds me of the first shows I did in LA. I'm reconnecting with just telling stories and truly enjoying my time on stage, and I love it! We are only just beginning, and there's lots more to come... yay. I do hope to get to see some of you along the way.

Have to run, as I'm going into a food coma from chinese food I just inhaled. must....get....to.........bed......

xoxoxozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by -Jennie-

Check out the venue where Christine, closetmikafan, and I are going to see Sara Bareilles next week - a church!

Church-Interior.jpg

http://www.theredeemer.ca/pages/about.html

:woot_jump:

I sure hope to be on my best behaviour. I wonder how awkward and uncomfortable I would feel if it was Lily Allen performing there and I sung along with her lyrics :blink:

Check out the venue where Christine, closetmikafan, and I are going to see Sara Bareilles next week - a church!

Church-Interior.jpg

http://www.theredeemer.ca/pages/about.html

:woot_jump:

I sure hope to be on my best behaviour. I wonder how awkward and uncomfortable I would feel if it was Lily Allen performing there and I sung along with her lyrics :blink:

It would be like when we saw Katy Perry in a church hahah :naughty:

I'm so jealous you're going by the way. If I had a spare £400 lying around I'd so be there with you:thumb_yello:

It would be like when we saw Katy Perry in a church hahah :naughty:

I'm so jealous you're going by the way. If I had a spare £400 lying around I'd so be there with you:thumb_yello:

Aww shucks..well, if the spare money ever happens, there's always a few people you know here - so you know where you could crash. :cheerful_h4h: