Could it be? PART 8!! Pink Pony riders club. Insanity is welcome, sanity is not.

Mika4Life13

I looked at everyone in the kitchen. Leave? Head out to the world unknown? Not that we hadn't been to Peru before. But really go out on our own? I was scared. Not for myself, but for the others. Calvin and I could only do so much, especially with such a large group, and the members of the Movement had taken us out pretty easily. I couldn't protect them, not fully. That bothered me a lot. But we couldn't stay here, and we couldn't stay as pawns in the war, not even on the side of the Movement. We needed to go somewhere completely neutral, where no one would bother us, and we could finish training. Then, once we were back in fighting shape, we could start to look up our old contacts again, set up our network. Word would inevitably get out that the PPRs were still alive, and when it did, we would need our friends in high places available again for when things got sticky.

"How will we afford plane tickets to Peru?" I asked, "And how will we get passports and clothing? We can't go into an airport with these jumpsuits. We'll look like some sort of cult."

Mickey looked up.

"Hold that thought," she said, standing and walking out of the kitchen. She soon returned, holding a sheet of paper. I glanced at the paper, then did a double take. What I had taken for a sheet of paper was actually a sheet of some kind of metal. Mickey placed it on the table, then tapped the center of it with her finger. It immediately lit up and became a touch-screen computer. We stared in awe as she brought up the internet.

"You had bank accounts before the cryo, right?" she asked, her hands maneuvering the screen with fluid precision. I nodded.

"My parents were con artists. They left me a fortune, but we lived mostly off the interest and the money we made from public appearances and missions. But it was kept in a secret account in a bank in Zurich that Kevin hacked into. Not even the bank knows about it." I answered. Mickey smiled.

"Good. Then it should still be there."

We watched her sliding her fingers across the screen for a few more minutes, stopping to type every few seconds or so.

"Ah!" she exclaimed, stopping suddenly, "Here it is."

I stared at her. There was only one person I'd ever seen who was better at manipulating computers, and he had been dead for 23 years.

"How did you do that?" I asked her, an impossible suspicion forming in my head, but before she could answer, Becky gasped.

"Is that the total amount in euros?" she asked, her eyes widening. I looked down at the screen. Wow. Over the two decades we'd been out of commission, without being spent at all, my parents' fortune had become...well, more fortune-y. Even with our expensive tastes in clothing, weapons, travelling, and general excuses for spending money, we would never have to worry about funds. I had always thought of the account as endless money, courtesy of my parents. Now it really was endless. There was absolutely no way we could ever spend it all.

Mickey opened another window on the browser and looked up passports, identification, birth certificates, everything we would need for a life on the outside. Again, I got a sense of deja vu watching her typing away on the computer. I took M aside and nudged her.

"Does she remind you of anyone?" I asked. M nodded, her eyes narrowing on Mickey's hair.

"But what I'm thinking is silly," she said, "Impossible!"

"My ideas are impossible too," I replied, "But it doesn't change the fact that figuring out her parents is going to be more interesting than I thought."

"Ok, it looks like we can get everything we need." Soa said, "Peru, anyone?"

Mickey frowned for a minute as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and worked the touch screen computer

"Maybe not Peru." she said, bringing our attention to a news website. "According to this site new conflicts are breaking out in Peru. Plus once people realise you're alive they'll expect us to be hiding in one of the supposed neutral countries."

"So what are you suggesting?" I asked.

Mickey was still working away at the computer. "Hiding in plain site. We go to one of the Nation or Confederation controlled countries. Most of your contacts came from the countries that make up either side anyways, and the Consortium, and as a result the Confederation is bound to be looking for you. They won't want you getting away with all the money they spent on you and they'll expect you to make an escape"

"So what countries does that leave?" asked Mzee frowning at Mickey and her hair

"There's the UK, but since we're already here I think thats out. Weird that the Consortium set up in Nation controlled territory by the way, but maybe they had the same idea"

I racked my brain for a minute trying to think of some of the countries that made up each alliance. "So we could do Japan, the US, Canada or Australia?" I asked.

Instantly a commotion arose as we all tried to convince the others to go to our home country.

"Canada is huge and there's lots of places we could hide out there," Mzee suggested.

"There's more people in the US, we could blend in more easily" Artsy replied.

"But more people to possibly dob us in" Kelz retorted. "Australia has less people and there's the whole outback. Plenty of places to hide there"

The argument continued for many more minutes, getting louder by the second, until Mickey stood up and gave a loud wolf whistle to get our attention.

"How about we go to the one none of us are from. Lets do Japan," she suggested.

"But none of us speak Japanese" I replied.

"And since the war started almost all the countries involved use English as a primary language. Its kind of sad really" MIckey stated. "Plus we can't risk you guys trying to get back in touch with your families. Old contacts are fine, as long as you can trust that there's no way either side knew they were your contacts. Anyone with the slightest doubt should be disregarded as there's a chance they are being watched or got to. But your families are most likely being watched"

We all stared at Mickey. For someone who was new to the group, she was taking charge. Kelz gave us a brief nod to let us know the girl was on the level.

"So we go to Japan. How do we get there though? I'd assume travel between Nation and Confederation space is kinda off limits?" I asked.

Mickey grinned. "We're in England and its Nation controlled space, true. But the Confederation has a toehold in Scotland. All we have to do is cross the border, find an airport and fly to Japan," Mickey said, gesturing to the touch screen.

"You make it sound oh so simple" I muttered sarcastically

Meanwhile in the Movement camp

"I told you there was something fishy about them," the second in charge of the Movement camp told the leader (whose name I can't remember), handing over a pair of headphones and a written transcript. "And you told me that they were trustworthy and that I should turn off the bugs in the house"

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, but there isn't one near school and I haven't bought anything from them in a while. I'm primarily a thrift store and online shopper.

For clothes and shoes:

http://www.gojane.com

For jewelry:

http://www.girlprops.com

For cheaper jewelry:

http://www.fabuless.com

I'll get on msn after I post, my dear. You know how quiet I get while posting anyway.

Postingk!

Mickey frowned for a minute as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and worked the touch screen computer

"Maybe not Peru." she said, bringing our attention to a news website. "According to this site new conflicts are breaking out in Peru. Plus once people realise you're alive they'll expect us to be hiding in one of the supposed neutral countries."

"So what are you suggesting?" I asked.

Mickey was still working away at the computer. "Hiding in plain site. We go to one of the Nation or Confederation controlled countries. Most of your contacts came from the countries that make up either side anyways, and the Consortium, and as a result the Confederation is bound to be looking for you. They won't want you getting away with all the money they spent on you and they'll expect you to make an escape"

"So what countries does that leave?" asked Mzee frowning at Mickey and her hair

"There's the UK, but since we're already here I think thats out. Weird that the Consortium set up in Nation controlled territory by the way, but maybe they had the same idea"

I racked my brain for a minute trying to think of some of the countries that made up each alliance. "So we could do Japan, the US, Canada or Australia?" I asked.

Instantly a commotion arose as we all tried to convince the others to go to our home country.

"Canada is huge and there's lots of places we could hide out there," Mzee suggested.

"There's more people in the US, we could blend in more easily" Artsy replied.

"But more people to possibly dob us in" Kelz retorted. "Australia has less people and there's the whole outback. Plenty of places to hide there"

The argument continued for many more minutes, getting louder by the second, until Mickey stood up and gave a loud wolf whistle to get our attention.

"How about we go to the one none of us are from. Lets do Japan," she suggested.

"But none of us speak Japanese" I replied.

"And since the war started almost all the countries involved use English as a primary language. Its kind of sad really" MIckey stated. "Plus we can't risk you guys trying to get back in touch with your families. Old contacts are fine, as long as you can trust that there's no way either side knew they were your contacts. Anyone with the slightest doubt should be disregarded as there's a chance they are being watched or got to. But your families are most likely being watched"

We all stared at Mickey. For someone who was new to the group, she was taking charge. Kelz gave us a brief nod to let us know the girl was on the level.

"So we go to Japan. How do we get there though? I'd assume travel between Nation and Confederation space is kinda off limits?" I asked.

Mickey grinned. "We're in England and its Nation controlled space, true. But the Confederation has a toehold in Scotland. All we have to do is cross the border, find an airport and fly to Japan," Mickey said, gesturing to the touch screen.

"You make it sound oh so simple" I muttered sarcastically

Meanwhile in the Movement camp

"I told you there was something fishy about them," the second in charge of the Movement camp told the leader (whose name I can't remember), handing over a pair of headphones and a written transcript. "And you told me that they were trustworthy and that I should turn off the bugs in the house"

We arranged for clothing, passports, plane tickets, and identification to be sent to a random post box in Dumfries, Scotland. We figured Calvin's hometown would be small enough and remote enough to be off the radar should we get caught by either side. Calvin of course couldn't go into the village; a small town had it's disadvantages too, and the risk was too great that he'd be recognized. It was arranged that half the group would go to the post office the post box was in to pick up everything and half the group would go on ahead to the airport. We would meet up before the flight and change our clothes, then hop the plane to Osaka. It wasn't a foolproof plan, and there were plenty of things to go wrong, but it was the best we had. Liam dropped by and asked if we had made our decision yet. We told him we would need another couple of nights, and he nodded, not looking surprised. He wasn't his usual friendly self and seemed quite subdued. He left quietly soon after that.

That night, we snuck out and began to make our way towards the border, staying as far into the woods and away from the main roads as we could.

Back at the Movement camp....

"What are we going to do?" asked the second in command. Liam sighed, rubbing his chin.

"Nothing." he replied.

"Nothing?! We can't do nothing! They're leaving tonight! They're going to Scotland!"

"I told them they were not required to stay and fight for our cause. I wish they had been upfront about it and told me outright that they weren't interested, but I won't force them to stay."

"They could be spies! What if they go to the Confederation headquarters and give away our position?"

"They won't do that. We rescued them from the Confederation, remember?"

"You're too trusting! What if they were planted as hostages? What if the Confederation knew we were coming?"

"I won't imprison anyone against their will or jump to conclusions about their intentions like some sort of suspicious war council. We stand for peace, remember?"

There was silence, and Liam walked into his tent without another word. The second in command strode to a tent on the far side of the camp. Inside was a small group of men.

"Liam continues to turn a blind eye to perpetrators who would use his trusting nature to kill us all. I've had enough of his nonviolent strategies and peace-loving leadership. This is a war and to stop it, we must be warriors, stronger and more vicious than the warriors on either side. Tonight is the night we let Liam know that he is no longer an effective leader. Tonight, we catch those traitors before they reach the border."

We arranged for clothing, passports, plane tickets, and identification to be sent to a random post box in Dumfries, Scotland. We figured Calvin's hometown would be small enough and remote enough to be off the radar should we get caught by either side. Calvin of course couldn't go into the village; a small town had it's disadvantages too, and the risk was too great that he'd be recognized. It was arranged that half the group would go to the post office the post box was in to pick up everything and half the group would go on ahead to the airport. We would meet up before the flight and change our clothes, then hop the plane to Osaka. It wasn't a foolproof plan, and there were plenty of things to go wrong, but it was the best we had. Liam dropped by and asked if we had made our decision yet. We told him we would need another couple of nights, and he nodded, not looking surprised. He wasn't his usual friendly self and seemed quite subdued. He left quietly soon after that.

That night, we snuck out and began to make our way towards the border, staying as far into the woods and away from the main roads as we could.

Back at the Movement camp....

"What are we going to do?" asked the second in command. Liam sighed, rubbing his chin.

"Nothing." he replied.

"Nothing?! We can't do nothing! They're leaving tonight! They're going to Scotland!"

"I told them they were not required to stay and fight for our cause. I wish they had been upfront about it and told me outright that they weren't interested, but I won't force them to stay."

"They could be spies! What if they go to the Confederation headquarters and give away our position?"

"They won't do that. We rescued them from the Confederation, remember?"

"You're too trusting! What if they were planted as hostages? What if the Confederation knew we were coming?"

"I won't imprison anyone against their will or jump to conclusions about their intentions like some sort of suspicious war council. We stand for peace, remember?"

There was silence, and Liam walked into his tent without another word. The second in command strode to a tent on the far side of the camp. Inside was a small group of men.

"Liam continues to turn a blind eye to perpetrators who would use his trusting nature to kill us all. I've had enough of his nonviolent strategies and peace-loving leadership. This is a war and to stop it, we must be warriors, stronger and more vicious than the warriors on either side. Tonight is the night we let Liam know that he is no longer an effective leader. Tonight, we catch those traitors before they reach the border."

Nathaniel, the second in charge, split his group in two: One group would come with him and catch the PPRs, the other group would stay in the camp and ensure that Liam didn't find out what Nathaniel was up to. Nathaniel left once the sun had set and snuck up to the house quietly. Each member of his group were hidden around the house, and could all see and hear what was going on. Nathaniel inserted a tiny earpiece in his ear and touched it slightly to turn it on. He then activated the heat seaking glasses. He knew at once that the PPRs were still in the house.

The PPRs had set up fake bodies in the beds to make it look as if they were asleep, should Liam come visiting in the middle of the night.

"Okay, are we ready to go?" Cosmo asked.

The PPRs either nodded or said yes, so they all left the house. They immediately went into the woods, and walked as quickly and quietly as they could. When they were sure they could not be seen, Liam and his team followed.

Artsy stopped suddenly and sniffed the air. Lolly ran into her and swore. "Why the hell did you stop?" she muttered. The rest of the group stopped and looked at Artsy and Lolly.

Artsy frowned and looked behind the group. "Could've sworn we were being followed."

"You're being paranoid." I stated. "They're got no clue that we're leaving."

"I think we ought to be careful. Maybe we should split up now." Artsy replied.

"Maybe that's a good idea." Soa replied.

I shook my head. "The longer we stand here and listen to this crap the bigger chance we have of being discovered. We need to get over the border. Am I really the only one who thinks this is paranoia?"

"Yes." Mika replied.

"We're splitting up now, and that's final Nico. You can either like it, or you can chance it on your own."

I frowned and folded my arms.

"Right, does everyone remember where you were going?"

Everyone nodded.

Cal, Finn, ER, Lolly, Mickey, Cosmo and I stood together, ready to head for the airport in Glasgow, and Artsy, Mzee, Glow, Soa, Kelzy, Becky and Mika would go to Dumfries and pick up the mail and get it redirected to Osaka.

Just as Cal was about to leave, Cal grabber her arm and whispered something in her ear. She frowned, looked at him and nodded gravely. She then turned and ran away quietly. Cal looked at the rest of us and waved us on.

Later...

Artsy stopped and sniffed the air again. Crap, it's them, she thought. She stopped the group and pulled them in close. "Someone is definitely following us. I think it's people from the Movement. I remember smelling that smell."

"Are you certain?" Kelzy asked.

Artsy nodded. "We need to get them off our tails. I have a plan..."

Later again...

It was early morning by the time we reached the border to Scotland.

"Well that's a problem..." I muttered bitterly as I eyed the 8 ft tall electrified fence.

Cal picked up a branch and threw it at the fence. We all cringed as the branch was fried in 3 seconds flat. "I'd say climbing over it is out of the question."

Mickey in the direction of the road, where there were a large number of people and grinned. "Who feels like becoming a refugee?"

I had to name the second in charge, it was annoying just referring to him as second in charge...

Oh interesting (might have been idea to let Glows character disappear though since low chance of her posting again - easier to keep up if we try and keep posters in group :naughty:

But then - she was Edwin's mother and he'd be an interesting child to turn up :wink2:

I'd post but I had 2-3 hours sleep last night and then went on a road trip with friends today and only just got home, so its sleep time

Oh interesting (might have been idea to let Glows character disappear though since low chance of her posting again - easier to keep up if we try and keep posters in group :naughty:

But then - she was Edwin's mother and he'd be an interesting child to turn up :wink2:

I'd post but I had 2-3 hours sleep last night and then went on a road trip with friends today and only just got home, so its sleep time

I guess so... I'm sure someone else introduced her... but then again, we can let her disappear :fisch:

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days - we've been setting up for a little monster called Harvey. He's whinging at me at the moment because my mum is moving his newspaper :naughty: He's a border collie puppy by the way. I'll post pictures if you like :biggrin2: I've caught up, and I may post later =)

By the way, I didn;t say hi to you, Mickey. Welcome!

As for whose child you'll be, the strange dreams link into my power (of pulling people from their dreams into mine), so that could be an idea :original:

Ooh ... cool :teehee:

And I'd really like to see pictures of your pup :pinkbow: