Sara Bareilles

mandilambi

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Jennie, don't personally know any private jet owners. I did buy a new mode of transportation the other day, but unfortunately it was just a mere automobile.

Now if Mika is still going to graciously entertain us with acoustic gigs, perhaps this church I just posted about will plant a seed in his mind. And the violinist, Owen Pallette who contributes to "Rain", is from Toronto and initially started his performances at church, so that just makes it all the more logical.

Okay, highly unlikely... :naughty:

That is a wonderful location for a gig Suzy! :shocked:

The Kooks played in a church too last year, I think it was in Cologne. Some MFC'ers went there. You wouldn't really expect the Kooks playing in a church but according to the reports it was a great gig.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your report!

And 10 min ago I finally ordered the Live at the Fillmore DVD. So now I also have something to look forward to! :naughty:

That is a wonderful location for a gig Suzy! :shocked:

The Kooks played in a church too last year, I think it was in Cologne. Some MFC'ers went there. You wouldn't really expect the Kooks playing in a church but according to the reports it was a great gig.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your report!

And 10 min ago I finally ordered the Live at the Fillmore DVD. So now I also have something to look forward to! :naughty:

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. I'll do my best to write a report (though my posting here has not been so frequent as it used to be....)

And I hope you enjoy your new dvd!:thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the gig a few weeks ago...I'm a little late reporting...:naughty:

Fantastic venue. Very intimate. Christine, closetmikafan, and I were 2nd row.

Only held a few hundred people. No screaming, no jumping, no crazy pushing either. Great opening act named Tony Lucca. The only negative of the evening was that I was cold and tired. We waited out in freezing temperatures for about 2 hours.:thumbdown: Other than that, I wish all gigs could be like this. Oh, and we learned that "Love Song" is not about any particular person but about her label. What a coincidence...a hit single about not bowing to the pressure of your record label...sounds familiar doesn't it? :wink2:

:naughty:

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

oh wow..that looks so amazing!

Would be great if she'd do the Gravity Tour in europe too... :wub2:

Yeah,Love Song is about nagging bosses ... why do those songs always turn out to be hits? :naughty:

Got more pics? :biggrin2:

• 3 months later...
Right Right !!!

Hey we should start a new thread !!! about this.. Go for it !!! :teehee:

Happy to leave it to you to start with GK and then we keep posting the titles one by one later on to keep the thread alive:wink2:

• 1 month later...
quote bumping. Why hasn't she done this yet :( She still owes us UK people a couple of cancelled gigs too :emot-sad: I miss her!!!!

We may be getting Javier sooner than her :roftl: But yeah...would have been great to see her again. I suppose she is working on the new album,but I'm hoping that won't take another year. Oh the selfishness :naughty:

We may be getting Javier sooner than her :roftl: But yeah...would have been great to see her again. I suppose she is working on the new album,but I'm hoping that won't take another year. Oh the selfishness :naughty:

Oh, I quite liked that Javier Dunn! :thumb_yello:

That's fine, I love that guy :naughty:

just wanted to let you know (and you maybe don't even care) but our show in november got canceled. i was bummed because i was going to be opening that show for sara and i was pretty excited. but yeah, i guess it's cancelled. just thought i'd let you know. you rock.

I like the fact that I hadn't spoken to him in 2 months and he remembered I said I was going and dug up my profile to send a message :thumb_yello:

• 8 months later...

Lyrics to the new song!!! Well, I tried my best, I think they're mostly right. Correct if you think otherwise.

King of Anything

Keep drinking coffee, stare me down across the table

While I look outside

So many things I'd say, if only I were able, but I just keep quiet

and count the cars that pass by

You've got opinions man, we're all entitled to 'em

But I never asked

So let me thank you for your time,

and try not to waste any more of mine

Get out of here fast

I hate to break it to ya, babe

But I'm not drowning